6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The break might actually do Pogba good. He's played so much football this season without a break and played all summer in the Euros.

Zoo

erm .... we don't look very good with him ... and we looked great today after he went off.
No we didn't. Rostov we're growing in confidence as the second half went on as we basically stopped functioning. The goal from a Rostov mistake.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
His first half was woeful, if Fellaini had his first half he'd have gotten boo'ed out the stadium.

slir32

I missed the first 2 mins of the first half and saw his as he was coming off what did the injury look like it was?

Vaibhav Raj

Fellaini had a good time bringing the ball under control otherwise the entire team looked bereft of ability to make any pass other than a short, safe one after Pogba was off. The break will probably do him (Pogba) good but I am already dreading having to watch a midfield of Herrera (when he's available) and Fellaini. Tens of short, cute, sideways passes only to lose the ball and get hit on counter attack. Yeah Pogba is frustrating and screws up simple things a lot of times but he also takes up all the responsibility of any sort of creativity coming from the middle of the pitch and literally all the long, more direct passes that have any sort of quality about them are sent by this man. Pogba hasn't been good but what we have without him is absolutely dreadful and one dimensional. Let's hope Mkhitaryan and Mata are up for it because they will have to do a lot of dropping deep and speeding up the tempo of our coming games.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Such an exaggeration
Um, not really.
Hit a few nice crossfield balls, that Rooney would have gotten lambasted for had he been the one doing it in our midfield.
Other than that, gave the ball away, heavy touches too often, too many touches and not releasing too often, hit a couple shots into the stands including a freekick, overhit a couple through passes straight out of play.
His first half was very poor.

Ban

Decent game up until the injury. Had some heavy touches tho and missplaced passes.

I hope we won't miss him even though he's out of form.

Vaibhav Raj

Different team without him. Most of our chances start with him. I hope it's not serious or we're in big trouble
I felt we were really lucky with Mata's interception and consequently the goal because it opened up some space and our outfield players were able to pass again. Because as soon as Pogba left, the team looked liked they didn't know what to do with the b all. All good and dandy to run around and make interceptions and keep it simple but when it comes to sending direct passes, long passes between the lines or drive the team forward, we have nobody aside from Pogba to take that responsibility.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He hasn't been that bad. We'll see. All of our attacks start with him and even when he's having a bad game he puts some great passes forward.
Im just asking what will we miss from him that Carrick or Fellaini are not capable of doing?

cyberman

Exactly what do you think we'll miss?
You saw that when he went off today.
The play became too compact, all sideways passing and easy to pressure with added attempted dribbles into traffic v larger players who just stood their ground

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His injury was waiting to happen. Played all the time for Juve, reached the final of EC, playing every minute, no preseason and is never rested.

Deleted member 101472

What would people rate him out of 10 so far this season?

A generous 4 for me, all things considered

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum

4 sounds about right.
I hope he gets a good rest with this injury and comes back a bit fresher than the performances hes put in over the last month or so.

Vaibhav Raj

Yet one of the most successful managers in the world will bring him straight back into the team the moment he is fit and rightly so. Good thing caf doesn't decide our starting line-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.