Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Won more tackles than any player in our side, only Casemiro won as many tackles as Pogba.

NoLogo

Big fan but worst player on the pitch tonight. He doesn't take big games too well, it seems.
In general I feel his is still very immature in a lot of games. Rushed and bad decisions, all over the place with little to no tactical discipline and trying too hard to score.

He needs to take a good look at Matic and see take a lesson from his composure and calmness. I dearly hope he can learn to be smarter on the pitch otherwise he bought a super expensive Nani.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Odd that he bottles it so badly against the big teams. He needs to try and calm himself down somehow.

cyberman

Worked extremely hard when not in possession which I was impressed with.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Have defended him a lot, but today he was bad pretty much for the reasons the critics say. Second half was a bit better, when he played behind Fellaini.

I generally like it when he plays deeper & concentrates more on distribution than final third action. He can advance from there too, but the mix is better. So not a fan of 'freeing him up' too much.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's been pretty shite even in spite that stat, which is pretty telling.
Yeah his offensive contribution was average and made few wrong decisions in the final third. Missed few easy passes too.

Lentwood

We need to stop with this experiment of playing him further forward. So good when he has the whole pitch infront of him and so bad when he gets it with his back to goal and starts trying those wierd stud rolling tricks he does

Still our best player by a country mile so we have to do whatever we can to get him to shine in big games

flappyjay

Odd that he bottles it so badly against the big teams. He needs to try and calm himself down somehow.
He tries harder than he should in the big games. He looks good when he keeps it simple, if that was a normal match he probably slips in Mkhitaryan rather than shoot

Manny

Grammar Police
He didn't look focused and I'm sure part of him feels the need to look a world record buy.

So when it started going bad, it went really bad.

Suedesi

Needs to sit on the bench and learn how to play simple.

A shadow of the Juve version - misses the guidance of Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio etc. Not ready to be a leader yet.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
In general I feel his is still very immature in a lot of games. Rushed and bad decisions, all over the place with little to no tactical discipline and trying too hard to score.
I actually think he takes too long to make decisions then still makes the wrong one. It's the main sticking point of his game and it's pretty important for a player like him to sort it out.

Zoo

Good and bad stuff. He'll have a good season in the league.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
His biggest flaw as a player is trying to take on too much himself. And the bigger the game the more he seems to think he needs to take on. It's a bit of a Catch 22. Yong and lernin though.
Was just about to say basically the same, he's trying too hard. Needs to calm it down and use his teammates more; it'll come with time.

He was also up against the best team in the world right now. He'll be fine in the league.

Moonred

He did 4-5 truly bad decisions. The biggest one doesn't hide them all.
That post was during the break. Sure he added a few more.

Anyway, thought he was average. But I see some of the problems. He still plays like he was in Juve when he had incredibly smart footballers with great movements around him which helped him. Most of the time here, I see him grab the ball and then he finds no one to pass to...dilly dallies...with the only option being to blast or hoof the ball which results in either losing the ball or a difficult pass. Most of his problems stems from the fact that he never tries to do simple things which he needs to get over. The same problem is evident in Martial as well.

Holters

Pogba had a mare today. Terrible match. One of his weakest matches in a while.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Kroos is a great player. Every single thing he attempts, you can understand the logic behind it, even if he misses.
I realize he made probably the biggest mistake of the night when he lost the ball to Herrera - but Kroos is like a robot. He just passes the ball like a machine. The right decision 99 out of a 100 and the execution to go with it.

Amazing player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His biggest flaw as a player is trying to take on too much himself. And the bigger the game the more he seems to think he needs to take on. It's a bit of a Catch 22. Yong and lernin though.
Young and learning indeed but isn't it woryying that he shows no sign of improvement when it comes to that for years now ?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Needs to sit on the bench and learn how to play simple.

A shadow of the Juve version - misses the guidance of Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio etc. Not ready to be a leader yet.
I thought that was last season's mantra? So frustrating.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Was just about to say basically the same, he's trying too hard. Needs to calm it down and use his teammates more; it'll come with time.

He was also up against the best team in the world right now. He'll be fine in the league.
Playing in a settled line-up will help with that. Central midfields are built in partnerships. Looking forward to seeing us developing an actual midfield unit this season, for the first time in years.

kouroux

I realize he made probably the biggest mistake of the night when he lost the ball to Herrera - but Kroos is like a robot. He just passes the ball like a machine. The right decision 99 out of a 100 and the execution to go with it.

Amazing player.
Even the little things, like how he shifts his body when receiving a pass in order to pass the teammate he already checked. Left foot, right foot, truly something else. He doesn't just pass it, he makes it liquid.

WoodysWallet

Poor performance from a player that should have standards higher than those shown tonight.

He's a gifted player, but he can't do it alone.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Even the little things, like how he shifts his body when receiving a pass in order to pass the teammate he already checked. Left foot, right foot, truly something else. He doesn't just pass it, he makes it liquid.
Yup. Imagine Pogba playing alongside Casemiro and Kroos. He'd be amazing.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Playing in a settled line-up will help with that. Central midfields are built in partnerships. Looking forward to seeing us developing an actual midfield unit this season, for the first time in years.
Yea definitely. I'm also expecting Matic to help him out a lot. Once those three begin to figure it out together it could be immense.

Blind

Hopefully Matic will be a good influence on him, he played well with Carrick last season and Matic will obviously be a far more consistent presence in the team.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Wanting to do too much by himself, shades of the beginning of the last season for me, hope he grows into the game like he did back then.

Eddy_JukeZ

Young and learning indeed but isn't it woryying that he shows no sign of improvement when it comes to that for years now ?
I don't think going to Juve helped honestly. Someone said it, but he got by there with raw talent and a very good midfield supporting his abilities. Not saying that Pogba was "carried", but his decision making being a weak point was somewhat hidden by that great midfield. If you get what I'm saying.

He can still improve and hopefully Mourinho and the coaching staff can help him in regards to simplicity and reading of the game.

kouroux

I don't think going to Juve helped honestly. Someone said it, but he got by there with raw talent and a very good midfield supporting his abilities. Not saying that Pogba was "carried", but his decision making being a weak point was somewhat hidden by that great midfield. If you get what I'm saying.

He can still improve and hopefully Mourinho and the coaching staff can help him in regards to simplicity and reading of the game.
The frustrating thing is that he can already do it as he does it but never in successive matchs you'll have that feeling that Pogba played like an intelligent and calm player.

NoLogo

I actually think he takes too long to make decisions then still makes the wrong one. It's the main sticking point of his game and it's pretty important for a player like him to sort it out.
Well the first wrong decision from him is that he often keeps the ball when he shouldn't, goes into a dribbling, notices he is going no where and either loses the ball or picks out a pass that gets easily intercepted because at this point the opposition is back in their defensive shape, so yeah he takes too long in a sense. I still feel he is often rushed because he already does something with the ball before he even thinks about what he does. I think the really great midfielders already know what to do with the ball before they even get it, where to pass or which space to run into with it. Modric and Kroos are masters of this. They control the ball and already know where it will go next or if they need to keep it a moment longer. I don't know if you can learn this kind of awareness for the game or if you either have it or not. I damn sure hope though that Pogba can still learn this.

That being said he already had those games for us where I felt he made much smarter decisions with the ball, which where also those where he played in a slightly deeper role.

Frank Grimes

Agree with everyone who says he takes too many touches at times and loses possession when he should be playing it simple but he also has to do better with his chances. Missed a great chance to play Mkhitaryan in in first half and should also have scored from his header in second half when Lukaku missed the rebound.
I expect better to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.