g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd accept £65m for him if a bid came in during the summer. See it as another Di Maria and forget about it.

Its his second season and he doesn't look anywhere close to being a quality midfielder, he's regressed unbelievably since his great time at Juventus which points to a myth to the annoying line "x can only get better". He can turn it around but we've given him 2 seasons and he shouldn't have the luxury of time much more.

If an acceptable bid comes in, I'd probably want us to sell. Otherwise he needs to accept being a bit-part player until he proves otherwise. It's got nothing to do with positional systems or midfield partners. Like Di Maria, the man is chronically misplacing basic passes and losing 50:50s he shouldn't be. Midfield engines are required together with some craft and creativity. He has 1 out of those 3 and only shows that about 33% of the time anyway.

Sanchez7

He has lost all confidence under this manager. Will probably leave and flourish elsewhere next season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looked utterly lost. As if he hasn’t a clue about where he should be or what he should do.

Virror

Should be nowhere near the starting lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Absolute fecking shambles of a player at the minute. Never mind not playing him in a midfield 2, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team at the minute.

Everyone's always bending over to get this prancing haircut into the team. feck that. Earn it by your performances.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not sure if he's still injured or can't be arsed. But for someone who you want to be your driving force from midfield his attitude is really poor.

goin4glory

If the rest of our midfield options weren't so awful we could look at moving onto someone else. But Fellaini/McTominay/Herrera/Lingard is all mid table dross.

kps88

Is he not allowed to break into anything more than a gentle jog anymore?

You'd think he would have been desperate to prove a point after being left on the bench.

Denis79

World class talent but we have no idea how to use him or how to get anything out of him.

Under a more progressive manager he’d be fantastic, but under Jose I don’t see the point.
He doesn't give a shit, he plays for himself and nothing else. Mentally weak and should feck off. fecking shambolic performance from a 100 M player. He should fecking be ashamed of himself. Mourinho deserves all the shit he's going to get now and so should the players that performed like Pogba did. I know I'm knee-jerking and fuming after that loss but feck me what a fecking degenerate we have in Pogba. fecking joke of a "star player".

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He can't be accommodated. We don't have the players to do it and he doesn't have the discipline to change his playstyle for the benefit of the team.

Get rid.

Pav1878

He doesn't give a shit, he plays for himself and nothing else. Mentally weak and should feck off. fecking shambolic performance from a 100 M player. He should fecking be ashamed of himself. Mourinho deserves all the shit he's going to get now and so should the players that performed like Pogba did. I know I'm knee-jerking and fuming after that loss but feck me what a fecking degenerate we have in Pogba. fecking joke of a "star player".
Absolutely and totally correct

engulfing

Hes not worth what we are paying him. It's time to do a market check and assess our options. He should be frozen out for a month minimum.

AndersB

Pogba really seems a confidence player, who now has zero confidence. Combine that with absolutely no passion to fight for his team, and a club that gets more media attention than basically any other, and you've got a helluva combo.

Bobski

If he was not injured that was a terrifying cameo, needed a great player to come on and make an impact, he was appalling, could not even complete the basics.

Pogba can very quickly go from being seen as fantastic potential to a fantastic disappointment. He had to be great next season.

Gbenger

He's been out of form recently and now, he is just returning from an injury.

He's a terrific player who would flourish under positive managers. I'd keep him and get rid of Jose.

backtowhiteside

He's been useless since Sanchez came to the team...what the feck is the problem?

Never cared for the haircut, just dominate midfield or feck off. I thought we played well until Pogba replaced Fellaine. Whats his problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No idea what he was doing for the first goal, just stood there like a statue in the centre, then jogged back when Sevilla were counter attacking.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It's him or Mourinho I think, and at this stage I'd rather another manager came in and coached him properly. He has so much to learn, he's been awful but I really don't believe he's getting a whole lot of help to develop his game.

Minimalist

This thread is boring now of late so I'll just say he was awful. Which he was. Passing shocking, decision making shocking. Added nothing.

*cue his defenders*

OldSchoolManc

We lost any shape we had when he came on. Has the discipline of a sulky teenager. Plays for himself and not the team. I think that’s him done unless there’s a miracle turnaround.

ice-bionic red

I’ve backed him so much for 2 seasons but running out of things to say now.

His confidence is completely shot right now too. Turning into a
£89m disaster

Champagne Football

Why did Mourinho bring him on when we only had Matic in central mid? That was always going to spell disaster. You'd think Jose would have learned by now that unless we have Matic and McTominay together or Matic and Fellaini together then we lose..It's as simple as that. It's not Pogba's fault that Jose threw him on while leaving only 1 central mid on the field.

Pogba has the attributes to play central mid but right now he is an attacking mid and it's not the time to experiment with him in central mid. If we sell him in the summer and he goes to say PSG or Juventus then I have no doubt he'll be outstanding again when played in the right position

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He didn't train this week, did he? Feels like he's been rushed back.

That said, I agree with the posters saying Fergie was right.

We need an rvn

Today's market... £150m to Real and he'll be a star for them. Can't seem to play for mourinho. If mourinho is to be our manager for the next 3 years sell him. If not, keep Paul.

But there is a nagging thing in the back of my mind he bought juve's best player (arguably) and can't fit him in the team (who buys a player for 90m and not know what to do with him). But mou also sold salah and de bruyne as he didn't rate or be able to work with them. I'd snap both of those up now.

Mourinho has me torn. He wins, no doubt about that but he fecks squads up too.

Bwuk

What is he then? An attacking left sided CM?
He just can’t play deep in midfield, he can’t track a man and gets lost. He’s like Fellaini there but with ability on the ball.

I’m not even sure what to do with him.

engulfing

He should get the Fellaini treatment. Boo and whistle him. Either he wakes up and becomes a better player or he will leave. Either way is fine.

Ban

Is Jose using him right or is it on him or it's both? I'd say both. It seems he cares more for his Instagram and haircut than for his performances.
Will it be Jose or him in the summer?

cyberman

The thing is, if he can't learn defensive discipline from Jose then he's a lost cause in that regard.
The play better under Pep line can't even be used since he would have absolutely roasted Paul over his performances as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.