Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He’s got to go back to basics.

Tonight was a defining moment for Pogba, and that is no compliment. He needs to endear himself to the Old Trafford faithful and show his desire to be successful. If he can show evidence of that, he’s fighting a lost cause and will never succeed here.

I’ve never felt truly disappointed by him, but tonight was a horrible cameo. He let us down.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Abject 30 minutes. I don't know what we do with him at this stage. He looks like he couldn't care less.

finneh

The kind of performance you'd make if you thought you were above coming off the bench in a Champions League knockout match.

If I were manager he'd exclusively be starting from the bench until he proved beyond doubt and when it matters that he can be trusted.

gza the genius

Don't care if he's injured or what's going on, he didn't look bother in the slightest. He's completely disappeared almost every time we've ever needed him to stand up, he's supposed to be our best player and this is what we get? I genuinely hope he's sold this summer, I'd rather see Mctominay and Matic play out the rest of the season. Tonight's loss isn't on him but he was infuriating.

Denis79

Yeah, I'm done with defending him to be honest. Almost two seasons here and he's played consistently well for about 2/3 months of that period. You can talk about positioning and managers and whatever but it doesn't matter where he's playing or who he's playing for if he jogs around the pitch and is ridiculously careless with his passing.
He's an 89 million player who fancies himself as a player, this is another game where he hasn't done the basics.

Can't keep making excuses for him. Do you think Pep would accept a player jogging about? Do you see how much leg work De Bruyne and Silva get through? Dembele and Eriksen at Spurs under Poch? Do you really really think Pogba would be allowed to go into those teams and coast around playing careless balls.
There is no defending the shit show tonight, he's a 100M player. He simply doesn't give a shit, has no pride, plays for nothing but his own glory. I said before Mourinho will deserve all the shir he's going to get after this game and so do the players. Pogba is a child in a mans body. If it isn't going his way, if the pressure is to much, he folds. He can stick to his fecking Instagram and facebook dancing videos and feck off. Man I'm so angry. Logging out now to calm down.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
Today's market... £150m to Real and he'll be a star for them. Can't seem to play for mourinho. If mourinho is to be our manager for the next 3 years sell him. If not, keep Paul.

But there is a nagging thing in the back of my mind he bought juve's best player (arguably) and can't fit him in the team (who buys a player for 90m and not know what to do with him). But mou also sold salah and de bruyne as he didn't rate or be able to work with them. I'd snap both of those up now.

Mourinho has me torn. He wins, no doubt about that but he fecks squads up too.
Even in todays market he is only worth £89M... There is no way anyone would pay £150M for him on current form. Coutinho is the same age and is a level above Pogba on this (and last) seasons form and only went for £142M

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Everything like what?

He left United, won a numerous amount of silverware, got himself into the world XI and we bought him back for 89M.

Had he still been at Juve, I imagine he'd be still bossing it.
Everything meant our exit from ucl, bad performance and jose losing the plot with the post match comments.

Irrational.

Genuinely getting fed up of him.

Far too much of an ego, thinks he's better than he is, crumbles under pressure.

I'm seriously doubting his credentials as a United player.

Juve must be laughing their heads off.

Bobski

About what?
Pogba not being ready at 18 to start for Utd. Kind of funny that every-time he so much as farted in Italy you had Utd fans up in arms about him being allowed to go, but 6-7 years later he still looks like an immature child compared to serious players.

engulfing

The kind of performance you'd make if you thought you were above coming off the bench in a Champions League knockout match.

If I were manager he'd exclusively be starting from the bench until he proved beyond doubt and when it matters that he can be trusted.
If i was the manager he would be playing in the reserves till he can show he can get his intensity up to where a midfielder should be.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
He had a couple of bad passes but other than that he wasnt bad. he doesn't jog around thats how he runs. Hes not a play with high acceleration it takes a while for him to get to full speed sprinting around would be pointless for him and tire him out. Our losing wasnt his fault it was our lack of intensity and poor team structure. No one else gets blames but him

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
His famous Juventus performances don't really exist in the Champions League. I remember him being quite a liability for them in either of their defeats against Bayern and Barcelona in crunch matches. Could actually have been in both.

Enigma_87

You know who
God awful once again. Passenger. That pass to no one in the end summed up his season.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't know what to expect of him. I thought he was excellent to start the season, but since the new year, it's been very eh.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Didn't watch the the game. Was he really that bad?
Basically the same dross that got him benched. No tracking back, misplacing basic passes, taking too many touches.

He was so much better earlier on the season, both in defense and attack. He's just a nothing player at the moment.

reddevil702

Think Jose might have lost him... imo his performances aren't as bad as is being said but there just seems to be something missing since Jose dropped him. Last year his energy level was like Lukaku's currently and now at times just doesn't seem up for it.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Along with those boys over at Juventuz as well...

Djemba-Djemba

Could hear the crowd really losing patience with him by the 3rd or 4th time he passed the ball straight out for a throw in.

I know personally I'm completely sick of him right now

Last edited:

Seveneric

The thread where people actually suggested him for captain has to be one of the most idiotic on here. He never looked like captain material when things were going well and he certainly doesn't look like one now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wasn't playing well before, even less so now his confidence looks knocked.

Rockets Redglare

If someone came in for him in the summer I’d happily let him leave. I never thought I’d say that at the start of the season, but I just don’t think he’s worth the hassle and he doesn’t appear good enough to build a team round.

Dinghy

There's clearly been a fallout. Don't think we'll see both him and Mourinho here next season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not sure how he has a 2.5 rating. He actually couldn't have been any worse. The second 1 I've ever given, I think. The other being a Rooney performance, shortly before he left.

Ludens the Red

He will not jog under Pep. He will work hard and press for the ball like others. His fitness levels would improve and he will get used to it. It's Mourinho style that is affecting him. Pogba is certainly not lazy.

Players like him would rather chase the ball high up the pitch than sit deep and track opposition midfielders. It's what many fail to understand. It's the same for players like Martial who are called lazy.

Martial too would be called hardworking if an attacking manager convinces him to press opposition defenders and win the ball high up the pitch. Since he would end up playing so close to goal, he will end up attacking more. Martial would certainly do this instead of the hard work that involves spending more time tracking back, chasing opposition fullbacks and sitting in your own half.

Not every flair technical player is capable of doing the hard work in Mourinho's setup. It's normal for some to struggle. Pogba is an incredible player. To say he will fail under Pep because he's lazy is the height of naivety. If he fails, it will be due to an entirely different reason.

I will get rid of Mourinho before selling Pogba and I stand by this.
:lol: So wait, before the high press became common in football, players were incapable of working hard? running back? and tracking runners? Honestly mate, that might be the most ridiculous excuse for Paul Pogba I've ever seen. Being a hardworking player is not something you teach, of course fitness levels can vary in a career but to suggest that Pogba will suddenly become this hardworking presser of the ball if we push high up the pitch might be the most stupid thing I've ever seen.
The statistics show that Man City and Spurs run more than any other team, and they do that because they have hardworking players, throw Pogba into any of those teams and the whole thing falls apart. If he can't even get himself to work hard in a team who's style of play doesn't rely on heavy pressing and working hard just how the feck is he going to go into a team who's style of play does rely on this and become effective. Hard work is hard work, it doesn't suddenly become a different type of hard work because it's higher up the pitch ffs.

engulfing

Didn't watch the the game. Was he really that bad?
He lost us the game, midfield lost control once he replaced Fellaini. If he wasn't fully fit he shouldn't play. He played like tree mode Fellaini, slow, static and useless with abject passing accuracy.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He lost us the game, midfield lost control once he replaced Fellaini. If he wasn't fully fit he shouldn't play. He played like tree mode Fellaini, slow, static and useless with abject passing accuracy.
I'm one of his harshest critics but come on :lol:

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
The midfield was bad all game. It was bad before he came on and it was bad when he was on. We could have easily conceded before pogba got on the pitch. It was just a bad game all around for the entire team with the exception of Lukaku and maybe bailey

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
People talk about how he'd perform under Guardiola. I suspect Guardiola would never wanna work with him, he's canned a big player like Touré for them who was pretty much a highlight reel for them with his long range goals. Guardiola likes players who submit to his cause and directives, "puppies" like Zlatan used to call them. I don't see Pogba being that player.

engulfing

I'm one of his harshest critics but come on :lol:
You could see it coming, we were passing the ball and we fed the ball to matic who was ahead of pogba, we lost the ball and sevilla tried to counter yet even though matic was 15 meters ahead of pogba, he got back into defensive position first. Pogba was 10 meters behind.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
:lol: So wait, before the high press became common in football, players were incapable of working hard? running back? and tracking runners? Honestly mate, that might be the most ridiculous excuse for Paul Pogba I've ever seen. Being a hardworking player is not something you teach, of course fitness levels can vary in a career but to suggest that Pogba will suddenly become this hardworking presser of the ball if we push high up the pitch might be the most stupid thing I've ever seen.
The statistics show that Man City and Spurs run more than any other team, and they do that because they have hardworking players, throw Pogba into any of those teams and the whole thing falls apart. If he can't even get himself to work hard in a team who's style of play doesn't rely on heavy pressing and working hard just how the feck is he going to go into a team who's style of play does rely on this and become effective. Hard work is hard work, it doesn't suddenly become a different type of hard work because it's higher up the pitch ffs.
I doubt theyd fall apart if anything hed shine because they have more of the ball and actually makes runs that would give pogba something to pass to.

Status
Not open for further replies.