Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentiu amt

So it's Pogba ah, again?
Pogba is at fault for the first 60 minutes of dreadful and absolutely idiotic football we played?
Is he at fault that most of our crosses were in the sky and most of our passes towards the forward players were 30 second late?

And for the people that go to the stadium as "fans" and get outclassed by feking 5k sevillia fans, you should be ashamed. And don't give me the acoustics speech, it was a boring audience, boring to say the least.

I understand the team is in decline, but we as fans are in decline as well.

JoaquinJoaquin

So it's Pogba ah, again?
Pogba is at fault for the first 60 minutes of dreadful and absolutely idiotic football we played?
Is he at fault that most of our crosses were in the sky and most of our passes towards the forward players were 30 second late?

And for the people that go to the stadium as "fans" and get outclassed by feking 5k sevillia fans, you should be ashamed. And don't give me the acoustics speech, it was a boring audience, boring to say the least.

I understand the team is in decline, but we as fans are in decline as well.
We have many problems. The tactics and Jose are the main issue but let's not excuse Pogba here either. He has been awful for a while. I'm not sure this is ending well with Pogba if truth be told as he looks poor tactically and simply uninterested.

Ludens the Red

Yeah, I'm done with defending him to be honest. Almost two seasons here and he's played consistently well for about 2/3 months of that period. You can talk about positioning and managers and whatever but it doesn't matter where he's playing or who he's playing for if he jogs around the pitch and is ridiculously careless with his passing.
He's an 89 million player who fancies himself as a player, this is another game where he hasn't done the basics.

He has lost all confidence under this manager. Will probably leave and flourish elsewhere next season.
He's been out of form recently and now, he is just returning from an injury.

He's a terrific player who would flourish under positive managers. I'd keep him and get rid of Jose.
Can't keep making excuses for him. Do you think Pep would accept a player jogging about? Do you see how much leg work De Bruyne and Silva get through? Dembele and Eriksen at Spurs under Poch? Do you really really think Pogba would be allowed to go into those teams and coast around playing careless balls.

Sanchez7

You don't need confidence to run, for feck's sake. Get your head out of your ass.
Agree. His attitude has been terrible just like AdM, however i would rather give someone with such abundance of talent a chance than some of the other more limited players.

IIRC AdM still was our top assist makerS in that season despite missing half of it. Just like him, Pogba is one of our most productive midfielders despite the dip.

Hawks2008

Can't make a tackle, can't string a pass, can't show any kind of determination or fight. If he cared about football as much as he did his image he'd be a generational player, instead we have a 89m charlatan prancing around the field doing sweet feck all. Cut our fecking losses, it's not going to work out.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How do folks who thought he is one of the best players in the world feel? Or best midfielder in the league, and crap like that?

He is still just potentially great player, nowhere near great yet. He has never proved over consinstent period to be our best player, let aline something more during his time here.

arthurka

Strolling around like a child without a care in the world .. I am running out of positives ..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I have seen him struggle before and show some fire but here he has no fire, he doesn't try to do too much which is a trademark of his when he is a bit down. Weird.

Devil81

I'd much rather Mourinho go during the summer to see what another manager could get out of Pogba.

It wouldn't surprise me if we sold Pogba though.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Clearly not fit.

It takes some work by the manager to turn Paul Pogba to shit. He'll go somewhere else and be immense. There isn't a team in the world that wouldn't take him. We just have a clueless cnut of a manager, who spent 90M on a player he had no plan for. We have no right winger, barely any midfielders to get the best out of our system. Shit full backs. But luckily 3 top drawer left wingers.
WTF.

ti vu

He changed the game for worse. The first goal was all about him, not playing midfielder properly. He was supposed to help the back to bring the ball out. Guess what? He just left them do it themselves who we know ain't very good to begin with. He positioned himself in advance position so when we lost the ball, he was in no position to defend. And even when we're chasing result, it feels as if he's one level behind from the required intensity. From what a promising season for him has turned into a shiteshow.

Canagel

People can't wait to stick the knife into Pogba. He's a top player suffering from a lack of confidence. The problem is Mourinho. It's gone beyond blaming the players. Sanchez, Martial, Pogba basically all our flair players are under performing. The common denominator is Mourinho. I'll wait to judge these players under a different manager with a different voice.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
That should be his last ever performance for us. Collects his pay, poses on instagram and plays when he feels like it. Get what we can for him in the summer. Complete disgrace.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
Something is definitely not right with him. He was playing brilliantly during the first months of the season, unrecognizable now. Can't figure out what's wrong but he looks like he couldn't care less out there. Hope he sorts himself out soon.
It all started after Sanchez was bought and given 500k/w and those news stories leaked about how Pogba wasn't happy with that

engulfing

Jose isn't going anywhere so pogba either gets his head repaired or hes gone. Mourinho is learning pogba cannot be depended upon. So until he can, mou won't be starting him anymore. I don't think we will sell him this summer but he either performs next season or he will be sold.

The White Pele

His reaction to being dropped is not what I expect from a leading Manchester United player.

It’s not a mindset I associate with this club.

He could learn a lot from Lukaku who in terms of ability is far inferior.

el3mel

Will try to clear my head as much as possible but the comparison with Veron is starting to become very right it's mad to not notice the similarity. 2 great players on their day but he's not suited for the team or is just a tactical headache.

I'm struggling to find a manager that will get the best out of him the EPL. He's a defensive liability, can't play in midfield duo and doesn't offer much when we play 2 defensive midfielders to just secure his defensive side.

With this rate I expect him to be gone by summer 2019.

Bobski

Looking more and more like a player that can not be built around or relied upon. Good player in a great team with others to lead and make key decisions but as a leader or key decision maker? Not there yet, maybe never.

Jacko21

I sincerely hope he was carrying an injury tonight, because if not, we have a £90m problem on our hands.

ash_86

Isn't CL the biggest stage around? If he's not showing ambition and promise here , where will he show it?

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
People can't wait to stick the knife into Pogba. He's a top player suffering from a lack of confidence. The problem is Mourinho. It's gone beyond blaming the players. Sanchez, Martial, Pogba basically all our flair players are under performing. The common denominator is Mourinho. I'll wait to judge these players under a different manager with a different voice.
It’s not really that, Pogba gets away with poor performances more than most at the club. He’s either low on confidence or rusty or injured or not playing in his best position - it’s never because he’s just played poorly.

I am by no way advocating that we should sell him. He can be a great player for us but right now he’s extremely far away from that.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've been in this part of the forum all weekend giving my opinion on Pogba, and it looks like he proved me right tonight. The excuses will roll in, as they always do for a player who hasn't actually done anything truly significant in a red shirt.
Don't get me wrong, hes far, far from the only one, but he's simply never going to work for us if we want to win the premier league and champions league. People say the style of play constricts him, but then he plays like he doesn't know the basics. The amount of wayward sloppy passes he did tonight showed him for what he is, he's supposed to be a creative spark in midfield. We got rid of Mkhytarian for not being good enough, and I'd be incredibly surprised if he escapes the same fate.

C3Pique

"I think I'm done with Pogba. Unless his foot is hanging off there is no excuse for missing this game.

When we've needed him most he's vanished this season. Just doesn't sit with me as a true United player."

This post got laughed out and deleted before the Liverpool game. By that measure this thread should be empty by the morning, unless anyone believes he actually looked like a Manchester United central midfielder out there today.

Djemba-Djemba

Disgraceful, insulting cameo tonight. I'm trying to remember the last time a Utd player was as bad as that and then I remember it was also Pogba at Newcastle.

If the rumours about PSG wanting him are true I'd bite their fecking hand off in the Summer. He'd be perfect in the French league, he'd be able to coast through 90% of the games.

Drainy

My view is that he always wants to over-complicate his play and take more touches than necessary.

Mourinho needs to give him less freedom, more definition in his attacking play. Get it deep, get it out of your feet, play the pass, follow the pass-> if a killer ball opportunity is there try it, then get back into position if it doesn't come off. Start again.

Letting him dribble, take on shots and try his passes plays into his weaknesses- mainly overplaying and decision making.

ravi2

Strolling around like a child without a care in the world .. I am running out of positives ..
He played tonight like someone going through he motions, like he is just here to pick up a paycheck.
It happened around the time Jose and him go into a spat, since then Pogba hasn't been the same.

Backrow Singer

Honestly, what is going on with him at all? If he’s injured, protect the lad and just say he isn’t fit to play.

His game is based on how well he can move with the ball but he hasn’t taken anyone on in weeks. He takes the ball and gets rid as quickly as he can, more often than not he just gives the ball away. He was so bad tonight, so bad against Newcastle, so bad against Palace etc. He’s either injured or can’t be arsed, it’s one or the other.

Whatever it is, it needs sorting quickly one way or the other.

Gbenger

Can't keep making excuses for him. Do you think Pep would accept a player jogging about? Do you see how much leg work De Bruyne and Silva get through? Dembele and Eriksen at Spurs under Poch? Do you really really think Pogba would be allowed to go into those teams and coast around playing careless balls.
He will not jog under Pep. He will work hard and press for the ball like others. His fitness levels would improve and he will get used to it. It's Mourinho style that is affecting him. Pogba is certainly not lazy.

Players like him would rather chase the ball high up the pitch than sit deep and track opposition midfielders. It's what many fail to understand. It's the same for players like Martial who are called lazy.

Martial too would be called hardworking if an attacking manager convinces him to press opposition defenders and win the ball high up the pitch. Since he would end up playing so close to goal, he will end up attacking more. Martial would certainly do this instead of the hard work that involves spending more time tracking back, chasing opposition fullbacks and sitting in your own half.

Not every flair technical player is capable of doing the hard work in Mourinho's setup. It's normal for some to struggle. Pogba is an incredible player. To say he will fail under Pep because he's lazy is the height of naivety. If he fails, it will be due to an entirely different reason.

I will get rid of Mourinho before selling Pogba and I stand by this.

engulfing

Hes not a leader or a winner and he certainly isn't world class. Hes proving that he actually is a rather limited player who cannot perform under pressure.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Nice little jogging session tonight.

The biggest concern was that it was obvious he wouldn't contribute much more if he started. Maybe he's still injured, feck if I know at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.