Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

On the whole it was a good performance. Wasn't great in the first half mind (bar his assist).

Brilliant, again. The three in midfield are working well together and letting him roam.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Feck’s sake, really? We really have turned into a team of waster galacticos. That’s infuriating.
Bit random, or maybe very random, but I just happened to open up the thread on this page here.

But I think Mourinho is renowned for letting players do this type of stuff. Wesley Sneijder went into incredible lengths to thank and praise José for letting him him fly back to Holland regularly during the week between matches, without even having to turn up training, all during that treble winning season (which was also his personal best) - in this case because he was missing his son. Apparently all Mourinho asked in return was to be 100% committed and focused during the matches and deliver the goods.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He had a left footed pass on the break to Herrera from across the pitch.

Not his greatest pass but his ability with his left without any hesitation is freakishly good. I can't think of another player that can casually pull something like that off while on the run.

He also had some smart passes to unleash Lukaku and ease some pressure.

Great again

RedStarUnited

Was at the game today and sat near the left side of our team. Pogba was very very vocal today at his team mates, probably the most ive seen him be at United.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had a left footed pass on the break to Herrera from across the pitch.

Not his greatest pass but his ability with his left without any hesitation is freakishly good. I can't think of another player that can casually pull something like that off while on the run.

He also had some smart passes to unleash Lukaku and ease some pressure.

Great again
Yeah his ability to pass with both feet is just superb.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
One of the few of our team who can actually play football and 70% of redcafe want(ed) him sold and think it's great for United's future.
If you don't run around like a headless chicken up and down the pitch in British football then you aren't doing much. :rolleyes:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
If you don't run around like a headless chicken up and down the pitch in British football then you aren't doing much. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure if you are aware, but Pogba won the ball high up the pitch for the assist. He was also fantastic at preventing Spurs from putting dangerous balls in the box in the 2nd half.

Running will NEVER be a negative attribute in football, working on the pitch is fundamental to becoming a top player. The only players that run very little are midfielders approaching the end of their careers. Pogba is in his physical prime and should be utilizing his physical gifts.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not sure if you are aware, but Pogba won the ball high up the pitch for the assist. He was also fantastic at preventing Spurs from putting dangerous balls in the box in the 2nd half.

Running will NEVER be a negative attribute in football, working on the pitch is fundamental to becoming a top player. The only players that run very little are midfielders approaching the end of their careers. Pogba is in his physical prime and should be utilizing his physical gifts.
I agree with you, but work rate has been lauded over the years in British football to the detriment of the English NT from a technical ability standpoint, which is a stark contrast to how the Spaniards, Dutch, Brazilians etc have coached their players.

Canagel

Was at the game today and sat near the left side of our team. Pogba was very very vocal today at his team mates, probably the most ive seen him be at United.
Who was he angry with? I saw him gesticulating wildly at someone but couldn't tell who it was.

He was my MOTM ❤

Really happy with his last two performances, I think he's starting to realise what it is Jose expects of him now. Long may it continue.

Robertd0803

Another big performance. Played some lovely stuff and defended very well. That bit where he hounded Erikkson was brilliant.

Devil may care

Like all of our team he had a rough first 20 minutes but played his way into the game, competed well in the 50/50's, got on the ball and used it well and incisively, capping off the first half with an assist. In the second I thought he found a good balance of workrate, positional discipline and being creative when he got on the ball, more of this please Paul.

Canagel

The players just need to give him options when he's on the ball. He is probably the best passer in the PL when he has runners off the ball. Can play over the top or through balls. Right and left foot. Get in a RW and two fullbacks and he'll be even more effective next season.

Gordon S

Motm for me, i think he looked really determined. Winning the ball back from Dembele and assisting Sanchez changed the game. Absolutely no chance we're selling this guy. Special player.

Vanya

his work rate was so much better. played like he cared. he did lose eriksen a couple of times but barring that excellent performance.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What a dreadful first 20 minutes, trying the flicks, half hearted attempt to catch Eriksen (even if you know you can’t catch him, show the fans that you tried ffs). Great moment for the first goal and a few really good moments later ( great long pass to Lukaku) but did not dominate the midfield area and was anonymous for long periods. 6/10.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I agree with you, but work rate has been lauded over the years in British football to the detriment of the English NT from a technical ability standpoint, which is a stark contrast to how the Spaniards, Dutch, Brazilians etc have coached their players.
Pogba's work rate should never be in question though, it's the minimum expectation given his physical talents. Games like Newcastle and West Brom, he wasn't physically imposing himself on the game, just jogging around letting others do all the work. We have seen when he uses his physicality along with his technical qualities he is basically unstoppable.

Going forward, I think the largest area of improvement is Pogba's blind spot. The best midfielders in the world are always looking around them and have a very small blind spot meaning they are always anticipating the play. Pogba's is amazing when he has the play in front of him, but he has the habit of losing track of what's happening behind him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He looked like he cared and it showed. Near the end he had a go at others players for not being close enough to the Spurs players. Thought he'd get a goal to be honest.

Jonno

So I wonder if those who criticised Mourinho for not getting the best out of Pogba are going to now log onto the Caf, come to the Pogba performance thread and praise Mourinho for getting the best out of Pogba in recent weeks?

No?

Sterling Archer

Big, tall, strong, supreme technique, incredibly ambidextrous. He's half a mentality away from being the best midfielder in the world.
You can compare side by side todays game with the one against Spurs in the league and see how much that mentality makes a difference. In that loss he was losing easy 50/50s, insipid as a whole. And then today, winning that ball from Dembele epitomises the change in attitudes and it's effect - game changing.

He is on the right track. Some of these big performances come on the heels of media trying to unsettle him with talk of fights w Jose, not to mention being dropped. But he has responded in the right way.

ravi2

He looked like he cared and it showed. Near the end he had a go at others players for not being close enough to the Spurs players. Thought he'd get a goal to be honest.
When Pogba plays like he cares he is usually one of the best players on the pitch.
I hope he stays motivated

roonster09

Scout
This season vs big teams

Vs City - 2 goals
Vs Arsenal - 2 assists
Vs Spurs - 1 assist
Vs Spurs in league - Very poor
Vs Chelsea - Good game

All these from midfield.

Didn't play vs Liverpool home and away and Chelsea away

And somehow he is labelled as flat track bully and apparently he will play only 5 good games.

haram

So I wonder if those who criticised Mourinho for not getting the best out of Pogba are going to now log onto the Caf, come to the Pogba performance thread and praise Mourinho for getting the best out of Pogba in recent weeks?

No?
It’s almost as if Pogba needed a kick up his arse.

roonster09

Scout
Jose fans :lol:

if player plays well - Well done Jose for lighting up fire under player's arse and motivating him
If players under performs - his attitude sucks. He should do lot better.

Win - win for coach, lose - lose for player.

el3mel

Jose fans :lol:

if player plays well - Well done Jose for lighting up fire under player's arse and motivating him
If players under performs - his attitude sucks. He should do lot better.

Win - win for coach, lose - lose for player.
First, this isn't Mourinho thread, this is Pogba's.

Second, this can be exactly applied on the other side of the argument so better to not go this route.

Moonred

Changed the match with the play leading to the first goal. He had plenty of time, but the cross was needed right then for Alexis to guide it home as easily as he did. Our most important player If we are to dominate and win against anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.