Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

^Ok since we're talking about Hart, doesn't it seems like he is just going through the emotions?

It's actually kind of sad. He looks a bit soulless out there :/

DannyDee

I'm not saying Pogba is 100% there yet, but how many central midfielders have been a clear top 5 players in the World at their position before the age of 25 in the last 20 years? It seems to me, most of the big-names we followed over that time frame took awhile to get there. 25/26 seems to be the age where most guys start taking that big step to World Class.

NoLogo

No he doesn't. He had that job against Madrid and was bloody awful. He played box to box against West Ham and was much better. Much as everyone loves this idea of him being a no 10, he's just not good at it.
I really have to agree with this but he seems to always play his better games when he sits a bit deeper. Also I wouldn't really break up that partnership with Matic just yet, they looked really good together as the double pivot in our midfield and I have a feeling they could form a great partnership. Against the big teams we add Herrera into the mix for some added defensive stability and we should have one of the best midfields in the PL this year.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I really have to agree with this but he seems to always play his better games when he sits a bit deeper. Also I wouldn't really break up that partnership with Matic just yet, they looked really good together as the double pivot in our midfield and I have a feeling they could form a great partnership. Against the big teams we add Herrera into the mix for some added defensive stability and we should have one of the best midfields in the PL this year.
I don't really agree with putting Herrera in tbh. Pogba will just end up trying to be the no.10 and failing. For me, we're Man United, put a proper AM in and go for the throat in the big games as well. Can always bring Herrera on to shore things up if it isn't working.

NoLogo

I don't really agree with putting Herrera in tbh. Pogba will just end up trying to be the no.10 and failing. For me, we're Man United, put a proper AM in and go for the throat in the big games as well. Can always bring Herrera on to shore things up if it isn't working.
Unfortunately I don't think we are good enough yet for playing attacking football against everyone.

And let's be realistic, do you really think all out attacking football in big matches is something Mou will ever be comfortable with? I don't.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Unfortunately I don't think we are good enough yet for playing attacking football against everyone.

And let's be realistic, do you really think all out attacking football in big matches is something Mou will ever be comfortable with? I don't.
Is it all out? All out would be playing 442 with attacking wingers. A no.10 should still be contributing defensively. Even if it was Lingard I'd prefer it to playing 3 box to box mids. Just as long as Pogba is clearly not supposed to be the AM.

Vaibhav Raj

Paul Pogba out here showing enough skills in one single match to make a long enough impressive compilation for any other midfielder's full season.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I feel he's got a weight off his shoulders with the Neymar deal now. I think even without that, he would feel the same but that had to help. His first season there were so much expectations without the right team to meet them, but this season, and with less of a lens on him, I feel he's going to have a terrific season. I just want him to show up on the big stage, that's still a criticism of his that he will need to shake off.

ManuMou

If our conversion rate was better and he was able to score instead of hitting the post, all else being equal, his goal/assist stats wasn't very far behind top players in PL like KDB......I believe ??

This game Mata and Rashford could have given him 2 assists......

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Goal and assist in his first two matches, on for a combined 38 goals and assists this season ;)

ManUtd1999

The introduction of Fellaini freed Pogba to focus on attacking. He's flying at the moment.

Minimalist

Certainly in amongst the goals this season already. Excellent finish to boot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A goal and 2 assists, he's really looking sharp this season. wasn't even his best performance today either!

If he can do that when he isn't playing top form then happy days.

Baxter

He was very good today, not too sure what Alan Smith was talking about. Brilliant finish too.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Poor first half and great second half. So a 7 seem fine?
Yeah, this.

And for me this is what I've wanted to see from him for ages - the ability to turn a performance (and a game) around.

Last season, if he started a game badly, it would be very rare for him to turn it around, today he did just that. Matic's calm head and sensible play are to thank for this I feel.

Great 2nd half from Pogba, and a great result for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.