Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Art the artist
We should never take him off unless the fixture has been sealed. He is the creator. Our best player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The first one isn't an assist, he tried to score a goal and fail, not play someone on to score.
It's still registered as an assist if it comes off a post or if a keeper saves it in fantasy terms.

Quizierda

This is what a 'free' Pogba can do!
Love seeing this guy play - and with Matic & Fellaini/Herrera behind him he will have a lot more opportunities to shop his quality offensively.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Beast. Best central midfielder in the league. This will be a phenomenal season from him. :drool:

mu4c_20le

The goals were coming eventually. he looks much more relaxed than last year, where he probably felt every touch was being judged against his price tag.

Was getting frustrated in the first half with 11 men in front of him but as soon as we scored and the game opened up he came into his own.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If you ever want evidence of how Pogba will always be under massive, disproportionate scrutiny, then look at the analysis of his fouls and the questions in his post-match interview in comparison to the treaterment of Leroy Fer, who could have received a straight red for either his tackles.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
90 OVR in Fifa 18 incoming. His football's too easy on the eye, sometimes.

Another sign of maturity, how he kept his cool after yellow.

Inter Yer Nan

For £89m he's got to be scoring that header..

Immense second half. Absolutely world class player and for a midfielder 24 is a baby. The space Matic is creating for him is really helping him run riot. Be interesting seeing his performances in the tighter games where Herrera will be added to offset the inevitable closing down.

el3mel

Great start of the season. This is his season to shine and he's proving that quickly.

SATA

Ours :drool:

I just wish Jose takes him off for a breather or two when we have sealed the game in the near future. We can't afford to not have him on the pitch

Jib

He's always better in the second half when he plays higher on the pitch.

My MOTM.

Goalfather

There is a tendency to almost micro-analyse Pogba's play.

Pogba had a wonderful game today, he used the ball really well, created chances, scored a goal and tackled well.

Yet people focus on the occasional misplaced pass or failed dribble.

kiristao

Was stuck out on the left too often in the first half. Much more impressive when he was playing further up once Fellani came on

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
For £89m he's got to be scoring that header..
Not sure if this is a serious comment but that header was an absolute bullet. The keeper got a solid hand to it and still couldn't stop it going past him, it was a great header.

Reminded me a bit of Ronaldo headers actually.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There is a tendency to almost micro-analyse Pogba's play.

Pogba had a wonderful game today, he used the ball really well, created chances, scored a goal and tackled well.

Yet people focus on the occasional misplaced pass or failed dribble.
Agree with this, I thought he was good.

And that finish :drool:

AP88

Supports
Man City
He's always better in the second half when he plays higher on the pitch.

My MOTM.
Mancini used to do the same with Yaya Toure.

Don't think he was great, but he was good again.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Brilliant player and a steal at the price we paid. Still not a patch on Hendo la but he is slowly getting there.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good game! I was delighted he got his goal to shut them up.

Mr Smith

We should never take him off unless the fixture has been sealed. He is the creator. Our best player.
Agree with this. Doesn't matter if he's on a yellow, just means he won't track back as much. Still our most creative player, and even before he scored he had a good game. In fact, probably deserved man of the match instead of Mkhi.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If you ever want evidence of how Pogba will always be under massive, disproportionate scrutiny, then look at the analysis of his fouls and the questions in his post-match interview in comparison to the treaterment of Leroy Fer, who could have received a straight red for either his tackles.
Leroy Fer is a rubbish, thuggish player. Obviously there is never going to be the same level of expectations. It is a bit unfair but it's how it is.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
fecking Sky interviewer going on again about "could Pogba have been sent off", that second incident wasn't even a bloody foul never mind a yellow.

Fracture90

Our boy is growing and maturing! Love the composure after he got that harsh yellow, instead of being a fool and getting sent off he opted to relax and let his skills talk.

Great finishing, goal and assist, taste of what to come in abundance hopefully.

MOTM material alongside Bailly.

Silas

Someone in the matchday thread wanted him subbed for Fellaini. :lol:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Good performance today and he certainly improved in 2nd half. Seems as though Matic will really help him. Glad he scored today too as it will hopefully inspire him to 15 goals this season.

No complaints today, but the game was won because of Matic, Rashford and Lukaku so I dont think its as amaizng as you are suggesting Lets see how the season develops against tougher opposition and bigger games.
What about now?

Surely you can see that the breadth of qualities he offers is something you very rarely see? Last week we had the "unbelievably weighted pass" and the effortless finish from range. Today we had the bullet header for the first, the clever interception and delicate chip for the 3rd, the acceleration and composure in the 4th...and it's not like he was coasting by like a luxury player the rest of the team. He was right there in the thick of things on and off the ball.

To me it's difficult to understand how anyone can see his full array of talents on display and fail to acknowledge the fact he's a genuinely special player.

Irrational.

He was at sixes and sevens in the first half and possibly lucky not to be sent off, but luckily for us he got his shit together in the second.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not his best performance, and I'm surprised he's leading the man of the match vote, but ultimately he will be judged on his numbers, and like last week, he bagged himself an assist and a goal, which he took superbly.

He has the ability to bag at least 10 league goals this season.

Devil may care

I was a bit worried he was going get sent off, he looked frustrated in the first half even though he threaded through some nice passes, his discipline in the second half was great and he's killer on the counter, lovely composure on his finish.

3KDré

The numbers will never reflect his performances for us I feel. He will get a few goals and assists but that doesn't show how every important play we have runs through him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What about now?

Surely you can see that the breadth of qualities he offers is something you very rarely see? Last week we had the "unbelievably weighted pass" and the effortless finish from range. Today we had the bullet header for the first, the clever interception and delicate chip for the 3rd, the acceleration, and composure in the 4th...and it's not like he was coasting by like a luxury player the rest of the team. He was right there in the thick of things on and off the ball.

To me, it's difficult to understand how anyone can see his full array of talents on display and fail to acknowledge the fact he's a genuinely special player.

After a clumsy 30 minutes, he was very good, growing into the game with a more mature approach to tackling and some very clinical attacking play. He is clearly benefitting from Matic as an anchor and Lukaku stretching opposition defenses creating him space to do his magic. Very good he is also scoring which contributes to his confidence.

I enjoyed his performance, but again let's wait til mid-November (after we've played other top 6 sides + CL games) to see if he has made the next step up from last season into becoming genuinely and consistently world class game changer. Fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.