Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GM K

Paul Pogba is the most complete midfielder in world football today.

His passing, positioning, shooting, dribbling, ball control, and overall influence in dictating a game are world class. Now he's beginning to add goalscoring to his attributes.

Scary.

Litch

His passing, positioning, shooting, dribbling, ball control, and overall influence in dictating a game are world class. Now he's beginning to add goalscoring to his attributes.

Scary.
Agree. Next is now against the so called big teams.....

Bwuk

Scary.
Not a chance. Watch how Madrid schooled our midfield in the super cup.

Modric is the best followed very closely by Kroos.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He started the game poorly, really needed some time to wake up. Once he was up for it, he was good

Quizierda

Was great once again!
Was the heart of everything in the first half and was a bit unlucky two times. Also think it was good from him to take the shooting opportunities as this caused a threat for Leicester and their parking the bus tactic. In the second half he was a bit weaker but still made a lot of runs forward and tried to create something.

My MOTM!

meamth

Real Madrid has the strongest midfield units, the trio that won back to back CL, also it was in pre season. Maybe late in the season when our midfield is gelled and on peak form could give them a good fight? We are not too far from them.

Bwuk

Real Madrid has the strongest midfield units, the trio that won back to back CL, also it was in pre season. Maybe late in the season when our midfield is gelled and on peak form could give them a good fight? We are not too far from them.
We are miles behind Madrid. We don't have a single player bar De Gea that would get into their team.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We are miles behind Madrid. We don't have a single player bar De Gea that would get into their team.
On a good day and a strong team performance, we could beat them. But yeah, they're still far away from us but we're catching up :)

Mickfoley

It's just my personal opinion but whenever Pogba has an excellent game which is very often by the way people bring up Madrid midfield against our midfield and say that Kroos and Modric are best, it boils my blood. Can we please talk about our midfield without a Madrid reference.
The argument that I don't buy is argument that Nemanja Matic cannot get into the Real Madrid midfield or Pogba cannot get into the Real Madrid midfield. I think both can, Pogba in games when teams are parking the bus and Matic against a team that press ,my personal opinion.
Also, I think Pogba gets undeserved criticism as I believe all the skillful players are erratic at times and they can be good but they can be really inconsistent and pogba is erratic sometimes but he's consistently brilliant.
I'd have Pogba ahead of any midfielder in the world, yes, ahead of Modric and Kroos.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It's just my personal opinion but whenever Pogba has an excellent game which is very often by the way people bring up Madrid midfield against our midfield and say that Kroos and Modric are best, it boils my blood. Can we please talk about our midfield without a Madrid reference.
The argument that I don't buy is argument that Nemanja Matic cannot get into the Real Madrid midfield or Pogba cannot get into the Real Madrid midfield. I think both can, Pogba in games when teams are parking the bus and Matic against a team that press ,my personal opinion.
Also, I think Pogba gets undeserved criticism as I believe all the skillful players are erratic at times and they can be good but they can be really inconsistent and pogba is erratic sometimes but he's consistently brilliant.
I'd have Pogba ahead of any midfielder in the world, yes, ahead of Modric and Kroos.
Well no wonder it boils your blood. You are overrating Pogba if you think he is better than Modric.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Well no wonder it boils your blood. You are overrating Pogba if you think he is better than Modric.
He's a totally different player to Modric though. I'd take him over Modric too, more capable of doing something absolutely magical to win a game. This is coming from someone who loves Modric, he's my second favourite midfield player after Pogba.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He's a totally different player to Modric though. I'd take him over Modric too, more capable of doing something absolutely magical to win a game. This is coming from someone who loves Modric, he's my second favourite midfield player after Pogba.
Totally different or not Modric is too good. I am willing to bet if Jose had the option to he would take Modric over Pogba. I love Pogba. Midfielders with the flair he has is very rare but he ain't not Modric (yet)

meamth

Totally different or not Modric is too good. I am willing to bet if Jose had the option to he would take Modric over Pogba. I love Pogba. Midfielders with the flair he has is very rare but he ain't not Modric (yet)
It depends on the midfield combination you prefer.
I'd take a flair midfielder because it's very rare to have one, partner it with an agile neat midfielder like Modric, and an all action dm like casemiro or matic. Pair those 3, they can beat any team. There are not many players as good as Modric we can buy right now, but hey we have Pogba, build the team around him. Not constantly comparing him to Modric all the time, wishing he will be another Modric. Nope, let's enjoy Pogba for years to come.

Jib

Not true. Pogba was is #1 target even when he was at Chelsea.

For 120m €, Real sells Modric but nodoby wants to put this money for him and for any midfielder except Pogba.

Canagel

Pogba is the best midfielder in the world and he's only going to get better. There's no one out there that I would rather have in my team.

el3mel

Modric is better than Pogba currently but due to the fact Modric is at his 30s and a complete material while Pogba is at 24 and still developing, his current performance isn't even his peak yet and that's the amazing thing about him. Modric aging and approaching the end of his career. When he retires, Pogba, Verratti and Kroos will have a debate about who is the best midfielder in the world among them.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd take Pogba over Modric aswell. Pretty straight forward decision for me that.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's the midfielder we've been missing from Scholes.

Someone in a double pivot who has the ability to link midfield with attack - the glue, if you like. Constantly pieces things together.

Only criticism is that he needs to learn to try and dominate from start to finish, as oppose to just doing it for one half, but with experience, he will learn that.

At the moment; however, he is a joy to watch. Has everything needed to become the best midfielder in the world. If he continues scoring goals too, then he'll be unstoppable.

Moonred

Modric is better than Pogba currently but due to the fact Modric is at his 30s and a complete material while Pogba is at 24 and still developing, his current performance isn't even his peak yet and that's the amazing thing about him. Modric aging and approaching the end of his career. When he retires, Pogba, Ferrari and Kroos will have a debate about who is the best midfielder in the world among them.
Marco Ferrari?

GM K

I said 'the most complete midfielder' not 'the best'.

meamth

Gerrard was a liability defensively. As long he is a talismanic figure for the club. I'm happy

FromTheBench

Still needs to prove himself in the big games for me where under a good press or congested midfield he has had more absolute horrendous games than not.

Don't think he is the most complete or the best midfielder at all yet.

Stacks

So what are we supposed to do when we have only played 'these' games? Keep reminding everyone?
No, praise the heavens of course. I just dont want the hyperbole that he is the best in the world in his position, world class, this and that. Kante looks world class in the EPL and I think he is overrated too!

Moonred

No, praise the heavens of course. I just dont want the hyperbole that he is the best in the world in his position, world class, this and that. Kante looks world class in the EPL and I think he is overrated too!
That's fair. But I think he gets criticism and praise in equal measure. He definitely doesn't get a leeway with our fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.