Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

unitedforeveral

Rashford ? Martial has a better potential.
Martial is not a winger, i don't think he's a Jose kind striker. He would've flourished with Sir Alex but he will never survive as a striker for Jose and if he cannot develop his winger skills, he will not play more than Rashford. I don't think dribbling against the wing backs and cutting the line will do it for long. Many good wing backs in Europe can read that move and are fast. Rashford can play on both wings, behind the striker and can also play in the striker role but i also think he cannot be Jose's striker although he will play in other positions more often.

jungledrums

Martial is not a winger, i don't think he's a Jose kind striker. He would've flourished with Sir Alex but he will never survive as a striker for Jose and if he cannot develop his winger skills, he will not play more than Rashford. I don't think dribbling against the wing backs and cutting the line will do it for long. Many good wing backs in Europe can read that move and are fast. Rashford can play on both wings, behind the striker and can also play in the striker role but i also think he cannot be Jose's striker although he will play in other positions more often.
Martial skins his man all the time going outside them; he can cut inside or go on the outside. He's a fecking menace, and he's on a different level to Rashford on the left. I prefer Rashford centrally, for what it's worth, and believe he's also a huge talent.

Anyway on topic, Pogba is fecking incredible. A real shot at player of the year I reckon.

unitedforeveral

Martial skins his man all the time going outside them; he can cut inside or go on the outside. He's a fecking menace, and he's on a different level to Rashford on the left. I prefer Rashford centrally, for what it's worth, and believe he's also a huge talent.

Anyway on topic, Pogba is fecking incredible. A real shot at player of the year I reckon.
Absolutely, i think Pogba will be incredible this season. Can't wait for CL to start :D

klayton88

MOTM how? Missing the whole second half (as most were) but Jones was my MOTM easily.

Last edited:

el3mel

I can't say he was bad at all, but he was too selfish in many balls in the first half.

Walters_19_MuFc

I agree. Played well, but never should have got MOTM, in my opinion. I felt the same way last week.

That said, he was still very good today, especially in the first half. Controlled the game. Was hoping one of those long range shots went in.

MOTM how? Missing the whole second hald (as most were) but Jones was my MOTM easily.
Seems to have been a common theme with him so far this season. Has an excellent first half, goes a bit quiet after half time but then finishes the game strongly. Perhaps he's trying to digest the managers' fresh instructions or the break disrupts his rhythm a little bit. One thing to note is how often referees won't give clear fouls on him yet he'll be blown up simply for putting a hand on an opponents shoulder, they must have the impression that he's too strong to go down unwillingly but it's clearly frustrating him and it's disconcerting to watch. The Okazaki foul on him in the first half could easily have given him a dead leg.

Art

Art the artist
Honestly I can't even get mad at him if he gets dis possessed a few times every game. The number of good things he does far outweighs the bad. I don't expect perfection but knowing that he's out there playing for us just instills confidence that we will win.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He was good, especially after the first ten minutes of the first half. He should continue to take these shooting opportunities when teams drop as deep as Leicester do. It's only a matter of time until they start ending up in the back of the net. In the second half he didn't manage to influence the game to the same extent, but was still solid.

Ridiculous player, though. Has it all.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was good again as far as I'm concerned. His shooting with either foot is gonna be such a weapon for us. Love watching him play.

Brightonian

No creative player looks as good trying to pick open a packed sitting defence as they do in a more open game, but he stuck at it today and kept us firmly in control throughout. Wasn't wrong to try the long shots either - even if they don't go in, it forces defenders to think about closing him down, which opens gaps for our forwards.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Voted PL MOTM and rightly so, creative machine.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I have seen the Light, the best footballing model for Pogba should be Ruud Gullit. Alas.

Ace of Spades

A good game again, but I do hope he cuts out the careless way he loses possession at times when our players are in an attacking phase.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's such a complete midfielder, passing, shooting, creativity, pace, technical ability and he has improved defensively.

Zoo

Set the tempo for us which enabled is to pin back Leicester for most of the game. Waiting for him to score a screamer from distance in front of the Stretford End.

stepic

Completely bossed it, particularly first half. Those saying he had a poor game, what?!

ti vu

Completely bossed it, particularly first half. Those saying he had a poor game, what?!
Player is only good when they assist and score goal. Flop...

(Look at the other Pogba thread)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No creative player looks as good trying to pick open a packed sitting defence as they do in a more open game, but he stuck at it today and kept us firmly in control throughout. Wasn't wrong to try the long shots either - even if they don't go in, it forces defenders to think about closing him down, which opens gaps for our forwards.
Great analysis as ever

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Found some great pockets of space today. Had numerous shots, where an inch or two the other way would be settling in the back of the net. Seems to be getting forward a lot more and relishing it. Surely more goals and assists on the horizon.

OldTrevil

He totally controlled it in the first half, a bit less so in the second but defensively was good throughout. I have no problem with the long shots either, in fact he should keep taking them. He's getting close and it's just a matter of time until they start falling.

ChaddyP

Honestly thought he was the MOTM by some distance. Was basically the reason the opposition had to retreat into a defensive shell . Unplayable at times especially in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.