Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah Souness and that ginger twat whose name I forgot talk a lot of shit. Souness is criticising him for staying out wide completely not taking into account that the whole formation has moved, Young was further up the pitch, Mata and Miki both stayed centrally. Pogba's stretching the play making place for Mata and Miki to exploit, it's been done plenty of times yesterday when even Lukaku drifted to the right and those two attacked the space, which resulted in that Mata's cross and Miki's shit header. At times the #6 next to Matić acts like a second #10, occupying nearly the same areas as Miki when we're overloading the midfield, Fellaini does the same thing but he gets straight into the box most of the time whereas Pogba is still involved in playmaking.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Its a shame that Perriera just went on loan a week ago. Perfect timing for him to slot in.
Indeed,

I just don't understand the people that found it a good idea for him to go out on loan. We always get injuries and we need as much quality depth as we can get.

Pavl3n

Sourness, what a bitter fool.
They are being so unreasonably harsh on Pogba based on 18 minutes of play and his audacity for going wide a couple of times. These guys are hypocrites. No way would they criticise certain other players of other clubs like this.
I kind of agreed with him, Pogba needs to be a touch more influential. Cut out the flashy stuff and concentrate on efficiency.

Fridge chutney

I kind of agreed with him, Pogba needs to be a touch more influential. Cut out the flashy stuff and concentrate on efficiency.
I find that criticism was more valid in the early part of last year. I think he is our most influential midfielder most of the time. Going out wide occasionally is a gross misrepresentation of his contribution to our play.

Terminator

Pogba is a lot more efficient now and less flashy. Very easy to notice but some pundits are just blind to notice change.

Devil may care

It's noticeable that it's bitter old British "Men were men in my day" cnuts that are always on Pogba's back due to his flashy personality that they bogusly try to convert into critcism of him as a player, feck them.

djdhrubs

Damn. Won't see him against Palace. Hopefully will play a part against Liverpool.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
As always we are hindered by injury...getting a bit of a joke now. Year after year we can't keep an XI going.

AR87

I'm skeptical he'll be out for up to 6 weeks. Strikes me as a worst case scenario and he strikes me as a player who will get back sooner than that.

Also Souness is a moron. Pogba's efficiency hasn't been a problem this year at all.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Fck. I hope it's a conservative estimation.

Thats:

Everton
Burton
Southampton
Moscow
Palace
---------------- 4 weeks
Liverpool
Benfica
Huddersfield
---------------- 6 Weeks
Spurs
It's a lot of games where we need our best players. This will cost us. Once again injuries hindering our progress...

We have decent cover but it pisses me off. When are we ever going to go injury free?

izec

Thats:

Everton
Burton
Southampton
Moscow
Palace
---------------- 4 weeks
Liverpool
Benfica
Huddersfield
---------------- 6 Weeks
Spurs
He will definitely miss the 4 weeks, i hope he will be back for the Liverpool game

el3mel

Thats:

Everton
Burton
Southampton
Moscow
Palace
---------------- 4 weeks
Liverpool
Benfica
Huddersfield
---------------- 6 Weeks
Spurs
It's definite according to BBC that he'll miss all the games before the break, getting fit for Liverpool can be doubt also, but no one's saying he can miss anything beyond that.

He'll also miss France games in the break of course.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Thats:

Everton
Burton
Southampton
Moscow
Palace
---------------- 4 weeks
Liverpool
Benfica
Huddersfield
---------------- 6 Weeks
Spurs
The sqaud should be able to handle 4 weeks as the opposition teams are relatively weaker teams. it also provides valuble minutes and rotation opportunities for the likes of Herrera and Carrick.

But I'd want him back for Liverpool and Benfica, as after that we have several very big games vs top teams.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Indeed,

I just don't understand the people that found it a good idea for him to go out on loan. We always get injuries and we need as much quality depth as we can get.
I cannot understand this. In what world is Perreira going to step in here ahead of Hererra or Fellaini?

NinjaFletch

I cannot understand this. In what world is Perreira going to step in here ahead of Hererra or Fellaini?
He won't, but we've played 3 in midfield a few times this season and our options for that are now Fellaini-Herrera-Matic-Carrick. Hardly implausible that he'd start picking up minutes if he stayed.

3KDré

It's a lot of games where we need our best players. This will cost us. Once again injuries hindering our progress...

We have decent cover but it pisses me off. When are we ever going to go injury free?
It's quite rare to go injury free. Even Real don't. In Chelsea's title winning season under Mourinho they had Costa out for months IIRC. We've got depth in midfield so it should be fine, but we can't replace Pogba's performances just like Real Madrid are probably not as good without say Modric/Marcelo/Kroos etc. IMO this would have been the perfect time to replace Pereira because out of Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini we have no one to replicate Pogba's passing.

el3mel

I don't think Periera knew that Pogba will get injured later on. This is pointless argument imo, and anyway, Herrera and Fellaini are still ahead of him in the b2b role in 4-2-3-1 even if he stays. Pogba's injury would have only guaranteed him a spot on the bench.

Herrera and Fellaini can do fine in b2b role and Matic has some good passes in him. We'll miss Pogba's creativity in passes and counters heavily, though.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Thats:

Everton
Burton
Southampton
Moscow
Palace
---------------- 4 weeks
Liverpool
Benfica
Huddersfield
---------------- 6 Weeks
Spurs
It could be much worse. I suspect he'll be back for Liverpool. That game is 5 weeks away from the time of injury.

He wouldn't have played against Burton. So he'll miss Everton (h), Southampton (a), Palace (h) in the league, and CSKA (a) in the CL.

FFS if we can't get results in those games without Pogba, than we have serious problems. No one else is as good as Pogba, but Herrera and Fellaini are very able deputies.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Fffffuuuuuuuuu

But not planning for injuries to important players is stupid.

Obiorahking_

Man of the Match for me. Offered himself up for Fellaini to come on and score and assist. That's true leadership right there. There is no I in team.

prtk0811

6 weeks will be too much. Puts massive pressure on matic now. But we will cope without him very well. Not a one man team.

Even Lindelof can be slotted into midfeild.

prtk0811

But i dont think he deserve to be captain of the team. We should give it to matic or even de gea to lead.

OneUnited24

6 weeks will be too much. Puts massive pressure on matic now. But we will cope without him very well. Not a one man team.

Even Lindelof can be slotted into midfeild.
Problem is Pogba is our most creative CMF. Matic has impressed me with his range but Pogbas ability to get past players and play in very tight spaces is what allows the team to push up the pitch. Fellaini is the only player we have that i think that link DMF to our attack, Herrera is good but i dont think he does that role well.

On a side note I saw the Daily express is reporting The Times claim that he'll be out for 12 weeks... Clickbate media is getting out of hand

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We need to keep getting results until this man is back. Without him, we don't have much of a midfield apart from Matic.

el3mel

We need to keep getting results until this man is back. Without him, we don't have much of a midfield apart from Matic.
We miss him. He's our only player that can keep possession of the ball and consistently create chances from the midfield. Without him we look somewhat devoid of the ideas in the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.