Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Missed the game.
Saw Fellaini scored in the first half.
My first thought was someone got injured.

Sylar

Hes made a good start to the season. Such a shame to happen. Hope hes back sooner rather than later as our midfield is a total different beast with him in. We dont have any other players who can offer what he does.
We will change it around of course and hopefully cope, but also hope when he returns were still in a strong position.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don't think so. He was the one who asked to be subbed. He tried to move on his leg some seconds then immediately called to be treated and subbed.
He walked off the field without much trouble though. Anyone with a serious hamstring injury isn't going to do so. He's got a pull, no doubt, but it doesn't look that bad to me. The key now in the next 24 hours is to get any swelling down, and get a scan done. First 24 hrs, immobilization is probably precautionary. Seen players leave in a protective boot when they really have a minor knock. So I wouldn't be all doom and gloom yet. Of course with a hamstring, minimum is usually about 3 weeks. Which takes us to the international break. But they can easily be 6-12 weeks depending on severity. For what it's worth, I had a 3 month lay off from a hamstring tear, with very dedicated rehab, and I could barely walk after the initial injury. Pogba didn't look anywhere near that bad.

el3mel

He walked off the field without much trouble though. Anyone with a serious hamstring injury isn't going to do so. He's got a pull, no doubt, but it doesn't look that bad to me. The key now in the next 24 hours is to get any swelling down, and get a scan done. First 24 hrs, immobilization is probably precautionary. Seen players leave in a protective boot when they really have a minor knock. So I wouldn't be all doom and gloom yet. Of course with a hamstring, minimum is usually about 3 weeks. Which takes us to the international break. But they can easily be 6-12 weeks depending on severity. For what it's worth, I had a 3 month lay off from a hamstring tear, with very dedicated rehab, and I could barely walk after the initial injury. Pogba didn't look anywhere near that bad.
I didn't think it's a tear also, probably just a muscle strain. Think he'll be about for a 2 weeks at maximum.

el3mel

I'm not sure how it makes it unlikely to be precautionary.
How is it precautionary, though ? If he had no problems moving there's no need for the crutches. It doesn't mean the injury is serious, agree, but at the same the injury is present.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone else notice that he wasn't exactly moving freely from kick-off?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'm recovery from a hamstring injury myself right now - I feel his pain :( :D

I hope he came off before the damage got too severe; we can probably cope without him for a short while but longer-term would be a great shame given the quality start he's had this season.

markorm

He walked off OK, with a bit of a limp, but he was mobile and looked more pissed off than in pain, so hopefully, it's just a grade 1.

Mild hamstring strains (grade 1) will usually cause sudden pain and tenderness the back of your thigh. It may be painful to move your leg, but the strength of the muscle shouldn't be affected.

Partial hamstring tears (grade 2) are usually more painful and tender. There may also be some swelling and bruising at the back of your thigh and you may have lost some strength in your leg.

Severe hamstring tears (grade 3) will usually be very painful, tender, swollen and bruised. There may have been a "popping" sensation at the time of the injury and you'll be unable to use the affected leg.

A minor muscle pull or strain (grade 1) may take a few days to heal, whereas it could take weeks or months to recover from a muscle tear (grade 2 or 3).

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Would be nice to having back, after the international break, for two of the toughest away games, Liverpool and Benfica, October 14th and 18th.

RedCurry

He's had hamstring issues before. He was playing with athletic tape for France so obviously he was feeling his hamstring again.

Football managers are crazy risking their players.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
He walked off OK, with a bit of a limp, but he was mobile and looked more pissed off than in pain, so hopefully, it's just a grade 1.
Seemed OK, though I never forget when Aguero walked off fine a few years back and ended up being out for 3 months with his. He's a bit more injury prone though.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Shame Pereira is gone. Might miss him, we might not, one thing is for certain, we do have more possibilities to replace him now with Matic as a solid base. Matic-Herrera or Matic-Herrera-Fellaini should be able to do the trick against the upcoming opposition.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He did make a weirdly pointless run from midfield to the right side a few minutes before getting injured, I was like "please you're gonna get injured, stop this" and it happened moments later. Just to be clear, not saying these 2 situations are linked as I'd have feck all to base that opinion on. I just wish he's stop thinking he's an attacker when playing as a CM.

BigBebe

He'll be back for Liverpool.
Our next 5 games are Everton, Burton and Crystal Palace at home and Southhampton and CSKA away. I would rather the club didn't take any chances with Pogba in those games as we have all of our harder games still to come. If we can keep him out of the International break, all the better, then he gets four and a half weeks to be sure he is niggle free and ready for Liverpool.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Huge loss. Will miss his passes from deep.
He plays too much football.
Always 90 minutes and is never rested for both club and country.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
How is it precautionary, though ? If he had no problems moving there's no need for the crutches. It doesn't mean the injury is serious, agree, but at the same the injury is present.
Do you know what precautionary is ? The entire point is to take action before shit hits the fan. If they could wrap him in plastic before scans to make sure that nothing he does can make anyting worse, they would.

Trizy

What games do we have before the next break?
17/09 - Everton - PL/Home
20/09 - Burton Albion - LC/Home
23/09 - Southampton - PL/Away
27/09 - CSKA Moscow - CL/Away
30/09 - Crystal Palace - PL/Home

All winnable games but very, very congested. Our players will be wrecked and most of them are internationals too.

GrandJury

All winnable games but very, very congested. Our players will be wrecked and most of them are internationals too.
We have the squad to play two different teams in those fixtures. Not worried.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Thanks. Will be middle of october before Liverpool then.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

At least most of them will get a week between Everton and Southampton with a much changed squad for Burton.

Expect whichever of Martial or Rashford don't start at weekend to play up top against Burton etc.

It's the Southampton, Moscow and Palace run that will test our squad the most there.

Pavl3n

I know he only played 18 min, but here are some nice thoughts on his overall display.

Fridge chutney

I know he only played 18 min, but here are some nice thoughts on his overall display.

They are being so unreasonably harsh on Pogba based on 18 minutes of play and his audacity for going wide a couple of times. These guys are hypocrites. No way would they criticise certain other players of other clubs like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.