g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
Yup. And when our side (if I can call it that) argues that our performances had gone down hill because we're missing our best player, we get responses such as "its indicative of how poor we are that we rely on one player to construct our attacks" and other silly responses. However, when we beat Tottenham, their (dark) side argues that we only beat them because Kane wasn't there - how bad are Tottenham that they rely on Kane?

If you ask me, it's a silly time to be alive. Personally, I've learnt to be a little more patient after the last few years but some parts of this forum seem to lack that ability. Sounds harsh but, imo, seems true.

We were nothing without Rooney in 09/10 and would have been equally bad without RvP in 12/13. It's no surprise that we're poor without our best player in 17/18.
Good post. Imagine how shite Barca would be without Messi, City wouldn't look nearly as dominant without KDB imo, same as Bayern who have severely struggled in the past without Lewandowski. Let's not forget how toothless Juve would look without Dybala. List goes on and on.

But since it's us, it gives people a reason to moan. I've just learnt to ignore it, people complaining about the quality of football, completely ignoring the fact that we are still a work in progress, have been shit for over half a decade now (we were quite shit in SAF's last season too, if it wasn't for RVP we woulda achieved feck all) and that we have a very imbalanced squad with no proper direction from the board.

Good football will come when we become a team of winners again. The board didn't hire Jose to get us playing good football, he hired him to get us winning and to stabilise the boat - given time he will achieve that. Once that happens, he will leave for a manager who (hopefully) the club has planned for, getting us out of this short-sighted rut that we've been in.

This nonsense that Jose doesn't know how to win titles is laughable to say the least. He walked the league only 2 or so years ago, the game didn't change that much in that time. A manager who has been as good as he has, the most succesfull of the remaining generation didn't achieve all he has whilst having an inability to adapt.

Change managers and players all you want, until you have a plan going forward, you're always going to be nearly there. City did it, they planned for Pep years before and basically changed their whole plan going forward and it's working wonders. It's why the other top teams can seamlessly go from manager to manager, because they have an identity and have provided managers and players a platform to thrive.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go from Jose to a completely attacking manager next, with no proper planning, only for us to delay the rut by a few more years yet.

TLDR: people don't like Jose, they also are sick of us being shit so need things to moan about.

Paul_Scholes18

We parked e bus against Chelsea? Seemed quite open to me...
Nope, but it clearly didn't work. Kante was massive for them and we struggled in midfield even if it was a good battle. First half it was not much either way even if it was fairly open. They stepped up second half though kind of like we did against Spurs. Two very similar games I think.

Inter Yer Nan

Yup. And when our side (if I can call it that) argues that our performances had gone down hill because we're missing our best player, we get responses such as "its indicative of how poor we are that we rely on one player to construct our attacks" and other silly responses. However, when we beat Tottenham, their (dark) side argues that we only beat them because Kane wasn't there - how bad are Tottenham that they rely on Kane?

If you ask me, it's a silly time to be alive. Personally, I've learnt to be a little more patient after the last few years but some parts of this forum seem to lack that ability. Sounds harsh but, imo, seems true.

We were nothing without Rooney in 09/10 and would have been equally bad without RvP in 12/13. It's no surprise that we're poor without our best player in 17/18.
I agree. I was talking to some non-United mates the other day saying United's 2nd place is a false position due to a weak fixture list. I was like, eh? We've played 3 of the top 6 and then it was but who have you beat? I said Spurs and then that was shot down with 'no Kane doesn't count' to which I countered well Pogba, who's our best player was also unavailable for ALL THREE of those games to which you then get the "doesn't matter you've got to deal with injuries'. I get the impression if we won the league it will have been due to the fixture list and not playing anyone and other teams injuries.

Losing your best player no matter who you are hurts especially if it's for 6-7 games on the bounce. We'd have probably won the league in 95 with Cantona playing the whole season, same with Keano in 98.

Mike09

So that wasn't away, then? Why is away in quotation marks?
Because I was trying to make it clear for you. I said Mourinho doesn't park the bus at home which is why he doesn't park the bus against Spurs at Old Trafford and the Chelsea game is an away game.

markorm

Dunno about you lot, but I'm fecking buzzin!

Rojo, Ibra and Pogba back in the squad with Markus, Martial and Romu!

Let the season begin!!

Morpheus 7

Let the season begin!!
That is a reason to be optimistic, becareful in here though. They don't like that, I'm sure someone is countering your post with a negative thread as we speak.

RedChip

Because I was trying to make it clear for you. I said Mourinho doesn't park the bus at home which is why he doesn't park the bus against Spurs at Old Trafford and the Chelsea game is an away game.
Did he park the bus at Chelsea?

Ah never mind. Wrong thread.

King.of.Red

Let the season begin!!
hopefully with those three back in the squad, especially Pogba, Jose and his players can show their early season performances and win at least 4 goals again. :devil:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Guy has more natural talent than Zidane. Not the same autistic approach to football though. Which is the difference between looking like a great player and being a great player.

Z_Wolf

I hope he'll be available for selection vs Newcastle. It's obvious that we struggle to create chances without him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Pogba's mental database of handshakes is enormous. He's got a different routine with every player there. Then all the different ones he does with the United boys. He's got at least 10 he does with Lingard alone. Impressive.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Guy has more natural talent than Zidane. Not the same autistic approach to football though. Which is the difference between looking like a great player and being a great player.
The same what? Do you mean Artistic? :lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Pogba has that sort of Ronaldinho effect where you can't help but love the guy. Not the same sorts of talent, but personality-wise they are both magnets. I got to meet him once in Miami, when he came to play at our indoor, he was playing with the owner's 5 year old son, talking with everybody, he's just a really good guy. His presence alone is great for team chemistry, never mind everything else he brings on the actual field.

I think there's now an added pressure on him to be the answer to United's struggle, which I don't think is really fair but I definitely am looking forward to some more positive offense once he laces them up.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Always forget how enormous he is. Towers above every single one of the French squad. Makes Lacazette look like a midget!

Status
Not open for further replies.