Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treble

He wasn't good in most big games last season. And the reason was probably psychological. The expectations were big and he felt the pressure to do special things because of being such an expensive signing. He hasn't played in a big game this season (Real aside). Hopefully he will overcome the problems from last season and will show his class in the big games as well.

chb23

This is why you can't just keep buying average to good players. Sometimes you just have to pay up and buy the best of the best

GM K

If there is one midfield player as good as Kevin De Bruyne in the Premier League right now, it's Paul Pogba. And Kevin is undoubtedly one of the top 5 midfielders in the world today.

Man Utd 1:0 Brighton

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's normal after the injury to expect this, but even without the injuries he has these games that makes you wonder what exactly he did for the entire game?

In before people say he ran a lot.

Pogbasky

It's normal after the injury to expect this, but even without the injuries he has these games that makes you wonder what exactly he did for the entire game?

In before people say he ran a lot.
Are you joking or what? He was the only player driving the team forward.

ash_86

Not at his best today, but he is our most important player. Could see him getting tired after 70min , which is understandable.

el3mel

Some moments of brilliance here and there but overall it's not his best game. Glad to see him playing for 90 minutes though.

automaticflare

Boy, we were really driven forward today.
Imagine without him man.
He was bolloxed after 70 minutes also which didn't help.
We need to release him just play a flat 433 he is still doing too much work deep for a player with his ability his energy is being wasted doing a lot of that work

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Imagine without him man.
He was bolloxed after 70 minutes also which didn't help.
We need to release him just play a flat 433 he is still doing too much work deep for a player with his ability his energy is being wasted doing a lot of that work
We were probably worse with him today than we were without him before his comeback. He pretty much did nothing today.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
We definitely need a third midfielder while he gets back to his pre-injury form.

Minimalist

Quiet game I thought. Tried his best though and had some lovely attempted through balls.

automaticflare

:rolleyes:
We were probably worse with him today than we were without him before his comeback. He pretty much did nothing today.
Rediculous comment did you watch or games without him? We were devoid of anything.
We dominated game today against a well drilled defensive side.
The thought that we should be just smashing every team at home 4-0 is rediculous
It never happened ever we always had and have games like this where people/ teams are not at their best the important thing is the result
If you can't see the difference with/without pogba i seriously question if you understand the game or if you think we would ever be better off in any game without him :rolleyes:

Treble

That was our worst game at home this season but I wouldn't blame Pogba. When the whole team is so static one player cannot do much. Little movement and virtually no chemistry. Strange.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He was doing fine up until about the 60 minute mark, but he was basically invisible after that because he could barely run.

Clas Sified

You can clearly tell he's still working towards full fitness. He looked gassed after 70-odd minutes out there, and wasn't helped by Brighton pummelling him every chance they got.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wasn't great today, and I felt that reflected on our performance, which is what worries me. When Pogba doesn't turn up, the team doesn't.

We need someone to chip in with creativity. No good having Mata as a 10 if he's playing 5 yard passes all the time. We need someone who will open teams up.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wasn't his greatest game but he is such a talent. We could do with a third midfielder to compliment him though (Ozil would do well).

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
:rolleyes:

Rediculous comment did you watch or games without him? We were devoid of anything.
We dominated game today against a well drilled defensive side.
The thought that we should be just smashing every team at home 4-0 is rediculous
It never happened ever we always had and have games like this where people/ teams are not at their best the important thing is the result
If you can't see the difference with/without pogba i seriously question if you understand the game or if you think we would ever be better off in any game without him :rolleyes:
No I don't understand the game, you are right. We smashed them, Pogba was MOTM.

Devil may care

He looked tired today which is to be expected, still our best hope in the final 3rd to pick out a telling pass.

Sylar

I honestly think Jose was hoping he would get around 60 to 70 minutes in his first three games back and it was be a bit more easy than it was. We were able to take him off against Newcastle. In midweek we should have been a few up by half time. But he played full game cos we werent and cos of that he had to play again today and wasnt fresh. And thus we werent at our best and he had to play another 90 minute game.

We badly need another midfielder similar to him.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
We need someone else beside Matic to play with him in the middle. Someone on his level.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he was very average, didnt look any better than the Brighton midfield. Ran around a lot or at least he did for the first hour, but did very little of any substance.

M Bison

Supports
York City
We need someone else beside Matic to play with him in the middle. Someone on his level.
I don't fully understand posts like this, for me his level today wasn't any better than any other midfielder on the pitch (on either team) so its strange to insinuate that his average performance today was down to Matic?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I don't fully understand posts like this, for me his level today wasn't any better than any other midfielder on the pitch (on either team) so its strange to insinuate that his average performance today was down to Matic?
His base performance level, purely on talent, is much higher and more kinetic than Mata. He was good today. The only player who can pass in this team.

M Bison

Supports
York City
That's not what I said. I didn't blame Matic. Matic frees him at the back. I said another player to help him out in the middle in addition to Matic.
Ah i see, i thought where you said "beside" i thought you meant "instead of", silly me :D

Baxter

Been a bit poor tonight although I'm not sure this is the best way to use him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Thought he was fine in the first half, made some good passes and runs, still seems to lack match fitness though which has led to bit of sloppiness with the ball.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's having a quieter game and we're 3-0. I'm happy.

Silas

Hasn't played his best football, but he's had good moments like his run from the halfway to win the freekick for the 2nd goal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Didn’t see any poor performance from him tonight. Top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.