Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldTrevil

It needs to be pointed out. Shouldn't be brushed under the carpet because some don't like hearing it.
Completely agree. Personally I stopped listening to pundits long ago but you can never fully avoid them so every now and then I get confronted with their ingrained racism. Worse still is the fact it is so interwoven in western society that you will hear even black pundits use the same code in their language, and I'm sure some of them willfully choose not to push back to not rock the boat in their comfortable positions. Usually when I watch the game I find something else to do during half time or switch the channel.

Trizy

What worries me is our lack of quality outside our best 11. Obviously we can't get a backup who is on the same level as Pogba, but we should have some creativity in midfield without him.

Just like every top team in the world bar PSG, City and Bayern.

Two of them are state backed clubs and the other is in a one-horse league where everyone wants to play for them and they can pick who they want.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I don’t want to open up a can of worms, but if he wasn’t black I don’t think he would’ve said that...I’ll hide now.
You are completely right.

Physicality is one of the last attributes I'd associate Pogba with.

MJJ

I don’t want to open up a can of worms, but if he wasn’t black I don’t think he would’ve said that...I’ll hide now.
I dont think it's a race thing as the physicality trait has been said about matic as well, in terms of what he brings whereas Pogba is arrogant on the pitch but in the Cantona /Ibra way where it doesn't harm the team.

It is a gross underappreciation of his talents though.

haram

I dont think it's a race thing as the physicality trait has been said about matic as well, in terms of what he brings whereas Pogba is arrogant on the pitch but in the Cantona /Ibra way where it doesn't harm the team.

It is a gross underappreciation of his talents though.
Pogba is one the best midfielders on the planet. Those comments are embarrasing.

Physical and arrogant! Really?!

MJJ

Pogba is one the best midfielders on the planet. Those comments are embarrasing.

Physical and arrogant! Really?!
It's lazy praise/stereotype. Like I said if you ask most pundits what matic brings they will focus on his physicality and defensive skills while ignoring his ball playing skills.

Just like how tevez used to be just a work horse, etc etc.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sure that's fair, Pogba DOES bring those traits. But he is obviously much more than that, it's short sighted to say that in the list of things he's good at physicality is the first you think of.

If he said that about Fellaini nobody would bat an eye lid, it's just a brainless comment.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Nail on the head. We all know Pogba is a strong player but there's much more to his game than physicality and you never really hear pundits talk about how intelligent and skillful he is.

SAFicus

---------------De Gea---------------
--Valencia - Bailly - Rojo - Young--
-----Fellaini -Matic - Herrera-------
---------------Pogba-----------------
----------Lukaku - Ibrahimovic-----

Saw that lineup somewhere in another forum, how do you guys feel about it? Could it work in away games against top teams?

Honestly I'm expecting...

---------------De Gea---------------
--Valencia - Bailly - Rojo - Darmian-
-- Rashford -Matic - Pogba- Young-
----------Lukaku - Ibrahimovic-----

SAFicus

If we were gong 4-4-2 with those players Jose would surely play Young on the right and Rashford on the left.
Quite possibly.

Only reason Rashford is on the right here is due to the Perisic interest.

In Mourinho's system I see Ashley Young as a little bit of a Perisic lite.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Quite possibly.

Only reason Rashford is on the right here is due to the Perisic interest.

In Mourinho's system I see Ashley Young as a little bit of a Perisic lite.
I see the comparison, but Young's excellent crossing is a bit wasted from the left wing. It's a necessary sacrifice when he plays at full back as we have Valencia on the right and no standout left back, but it seems pointless if he's playing as a winger as Rashford/Martial are better on the left wing anyway.

SAFicus

I see the comparison, but Young's excellent crossing is a bit wasted from the left wing. It's a necessary sacrifice when he plays at full back as we have Valencia on the right and no standout left back, but it seems pointless if he's playing as a winger as Rashford/Martial are better on the left wing anyway.
Agreed.

Bottom line I can see us using a 4-4-2 with Zlatan and Lukaku up top.

Basel 1:0 Man Utd

ice-bionic red

El Capitan! Future captain 100%

So far this season compared to last he’s not over doing it and trying to do it all himself. He’s passing more when it’s more obvious to keep the ball but he has the ability to do the extraordinary :)

Pogbasky

Pogba is totally the second coming of Bryan Robson. It's amazing how everything flows through him.

AshRK

Only if we had 2 more pogba esque player in our club. He is just two or even three class above other attackers and midfielders.

snk123

What a player. Worth every penny - just needs to grab those big games now and he'll be right up there with the best. Martial, De Gea and Pogba - actual world class players in their peak at the moment.

Shark

@NotShark
What a player. Worth every penny - just needs to grab those big games now and he'll be right up there with the best. Martial, De Gea and Pogba - actual world class players in their peak at the moment.
Martial isn’t world class yet, or anywhere near his peak.

Pogbasky

Amazing how Pogba leaves the game and immediately we turn to tosh. It makes me happy and worried in equal measure.

Devil may care

Ran the first half, as soon as he came off it was the end of any tempo in our play, he'll be the full time Captain next season.

Sylar

Second half was bad but knew we would somehow be worse as soon as he came off.
But tbh was right to take him off. Yes we lost today, but today was just one part of a more important season. Glad he got good minutes to his game today.

Acole9

Outstanding
Not as good as the performance vs Newcastle but decent enough. I wasn't expecting him to play at all.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Shocking (and worrying) how dependent we are on him. He's the only stand out player we have really

Status
Not open for further replies.