g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

Some really poor decision making when he could’ve played players in but I can forgive him when he’s been such a vital player for us. It was his own quality that got him in the position to have those decisions to make.

mu4c_20le

With his playing style, when his passes don't come off or he loses the ball trying to dribble, it looks really bad.

pseudo_canadian

Saying he was terrible is such a short-sighted thing to say. His overall play today was brilliant, just those two decisions in the final third were poor.

It's like people are actively blocking out everything he did well - which is more than any player on our team can consistently do from a technical standpoint.

Without him in the team we are absolutely garbage.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Very greedy to score, but seems like the only player in our team who knows how to pass the ball.

Clas Sified

I was so scared he was going to get sent off today. You could see him slowly getting riled up in the first half, and after that yellow, I had my heart in my mouth every time he made a tackle.

Poor performance overall :(

Silas

He was way too selfish today imo.
Yeah, it was ridiculous when he didn't play through Martial and Lukaku, trying a shot instead both times.

Had good moments (like the run before he chose not to pass to Martial), but poor game overall, mainly down to his decision making.

Canagel

Burnley were targeting him all game and it affected his game. He needs to learn how to not get affected by pressure from players, fans when we go to these away grounds because he's the one they target. He should've done better with the counter attack we had though. That was a very poor decision by him.

SATA

He'll have Alexis on his wavelength to play with next week and he'll come good again. Martial at the moment is the closest to him

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
Terrible today, but I think the Burnley players did a good job getting under his skin.

His selfishness though today was concerning. Not executing an easy goal scoring chance is just inexcusable. If you want to be a top midfielder in the world you make that pass and put the game away for your team.

Dominos

I think he might be the greediest player I've ever seen.

He takes 12 pot shots per game from unrealistic distances, when the ball isn't even set right and there's defenders in the way.

Then you have the 2 instances today where he shot straight at the defender instead of sliding in a team mate to score which were just criminal.

His talent is fantastic but Mourinho needs to get a grip on him, he wants to do everything himself too often, and wastes too many attacks with his pot shots.

haram

Bad game. Should have passed it to Martial as well. Mourinho should bollock him for that performance. We had no control whatsoever.

Jib

Saying he was terrible is such a short-sighted thing to say. His overall play today was brilliant, just those two decisions in the final third were poor.

It's like people are actively blocking out everything he did well - which is more than any player on our team can consistently do from a technical standpoint.

This

Andersons Dietician

Frustratingly poor today. Did some great things then wasted it by making the wrong choice. That run through the middle where he powers away and Martial is busting a gut to give him an option and he has Lukaku on his right, Martial on his left and then wastes it by taking on a shot with a guy right in front of him. Just stupid.

There was a couple of times earlier in the game where Martial made some great runs and Pogba is on the ball and doesn’t put the ball through for him, he’s done it a few times in previous games.

Fracture90

For the standards we should expect of him that was terrible IMO. I understand what you're saying but for me that's below the bottom level I'd expect of him.
Our whole attacking game looks clueless and disjointed, it all comes down to Pogba or Matić carrying the ball across and giving it to Martial hoping he would make some magic. Think that's the core of the issue as plenty of time you can see Pogba not having opinions to pass to.

Art

Art the artist
Was a mix of good and bad and was still at the heart of our attacks. These games will happen. I don't think we need to draw too many conclusions from this.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Decision making was shocking at times. His selfishness almost cost us two points.

Fracture90

Yeah, it was ridiculous when he didn't play through Martial and Lukaku, trying a shot instead both times.

Had good moments (like the run before he chose not to pass to Martial), but poor game overall, mainly down to his decision making.
Yeah he wasn't terrible for sure.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

This. Some posters saying he was terrible are off the mark. Granted, with a 3 on 1, he has to pass. But still wasnt as bad as some are making out.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don’t blame him for not squaring to Martial. Having done all that came before it, can’t blame him and would expect many players to try and finish that.

pseudo_canadian

This. Some posters saying he was terrible are off the mark. Granted, with a 3 on 1, he has to pass. But still wasnt as bad as some are making out.
Agreed. Unforgivable not to pass there, but to say he was "terrible" is laughable. It's cherrypicking to prove a point.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had two easy passes after his incredible run. Saw the headlines though!

Could have cost us.

Vashtra

I worry about how easy he is to wind up. He's getting targeted by opposition because of how easy it is to get a rise out of him.

Gazza

Concerning that he doesn't seem to be learning how to rise above it all when refs don't give him decisions or when things don't seem to go his way. He could have had the last laugh if he had passed the ball to Martial or Lukaku after that fantastic run from his own half.

AR87

Our whole attacking game looks clueless and disjointed, it all comes down to Pogba or Matić carrying the ball across and giving it to Martial hoping he would make some magic. Think that's the core of the issue as plenty of time you can see Pogba not having opinions to pass to.
I saw plenty of times today he overcomplicated things. Your overall point is right, but it also doesn't excuse his decision making at key points today.

Kag

He was definitely poor in relation to his own expectations. It's no real slight on him to call a spade a spade.

R'hllor

Is it just me or he loosing his cool really easy in last couple of games? Being under those little fouls and if ref ignores it, it triggers him after which he cant keep it cool.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pogba played a lot worse than he has been recently. Was guilty of over elaborating at times and taking too long to make up his mind. Burnley got in and around him, upset him and after that he found it tough to keep his composure. An off day.

Fracture90

I saw plenty of times today he overcomplicated things. Your overall point is right, but it also doesn't excuse his decision making at key points today.
Yeah, tho I'm not trying to make excuses for him. His decision making today was way off.

Geekie

That horrible decision really summed up his game today. His hair might be cool but his head is definitely not, need to spend less time sulking at ref's decision.

togg

Still our best player and the only player who can pick out a sublime pass when the other players move to give him the opportunity. Didn't quite click for him today overall but he was still ok. Also Burnley did a good job on him so some credit is due there.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He got rattled early on. Seems he plays poorly when he gets a bit angry, starts lashing out and taking on too much. When his head is cool he's unplayable. Today wasn't that day.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
With a player clearing in front of him and one so open ? I think most players would pass
The temptation to score a spectacular goal was obvious.

I always know a shot is coming when I see a player beat a few men and have an opening on goal. It’s natural, and part of the art of football. We would have not seen many great goals if players looked up and tried to pass at the end of great runs. Martial was in a better position, but Pogba was in a realistic shooting/scoring position. He didn’t play the highest percentage, but I didn’t expect him to. As he skipped past the last man, I shouted ‘now finish it’ at the telly. That’s the natural instinct after such approach play I think. He did the exact same thing against Real in the Supercup, and I thought he should pass then, but can always understand the decision to shoot on such occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.