Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

Every time there's a red card the Caf reveals a lot of posters who literally have no idea what counts as a red card.

Intention is feck all to do with it. We've already been through this with the Mane red card.
That's not true. If you intend to kick someone but miss you can still be sent off.

It's irrelevant to this one though, it is as blatant a red card as they come.

Minimalist

That's not true. If you intend to kick someone but miss you can still be sent off.

It's irrelevant to this one though, it is as blatant a red card as they come.
Sorry, what I meant was that you don't have to assume intention to send a player off.

Robbie Boy

eh it wasn't stupid, wasn't even a bad tackle, it was just unlucky, he was trying to get the ball on the counter and it was hard to avoid that contact tbh

unfortunate but not stupid, wasn't even deliberate
The replays they've showed makes it look intentional but maybe you're right.

Traub

What if he appeals it? Can he play next week?
Appeal will be heard before next week, so only if it's successful will he play. I doubt we will appeal, IIRC it risks an extension of the ban.

Smithy_123

Lol at saying that it was a complete accident and unavoidable. If an Arsenal player did that you'd all be in uproar. Coming from a Man Utd fan.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
From the replays and angles shown by BT it looks intentional, not that makes any difference it was a terrible tackle.

NinjaFletch

Btw correct me if I'm wrong, but three matches is only for violent conduct dismisals no?

Would be surprised if that's considered violent conduct.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Btw correct me if I'm wrong, but three matches is only for violent conduct dismisals no?

Straight red is always 3 games.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

If the ref didn’t think it was violent conduct, he wouldn’t have given a red card.

Skubah

Thought it was intentional when I saw the replay but the after watching a few times on real time he was looking at lingard for the pass and he actually gets a tiny touch on the ball on the outside of his foot before he made contact with Bellerin. I don't think it was intentional at all. Was definitely reckless but not intentional imo. Was meant to be a pass with the outside of the foot.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
How can anyone think that was intentional? :lol:
The whole thing happened within 2 seconds

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It's a red simply because it's a bad tackle, I feel for him though he was stretching for the ball and Bellerin was lying on the ground. Not sure how he could've shortened his stride mid way.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He will get lot of shit because of wishing other players injury, and getting red card in the next gane. No doubt City fans will have a laugh. I kind of understand his frustration, but it's better to say nothing at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.