Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatAsianChap

As much as I detest myself saying this, I believe Paul Pogba is not what we want him to be. I guess he inherently does not possess the talent or consistency needed to match the likes of KDB, Hazard, Silva and the other creative geniuses plying their trade currently in world football.

Formation matters for a player to thrive , but what also matters is a winning attitude. When you have 10 minutes on the clock , you dont really worry about deviating from a set formation - you just go for it all guns blazing and not waltz around like lads in a park.

His social media omnipresence is only going to attract more brick bats especially with his current fallibility on field.

I want him to succeed ..I really do...but things looks bleak as we speak

LoneStar

Somehow knew that when he was subbed on for Fellaini, we would lose the match. He simply can’t/won’t play in a 2 man midfield.

But at least try, he did feck all and contributed negatively. Looks a fair weather player to me.

ThatAsianChap

That is a major issue, isnt it @LoneStar ?

The likes of Park, Cleverley, Fletcher ran their socks off for 90 minutes and what we have here is a player who is actually talented. The least one expects off of a United team is desire and that is it

LoneStar

Even Sanchez was shit, and his confidence seems to be low too. That didn’t stop him from pressing, tracking back and trying to win the ball back, running like a mad man. Pogba simply looks like he’s given up.

Disgraceful for a £90m player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not really. The team is disorganised when attacking so he has no structure to focus his passes in.

The rest of the top teams City, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool all know the positions they should take up when attacking.

That is non existent because Mou still coaches like we are in 2004

Put Pogba in City and he would be a monster.

Remember, this is the same manager that had Modric voted the worst signing in laliga because of his fecking system.
Pogba would be on the bench at City. Not nearly good enough to play in midfield there

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
Sir Alex the genius he knew what he was doing when he played Rafael in midfield instead of Pompous Pogba. He thinks he is a supermodel refusing to get out of bed. I only knew he was on the pitch after 30 minutes with his wonderful misplaced pass to Rashford who he could not of reached if he had a telephone booth and a red cape.

CA_vampire

Not really. The team is disorganised when attacking so he has no structure to focus his passes in.

The rest of the top teams City, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool all know the positions they should take up when attacking.

That is non existent because Mou still coaches like we are in 2004

Put Pogba in City and he would be a monster.

Remember, this is the same manager that had Modric voted the worst signing in laliga because of his fecking system.
Pogba in City would be a monster? Like Mkhitaryan in Arsenal would be a monster?

Rasfene

King pogba is only 24 year old and it's not like he caused the goals. He can only get better.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
THink its him or Mourinho, he just dint give anything yesterday, I think he will go at end of season, maybe to madrid.

superdry

touched by a genius
At some point he needs to realise that dabbing, dancing and go fast stripe hairstyles, make you look an immature fool when you forget to concentrate on your job!

dogwithabone

He’s struggling and desperately needs a dominant game to restore confidence but Mourinho too has to play his part and find the system that accommodates Pogba.

Red_Aaron

He got the brunt of my anger in the pub and even though I've now sobered up I'm still annoyed at his performance.

Our big star with world class talent comes on in a must win game with 30mins to go and barely breaks into a jog, he was stroling around whilst the club headed out of the competition. He better be carrying an injury otherwise its outrageous that he produced that last night.

Remember when becks was dropped against Madrid but then came on and played like a madman scoring, creating and very nearly dragging us through it was a furious reaction from a world class player doing everything to win. Where was that last night from pogba? Where was that from anyone?

Pogba needs to figure out what he wants to be because at the moment he's drifting and we look better without him

Ace of Spades

His confidence is shot, and his performance have been underwhelming, though I certainly would not blame him for the loss.

JoaquinJoaquin

I have defended him to the hilt but now I can't do that any longer. Lack of confidence is one thing, but lack of passion and effort I cannot forgive. He looks like he couldn't be bothered and rather than taking the challenge of being a sub and changing the game coming on he would rather just sulk and stroll around. Tactically it isn't working with him either. A real disappointment he has been.

Ashley R1+O

Worrisome stuff, came on like he wasn't arsed and trundled around like we were six nil up.

If it wasn't Pogba I'd be giving him the "psst, doors that way mate, get the feck through it". Don't want him to go but if he doesn't want to be here then take a hike, don't even turn up on match day. Has to take a really good look at himself after this performance. Disappointing.

gaucho_10

THink its him or Mourinho, he just dint give anything yesterday, I think he will go at end of season, maybe to madrid.
He's not coming to Madrid, that much is certain. We will buy one or two very expensive attacking players and we're stacked in midfield.
It would be equivalent of United buying a 100 mil € striker to compete with Lukaku in the summer instead of spending money on players you really need.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
His performances, much like ours as a whole, have been in decline since the start of the season. If his form right now is due to him not recovering properly from his injury, then we’ve rushed him back too soon - as we did with Ibra.

I fear it’s such nothing else though currently. There’s something not right between him and Jose. Whether this is down to style or Sanchez’s arrival I don’t know, though neither would surprise me.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He got the brunt of my anger in the pub and even though I've now sobered up I'm still annoyed at his performance.

Our big star with world class talent comes on in a must win game with 30mins to go and barely breaks into a jog, he was stroling around whilst the club headed out of the competition. He better be carrying an injury otherwise its outrageous that he produced that last night.

Remember when becks was dropped against Madrid but then came on and played like a madman scoring, creating and very nearly dragging us through it was a furious reaction from a world class player doing everything to win. Where was that last night from pogba? Where was that from anyone?

Pogba needs to figure out what he wants to be because at the moment he's drifting and we look better without him
Yeah, we can blame the manager for his confidence being shot but the lack of effort is 100% on Pogba. Fecking strolling around the place when he was the freshest player on the pitch. The Becks analogy is a good one. I guess that’s what happens with this awful galactico project we seem to be on. Overpaid megastars who play like they don’t give a shit.

stu_1992

Came on when we needed something in the game for a very poor Fellaini, and made it worse. He offered nothing. We needed drive and creativity and he gave us neither. I'm sure stats will prove me wrong, but it felt like he misplaced more passes than completed. And these were exactly "Hollywood balls" which are high risk. We're talking about basic stuff he's getting wrong, and this is a £90 million player! I've never seen the likes of it, and I'm starting to be seriously concerned we've a problem on our hands. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Robbie Boy

I have always defended him to some degree but his recent performances have been fecking horrible.

gibers

Pogba in City would be a monster? Like Mkhitaryan in Arsenal would be a monster?
Nah because he has the same issue he had here. No attacking structure. He was great at Dortmund and Shak because there was an attacking plan. He is like Pedro Rodriguez in that sense, needs instructions of where to operate etx

gibers

Pogba would be on the bench at City. Not nearly good enough to play in midfield there
Yea he has the skill set. City players all have instructions of where to move, what zones to occupy, the body shape to receive the pass etc

they are coached to a T ffs.

United it's free style football in attack. We are siilar to Arsenal in attack tbh.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He looks like he doesn't know what he should be doing, same with Sanchez, Rashford when deployed on the right etc. Players with attacking flair are being suffocated by poor management.

gaucho_10

His system was defensive and pragmatic but Modric was voted as the worst transfer by bunch of Barca fans that clicked his name on Marca poll. If El Mundo had similar poll at the time (end of the calendar year), you would have bunch of Madrid fans voting for Song, but Modric would stil end up being the worst signing just because inferiority complex is so gigantic in FC Barca community (which is just awesome if you ask me).

JoaquinJoaquin

He looks like he doesn't know what he should be doing, same with Sanchez, Rashford when deployed on the right etc. Players with attacking flair are being suffocated by poor management.
That is the main problem with our terrible game plan and tactics I agree. With Pogba though he just seems to have a real lack of desire and fight. He seems much happier filming Instagram stories or jetting off around the world in between games. I have a horrible hunch he might go in Summer, but if not he really needs to improve next season as that will be his third season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yea he has the skill set. City players all have instructions of where to move, what zones to occupy, the body shape to receive the pass etc

they are coached to a T ffs.

United it's free style football in attack. We are siilar to Arsenal in attack tbh.
Skillset means feck all, Guardiola benched and sold many players during his career who had the skillset to play for him but ultimately it's football intelligence, the will to work under him and professionalism that are the deciding factors. Pogba isn't the sharpest tool in the box when everything is considered and plays the game like he thinks he is awesome when in reality he is underwhelming.

fallengt

feck him and Lingard. Right now, They probably are thinking what next to post on Instagram more than tonight defeat.

I fecking hate this generation.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
People forgot that he was amazing only a few months ago. Seriously, those of you who want him sold :eek:
Terribly out of form and looks unmotivated, but he is still our most talented outfield player who has proven a lot already in his short career.
He needs a reality check

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That is the main problem with our terrible game plan and tactics I agree. With Pogba though he just seems to have a real lack of desire and fight. He seems much happier filming Instagram stories or jetting off around the world in between games. I have a horrible hunch he might go in Summer, but if not he really needs to improve next season as that will be his third season.
I don't think he wants to go anywhere. He came here to be the face of a big club and he's getting it, he loves the exposure.

El Zoido

He doesn’t look interested. You have to wonder if something is going on behind the scenes. He plays like he doesn’t care and has no motivation.

slyadams

Somehow knew that when he was subbed on for Fellaini, we would lose the match. He simply can’t/won’t play in a 2 man midfield.

But at least try, he did feck all and contributed negatively. Looks a fair weather player to me.
Agreed, when the change was made it looked like a positive one, but we've all seen that two man midfield fail time and time again. To hope that for this 30 minutes it would succeed was a stretch.

It pains me to say it, but it looks like Fergie was right again when we said he let him go basically because of his attitude.

Djemba-Djemba

People forgot that he was amazing only a few months ago. Seriously, those of you who want him sold :eek:
Terribly out of form and looks unmotivated, but he is still our most talented outfield player who has proven a lot already in his short career.
He needs a reality check
People can accept a player being out of form or playing badly but last night his effort and application was a disgrace.

There's no excuse for him not even trying.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He doesn’t look interested. You have to wonder if something is going on behind the scenes. He plays like he doesn’t care and has no motivation.
The thing people need to realise is that unprofessional or not this is clearly not Pogba at his best and that is because he is simply not trying. For me it is because he can't stand the manager and the tactics. To be honest, seeing as I agree with him on that front.. I can cut him some slack, but only if he was to be all guns blazing under new management and if there was any hint of him not playing well.. I'd bin him with not a hint of regret.

haram

The thing people need to realise is that unprofessional or not this is clearly not Pogba at his best and that is because he is simply not trying. For me it is because he can't stand the manager and the tactics. To be honest, seeing as I agree with him on that front.. I can cut him some slack, but only if he was to be all guns blazing under new management and if there was any hint of him not playing well.. I'd bin him with not a hint of regret.
So what changed from before his injury and after his injury in terms of management and tactics?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’ve lost patience with him. People shout for us to build the team around him but what’s he done to justify it? His passing last night was embarrassing, he’s not a big game player. Truly world class players would step up last night and take the game by the scruff of the neck. He’s literally doing nothing, walking around the pitch giving the ball away. When is he going to justify his incredibly overhyped reputation?

Status
Not open for further replies.