Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

Not sure what your point is? We've looked better without Pogba, Martial or Sanchez in the team, interesting isn't it?
My point is we didn't have Pogba against Derby, a championship club, and we lost that match. Obviously looked better without Pogba in the team? Interesting isn't it?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I seriously doubt Jose would purposely want to us to look bad when Pogba plays just to prove a point. I'm sure he'd rather us win every game and then he could talk about his genius instead.

Pogba hasn't been pulling his weight for a while now, along with other players of course. Jose felt the need to single him out in the dressing room, could have been because he's capable of way more than losing possession on the edge of his own area and keeping the ball for far too long.

I don't think there is an agenda as you're suggesting. We looked like a team at the weekend and that's the first time we've looked like a cohesive unit this season, and we did it without our sulkiest French players, albeit them being apparently our best players. Makes you question whether or not selling them and reinvesting in players with the correct mentality would actually be the best option.
Did you notice a difference in our tactical approach on Saturday ? It wasn't the team playing more as a team that made the difference....it was the manager forcing the back four into Fulhams half.

He's always at his best Jose, when he has a point to prove. I'd simply question that he should always have a point to prove

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Mourinho has said that both Pogba and Pereira will start, wasn't there this theory that he was going to be lumped up with Matic and co to 'make him look bad' in this game? I don't think Matic is even travelling.

Mainoldo

So because we beat bottom of the league, we are a better team without Pogba :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
My point is we didn't have Pogba against Derby, a championship club, and we lost that match. Obviously looked better without Pogba in the team? Interesting isn't it?
We've lost cup ties to lower league opposition before now, it was almost a regular occurrence under Fergie. Taking Pogba out of that match doesn't account for the other 11 players not being up for the match and Derby treating it as a cup final. He wouldn't have made much difference.

RedDevil@84

No I don't....I think Jose played that way to make it appear we are better without Pogba. This was a game against bottom of the table but I've not seen Jose so determined on the sideline all season to get his message accross. He was physically pushing the back four higher to squeeze the game. Worked a treat. Contrast Jose on Saturday and against Arsenal against the Jose slumped on his bench vs Southampton and I have to wonder, what's changed ? What's his motivation currently ?

Pogba said we'd be better if we got on the front foot and attacked from the off at home. It was only one game against terrible opposition but it's the best we've looked for ages.

Anyone that thinks Pogba is our biggest negative influence on the football pitch has serious levels of delusion.
The last word sums up pretty much the entire content in the post.

RedDevil@84

Mourinho has said that both Pogba and Pereira will start, wasn't there this theory that he was going to be lumped up with Matic and co to 'make him look bad' in this game? I don't think Matic is even travelling.
If he has a bad game........ He was lumped up with a B team purposefully, so that he will look bad. Jose is an evil c**t.
If he has a good game ......... See, this is why Pogba is so essential to the team. We play so well with him. Jose is an idiotic c**t not to play him.

Basically, Jose can't win.

For the record, I think we would do better with Pogba in the team. I think if Pogba was teamed with Rashford or Martial continuously, we would do better, score more and win more games. Yes, Pogba blows hot and cold. But I still don't think his absence benefits us much.

ForestRGoinUp

The last word sums up pretty much the entire content in the post.
It cannot be denied (by a sane person) that Jose was more engaged and enthusiastic than he typically is. Also, he set us up to play on the front foot from the start. Also, Paul Pogba said we should be doing this at home. This embarrassed our little manager.

Pogba was right, Jose listened. But being the ratty little man that he is, he left Paul out to prove a point. Then all of a sudden, at home against the worst team in the league, he’s up coaching on the touch line as if we were playing City.

@Kostur I’m just saying what happened. Maybe José (and you) can deny he did it because Pogba called him out, but the reality is that he did exactly what Pogba had encouraged him to do.

@Kostur @RedDevil@84 Sure, I'm not saying Pogba somehow discovered what we all knew, and what Jose was apparently the last to figure out. But he has been punished for bringing it directly to the manager's attention. You guys can spin it however you want. Don't get too dizzy.

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板
It cannot be denied (by a sane person) that Jose was more engaged and enthusiastic than he typically is. Also, he set us up to play on the front foot from the start. Also, Paul Pogba said we should be doing this at home. This embarrassed our little manager.

Pogba was right, Jose listened. But being the ratty little man that he is, he left Paul out to prove a point. Then all of a sudden, at home against the worst team in the league, he’s up coaching on the touch line as if we were playing City.
Yeah I bet Mourinho listens to Pogba when setting up the tactics and completely changes it because 'Pogba is right'. Exactly that made him win things throughout the career.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
If he has a bad game........ He was lumped up with a B team purposefully, so that he will look bad. Jose is an evil c**t.
If he has a good game ......... See, this is why Pogba is so essential to the team. We play so well with him. Jose is an idiotic c**t not to play him.

Basically, Jose can't win.

For the record, I think we would do better with Pogba in the team. I think if Pogba was teamed with Rashford or Martial continuously, we would do better, score more and win more games. Yes, Pogba blows hot and cold. But I still don't think his absence benefits us much.
Exactly, for some reason people think criticism of Pogba materialised all of a sudden because of Mourinho's manipulation.

Pogba has been blowing hot and cold ever since he got here, and last season we saw it affect us in the smaller games where he put in some really pitiful displays.

My opinion on Pogba is that he has a place in the team if he stops being the main man, because he isn't. I think his best season was his first where Zlatan kept him on his toes and constantly told him where to pass, where to run etc. I think he was also better at Juventus because he had people keeping him in line when he tried to be Lionel Messi in midfield.

RedDevil@84

@Kostur I’m just saying what happened. Maybe José (and you) can deny he did it because Pogba called him out, but the reality is that he did exactly what Pogba had encouraged him to do.
And sometimes you wonder who believes the cooked up stuff that the Mail and the Sun writes on a regular basis.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No, quite frankly you're assuming that 'what happened' was thanks to Pogba. That's not a fact, that's an assumption, naïve one too.

RedDevil@84

No, quite frankly you're assuming that 'what happened' was thanks to Pogba. That's not a fact, that's an assumption, naïve one too.
Add to it, it is strange that some people are acting as if the calls for more "Attack attack attack" is something Pogba discovered. I think many pundits/ex-players have all talked about it before.

Stadjer

Not a good game, created a chance for Mata at the end and missed a huge chance... thats basically all? No way he is starting against Liverpool.

el3mel

Started to care only last 10 minutes and immediately improved the performance. Nothing new. The guy only plays when he cares to it's tragic. I expect from my 90m midfielder to play every 90 minutes every game with same performance not only when he decides to care. Quality is unquestionable, just show it more regularly ffs.

Pires_7

Supports
Arsenal
He really looks like he hates playing for this team. Constantly sulking!

How Mourinho has managed to shatter the confidence of the guy who is the face of the World Cup winning France team is beyond me. At 83' he gets into a great shooting position where Pogba of old takes it on every day, but tonight he bottles it and passes instead.

At 78' he turns well and is running for an age with his head up looking for a pass but nobody moves for him. Again he ends up going sideways. Maybe @GifLord or somebody good at this kind of thing can create clips for those moments but they sum up everything wrong with us and its tough to blame Pogba for it. Our coaching and man management is atrocious.

Started to care only last 10 minutes and immediately improved the performance. Nothing new. The guy only plays when he cares to it's tragic. I expect from my 90m midfielder to play every 90 minutes every game with same performance not only when he decides to care. Quality is unquestionable, just show it more regularly ffs.
I disagree that he woke up because he cared. It was when Rashford came on. He had finally had somebody running for him and creating space.

Canagel

Lukaku went off and Rashford came on to stretch the defence. What a surprise Pogba started to take some control. We need to feck off that lump if we want to see decent football being played.

Ekeke

So casual. Today he made Paul Scholes look like a defensively solid CM. On the ball he wasnt much better

Aresma7

Lukaku would be fecking murdered for that miss.
On here he would, and rightly so. He's a striker not a midfielder. Difference is Pogba misses 2 out of 10 of those chances. Lukaku misses 7 out of 10.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Only saw the second half, thought he was fine. Tactics and selection were pathetic.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
When we put Lingard and Rashford and the tempo quickened up, Pogba started to perform.
Indeed. Pogba wasn't good, but I'll cut him some slack because there was no one running, we really couldn't have fielded a more immobile team if we tried. Full backs were shocking first half, offered no outlet to anyone and it killed our entire team.

RonaldoVII

2nd half he looked a lot better. Could see him as the attacking player in a midfield 3 with Matic and Herrera behind him to cover. Front 4 of Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Lingard could give us something with a defensive 6 behind him.

Janson

Did you notice a difference in our tactical approach on Saturday ? It wasn't the team playing more as a team that made the difference....it was the manager forcing the back four into Fulhams half.

He's always at his best Jose, when he has a point to prove. I'd simply question that he should always have a point to prove
So when Jose has a point to prove and wants to win, he plays a high line? Never mind that he never played that way while winning all his trophies.

He does always have a point to prove, and he always uses the tactics he prefers. It's just not been working. But no it's all a conspiracy to make Pogba and Martial look bad.

Janson

2nd half he looked a lot better. Could see him as the attacking player in a midfield 3 with Matic and Herrera behind him to cover. Front 4 of Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Lingard could give us something with a defensive 6 behind him.
How do you dare suggest Matic should play with Pogba? It has to be a technical midget, otherwise Pogba can't be unleashed.:)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
So when Jose has a point to prove and wants to win, he plays a high line? Never mind that he never played that way while winning all his trophies.

He does always have a point to prove, and he always uses the tactics he prefers. It's just not been working. But no it's all a conspiracy to make Pogba and Martial look bad.
Did you go on Saturday ?

pascell

I've given up on him, I'd love to be proven wrong by him but he's going to be in his peak in a couple of years and I can see him spending them being the same inconsistent player that left us for Juventus.

Janson

I seriously doubt Jose would purposely want to us to look bad when Pogba plays just to prove a point. I'm sure he'd rather us win every game and then he could talk about his genius instead.

Pogba hasn't been pulling his weight for a while now, along with other players of course. Jose felt the need to single him out in the dressing room, could have been because he's capable of way more than losing possession on the edge of his own area and keeping the ball for far too long.

I don't think there is an agenda as you're suggesting. We looked like a team at the weekend and that's the first time we've looked like a cohesive unit this season, and we did it without our sulkiest French players, albeit them being apparently our best players. Makes you question whether or not selling them and reinvesting in players with the correct mentality would actually be the best option.
Are you really trying to have a serious conversation with someone that thinks there has been some kind of conspiracy masterplan all along by Mourinho to make Pogba and Martial look bad?:)

I mean, people can argue all they want about how Mourinho hasn't done a good job with this team and I would agree, but this is on another level.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
With all the excuses put out for him, and all the requirements needed for him to not be bad. Pogba will be surplus to requirements when we actually have a team good enough for him.

Juventus have already shown that to us. Pogba excelled at Juventus in a world class team, then they got a fortune for him and replaced him with ease. That is because any decent player can play well in a world class team like Matuidi has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.