Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janson

Did you go on Saturday ?
How is that relevant?

For how long do you believe Mourinho has been actively trying to sabotage Pogba's game? Just curious. And how is that of any benefit to him making his own record breaking signing look bad?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
With all the excuses put out for him, and all the requirements needed for him to not be bad. Pogba will be surplus to requirements when we actually have a team good enough for him.

Juventus have already shown that to us. Pogba excelled at Juventus in a world class team, then they got a fortune for him and replaced him with ease. That is because any decent player can play well in a world class team like Matuidi has done.
I'm far from his biggest fan, but am so split on Pogba. He can be a very good player on his day, but really isn't worth the price. Juve as you say replaced him effortlessly. They sold him for huge money, and brought in a better midfielder in Pjanic. Not as big of a personality, not as famous, but easily a better midfielder. Pogba has it in him to be an excellent midfielder himself, and maybe a managerial change would bring the best out of him. More likely though he'd still be inconsistent, just not quite as bad as right now.

Canagel

With all the excuses put out for him, and all the requirements needed for him to not be bad. Pogba will be surplus to requirements when we actually have a team good enough for him.

Juventus have already shown that to us. Pogba excelled at Juventus in a world class team, then they got a fortune for him and replaced him with ease. That is because any decent player can play well in a world class team like Matuidi has done.
Juventus is well coached team for many years. Theyve picked up bargain signings for years and they all in slot in seamlessly . We could sign Messi and he will struggle in this team .

Deleted member 101472

Reasons to get your head checked out #6

You believe that pogbas performances should be blamed on anyone except himself.

Shambolic.

ravi2

Juventus is well coached team for many years. Theyve picked up bargain signings for years and they all in slot in seamlessly . We could sign Messi and he will struggle in this team .
Therein lies the issue, it really doesnt matter who we sign in January, or whenever as long as Jose is there. Even when Jose leaves Woodward will still be there so the road back is a long and winding one.

Deleted member 101472

No he wouldn’t. Stop saying things like this. He’s one of the few players of any era that you can actually justify almost any starting 11 as long as he’s part of it. He would make this and any team instantly better. His rival would do the same.

Alejandro Angel

This is my first post reply(I have been a lurker , i believe that is what is called not really tech savvy) but couldn't agree with you more. Pogba has shown very little in a Utd shirt and i would like for him never to wear the shirt again, as he has been absolutely awful he jogs about whilst out of position and possession of the football never covers anyone and dwells on the ball. He makes all the wrong decisions (both on and off the pitch not telling his agent to stay quite is just like his appearances in a Utd shirt).
I can only say as being a long time utd fan through.good and bad I do not want Pogba to represent utd I think he has let, us all down. He had an opportunity tonite despite what he and alot of us think of the manager he didn't put anywhere near enough effort in. I just want rid

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Has clear deficiencies in his game that aren't really present in 95% of top midfielders. Switches off against lesser teams with regularity, as if he thinks they will roll over for him because of who he is. Pogba is focused and diligent in big games. If we had that player in most games he would be world class. But instead he puts in regular pub level performances against inferior teams.

Any suggestion that top players would struggle in this team is nonsensical. Ander Herrera doesnt struggle in this team and he's no world beater. He's someone that understands good midfield play is about simple feints, 1-2s, runs, pressing your man, releasing the ball quickly etc.. Not trying to be Lionel Messi in our own half. Speaking of which, any comparisons to Messi are also nonsensical, I would say Messi is a better midfielder than Pogba and he's not even a midfielder but that's just how good he is.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He was terrible.
Plays like he has had a plate of ket before the game sometimes - a bit obvlious he’s even in a game, lazily stretching for balls right in front of him and losing it, misjudging basic passes. And then there was that miss in front of goal.
Him and Lukaku tanning it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Trash performance. A new low. It feels more like 50-50 now between his good and bad matches. That isn't a good ratio for a 90m player:(

StretfordEnd95

Makes me laugh how any player above 22 years old can be dubbed to have potential. Pogba is a sulking show pony.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Has clear deficiencies in his game that aren't really present in 95% of top midfielders. Switches off against lesser teams with regularity, as if he thinks they will roll over for him because of who he is. Pogba is focused and diligent in big games. If we had that player in most games he would be world class. But instead he puts in regular pub level performances against inferior teams.

Any suggestion that top players would struggle in this team is nonsensical. Ander Herrera doesnt struggle in this team and he's no world beater. He's someone that understands good midfield play is about simple feints, 1-2s, runs. Not trying to be Lionel Messi in our own half. Speaking of which, any comparisons to Messi are also nonsensical, I would say Messi is a better midfielder than Pogba and he's not even a midfielder but that's just how good he is.
Great points. He seems very immature in his mindset. In the Southampton game after an incident it looked like Pogba sorta tried to tell Mario Lemina, "come on you know who I am" and he got ignored. Looked upset and tackled him straight afterwords like he took it personal. Weird if it was that but regardless he just seems so focused on unimportant stuff instead of actually focusing on playing more effectively.

Canagel

No he wouldn’t. Stop saying things like this. He’s one of the few players of any era that you can actually justify almost any starting 11 as long as he’s part of it. He would make this and any team instantly better. His rival would do the same.
Not in this United team. Hed probably look like he does for Argentina and even they've got players like Aguero and Higuain.
I have never seen a team so lacking in the basics . What are they doing on the training ground?
We've signed enough players and spent enough money yet there's no semblance of a plan we just make it up game by game. Fred has been ruined in less than 6 months. I'd look to the coaching first

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Great points. He seems very immature in his mindset. In the Southampton game after an incident it looked like Pogba sorta tried to tell Mario Lemina, "come on you know who I am" and he got ignored. Looked upset and tackled him straight afterwords like he took it personal. Weird if it was that but regardless he just seems so focused on unimportant stuff instead of actually focusing on playing more effectively.
I don't think it's immature, its simply his personality to play in a street footballing way. It's quite common with players that have ridiculous amounts of talent and never have to try all that hard during Youth football, they take a long time to get the fundamentals of midfield play down because they could get away without it at younger ages.

Someone like Kante has supreme fundamentals because he basically has nothing going for him except positioning and anticipation. He's not gifted with the ball and rarely wins duels of strength or pace, so he has developed techniques to win the mental battle against players. He seems to always be one step ahead of the play and his tackling technique is near perfect.

Janson

Not in this United team. Hed probably look like he does for Argentina and even they've got players like Aguero and Higuain.
I have never seen a team so lacking in the basics . What are they doing on the training ground?
We've signed enough players and spent enough money yet there's no semblance of a plan we just make it up game by game. Fred has been ruined in less than 6 months. I'd look to the coaching first
It's probably a bit of both, the coaching and Pogba himself. Another thing that I think is a big part of it, is that he just doesn't click with these players around him. They're just not on the same level. I think that's true for most of the team though. Some players might really be class but they don't work as a unit.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How is that relevant?

For how long do you believe Mourinho has been actively trying to sabotage Pogba's game? Just curious. And how is that of any benefit to him making his own record breaking signing look bad?

Because you'd have no idea how different Jose was on Saturday against a bottom of the league terrible Fulham side, to how he was tonight and vs Southampton.

I wonder what's motivating him

el3mel

Excuses, excuses everwhere. I honestly don't know how people don't get bored from defending the lad with such excuses for 2.5 years.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't think it's immature, its simply his personality to play in a street footballing way. It's quite common with players that have ridiculous amounts of talent and never have to try all that hard during Youth football, they take a long time to get the fundamentals of midfield play down because they could get away without it at younger ages.

Someone like Kante has supreme fundamentals because he basically has nothing going for him except positioning and anticipation. He's not gifted with the ball and rarely wins duels of strength or pace, so he has developed techniques to win the mental battle against players. He seems to always be one step ahead of the play and his tackling technique is near perfect.
No I get that but personalities can change with maturity and especially when it's the personality of someone who probably thinks he is one of the best in the world in his position, or wants to be. I think it is quite immature for a professional footballer to not realise what you are talking about in your second paragraph (great points) and then come to terms with the realities of that, and then start working on it. I think he realises but because he is immature, he won't change. Or at least he hasn't yet.

Slaford RED

Craig Bellamy, sky sports post match at Valencia:

" Pogba was poor again tonight "

"Mourinho isn't getting the best out of Pogba, that's clear "

" I'm not sure if he is as good, as a lot of people make out "

I for one have never rated him, even when at Juventus.

If United were winning games, then you watched the highlights and saw some clips of Pogbas ball skills and the odd goal, you would be thinking what a great player he is. But if you analysed his performances at Juve, you will see WITH YOUR OWN EYES ( not repeating what others say ), that he is playing at United just like he played at Juve.

As a previous poster commented, he's a show pony !

Having said that, a friend of mine who coached at a premier league club, used to say the same about Paul Scholes. I don't necessarily agree before I get my head kicked in but he used to say Scholes was only good when we were winning, which luckily was most of the time.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
From my perspective, from what I read on here...

I'm supposed to be looking at a player who is out of this world, as good as Messi or Zidane.
The reality is, Messi dragged teams, especially Argentina in the 2014 WC to finals on his own. Zidane, on his last legs, dragged France to a WC final in 2006, on his own.

I've been reading on here, for the best part 9 years now how great he is, how he'll be the best midfielder of the 21st century so far, how he'll lead us to glory and go down as a club legend.

Reality is, he sulked his way out of the club in 2012, he was decent/good in a class Juventus team, he's been hot and cold for France, he's been jeered by the French supporters on occasions, he has had some bits of conflict with Deschamps within the French camp, he had a decent/good WC in the summer, he's been mostly cold for us...

The Paul Pogba I've seen since about 2010/11 isn't the Paul Pogba I read about on here. I guess in that sense I am very disappointed

But the most baffling thing is, the excuses that are made for him by some on here. He has Eric Cantona levels of being untouchable for some people. Difference is, Eric achieved a lot more for us than Pogba has and Eric kick started a revolution at the club.
Wayne Rooney, all time top goalscorer for the club and proper legend, who won everything with us, gets and got more abuse than Pogba, for a lot less than what Pogba did and does, in the media, with his Transfer dealings and his performances on the pitch.

It's baffling but, there ya go

Deleted member 101472

25 year old Fred has been ruined. Jesus wept man.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I thought he played very well. Very tidy in possession. Perhaps he needs to leave England for his own good, as the only thing I can possibly think people could have issue with tonight is him not sprinting continuously. He kept the ball under pressure, created a great chance, linked with teammates and had a couple of decent shots. I’ve seen him play better for sure, but the game was slow paced and I’m not Sure where he was supposed to be running to.

predator

Youth NITK
It's one of them with Pogba. You just know if we sold him now to a big club he would play out of his skin and show what he's capable of and we would all be moaning about letting him go.
The fact is he's not playing incredibly for us but who is?

I'm at the point now where I'm certain our club needs a major revamp from the manager to the board to the owners. The players are just possessions that we've accumulated over the previous decade.

We're fecked

Devil may care

I haven't read the thread, the agenda in the media and via the manager against Pogba is disgraceful, but tonight he was ok, nothing more until the last 20 minutes when we started to attack more, then he forced a save from the keeper and created a good chance for Mata.

kr0nix

I haven't read the thread, the agenda in the media and via the manager against Pogba is disgraceful, but tonight he was ok, nothing more until the last 20 minutes when we started to attack more, then he forced a save from the keeper and created a good chance for Mata.
Like most of our players, he shines when we're on the front foot and not when we are plodding around in mid/low block waiting for the opposition to lose the ball.

Devil may care

Like most of our players, he shines when we're on the front foot and not when we are plodding around in mid/low block waiting for the opposition to lose the ball.
Agreed, Mourinho's excuse for everything is that we can't play attacking football because the defense isn't good enough, but that's horseshit, there are teams with average CB's like us that instead play to their strengths in attack, we have some quality in attack but are coached and conditioned to play with fear.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Getting away with his bad performances. If this was Modric or Kante, everyone would be saying he's overrated and not world class.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He shot directly at the keeper when it would have been easier to put it in at the post, to be fair.

el3mel

From my perspective, from what I read on here...

I'm supposed to be looking at a player who is out of this world, as good as Messi or Zidane.
The reality is, Messi dragged teams, especially Argentina in the 2014 WC to finals on his own. Zidane, on his last legs, dragged France to a WC final in 2006, on his own.

I've been reading on here, for the best part 9 years now how great he is, how he'll be the best midfielder of the 21st century so far, how he'll lead us to glory and go down as a club legend.

Reality is, he sulked his way out of the club in 2012, he was decent/good in a class Juventus team, he's been hot and cold for France, he's been jeered by the French supporters on occasions, he has had some bits of conflict with Deschamps within the French camp, he had a decent/good WC in the summer, he's been mostly cold for us...

The Paul Pogba I've seen since about 2010/11 isn't the Paul Pogba I read about on here. I guess in that sense I am very disappointed

But the most baffling thing is, the excuses that are made for him by some on here. He has Eric Cantona levels of being untouchable for some people. Difference is, Eric achieved a lot more for us than Pogba has and Eric kick started a revolution at the club.
Wayne Rooney, all time top goalscorer for the club and proper legend, who won everything with us, gets and got more abuse than Pogba, for a lot less than what Pogba did and does, in the media, with his Transfer dealings and his performances on the pitch.

It's baffling but, there ya go
Great post. Exactly my views on him. I defended him a lot in his first season when he was hitting hot and cold but I got bored at some point. Not sure how can anyone not get bored as well.

ForestRGoinUp

No he needs footballers around him not boulders and kick and run merchants. He’d be a novelty act in this team.

You the one absolving the manager for all our players looking like shit?

Holocene

He's by far our best outfield player.

If we were at the level of Spurs or Arsenal (never mind City or Liverpool) with an XI performing well but Pogba continuing this form, I'd absolutely be open to selling him. But that's not the reality. Our entire team is playing poorly. It's a team that has zero identity, a team without any inkling on how to attack or work together. That's all on Mourinho.

I guarantee every fickle fan on here calling him shite would be the first to call for Woodward's head when he shows his world-class ability at Barca.

Selling him would be a huge mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.