Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That header was something else. I didn't know he had it in his locker. Some say it's like Keano vs Juve, but that reminds me of Scholes doing regularly on his peak/younger days.

Anna Landrum

In love with this guy, so glad he is here and let's hope he will stay for a long time, it's not because of his last performance but because of his talent and creativity. My brother is a big Juventus fan and he used to laugh at me when Pogba signs there for a free. Also, he used to laugh at me when we get him back for 100M, but now we all know that it was the best way to spend 100M

Pass and Move

I really think he's the best midfielder in the world, and comfortably so at that.

'Best' likely needs some qualification, in which case I'd say certainly the most talented, capable, but this not necessarily the same as most effective across the majority of matches. I think he can improve in certain scenarios for sure, but I would not swap hm for any other midfielder in the world. His goals and assists, resistance to pressing, and ability to contribute so many types of pass add up to the being the best IMO. Still, just like Xavi and Iniesta, he requires the right sort of teammates to shine, whereas Modric could likely maintain his level in a greater variation of teams.

Let us enjoy him while we can.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Be interesting to see how Pogba and Sanchez playout.
Hopefully Sanchez coming deep was Jose instructing him to do so.
I'd expect Sanchez to just take Lingards position from tonight.
Pogba would and should get the same creative freedom if that's the case.

Janson

Regarding Pogba's haircuts affecting his game, that is if anyone actually believes this. I remember Florent Malouda changing haircuts every single game, and I think that was the season when Chelsea won the double and were scoring a ridiculous amount of goals. It didn't seem to take anything away from his game. And he was probably one of their best players that season.

Janson

Be interesting to see how Pogba and Sanchez playout.
Hopefully Sanchez coming deep was Jose instructing him to do so.
I know everyone has been better since Jose left, but I doubt Sanchez will return to anywhere near the level we thought he would be at.

Janson

I really think he's the best midfielder in the world, and comfortably so at that.

'Best' likely needs some qualification, in which case I'd say certainly the most talented, capable, but this not necessarily the same as most effective across the majority of matches. I think he can improve in certain scenarios for sure, but I would not swap hm for any other midfielder in the world. His goals and assists, resistance to pressing, and ability to contribute so many types of pass add up to the being the best IMO. Still, just like Xavi and Iniesta, he requires the right sort of teammates to shine, whereas Modric could likely maintain his level in a greater variation of teams.

Let us enjoy him while we can.
That's what I think it is. Imagine Pogba in a team with a world class attack in front of him.

Shark

@NotShark
Regarding Pogba's haircuts affecting his game, that is if anyone actually believes this. I remember Florent Malouda changing haircuts every single game, and I think that was the season when Chelsea won the double and were scoring a ridiculous amount of goals. It didn't seem to take anything away from his game. And he was probably one of their best players that season.
Malouda was such a beast in that 09/10 season, then I remember him turning to shite.

Janson

Malouda was such a beast in that 09/10 season, then I remember him turning to shite.
Yeah, I think he was dropped when AVB came. I always liked him though. I remember hearing people making fun of his haircuts, but some will always try to put down players who dare to express themselves.

Janson

Its still up to fans to be objective about the players and also the manager. So if fans turned on players, they are responsible for it, it was their choice
I don't know if there is such a thing as an objective fan.

Janson

As a general point it's not true that Makelele can't be accused of racism. Black people are also vulnerable to the same racist ideology ingrained in so many aspects of western society.
That's highly unlikely though.

DBT85

I know everyone has been better since Jose left, but I doubt Sanchez will return to anywhere near the level we thought he would be at.
I think we could be surprised. Pogba and Sanchez playing in the same team and both actually playing football with the likes of Rash and Martial around too could work wonders.

Considering how stale everyone else looked under Mou, I'll reserve judgement on Sanchez until he's had time to shine like everyone else without Mou casting his shadow.

Janson

The responsibility is theirs is the point.
Of course. But I'm guessing Mourinho did have some influence on some of the fans. Both on the Pogba critics and Pogba's defenders. Some are easily influenced.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Of course. But I'm guessing Mourinho did have some influence on the fans. Both on the Pogba critics and Pogba's defenders.
Again if fans took a stance thats on them not Jose

Janson

Again if fans took a stance thats on them not Jose
Yes. You can't claim the fans were brainwashed and can't think for themselves, which some are obviously doing on here. All I'm saying is that Jose might have had some influence on some of the fans. That doesn't mean they are basing their opinions solely on that.

el3mel

Things didn't go well most time tonight but still had some class moments.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
One of those games, nothing really came off. Still an absolute monster.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I put him in my fantasy team so apologies for jinxing him everyone.

Walters_19_MuFc

Didn't have the best of games today. It's always hard to maintain such a high level he has set in his last few games and away vs Newcastle is always a tough test.

Felt as the game went on, he became frustrated and did too much. He does this sometimes. He needs to trust players around him more.

Had some decent moments, though, and it was good to see him making lung bursting runs at the end to try and grab himself a goal.

Snafu17

He's mindbogglingly athletic. Genuinely ridiculous. Basically a perfect human.

Art

Art the artist
Not a bad performance at all. He is still crucial to our attacking play and that much is evident. I'd like to think that Shelvey might've been banned from the human realm had he tried that same tackle on someone like Kane or Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.