Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Didn’t quite happen for him, the lack of any width on right hand side really killed our attacking play. But he kept going and put in a decent shift which was good to see.

KennyBurner

Not a bad performance. Still Ole needs to tell him to keep it simple. Everything doesn’t have to be fun. Keep it simple and think more about the team instead of silly tricks.

Jib

Not as good as his last 2 games but not the same players around him too. No easy with Mata and Sanchez who want to play in the same spot than him.

saivet

Rest him against Reading and hopefully he will be back firing against Spurs!

laughtersassassin

Good performance. Did his job. Drew fouls. Won the ball back for our second goal. For most midfielders, people would say a 7/10 solid game but will be interesting to see what people say.

Also important to note no one was stellar like the previous matches due to the nature of the game.

Loublaze

ATLien
Not a bad performance. Still Ole needs to tell him to keep it simple. Everything doesn’t have to be fun. Keep it simple and think more about the team instead of silly tricks.
I watched the game but what did I miss?

mewnew11

Newcastle were double teaming and closing down today. I think Paul's games is effected when we start mata who keeps coming into his areas and makes it congested for the team.

There is no outball since Valencia just looks a shadow of a player he was.

marktan

Looked a lot more tired tonight, as did a lot of the team. A rest will do them good before the Spurs match I feel.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nothing. He and Herrera looked tired, less dynamic but they both did their job to a good level and Pogba allowed the second goal by winning the ball.

Loublaze

ATLien
Nothing. He and Herrera looked tired, less dynamic but they both did their job to a good level and Pogba allowed the second goal by winning the ball.
I was trying to find out what the poster meant by 'silly tricks' as I didn't see anything like that during the game.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We need to stop this shit with Valencia being captain. Pogba is captain of this team.
Also i loved how he did Roy Keane to Voldermort

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I was trying to find out what the poster meant by 'silly tricks' as I didn't see anything like that during the game.
That's why I said nothing, he didn't try silly tricks, he tried quick passes when under pressure some didn't come off but it has nothing to do with silly tricks.

KennyBurner

A simple pass to rashford that would have put him through on goal just before that dangerous tackle from Shelby. He tried to pass it with the OUTSIDE of his foot which then got intercepted. Mind you we had not scored yet. These little things our what amount to silly draws and lost opportunities. He needs to take the game more seriously is basically my point.

Doracle

Not great tonight - still has some flaws when put under pressure and execution was slightly wayward at times. However, never stopped trying and that run at the end was immense. If that’s his new “low” level then I can cope with that. Hopefully gets a rest against Reading and puts in an awe-inspiring display against Spurs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not great tonight but meh still won so don't really care

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They put everything into shutting down Pogba and Martial it felt like, was hard to get them the ball in space but thought both did pretty well. Not as involved, but played their part. Nothing to complain about really. Far better than his low/quiet games while Mourinho was boss anyway....

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looked tired, the whole team did but those Newcastle players were targeting him.

Canagel

Glad he stood up to that cnut Shelvey. would've been icing on the cake to seal our victory at the end but unlucky not to score.

Baxter

A lot of the criticism was that he sometimes didn’t dig in when things weren’t going his way. He did tonight and I thought on the whole, he was good. He can’t score 2 every week, so backing it up with a solid performance away from home can’t be a bad thing.

Jib

They put everything into shutting down Pogba and Martial it felt like, was hard to get them the ball in space but thought both did pretty well. Not as involved, but played their part. Nothing to complain about really. Far better than his low/quiet games while Mourinho was boss anyway....
It's easy to defend against Pogba and Martial if there is no threat on the right side...

Jib

Don’t like his position too much.
me too, when the team is static, it's easy to defend against him
it was better against bournemouth with Young on the right and Lingard making runs...

Red Stone

Gained about two points in the ratings when he rinsed Shelvey. Keano-esque, and couldn't have done it to a more deserving prick. Other than that it was a fairly quiet game from him. Our lack of options on the right and Newcastle's shithouse tactics were always going to make it a difficult game for him to leave his mark on.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
me too, when the team is static, it's easy to defend against him
it was better against bournemouth with Young on the right and Lingard making runs...
We just don’t want Pogba receiving the ball with his back to goal all the time. We want him coming on to things, the game in front of him, not behind him.

cyberman

He really had to play that little pass square to Lukaku at the end, especially if he sees the keeper rushing out.
Years of sweaty FIFA goals have taught me that

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
A simple pass to rashford that would have put him through on goal just before that dangerous tackle from Shelby. He tried to pass it with the OUTSIDE of his foot which then got intercepted. Mind you we had not scored yet. These little things our what amount to silly draws and lost opportunities. He needs to take the game more seriously is basically my point.
So an outside of the foot pass is a silly trick now? I've seen him give a couple of fantastic assists this way. He just missed, it happens.

Probably a bit drained tonight but still crucial to the team. The way the players were all stacked on the left was quite ridiculous though but they should learn to let Pogba be where he wants to be and occupy the rest of the pitch.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He really had to play that little pass square to Lukaku at the end, especially if he sees the keeper rushing out.
Years of sweaty FIFA goals have taught me that
In fifa you'd have shot the keeper hard and Lukaku would have scored with the deflected ball ^^

Trizy

Sickened for him he didn't get that goal. Wasn't his best game by any stretch but was still decent at times.

mancan92

He was good today. Kept the ball moving, defended when needed. Won the freekick that led to the goal and surprised one has mentioned he won the ball back which started the counter for the second.

edcunited1878

If today was a sign of Pogba's floor, as in a 6, 6.5 match rating, we would take that on a consistent basis knowing the past 3 matches aee his 8, 9 match ratings. He didn't score or assist, but he battled in midfield, continued to close down players late in the match, got forward late in the match and stood up when it got hairy with Shelvy.

Deserved break during the weekend

Jib

We just don’t want Pogba receiving the ball with his back to goal all the time. We want him coming on to things, the game in front of him, not behind him.
I disagree.
His best season for Juventus was as AM/LM in 2015-2016 with Allegri. And his best form for us was in the last few games with Ole in a similar position not really 10 but slightly on the left in front of 2 midfielders. It's his best position but today he wasn't as good because we gave up our right side to Newcastle, the team became more static, the opponent could defend more easily on Pogba ( Martial and Rashford too ) because of that...

The best Pogba didn't play under Conte, Deschamps or Mourinho as DM/LCM but with Allegri and now Ole by playing him further forward :)

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He was very good today, unlucky a few times. I gave him an 8. He got dog’s abuse from Shelvey and Lascelles.

Status
Not open for further replies.