Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Didn’t agree with Ole’s decision to start him from the left. You want your best player in the middle getting on the ball as much as possible. His performance never got going today.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm always the first to defend him, but he was well poor today. Tried too hard, lost the ball and got frustrated again. He'll come good again, no doubt. Hope fans don't go over the top with criticism

Patrick08

Don't know what he needs. A rest? he's had that and it's the same. Maybe it's just one of his bad patches. We need him and Lukaku to have their good patches till the end of the season. And Rashford to start playing proper.
He needs freedom that's it. When the manager doesn't allow it, he us average which is the case in every big game we play.

He isn't a top most level playmaker when defensive duties are loaded on to him.

Patrick08

I'm always the first to defend him, but he was well poor today. Tried too hard, lost the ball and got frustrated again. He'll come good again, no doubt. Hope fans don't go over the top with criticism
I am sure he will be good again against minnows but it's every big game he's meh which is a worry.

Trizy

Worst game in an United shirt? Can't say the same for PSG home game because of the tactics used on him, it happens the best. But as for today? God awful.

Looked too relaxed on the ball.

NinjaFletch

I didn't like his starting position, but I don't think it's much to blame for a poor performance. It's hard to put into words, but there's just something with Pogba that you can pretty much tell whether he's going to ace it or be anonymous after about 60 seconds of the match before he's even touched the ball.

The first 60 seconds he just moped about the pitch today with his slightly odd limp/walk and I thought 'ah right, Pogba doesn't fancy it today'. Disappointing, with the rest midweek we needed him to take the bull by the horns.

Ace of Spades

Very poor second half, completely lost all composure and got more sloppy as his frustration grew.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He needs freedom that's it. When the manager doesn't allow it, he us average which is the case in every big game we play.

He isn't a top most level playmaker when defensive duties are loaded on to him.
Oh come on, it's such a lazy excuse. Basically you can explain everything with that and no one can argue. He was high up the pitch plenty of times today. It wasn't PSG at home.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Pogba is a flat track bully, the myth will never die :lol:

Ignore all the good games vs top teams and point out bad ones, come to the conclusion.

PlayerOne

I am sure he will be good again against minnows but it's every big game he's meh which is a worry.
What? Have you even been watching Pogba? He does well in big games for us, look back at this thread, he was just poor today, so was the team too. This myth needs to die off.

PlayerOne

Ignore all the good games vs top teams and point out bad ones, come to the conclusion.
I'm so tired of it, it's the same every time he has a poor game. When he plays well in the other good games it gets overlooked and forgotten so quickly.

Devil may care

Wasn't in the game when he was out on the left wing, and we got a foothold in the first half when he moved into the hole behind the strikers, he tried to make things happen but like with almost everyone today it just didn't quite come off.

Adam-Utd

He needs to play as the 10 in big games. Give him a solid foundation behind him.

While he can do the work horse midfield stuff he’s just not great at it. His risky passing is better suited higher up the field and not as the last man.

hopefully once we get Herrera back they’ll revert back to type.

I appreciate ole trying to give Rashford and Lukaku game time, but in big games it’s not really working.

Tomuś

He is a mixed bag against top teams. Not a flat track bully but he does have stinkers sometimes. If anyone bothered to sum up his performances in the big ones it would probably be 50/50. Not too worrying given the state of our football pre-Solskjaer but plenty of room for improvement.

roonster09

Scout
I'm so tired of it, it's the same every time he has a poor game. When he plays well in the other good games it gets overlooked and forgotten so quickly.
It's the same posters, they hide when he plays well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Played that ridiculous pass (I think in the first half?). Like the others though, struggled to keep up with the game I thought, for some reason.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No show in yet another big game. Not surprising at all. Kept it simple but it was not the time to be simple with us chasing the game.
He's arguably been our best player in our previous two visits to the Emirates, but ok.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Off today. Poor. You can tell within minutes with him. Oh well. Odd one that, since it was Arsenal.

Patrick08

What? Have you even been watching Pogba? He does well in big games for us, look back at this thread, he was just poor today, so was the team too. This myth needs to die off.
Which big games apart from Chelsea in fa cup or Tottenham in few moments he has shined?

mu4c_20le

He was our only creative outlet from midfield.. whoever says he disappeared, didn't watch the game today simple as

Tomuś

Not long ago we had a thread titled 'Pogba's the best midfielder in the world' or something. It's not forgotten quickly. Considering other players get lambasted after one game on here, he's had 3 or 4 quiet/poor ones now. Nothing too unfair to say he was poor today. Still a great player and will show it.

Fracture90

Quite poor today, he was not involved as much as he should have been, often too deep and too isolated at times.

PlayerOne

Which big games apart from Chelsea in fa cup or Tottenham in few moments he has shined?
I'm not going to list all the games, but recently he was good against Liverpool and was excellent against Arsenal away in the FA Cup. Funny how that's forgotten or that doesn't count?

roonster09

Scout
Not long ago we had a thread titled 'Pogba's the best midfielder in the world' or something. It's not forgotten quickly. Considering other players get lambasted after one game on here, he's had 3 or 4 quiet/poor ones now. Nothing too unfair to say he was poor today. Still a great player and will show it.
He has 2 quiet games, this one and Southampton one. Before that he was on red hot form. He played deeper vs Liverpool and Palace, did well in that role.

It's just 2 games.

PlayerOne

Spot on, he was poor today but it's not a theme or something, he was good last time we played Arsenal away. Just a poor game along with half the team, it happens.

El Jefe

Becomes too petulant when things aren't going his way. Can never be a captain with that sort of attitude.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Victim of circumstance. We know what brings the best out of Pogba. We didn't do it. We've seen since the Matic and Herrera injuries Pogba is a lesser force without others giving him a platform. The whole thing wasn't right from the first whistle.

el3mel

I didn't like his starting position, but I don't think it's much to blame for a poor performance. It's hard to put into words, but there's just something with Pogba that you can pretty much tell whether he's going to ace it or be anonymous after about 60 seconds of the match before he's even touched the ball.

The first 60 seconds he just moped about the pitch today with his slightly odd limp/walk and I thought 'ah right, Pogba doesn't fancy it today'. Disappointing, with the rest midweek we needed him to take the bull by the horns.
That has been my problem with him for ever. Problem with Pogba is you never know what he's going to offer tonight. He can be an absolute ace or can be invisible. Don't know how he switches on and off that easily.

Last edited:

Tomuś

He has 2 quiet games, this one and Southampton one. Before that he was on red hot form. He played deeper vs Liverpool and Palace, did well in that role.

It's just 2 games.
He wasn't his best self against Palace. I think he was fantastic pre-Liverpool, v.responsible against the scousers and then started declining. I get a feeling he's physically drained, though. Maybe some little, niggling injury or something. Doesn't look himself. Ole's had to squeeze our best players to get any chance of salvaging the season to be fair. Pogba and Rashford look as if they weren't 100% fit but fit enough not to be sidelined. That's why I though his rest against PSG would help (it may well do still).

Patrick08

@PlayerOne I insist please do list. Liverpool was not a top performance creative wise as well. He doesn't do both jobs of defending and attacking well together. One area of the game always suffers.

roonster09

Scout
I insist please do list. Liverpool was not a top performance creative wise as well. He doesn't do both jobs of defending and attacking well together. One area of the game always suffers.
Football is a team game, no player does everything. Pogba can't dictate game, defend, attack all by himself. That's why we have Herrera, Matic to play alongside him.

Patrick08

That has been my problem with him for ever. Problem with Pogba is you never know what he's going to offer tonight. He can absolute ace or can be invisible. Don't know how he switches on and off that easily.
I do think given the strength of city we do need to spread our interdependency on him with another creative playmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.