Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

In truth, for a world class player, he did nothing today. He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either. McTominay and Fred were much better than him.

Hawks2008

Transferred his powers over to Scotty I see.

He was pretty alright when he had the ball, didn't think he impacted the game enough though. Our forwards were shocking today so I'm not going to be too harsh on our midfielders.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very surprising and also unsurprising consensus of criticism. In no way did he have a bad game tonight.

Paul_Scholes18

In truth, for a world class player, he did nothing today. He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either. McTominay and Fred were much better than him.
He had a similar game to Messi really with the difference that Messi had one great pass for the goal they got.

Classical Mechanic

I am really baffled by this place sometimes. Players such as Rashford are being slaughtered, after coming back from injury and illness, while Pogba is being given a free pass.

For me he is a coward. Didnt get on the ball, left it up to Fred to do all the playmaking, never really got stuck in. A flick here, some fancy footwark there is good enough for people these days it seems. Great players rise up and perform in the big stage. Pogba @ Man United has failed to do it time after time.

You can have all the skill in the world but if you don’t have the heart then you are not a Manchester United player.
It was another weak performance in a big game. Weird tonight as Scott and Fred were winning the midfield battle.

LJJT

He won’t get in Barca or Madrid team. If they want to pay silly money for him then let them have him

Baxter

People fine with that performance must have pretty low expectations from our best player nowadays.

Underwhelming.
I wonder if Barca fans are ripping into Busquets, Messi, Rakitic, Suarez et al after their performances?

Solid, apart from giving away the foul, but just missing the final ball (like the rest of the team). We played Barca and could’ve easily came away with something and people are still saying sell him and he’s a passenger.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very surprising and also unsurprising consensus of criticism. In no way did he have a bad game tonight.
He didn't. He had decent game, kept the ball well and his distribution was fine.

el3mel

I wonder if Barca fans are ripping into Busquets, Messi, Rakitic, Suarez et al after their performances?
Why ? They got the win away from home playing in second gear. Didn't even need to break the sweat. By all means they didn't need to put much effort with how poor we're.

On the other hand we were the home team, losing and supposed to attack, create and score.

Difference is really clear when evaluating both cases.

FujiVice

Got a sense he'll get his big move to Barca or Real and he'll be one of those bombs that we'd be linked with, because he's not the main man.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I'm sure the 43 goals and 21 assists Messi has and the 24 goals and 11 assists Suarez has this season somewhat cushioned the blow of their "performances" tonight...

Plus, they won tonight so why would they complain?

SER19

Average. Another big game passes him by and outshone by Fred and mctominay by far

Baxter

Why ? They got the win away from home playing in second gear. Didn't even need to break the sweat. By all means they didn't need to put much effort with how poor we're.

On the other hand we were the home team, losing and supposed to attack, create and score.

Difference is really clear when evaluating both cases.
But looking at your posts McTominay was fantastic? But he didn’t score or create anything from midfield?

I'm sure the 43 goals and 21 assists Messi has and the 24 goals and 11 assists Suarez has this season somewhat cushioned the blow of their "performances" tonight...

Plus, they won tonight so why would they complain?
True, but the needless criticism of a player who had a solid game is ridiculous. Reading drivel like he was a passenger feck sake :lol:

Infestissumam

it wasn't a bad performance in isolation, it's just that you simply expect more of him. He was outshone by McTominay and Fred, and for a player of Pogbas class and standing that's just not good enough. United need him to step up in important games and he simply doesn't. Very frustrating.

el3mel

But looking at your posts McTominay was fantastic? But he didn’t score or create anything from midfield?
:lol:

Scott was supposed to do the defensive and dirty work in midfield. Pogba was supposed to be the player to take our attack forward. A clear difference, again.

You can be fine with this. He wasn't typically bad, but underwhelming from our best player in a game we were losing that he hardly impacted the game except for 1 or 2 moments. Again, you can be totally fine with that. It just shows how rock bottom the expectation from some for our best player is currently.

Hammondo

I thought he was supposed to be world class, way above the rest of our team whom are supposed to be holding him back. Every team in the world are fighting over him and hes a future ballon d'or winner.

Copa Mundial

People need to stop making excuses for Pogba!

Another game he had little influence on. Yeah he did ok, but ok is not enough for a £90m player!

Please stop blaming others around him for HIS poor performances.

Both Fred and McT were able to step up on the day, so why couldn't Pogba do the same.

Jeez he was comprehensively outplayed tonight by Fred who has been ridiculed ever since joining Utd.

Still also the laziest player I've ever seen in a Utd shirt!

youmeletsfly

It was another weak performance in a big game. Weird tonight as Scott and Fred were winning the midfield battle.
Question is upfront I think. He did have a few touch while facing the goal but our forwards seemed tk play too much through the middle at times.

He was a 6/10 tonight. Not good but not bad I think.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

True, but the needless criticism of a player who had a solid game is ridiculous. Reading drivel like he was a passenger feck sake :lol:
It's not ridiculous really when you think about it though.

He's a majorly inconsistent player, who flirts with the idea of leaving and flirts with other clubs, we then have posters on here, coming across almost as if he's a hybrid of Scholes and Keane, so when he puts in average performances like tonight, people are going to vent their anger in his direction.

I have no opinion tbh

Rashford needs a kick up the arse though.

shahzy

Take pogba out and this side is complete buns. One of the few people in the team that have skill and look at how people are praising Mctominay because he runs and gives it his all but deep down he will never be good enough if you want to be a top team. Really shows that the old English mentality of praising graft over skill is still well and truly alive. The guy didn't have a great game but he didn't gave a bad game and some are acting like he had a bad game because they expect him to score some sort of worldie assist or goal?

I mean even Messi didn't do that and he's obviously more skilled than Pogba

Reactions: Sultan

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm convinced people don't actually pay attention to the game these days. They just look at the result and assist/goal stats and come on here with opinions on the way the game went.

Patrick08

Scott and fred were both better than him, he was not bad, but not that good as well. 6 out of 10 for me.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Scott was supposed to do the defensive and dirty work in midfield. Pogba was supposed to be the player to take our attack forward. A clear difference, again.

You can be fine with this. He wasn't typically bad, but underwhelming from our best player in a game we were losing that he hardly impacted the game except for 1 or 2 moments. Again, you can be totally fine with that. It just shows how rock bottom the expectation from some for our best player is currently.
He and the midfield consistently drove us forward. They cannot be blamed for Young's persistent failure to properly utilize the acres of space they created for him. Nor Rashford and an out if position Dalot being repeatedly ineffective in good attacking situations

Steerpike

Was alright, better than of late.
Yes, I agree, but I think we have higher expectations. It wasn't that long ago he was being lauded by many on here as the best midfielder in the world, but tonight he was the third best midfielder in our team. I really had expected him to have a big game this evening, but it wasn't to be.

Canagel

Barce midfielders didn't impact the game. Not by asssits or scoring. And Messi was off his normal game. The gap in quality showed in the two attacks. Not the middle.

Baxter

He was the link player and got the ball out to Young and Shaw numerous times and followed into the box. He didn’t score, he didn’t assist. Neither did anyone else. Did we look outclassed in the middle? Not a chance you carry a passenger against Barca in midfield and match up well.

Anyway it’s a waste of time. I don’t think I’ve ever read anything positive about Pogba posted by you.

el3mel

He and the midfield consistently drove us forward. They cannot be blamed for Young's persistent failure to properly utilize the acres of space they created for him. Nor Rashford and an out if position Dalot being repeatedly ineffective in good attacking situations
I criticized all of this too and even harsher than Pogba. Still I don't find any problem in expecting more from Pogba. As I said, not typically bad but didn't do much either, and that's not what's expected from him in big games, as far as I'm concerned.

Infra-red

Yes, I agree, but I think we have higher expectations. It wasn't that long ago he was being lauded by many on here as the best midfielder in the world, but tonight he was the third best midfielder in our team. I really had expected him to have a big game this evening, but it wasn't to be.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.