Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It doesn't matter. Our midfield and their mjdfjeld were on a par. Of which Pogba was a part of. For too long people asked for mature version of Pogba that does a midfield job when we mention his output and now he didn't have a output but produced a midfield performance people is still complaining. What do you guys actually want? We had Young fecking up all the crosses and strikers who cant finish their dinner yet PP didn't win the match so he's the problem?
His performance doesn't matter because Fred and McTominay was better and Young fecked up crosses. Dude, Pogba was supposed to be our creator in the middle offensively. He didn't do his job at all. If you want to talk about a real midfield performance, well that is certainly not it. I'm not mad that he didn't have output, it would probably get his confidence going to play a bit better but realistically that would only be covering over a huge problem with him and that is his mentality. It is just bad.

My problem with that performance is that he has no excuses left, and he still seem to be waiting for the game to come to him. In some games, and especially at the highest level, in the Champions League you just have to take your game to your opponents. Pogba is simply not capable of that and has proven in time and time again. It is crazy with that amount of talent to have such a horrible attitude about working for the team. He has good pace and power but doesn't run or enforce himself enough in duels. He has a decent technique in tackling even, but he doesn't tackle. He has a great passing range but doesn't spread the play enough. He has great vision but hesitates on the ball. All his skills and talent equals up to nothing but the occasional hollywood moment if the mental aspect is not in balance.

Terrible performance and effort from probably the second most naturally talented boy on the pitch. Imagine if he had the mental strength of Messi. The consistency and drive to be the best you can be and not to depend on others for approval or dismissal to perform.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Give him Griezmann and Mbappe up front and he’s a completely different player. This is our biggest problem in a nutshell. We must buy at least one world class forward in the summer as well as the mythical right-winger...

tomaldinho1

He was ok, against all the top teams he fades in and out of games. How much of that is his fault is debatable but I suspect he's just nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. A good player but shouldn't be spoken about in the same bracket as the world's best.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not sure what Pogba did wrong tonight. Played a disciplined role for the team, which minimised the chance of Barca breaking behind him. I expect we will see more freedom and creativity from him on Saturday,

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Clearly you watched the match drunk. Ambling my foot...

Time and again he supplied Young acres of space to cross from which he wasted. On at least 3 key occasions Rashford especially wasted excellent final their passes from him on the counter.

I don't even have to mention the counter attack in first half that young killed with the blindest cross in the universe, with Pogba bursting a gut to ghost in unmarked into the box just to have the run end of bring for naught.

He also won us free kicks that we wasted.

He constantly kept switching our play intelligently whenever Fred and McTominay win back possession too.

Anyone claiming he had a poor game really needs their bloody head examined
Honestly mate give up. I think the Football IQ on the caf is at the lowest point I can remember. People just don’t know what they’re watching, most of it’s through hating eyes.

I seriously don’t get what they want him to do? dribble 4 players and smash it top corner and then they’d say he was average?

It’s the same usual characters that just say “rubbish sell him to Madrid” after every game.

Our midfield tonight was fine, upfront was awful and the fullbacks gave us 0 going forward, that’s why we failed score.

Barca dropped off in the 2nd half and shut the space in the middle which is why he got quieter, but his overall level with the ball was fine all game. Only the weirdos in here are calling him out.

Canagel

His performance doesn't matter because Fred and McTominay was better and Young fecked up crosses. Dude, Pogba was supposed to be our creator in the middle offensively. He didn't do his job at all. If you want to talk about a real midfield performance, well that is certainly not it. I'm not mad that he didn't have output, it would probably get his confidence going to play a bit better but realistically that would only be covering over a huge problem with him and that is his mentality. It is just bad.

My problem with that performance is that he has no excuses left, and he still seem to be waiting for the game to come to him. In some games, and especially at the highest level, in the Champions League you just have to take your game to your opponents. Pogba is simply not capable of that and has proven in time and time again. It is crazy with that amount of talent to have such a horrible attitude about working for the team. He has good pace and power but doesn't run or enforce himself enough in duels. He has a decent technique in tackling even, but he doesn't tackle. He has a great passing range but doesn't spread the play enough. He has great vision but hesitates on the ball. All his skills and talent equals up to nothing but the occasional hollywood moment if the mental aspect is not in balance.

Terrible performance and effort from probably the second most naturally talented boy on the pitch. Imagine if he had the mental strength of Messi. The consistency and drive to be the best you can be and not to depend on others for approval or dismissal to perform.
What do you mean he didn't enforce in duels or run? He caused three or four fouls on free kicks just from duels alone. Whenever he got the ball he used it intelligently no real overplaying and spreading the plan when necessary etc. You didn't watch the game clearly but no matter. It's obvious people doesn't know what they want from Pogba yet.

dirkey

Honestly mate give up. I think the Football IQ on the caf is at the lowest point I can remember. People just don’t know what they’re watching, most of it’s through hating eyes.

I seriously don’t get what they want him to do? dribble 4 players and smash it top corner and then they’d say he was average?

It’s the same usual characters that just say “rubbish sell him to Madrid” after every game.

Our midfield tonight was fine, upfront was awful and the fullbacks gave us 0 going forward, that’s why we failed score.

Barca dropped off in the 2nd half and shut the space in the middle which is why he got quieter, but his overall level with the ball was fine all game. Only the weirdos in here are calling him out.
Haha. So much arrogance in one post. At least those of us who think he had a bad game, we can say just that. We don't need to claim we're footballing savants, with far superior footballing IQ than the rest of the weirdos in here. What a twattish post.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
What do you mean he didn't enforce in duels or run? He caused three or four fouls on free kicks just from duels alone. Whenever he got the ball he used it intelligently no real overplaying and spreading the plan when necessary etc. You didn't watch the game clearly but no matter. It's obvious people doesn't know what they want from Pogba yet.
:lol: Allright

Cliche Guevara

I can be quite critical of him but he played pretty well tonight. Probably still below the level we should be expecting in a game like this, but not too far.

TsuWave

Uhm .. nope. That's not what I'm going with. I watched the game. That is basically what I'm going with. After that, I come here and see that my fellow red cafe internet weirdos agree, in the majority that he was bad. I also looked up some ratings to see he was bad, after reading people such as yourselves claiming those of us who saw the truth need our heads examined.
as i thought, shameless.

Adam-Utd

Haha. So much arrogance in one post. At least those of us who think he had a bad game, we can say just that. We don't need to claim we're footballing savants, with far superior footballing IQ than the rest of the weirdos in here. What a twattish post.
Your opinion is yours, but calling that a bad performance against Barcelona of all people is just idiotic. The only guy who had a stinker tonight was Rashford.

What exactly did you think pogba did badly?

norm87cro

I am not going to bash him aldo I'm not his fan boy like some of you lot. I'm just going to say if you're the worlds most expensive midfielder than this is the type of game you are supposed to show up. The paycheck, the cars, the girls, the hair, and all the fuss that comes with him is acceptable if he delivers in this type of games. It comes with the territory. It is simple as that and no amount of rationalization from some of you is going to change that. But he has a bleak chance to justify his status in six days so I really hope he does something special at the Camp Nou

dirkey

Your opinion is yours, but calling that a bad performance against Barcelona of all people is just idiotic. The only guy who had a stinker tonight was Rashford.

What exactly did you think pogba did badly?
He's paid to create things. He created nothing. He played a few nice looking balls out wide. He gave away a dismal free kick in the only moment he went back towards our goal. If he's not going to be getting on the ball and creating things, he needs to be offering us something with regard to winning back the ball, which he wasn't.

You know, you're right though. I guess he didn't do loads of things badly. Because he didn't do loads of things. He was anonymous. That's not good enough for our highly paid "world class" creative player, when he's basically given 2 guys to do all the legwork for him.

Also, yes. My opinion is mine. I don't respect being called a weirdo or an idiot for having said opinion. I don't believe people called you an idiot or weirdo for having yours. Perhaps someone did, I didn't see it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
In the second half and especially the last 15 minutes we had the possibility to go out and get that equaliser. Our plan worked very good. However, if one player is late or doesn't do his job then the whole team suffers. So many times we had to drop deep because of Pogba and his inability to work harder to chase the ball down with intent. The whole team suffers from it. One player moves to press and another does and we should have them cornered to make a mistake or win the ball, but then Pogba just stands there not anticipating anything and his man drops deep right past him to collect the ball to spread the play. Pogba realises, look down at his shoes, sulk then jog back. Rinse and repeat. This is what annoys me, not that he didn't make a final pass or whatever. He had his moments but him "putting in a real performance" is just making up excuses for why he wasn't doing more. If he was playing well, why didn't he look more happy with himself? After the game he looked like he had lost all confidence in his abilities, and he played like it too.

Barcelona were there for the taking, and Pogba didn't contribute to win the game. Yes, he helped to keep the ball, doing the easy stuff pretty well and not making any big mistakes, but he also went hiding far too much and didn't impose himself enough to find space and attack it in the final third. I thought he did well against Busquets most times, he had him in his pocket but he should have done that a lot more then and he had the opportunities and space if he wanted it. A Pogba on his game would have bossed a game like this and not recognising it as a bad performance doesn't bring justice to his talent and some of his performances this season. It doesn't. Why make up excuses?

dirkey

midfield performance= didn't win the game
Match winning performance= didn't control the game/luxury etc. so funny. You can only laugh at this point :lol:
Ole also said Sanchez will come good a few weeks back ;)

Adam-Utd

He's paid to create things. He created nothing. He played a few nice looking balls out wide. He gave away a dismal free kick in the only moment he went back towards our goal. If he's not going to be getting on the ball and creating things, he needs to be offering us something with regard to winning back the ball, which he wasn't.

You know, you're right though. I guess he didn't do loads of things badly. Because he didn't do loads of things. He was anonymous. That's not good enough for our highly paid "world class" creative player, when he's basically given 2 guys to do all the legwork for him.
he created in the first half.

The 2nd half all the space was on Young’s side, it’s not his fault young completely messed up every decent opportunity. Rashford and Lukaku had poor games and failed to hold the ball up, we never really got a chance to build a head of steam.

Unfortunately you’re just being unrealistic, expecting pogba to demolish a world class team all by himself. Not even the “greatest player ever” stood up tonight against a bang average team.

Teams know all you’ve got to do is stop pogba and you stop United. Unfortunately people don’t actually watch what’s happening on the pitch, they just see pogba hasn’t got an assist and think it’s a poor match, there’s much more to football than that. He was absolutely fine tonight.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
midfield performance= didn't win the game
Match winning performance= didn't control the game/luxury etc. so funny. You can only laugh at this point :lol:
I don't know what that is supposed to mean, sorry.

Walters_19_MuFc

I thought he was good tonight. Barca couldn't handle him when he received the ball in between the lines. Should have probably been found on more occasions, but I felt when he got it, he always looked to threaten and made the right choices.

dirkey

he created in the first half.

The 2nd half all the space was on Young’s side, it’s not his fault young completely messed up every decent opportunity. Rashford and Lukaku had poor games and failed to hold the ball up, we never really got a chance to build a head of steam.

Unfortunately you’re just being unrealistic, expecting pogba to demolish a world class team all by himself. Not even the “greatest player ever” stood up tonight against a bang average team.

Teams know all you’ve got to do is stop pogba and you stop United. Unfortunately people don’t actually watch what’s happening on the pitch, they just see pogba hasn’t got an assist and think it’s a poor match, there’s much more to football than that. He was absolutely fine tonight.
I don't believe I'm being unrealistic to expect some defensive effort from him, in our biggest game of the season? However, if those are the tactics, and he's being given license to have a free role, which he basically is, then, I don't think it's unrealistic to expect some penetration, or getting on the ball and imposing things, which he didn't do either.
I agree that the two lads up front weren't great, Lukaku in particular was brutal. But, do you think the service was there for them? I don't. And Pogba is supposed to be the one doing the serving. He was basically anonymous. Did nothing particularly of note, so I guess I can't say he had a "bad" game. But he did nothing, I expect more when someone is paid that much. Yes. Not unrealistic.

Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi etc ... they got paid big bucks and they influenced the biggest games repeatedly. Pogba doesn't. I hope he proves me wrong in the Nou Camp though, I'll be on here eating crow, happily.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
You guys need to stop reading comments in this place if these agenda posters are making you into snidey human beings. You can't have an opinion from how you perceived the game and criticise Pogba without being labeled or called an idiot and alike? Time to call time out on Pogba thread maybe for some of you guys?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
No no he didn't create anything. Didn't run for the shirt.
Sell him to Madrid please.
Oh god what is with the snideyness:lol: Are you fed up with trolls hating on Pogba or something? Sorry but it annoys me to go in here and have a look to read if anyone noticed what I did, or maybe get into a debate or something but all there is is this snidey simpleton posts having a moan about other moaners. Bragging about understanding football because you probably just love a player but not ready to get into a debate at the same time is quite something.

Adam-Utd

You guys need to stop reading comments in this place if these agenda posters are making you into snidey human beings. You can't have an opinion from how you perceived the game and criticise Pogba without being labeled or called an idiot and alike? Time to call time out on Pogba thread maybe for some of you guys?
Or just stop spouting endless rubbish just to suit your narrative? It’s pretty obvious you’ve got a big disliking for the guy for whatever reason, it clouds your judgement.

Put pogba In that Barca team tonight instead of rakitic and we’d have lost by way more - guarantee you that.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Or just stop spouting endless rubbish just to suit your narrative? It’s pretty obvious you’ve got a big disliking for the guy for whatever reason, it clouds your judgement.

Put pogba In that Barca team tonight instead of rakitic and we’d have lost by way more - guarantee you that.
How do you know? Have I not been in here on the regular praising Pogba when he has been good? Maybe I haven't I'm not sure. I don't think I've been much in here moaning about him either. He just disappoints me because I had very high hopes for him. Nothing can cloud my judgement ever, I will never admit to that. Not even a bad game, ever. No seriously, I don't feel biased at all with him. Hope that clears it up.

Pogba in that Barca team would be amazing. He'd hardly had to do anything, right it would be perfect for him. I have sympathy for Pogba he deserves so much better than Man Utd.:lol:

purgethefallen

People criticising him today must be on a wind up :lol:
People praising him today must be on a wind-up, Fred and McTom were both far better than him.

If people really do believe he was good today, their standards for a top player are far, far below mine and not a patch on what has gone before.

dirkey

You truly are shameless
I'm allowed have a different opinion on a player's performance than you. Remind me of the great 2 chances he created?

Lionel had a pretty average game. And yet, what did he do? Produce the one moment of quality to break the deadlock. That's what true superstars do. Pogba believes, as do plenty here, that he's a superstar. But in big games, he doesn't regularly produce. He was anonymous.

He was fouled a few times, and created 2 incredible chances according to some random internet stats guy. Wow.

Grande

It doesn't matter. Our midfield and their mjdfjeld were on a par. Of which Pogba was a part of. Maybe even better on a period of the game. For too long people asked for mature version of Pogba that does a midfield job when we mention his output and now he didn't have a output but produced a midfield performance people is still complaining. What do you guys actually want? We had Young fecking up all the crosses and two clown strikers who cant finish their dinner yet PP didn't win the match so he's the problem?
Agree. Our midfield has been weak in several of the games lately, with all three of Pogs, Matic and Herrera well under par. This game our midfield were perhaps the best part of a team in the game. Pogba was the best with the ball of the three, but Fred and McTommo impressed pretty much as well. He was the least effective defending, but put in a good shift and was understandably knackered the last ten.

Good scores to all three of them. If someone mentions money now I’ll bark.

Canagel

Oh god what is with the snideyness:lol: Are you fed up with trolls hating on Pogba or something? Sorry but it annoys me to go in here and have a look to read if anyone noticed what I did, or maybe get into a debate or something but all there is is this snidey simpleton posts having a moan about other moaners. Bragging about understanding football because you probably just love a player but not ready to get into a debate at the same time is quite something.
Snidyness :lol:
I'm just asking for someone to clarify what it is that people want. Because in the past pogba was critised for not playing a midfield role and showing off. This whilst match winning. And when he did a midfield role he lacked effort and didn't win the game. I'm still waiting for someone to answer that's all.

systematic

Pogba was class tonight. Not the best United player as the effort put in my McT and Fred was terrific but with Pogba it's more a case of less is more. You can say exactly the same thing about Messi tonight. Pogba created and carved out some great intelligent passes only to be let down by poor touches from Young, Rashford and Lukaku.

I hate to say this but PP is actually too good of a player for Uniteds current team. In the current team he is head and shoulders the best player but he cannot be truly appreciated without injecting more class into the team. It's like putting Messi in United's current team - sure he'd be the best but would he be able to stand out like he does in Barca? I don't think.so. Pogba simply doesn't have the right level of talent around him to highlight his full greatness, yet still is the best United player by far in the existing line up.

Provide some reliable talent around him like Kante and Matuidi and it's a different story as we saw in the national team. Pogba is an attacking midfielder but he cannot confidentally move higher up the pitch whilst knowing by doing so he becomes a single point of failure.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
On balance Would you guys give him the 500k? He’s meant to be a creative force in this team but he hasn’t done much in the harder games. He’s still our best player but so patchy and we can see now it’s not the managers fault, he’s just inconsistent and maybe losing heart things will work out here and possibly frustrated at his teammates abilities. Handing out these absurd contracts that massively reward patchy form just to protect our investment is yet another symptom of the big problems the club currently has. As I said last night 500k a week could get you 2 potentially top class midfielders that would totally change our dynamic. If he’s not really into it here the time to cash in is now. We wouldn’t be missing much on his current form. I’d keep him if he was showing genuine passion to kick on behind the scenes as he’s potentially unplayable if he puts it all together. It doesn’t really look or sound that way though.

Tapori

He actually didn't disappear for once in a big game.
Well done. Decent with spark but not at all incredible. Which is ok.
Has what it takes but it will take much to show us. Let's see how he does at the Nou.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
People praising him today must be on a wind-up, Fred and McTom were both far better than him.

If people really do believe he was good today, their standards for a top player are far, far below mine and not a patch on what has gone before.
By the definition of their roles, and the game Barcelona plays, it's not that surprising that Fred or McTominay would be more prominent in the game. They were both brilliant, I thought. Pogba was decent and created a couple of chances when he had the opportunities. He didn't screw up endless attacking moves, or lost the ball as soon as he had it. To act as if he was the problem when you have the likes of Young or Rashford playing is a bit disingenuous and reeks of looking for a scapegoat.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Snidyness :lol:
I'm just asking for someone to clarify what it is that people want. Because in the past pogba was critised for not playing a midfield role and showing off. This whilst match winning. And when he did a midfield role he lacked effort and didn't win the game. I'm still waiting for someone to answer that's all.
I don't care how you feel, how about that. Who are you talking to? Have I said those things?
Pogba had a bad game in my eyes, who cares what some other guy said a few months back.

Agree. Our midfield has been weak in several of the games lately, with all three of Pogs, Matic and Herrera well under par. This game our midfield were perhaps the best part of a team in the game. Pogba was the best with the ball of the three, but Fred and McTommo impressed pretty much as well. He was the least effective defending, but put in a good shift and was understandably knackered the last ten.

Good scores to all three of them. If someone mentions money now I’ll bark.
Let me ask you something. What If McTominay and Fred didn't take control of the midfield and played so well. What would Pogba do then? He certainly didn't work to get the ball, or won the ball much? He would see even less of the ball, you'd assume he would have created a lot less chances than he did. He would have to work twice as hard to impact the game, and I think that is what McTominay and Fred did and guess what it worked. Pogba didn't do that and for him to be the weakest link in a midfield almost dominating Barcelona, also consisting of fecking Fred and McTominay is absurd really. It really is absurd. I feel we would have won that game if Pogba was on his game.

TsuWave

But in big games, he doesn't regularly produce.
since 17/18:

4 games vs Chelsea = 1 goal, 1 assist
3 games vs Spurs = 2 assists
1 game vs City = 2 goals
5 games vs Arsenal = 1 goal, 3 assists
1 game vs Liverpool = 0 goal and assists

how has he not been producing regularly in big games?

your shamelessness knows no bounds

el3mel

since 17/18:

4 games vs Chelsea = 1 goal, 1 assist
3 games vs Spurs = 2 assists
1 game vs City = 2 goals
5 games vs Arsenal = 1 goal, 3 assists
1 game vs Liverpool = 0 goal and assists

how has he not been producing regularly in big games?

your shamelessness knows no bounds
Give me one reason for not counting his first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.