Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

For some reason he couldn't really get into the game in the 2nd half after having a good first half. It's a shame because he was causing them problems when he got on the ball.

LJJT

What a surprise looking at your posting history.

A ‘real hater’ indeed.
I’m not a hater I’m just a realist. He was poor tonight and has been for weeks. I’d love him to be what he thinks he is and run the game tonight. He’s a million miles away from what he thinks he is and that’s his biggest problem

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I criticized all of this too and even harsher than Pogba. Still I don't find any problem in expecting more from Pogba. As I said, not typically bad but didn't do much either, and that's not what's expected from him in big games, as far as I'm concerned.
Personally I expect him to lead the charge in dominating a midfield like Barcelona's. Which is what he did tonight. If we had a functioning attack and a right back who could cross tonight He'd have had assists or even a goal.

Baxter

I’m not a hater I’m just a realist. He was poor tonight and has been for weeks. I’d love him to be what he thinks he is and run the game tonight. He’s a million miles away from what he thinks he is and that’s his biggest problem
Your words, not mine. I can’t take your opinion seriously when you also called him a bit part, lucky player in an ultra defensive France team, but there you go.

RedNed77

McT - Fred - Herrera* - midfield for the away game for me please. Sick to death of his current run of form, the lad couldn't have picked a worse time to be shit than at the same time as making admiring glances at Madrid.

*Assuming he's fit and he hasn't actually agreed to join PSG.

DomM

poor performance by Pogba tonight, did nothing of note in our biggest game of the season, not much effort, might as well have played someone else , it happens far too much against good opposition.

dirkey

Personally I expect him to lead the charge in dominating a midfield like Barcelona's. Which is what he did tonight. If we had a functioning attack and a right back who could cross tonight He'd have had assists or even a goal.
Led the charge in dominating? My God. What game were you watching? Strolling around in midfield, the only time I saw him come close to making a challenge was near the end, near our box when he clumsily gave away a dangerous free. McTominay & Fred were constantly nipping in and winning the ball, or at least disrupting Barca. Pogba was ambling around.

Fair enough, then he's supposed to be free to burst forward and create something. Which he didn't do. He was downright poor. I saw MEN gave him a 4, which was very generous in my opinion.

dirkey

They most certainly did not.
Yes. They did. 100%.

From MEN:

Fred

Another commendable big-game performance, despite the odd error. Used the ball prudently and went about his job more calmly. 7

Scott McTominay

Did not appear out of place or fazed by the occasion. If he was a bit cuter he could have won a penalty when Gerard Pique made contact. Becoming a big-game player. 7

Paul Pogba

The system was not conducive to Pogba's preference and he was slow to find his way into the game. Gradually became slightly more influential but not enough. 4

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If Madrid offer us anything like what's being rumoured in the media....snap their hands off. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. On the biggest stage of all tiniton he was shown up by Mctommo n Fred. Says it all.

dirkey

he didn't have a bad gat at all. this place is nuts
He did nothing! This place isn't nuts. Read any reviews and you'll find the same. Like it or not, we spent a massive amount of money and pay him huge wages to go and influence games like this. He's supposed to be our creative force, and is given license to do so by being given 2 other players in here to do all the donkey work. Which they did absolutely admirably today. We had no chances whatsoever, because Pogba did absolutely nothing.

As I saw someone mention here before - you see him at times on the ball running through midfield and guys can't get near him. How different it is when going back towards our goal. My dead granny could out run him. The only "effort" he put in at a tackle today was when he gave away a stupid free kick late in the game.

So, did no defending. Did no attacking of note.

But .. we're nuts to say he was bad?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
he didn't have a bad gat at all. this place is nuts
What did he do again? I don't understand how anyone can watch that game and not be angry at Pogba. Hilarious. I guess it is the thing of you watch the game more casually and just looks when a certain player gets the ball and do something good and when you don't see him he can't do anything terrible. Which is probably why Pogba went into complete hiding in this game and gave up on our team.

kundalini

Apart from conceding a stupid free-kick near the edge of our box, I thought Pogba did ok. One nice driving run through midfield before getting fouled. Obviously, hoped he'd create more.

A better performance than against PSG but not as good as Fred or McTominay.

Patrick08

Wouldn't take him to Madrid yet, but start by getting a striker who can actually hold the ball and move so to provide options to him to pass to.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Led the charge in dominating? My God. What game were you watching? Strolling around in midfield, the only time I saw him come close to making a challenge was near the end, near our box when he clumsily gave away a dangerous free. McTominay & Fred were constantly nipping in and winning the ball, or at least disrupting Barca. Pogba was ambling around.

Fair enough, then he's supposed to be free to burst forward and create something. Which he didn't do. He was downright poor. I saw MEN gave him a 4, which was very generous in my opinion.
Clearly you watched the match drunk. Ambling my foot...

Time and again he supplied Young acres of space to cross from which he wasted. On at least 3 key occasions Rashford especially wasted excellent final their passes from him on the counter.

I don't even have to mention the counter attack in first half that young killed with the blindest cross in the universe, with Pogba bursting a gut to ghost in unmarked into the box just to have the run end of bring for naught.

He also won us free kicks that we wasted.

He constantly kept switching our play intelligently whenever Fred and McTominay win back possession too.

Anyone claiming he had a poor game really needs their bloody head examined

Devil may care

He was decent, played some nice passes into our two duck eggs up top and won 3 freekicks in excellent positions that were wasted, not his best game but some of the posts in here slamming him are really over the top.

Canagel

Do you guys think Pogba was better than Fred and McTominay?
It doesn't matter. Our midfield and their mjdfjeld were on a par. Of which Pogba was a part of. Maybe even better on a period of the game. For too long people asked for mature version of Pogba that does a midfield job when we mention his output and now he didn't have a output but produced a midfield performance people is still complaining. What do you guys actually want? We had Young fecking up all the crosses and two clown strikers who cant finish their dinner yet PP didn't win the match so he's the problem?

dirkey

why am I reading a review when I watched the match and he didn't have a bad game? are you ok?
Yup. I'm fine. I watched the match also. He had a bad game. As the majority in here are stating. As reviews of the match are also stating.

But hey, I guess most of us have it wrong. Carry on.

TsuWave

What did he do again?
kept the ball moving with no error and kept us fluid, hence the barca midfield having little to no influence on the game. was the most fouled player and busquets should have been off. oh, he also created the most chances than any other player on the pitch

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was fantastic in the first half, they couldn’t get near him. His influence was quieter in the 2nd with Barca shutting off space through the middle and leaving young all the space in the world.

Anybody criticising him with the dross upfront we have is ridiculous. How can any midfielder service them when all they do is stand with their backs to goal or miss control the ball.

The people in this thread are clearly taking out all their frustrations on pogba, he’s suddenly become their scapegoat for some weird reason. I’m bored of reading it tbh.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do you guys think Pogba was better than Fred and McTominay?
Pogba was paid more attention by Barca I thought, so didn't have the time afforded to Fred and McTominay. Fred I thought was the best player on the pitch.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I didn't think he was bad. Rashford and Lukaku were hopeless at linking up with him or holding the ball up. And Pogba supplied a lot of balls to Young. Less said about that the better.

dirkey

Clearly you watched the match drunk. Ambling my foot...

Time and again he supplied Young acres of space to cross from which he wasted. On at least 3 key occasions Rashford especially wasted excellent final their passes from him on the counter.

I don't even have to mention the counter attack in first half that young killed with the blindest cross in the universe, with Pogba bursting a gut to ghost in unmarked into the box just to have the run end of bring for naught.

He also won us free kicks that we wasted.

He constantly kept switching our play intelligently whenever Fred and McTominay win back possession too.

Anyone claiming he had a poor game really needs their bloody head examined
Haha, class. So, popping the ball out to the right side counts as having a good game? Rooney used be absolutely lambasted for the same.

Young was dreadful. He always is.

But Pogba was just as bad. Young is a patchwork right back on his last legs. Pogba is a "world class" player. Who disappears every time we have a big game.

The majority of people believe he had a bad game. I don't think we need our heads examined, but there's no point continuing the debate at this point. You've your view, I've mine, we'll never convince each other.

TsuWave

Yup. I'm fine. I watched the match also. He had a bad game. As the majority in here are stating. As reviews of the match are also stating.

But hey, I guess most of us have it wrong. Carry on.
have you no shame? "some internet weirdo reviews are saying he had a bad game so this is what i'm going with" :confused:

Sauldogba

Average AGAIN.
Not his biggest fan but i actually think hes been criminally misused in the past couple of months.
Why has he been turned into a left sided deep lying midfielder?

dirkey

have you no shame? "some internet weirdo reviews are saying he had a bad game so this is what i'm going with" :confused:
Uhm .. nope. That's not what I'm going with. I watched the game. That is basically what I'm going with. After that, I come here and see that my fellow red cafe internet weirdos agree, in the majority that he was bad. I also looked up some ratings to see he was bad, after reading people such as yourselves claiming those of us who saw the truth need our heads examined.

Status
Not open for further replies.