Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
These stats may have credibility but I cannot be the only one who believes that there seems to be a real disconnect between these figures and we regularly see taking place on the pitch.
Alexis Sanches is decently high on that list and he was pony last season. Not worth considering.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We have no chance of competing for the league next season whether we keep Pogba or not. I have no doubt he’s going to push for a move this summer. We can keep him another season, have him sulk the place out again for large periods before he inevitably gets his move next summer with just two years on his contract. Or we can sell him to Madrid now and use that money to overhaul the squad. For me it’s a no brainer.

It’s a shame we’ve never been a good enough side to see the best of Pogba, and I’ve no doubt he’ll be fantastic for Madrid, but with the situation we find ourselves in I’d rather reinvest the money his sale would generate elsewhere. I think it’s best for everyone. Sell Lukaku and Pogba and add that money to the 200+ we apparently have available and we should be able to bring in the players we need to start competing again. Of course that’s assuming we spend it wisely which is a pretty big assumption given our recent track record.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
His agent has been telling him. "Show them you're good, good enough to buy, but not so good you become impossible to sell"

It explains what we are seeing from him. Shit sandwich served for loving loyal supporters, no matter which way you flip it.

passing-wind

Pogba has been the best player under Solskjaer, I think people read too much into his performances and comments. His performances dropped after the home game against PSG, he was completely nullified by Marquinhos and tactically it was a blueprint on how to negate Pogba the space to be effective around the box.

Opposition teams than starting adopting a similar approach, and Ole has failed to find him a role where he plays deeper and is just as effective. I think Pogba is slightly a luxury player however if we had a defensive midfielder with legs then his work ethic off the ball wouldn't be so problematic (proven with Kante at the world cup).

If he wants to leave let him go he will be good at Madrid because they have the midfield to cater for his weaknesses and if we can fetch up to 160 million it's good business. Reinvest that into the squad and that's two players in areas we can stregthen.

poleglass red

Pogba has been the best player under Solskjaer, I think people read too much into his performances and comments. His performances dropped after the home game against PSG, he was completely nullified by Marquinhos and tactically it was a blueprint on how to negate Pogba the space to be effective around the box.

Opposition teams than starting adopting a similar approach, and Ole has failed to find him a role where he plays deeper and is just as effective. I think Pogba is slightly a luxury player however if we had a defensive midfielder with legs then his work ethic off the ball wouldn't be so problematic (proven with Kante at the world cup).

If he wants to leave let him go he will be good at Madrid because they have the midfield to cater for his weaknesses and if we can fetch up to 160 million it's good business. Reinvest that into the squad and that's two players in areas we can stregthen.
No he hasnt. Hes actually in recent games been our worst.

mancan92

Yeah this is pure nonsense. This is the problem. We have had Ashley Young, martial, rashford, lukaku, Fred, Jones, smalling de gea serve up the worst performances you could ever see from a united player yet people are genuinely silly enough to say pogbas performances have been anywhere near those.

He has literally never put a performance as bad as the players I mentioned Recently.

van Nistelrooy

He has literally never put a performance as bad as the players I mentioned Recently.
You are either a relation to Pogba or completely clueless about football.

Overall, Pogba has been absolutely dreadful since he returned here. A few great passes and an assist here and there, but not much else. His goals are mostly from penalties and he's even missed a few of them!

The most overrated, excused, lazy player I've seen in all my many years of watching football.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Overall, Pogba has been absolutely dreadful since he returned here. A few great passes and an assist here and there, but not much else. His goals are mostly from penalties and he's even missed a few of them!

The most overrated, excused, lazy player I've seen in all my many years of watching football.
He's right though. In recent times, Pogba has not been worse than Lukaku, Young, Matic or Smalling.

Loublaze

ATLien

An assist here and there? He has more goals and assists than the likes of De bruyne, both Silvas at City and Eriksen. Eriksen has more assists but overall with goals and assists he's only contributed one more goal than Pogba, with Pogba second in this respect overall among top midfielders in the league.

Even without the penalties, Pogba is still among the highest goalscorers from midfield. No one else at United is producing like Pogba in this manner, and those other players have teammates who are, that's the difference. We over rely on Pogba for creativity and he's doing his part. Dreadful indeed

Last edited:

redshaw

Said it a while back but Ibra was the only one who had the quality to link up with Pogba, they were two diamonds in the rough. Players like Rashford, Martial, Lukaku and Lingard are too poor for interchanging of passing or runs, we keep hoping they will come good but they have no consistency. You can perhaps get away with one of them in a good team but right now all them are playing poorly.

Yesterday though the whole team were sauntering around and even De Gea is not concentrating. There's more going on off the pitch again, players looking to go elsewhere, some not getting contract offers they think they've earned and not working for each other at the end of the season.

I don't see how it's worth Pogba staying, I'd love to keep him but it would be better for him to not play with his shite friends and broken oldies, we have too much to do and won't be attracting the players needed and the cost of those is too much these days to do it quickly like City can, we struggle to find players before they become quoted for 50-120 million. Sancho went to Dortmund for 8 million. Pogba came here for a project under Jose and it hit the buffers when City beat us at home mid season, it was all built on egg shells.

Twingatz

I'm sorry but this is BS. He has created the most chances for us in our last few games. Our forwards have let us down with their inabilities to finish/create chances for themselves and our defenders have let us down with their inability to pass a ball.

Twingatz

Even more nonsense. Without Pogba, United would be completely out of Europe this season. 9 Assists aren't a "few great passes and assists" that's more than "World Class DeBruyne" You are scapegoating the guy.

tomaldinho1

Said it a while back but Ibra was the only one who had the quality to link up with Pogba, they were two diamonds in the rough. Players like Rashford, Martial, Lukaku and Lingard are too poor for interchanging of passing or runs, we keep hoping they will come good but they have no consistency. You can perhaps get away with one of them in a good team but right now all them are playing poorly.

Yesterday though the whole team were sauntering around and even De Gea is not concentrating. There's more going on off the pitch again, players looking to go elsewhere, some not getting contract offers they think they've earned and not working for each other at the end of the season.

I don't see how it's worth Pogba staying, I'd love to keep him but it would be better for him to not play with his shite friends and broken oldies, we have too much to do and won't be attracting the players needed and the cost of those is too much these days to do it quickly like City can, we struggle to find players before they become quoted for 50-120 million. Sancho went to Dortmund for 8 million. Pogba came here for a project under Jose and it hit the buffers when City beat us at home mid season, it was all built on egg shells.
Sadly there's truth to this. He's a player who just doesn't suit our system and is surrounded by really average players.

Being brutally honest - we have a front three of Lukaku, Rashford and Martial. Lukaku doesn't make runs, Martial barely does either and Rashford does but is rubbish at finishing. Ole talks about direct football but he has the least mobile, least hardworking front three I can think of in the PL. How can Pogba affect games regularly when he has to create everything, not just the pass but also the space.

He came here under an illusion of rebuilding a great United team and probably was quite clouded by nostalgia. We were in a bad place then and we haven't really moved on since - his attitude and off field antics have been petulant but, if we're just talking about ability, he's one of the few players who is actually good enough. He'll be off in the summer.

Litch

Got a feeling Pogs will be sold and that Scot in Ole's eyes will be his replacement. Not saying he's the same type of player (clearly not) but I get the feeling that Ole sees players in a different way than others.

sugar_kane

Not really interested in his numbers or his supposed talent.

I know what I see week in week out and I’m at the point where I can’t stand to watch him anymore.

I got to this point under Mourinho and when he was sacked I blamed Jose for a while.

Since then it’s clear that on and off the pitch it’s the same old problems with Pogba.

Fergie was right to sell him and we were stupid to buy him back.

He’s had a handful of seriously impressive games for us in three years and he wasn’t even on the pitch for our finest moment under Ole (PSG 2nd leg)

If we can find a player with 50% the raw talent but a much higher level of application and attitude he will be no great loss at all.

Get rid.

Bestietom

Sadly there's truth to this. He's a player who just doesn't suit our system and is surrounded by really average players.

Being brutally honest - we have a front three of Lukaku, Rashford and Martial. Lukaku doesn't make runs, Martial barely does either and Rashford does but is rubbish at finishing. Ole talks about direct football but he has the least mobile, least hardworking front three I can think of in the PL. How can Pogba affect games regularly when he has to create everything, not just the pass but also the space.

He came here under an illusion of rebuilding a great United team and probably was quite clouded by nostalgia. We were in a bad place then and we haven't really moved on since - his attitude and off field antics have been petulant but, if we're just talking about ability, he's one of the few players who is actually good enough. He'll be off in the summer.
Your forgetting the first 14 games we went unbeaten when those same forwards you talk about were scoring for fun and the goals have now dried up. Ok Pogba has not been playing regularly in the same position but he still should have a big influence on every game. He is world class when he gives his best but this is not on a regular basis and lately not at all. He has been got at whilst on international duty with Real players and Zidane and his head has been turned imo.

Baxter

Not really interested in his numbers or his supposed talent.

I know what I see week in week out and I’m at the point where I can’t stand to watch him anymore.

I got to this point under Mourinho and when he was sacked I blamed Jose for a while.

Since then it’s clear that on and off the pitch it’s the same old problems with Pogba.

He’s had a handful of seriously impressive games for us in three years and he wasn’t even on the pitch for our finest moment under Ole (PSG 2nd leg)

If we can find a player with 50% the raw talent but a much higher level of application and attitude he will be no great loss at all.

Get rid.
You’d think by now, people would stop pushing this fallacy.

We offered him a big contract, he asked senior players to try and persuade him to stay and was fuming when he left.

He wasn’t sold, and the club tried everything to keep him.

You might not like him, but it’s just not true.

redshaw

The story goes that Fergie went round to his mum's house to talk Paul into staying but it was too late. Paul got sick of waiting to be picked and decided to go.

I think he was proved correct as well. Won 4 titles, got far in the CL and was at a club who had the knowledge and stability to get the best out of him.

Roboc7

I’m bored of Pogba now, he’s inconsistent but he’s also the scapegoat and focus of everything and deflects from how bad most of his teammates are.

It’s time to sell and move on, use the money to buy a couple of players to replace him. We need so much money to fix this team that some of it has to come from selling him.

Stadjer

The story goes that Fergie went round to his mum's house to talk Paul into staying but it was too late. Paul got sick of waiting to be picked and decided to go.

I think he was proved correct as well. Won 4 titles, got far in the CL and was at a club who had the knowledge and stability to get the best out of him.
He was right too. Became a Juventus midfield starter (a midfield with Vidal, Pirlo, Marchissio) almost directly while we used defenders to play midfield and everyone here on Redcaf wanted to sign midfielders.

I hope we will fix our team and will see Paul Pogba play in a great Manchester United team but im afraid he will leave and show how good he is somewhere else. At the same time we will get that "hard working, runs a lot but isnt very good football player" people who dont like Pogba want in our midfield...

el3mel

No one answers the question, if the problem is entirely in the front 3 movement and his teammates in defense, how the hell did he play pretty well in the first games under Ole behind, guess what, exactly same front 3 and with, surprise, the same midfield ? Why are they a problem now and were not in the first games under Ole ?

It's him. As simple as that. He can put x10 better performance than what he's doing currently, but he just doesn't seem to take football very seriously and only plays when he's in mood to do something. His mentality on the pitch is absolutely terrible and will waste his big talent (that no one can deny) . He doesn't value work rate or hard working in center of the park much and as I said just doesn't take the sport as seriously as any other superstar and feels like he is just enjoying himself down there and puts a shift whenever it's his good mood day.

Another player with such talent but more consistent and with better mentality regarding the sport would have been the best player in the league but not Pogba.

I maintain that if Madrid come with 140-150m, we will be total morons to not sell and reinvest in the squad. Same for De Gea too.

TsuWave

you don’t watch a lot of football then because you are talking pure nonsense

TsuWave

see, its easy to see that people don’t have a clue of what they’re talking about and just regurgitate inaccurate things that they hear down the pub or in this echo chamber. You posted this with your chest too.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm not really sure if Pogba takes pride in playing for United or not. But let me ask this, why would Pogba leave a great Juventus team which wins the league every season, makes the latter stages of the Champions League and has some of the worlds best players for a team which is historically great but is struggling massively on the field and has many average players?

No one answers the question, if the problem is entirely in the front 3 movement and his teammates in defense, how the hell did he play pretty well in the first games under Ole behind, guess what, exactly same front 3 and with, surprise, the same midfield ? Why are they a problem now and were not in the first games under Ole ?
A lot of it has to do with our fitness levels. In those early games we were able to press high and hold the ball longer. For Pogba that meant he had a bit of space to get his head up and pick his pass from a more advanced position, with runners all around him. The whole team is knackered now so when we recover the ball we're not in as good positions, we're further away from the opposition goal and the runs have stopped. We're then more likely to lose it and the whole thing starts again. We also didn't have two shocking footballers in Lukaku and Smalling causing us to continually lose the ball and have to recover it.

He's not a leader and i don't know why people think he should be but unless he really wants to go we'd be daft to push him out. He's our best player by some distance.

Gomes

What I find funny is that the biggest Pogba defenders here are the same ones that constantly moan about other players lack of effort and commitment.
No, you don't escape criticism for making two good passes every third game.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Like it or not, he was meant to be our 'Galactico' signing but he is a much more Gareth Bale than Zinedine Zidane
That’s harsh mate.

Bale was one of the best players on the pitch in 3 of Real Madrid’s 4 Champions League finals.

I don’t think Pogba will ever be a titan on the pitch like Zidane or prime Bale, but he is still an excellent player.

In Rainbows

It's him. As simple as that. He can put x10 better performance than what he's doing currently, but he just doesn't seem to take football very seriously and only plays when he's in mood to do something. His mentality on the pitch is absolutely terrible and will waste his big talent (that no one can deny) . He doesn't value work rate or hard working in center of the park much and as I said just doesn't take the sport as seriously as any other superstar and feels like he is just enjoying himself down there and puts a shift whenever it's his good mood day.
Pogba put Rashford through twice against Barca. He put Rashford through once against Everton. He put Martial through once yesterday and set up a good chance for Matic.

When we beat Tottenham, how did we do it? We did it through de Gea's heroics and Pogba's brilliant pass that Rashford finished very well. What has changed since then? Rashford hasn't finished the last 3 chances Pogba has given him. de Gea hasn't been at his best.

How can you not see the difference in team play aside from that specific fact? We clearly were pressing as a team, and played much quicker. All of that changed after the injuries and we've been playing far more of a conservative approach. It's not just Pogba not doing it. It's practically everyone.

It's like you completely isolate all the variables away from Pogba and want Pogba to be this constant source of great play. Pogba has never been that much of a grafter even when we were doing well. He would run forward to get on the end of passes though. I saw him doing that run against Everton btw. And there were matches where he actually did not provide chances, but did provide the side with a more disciplined performance. All of that is ignored by you guys.

What I find funny is that the biggest Pogba defenders here are the same ones that constantly moan about other players lack of effort and commitment.
No, you don't escape criticism for making two good passes every third game.
Maybe because they combine lack of effort and crap play with no upside. Kind of like yesterday.

What I find funny is how no matter what argument is put forth, nothing changes the fact that Pogba has been our best player this season along with Shaw, and yet you still want rid of that player.

Bobski

He is our best and most talented player but he is really not the type of player you can build around and he needs many other great players round him to cover wthe areas of weakness in his game. Ideally he would be the final piece in an already strong team, but he is not the leader or perhaps the player we need in this transitional phase. Moving him should be on the cards, especially if it can aid the first steps of a rebuild, it looks as if we need an entirely new spine in the near future, GK, CB, DM, CM, CF, those funds will have to come from somewhere.

Pogba for all his talent is a difficult player to build around unless you have exceptional talent to work with.

mancan92

He is our best and most talented player but he is really not the type of player you can build around and he needs many other great players round him to cover wthe areas of weakness in his game. Ideally he would be the final piece in an already strong team, but he is not the leader or perhaps the player we need in this transitional phase. Moving him should be on the cards, especially if it can aid the first steps of a rebuild, it looks as if we need an entirely new spine in the near future, GK, CB, DM, CM, CF, those funds will have to come from somewhere.

Pogba for all his talent is a difficult player to build around unless you have exceptional talent to work with.
Please tell one player who is able to do this.
Look at Messi the best player to play the game. Even he is unable to turn average players into winners

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

It's him. As simple as that
. He can put x10 better performance than what he's doing currently, but he just doesn't seem to take football very seriously and only plays when he's in mood to do something. His mentality on the pitch is absolutely terrible and will waste his big talent (that no one can deny) . He doesn't value work rate or hard working in center of the park much and as I said just doesn't take the sport as seriously as any other superstar and feels like he is just enjoying himself down there and puts a shift whenever it's his good mood day.

Another player with such talent but more consistent and with better mentality regarding the sport would have been the best player in the league but not Pogba.

I maintain that if Madrid come with 140-150m, we will be total morons to not sell and reinvest in the squad. Same for De Gea too.
What ? The whole team, DDG included, has dropped a level and that has little to do with Pogba influencing them to become worse. It ain't rocket science, if you add several good individual performances then the collective one will be much better. You're giving him way too much importance there :lol::lol:

Look at Messi the best player to play the game. Even he is unable to turn average players into winners
It's as simple as that. It's crazy how now Pogba is being blamed for the whole team becoming shit.

Bobski

I don't expect any one player to truly carry a team. The unorthodox nature of Pogba's style in not really fitting into a standard midfield role complicates matter for the average team that we are to a point where it is possible that a less talented but more team orientated type might actually be more useful to Utd in the short term.

Fantastic player even with all his complications but we could be 2- 3 years away from having the type of team that really allows Pogba to show his true value.

Just to clarify, my thought is that if we have to sell Pogba to bring in the 3-4 players that get us moving in the right direction then it is a sacrifice worth making. Trusting that we get the right players in that scenario though...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't expect any one player to truly carry a team. The unorthodox nature of Pogba's style in not really fitting into a standard midfield role complicates matter for the average team that we are to a point where it is possible that a less talented but more team orientated type might actually be more useful to Utd in the short term.

Fantastic player even with all his complications but we could be 2- 3 years away from having the type of team that really allows Pogba to show his true value.

Just to clarify, my thought is that if we have to sell Pogba to bring in the 3-4 players that get us moving in the right direction then it is a sacrifice worth making. Trusting that we get the right players in that scenario though...
I think anyone with a bit of common sense will always go for that as the most important thing is what benefits the club most. I have never seen the expectation on Pogba's shoulders in any other United player ever though.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's a lightening rod, his blessing and his curse. All success attributed to him, all failure too. I wonder does he ever wish he was Ngolo Kante.

mancan92

Even this isn't true as we have seen when Jose tried to replace pogba with Scott. It doesn't take one hard working player coming in for pogba.

It requires 3 to 4 players genuinely having good games or being of the required quality. So I agree with your second point sure if we get 3/4 very good players for pogba then of course in the long run it makes us better. But replacing him with an average hard working player makes us a worse team.

RuudTom83

He is a luxury player capable of the sublime, but equally as infuriating.

However I don’t feel he is the problem and Ole and Woody shouldn’t waste much energy on him this summer.

Sort the spine of the team out and Pogba will shine. He is just not the guy you should put the whole weight of team on his shoulders.

Sometimes the best players go missing for large parts of a match, you forgive those players for what they can do in the moments.

The main problem for Paul is his teammates are woeful so his short comings are amplified.

clarkydaz

I'm not really sure if Pogba takes pride in playing for United or not. But let me ask this, why would Pogba leave a great Juventus team which wins the league every season, makes the latter stages of the Champions League and has some of the worlds best players for a team which is historically great but is struggling massively on the field and has many average players?
I think the romance well and truly wore off a long time ago. The grind of Mourinho, average team, gruelling premier league season, media criticism etc. There is a better career and life for him in Spain/LaLiga. It seems he is a bad fit for us under our current circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.