Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwithabone

He was average tonight, better than in the Everton game though.

Look at the speed of Pogba moving the ball and look how quickly City move it on. I don’t think we can accommodate Pogba unless we are building the entire team around how he plays.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs someone to come and hold his hand? He holds on it too long. There would be no problems if he released the ball sooner. Not just tonight, every time, he hold on to the ball too long. If anything, the other around him done run enough away. Their all too static.
what can he do when nobody comes to receive a pass? he has no options. He either has to try and dribble them or lump it forward.

city never leave players isolated like that. This team needs a lot of coaching.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was average tonight, better than in the Everton game though.

Look at the speed of Pogba moving the ball and look how quickly City move it on. I don’t think we can accommodate Pogba unless we are building the entire team around how he plays.
Do you spot the difference?

He played well, at least early on. He will always be a player who holds the ball and looks for a special pass. It frustrates at times but it makes him the player he is.

Reddy Rederson

what can he do when nobody comes to receive a pass? he has no options. He either has to try and dribble them or lump it forward.

city never leave players isolated like that. This team needs a lot of coaching.
There’s always options. Good or bad, there’s options. But he holds onto the ball too long, invites players towards him, tries his stupid shit and loses the ball. Not the first time, and it won’t be the last.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He got a big ovation from the crowd when he walked off, so good to see the direhards recognise his efforts. Lack of movement in front of him or down the channels is sickening. How are we not coaching those basics?

Baxter

His fellow pros must need to read some of the advice from the experts on here.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Takes forever to do anything. Doesn't help that the players around don't move well but when there's a simple to his left, he looks there, then turns right, then comes back to the left and plays that simple pass anyway but now with the defence better positioned than ever because this was done at the speed of a snail, it just seems pointless. He does this all the time.

marktan

Takes forever to do anything. Doesn't help that the players around don't move well but when there's a simple to his left, he looks there, then turns right, then comes back to the left and plays that simple pass anyway but now with the defence better positioned than ever because this was done at the speed of a snail, it just seems pointless. He does this all the time.
That's because he's looking up to find a defence splitting pass. I'm glad he takes his time, no one else on our team can do anything other than pass 5m next to him, so in my view he can take as long as he wants. For France he constantly feeds Giroud, Mbappe and Griezmann, for us occasionally Rashford will get in behind but other then that there's not really many options to pass too.

The Nani

There’s always options. Good or bad, there’s options. But he holds onto the ball too long, invites players towards him, tries his stupid shit and loses the ball. Not the first time, and it won’t be the last.
Yeah I've been defending him here of late but his dithering about today was infuriating.

He was just jogging about as well while the rest of the team put a proper shift in. No surprise to see him ambling back behind play for Silva's opener.

Doesn't exactly give the impression he wants to be here does it. Definitely not worth the headache of trying put out a tactically sound side despite him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That's because he's looking up to find a defence splitting pass. I'm glad he takes his time, no one else on our team can do anything other than pass 5m next to him, so in my view he can take as long as he wants. For France he constantly feeds Giroud, Mbappe and Griezmann, for us occasionally Rashford will get in behind but other then that there's not really many options to pass too.
Remember the thing about how Rooney at his peak could read the game around him and know where players are likely to be without looking? Why does Pogba need to take 30 seconds working it out while the game becomes static around him?

I don't doubt what he's trying to do, and what he can do, but he's not doing it.

Bobski

Playing with the 2 clowns he had with him today made it a hopeless task. I am critical of Pogba but he was hilariously outgunned in terms of partners.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not the worst player tonight by any means, but I think he was often careless and dribbled himself into trouble. Probably had a lack of options but also could have done better himself in some moments. There were deeper problems than him today.

DDG, a lack of composure from our holding midfielders and the lack of threat from our front 3 was the major ones.

marktan

Remember the thing about how Rooney at his peak could read the game around him and know where players are likely to be without looking? Why does Pogba need to take 30 seconds working it out while the game becomes static around him?

I don't doubt what he's trying to do, and what he can do, but he's not doing it.
Because Rooney had the likes of Scholes, Ronaldo, Tevez, Saha, Giggs, Carrick around him..

What's Pogba meant to do? Pass it to Fred, Perreira? They gave the ball away a huge amount of times. Lingard? Frankly the state of our team is that our best option to score today was the ball in behind from Pogba. We don't have the personnel to play through City.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Joint most unsuccesful touches in the team, dispossesed more than any other player apart from Perreira. I wouldn't blame him for this if he actually did something with the ball. That ball for Lingard was pretty much the only chance he created.

Did absolutely nothing defensively, 1 tackle, 0 interceptions, 0 blocked shots, 0 clearances, 0 headers won(he lost one even against Sterling :lol: ) . Zero fecks given when we lost the ball for the first goal.

And yet somehow half of people here think he did well and are blaming the others.

In before his fans attack me because I just posted stats from the game.

dogwithabone

Do you spot the difference?

Well, yes, obviously but my point is that while Pogba is good at retaining possession in tight areas he is often very sloppy when we counter and want to move the ball quickly through midfield. Too many times the play stalls when he gets it and we break down. That’s why I say that he either needs to leave and free us up to play quicker more incisive football or we keep him and build the team around him playing in a style to accommodate his strengths, I don’t think there can be any halfway house with him and how we want to progress.

predator

Youth NITK
The team look up to him when we need some sort of creativity which is fine but we can't just have Pogba filling that role. It was funny seeing him shouting at Young tonight for not making runs. Our problems lie so much deeper than Pogba and I hope we keep him because I think he is unplayable in a team that has ability all over the place - something we definitely do not have atm.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Because Rooney had the likes of Scholes, Ronaldo, Tevez, Saha, Giggs, Carrick around him..

What's Pogba meant to do? Pass it to Fred, Perreira? They gave the ball away a huge amount of times. Lingard? Frankly the state of our team is that our best option to score today was the ball in behind from Pogba. We don't have the personnel to play through City.
Then he needs to realise that and stop fannying about expecting the likes of Ronaldo and Tevez to be making a run when he does.

RuudTom83

Pogba was up against the best midfield in the league tonight, he took them on with Fred and Pereira by his side.

I’m not sure what people expected him to do. Tonight isn’t the night to criticise the lad.

El Jefe

It will be best for all parties if he's sold this summer. We can use the transfer fee to sign two midfielders and he can go and play for Madrid. Liverpool sold Coutinho and got better because they had a more functional midfield. We need to adopt this same approach.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Played well considering he was surrounded by rubbish like Rashford and Lingard. Only player we had that looked good under pressure on the ball.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Total lack of effort, no creativity, no steel in defense, one decent pass in the whole 90 minutes. Just completely useless in every facet of the game, a disgrace. The sooner we get rid of him the sooner we can begin to rebuild the team and the club.

laughtersassassin

Our POTY ( Not saying much)

Very good player. Playing in a very poor team.

He isn't faultless or anywhere close to faultless but he is a whole lot better than we are. Hopefully, he wants to stay another year as its a real headache that we need at least half a new team. Lose Paul and things go from very bad to worse.

Understandable if he wants to go though. hurts seeing how many mid table players we have starting for us.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

His fellow pros must need to read some of the advice from the experts on here.
Funny how everyone bigs up pro player's opinions in this regard but as soon as they go on to be pundits it paints a different picture.

laughtersassassin

It will be best for all parties if he's sold this summer. We can use the transfer fee to sign two midfielders and he can go and play for Madrid. Liverpool sold Coutinho and got better because they had a more functional midfield. We need to adopt this same approach.
We need two mids without him going though. So 3 if he goes then. Add that to the whole other team we need......

Baxter

Total lack of effort, no creativity, no steel in defense, one decent pass in the whole 90 minutes. Just completely useless in every facet of the game, a disgrace. The sooner we get rid of him the sooner we can begin to rebuild the team and the club.
I can’t wait to go into the derby next season with McTominay, Fred and Matic. A real midfield.

Baxter

Funny how everyone bigs up pro player's opinions in this regard but as soon as they go on to be pundits it paints a different picture.
Pro players aren’t paid for the entertainment of Sky TV subscribers. They play against him every week.

westmeath

I can’t wait to go into the derby next season with McTominay, Fred and Matic. A real midfield.
I’m not saying they’re much use either, they don’t have the talent but at least they try. Pogba couldn’t care less about United.

westmeath

We need two mids without him going though. So 3 if he goes then. Add that to the whole other team we need......
Yes, we need an entire new first team squad. It will take 2 to 3 years to put together. It’s going to be extremely painful. But Pogba can’t be part of the plan, he’s no good.

Baxter

I’m not saying they’re much use either, they don’t have the talent but at least they try. Pogba couldn’t care less about United.
I genuinely don’t know how you can watch that game tonight and come to the conclusion that he didn’t ‘try’. Sorry, it’s absolute bollocks and it goes for the past few weeks too. At that level, with the amount of sport science and stat tracking if a player wasn’t ‘trying’ then the coaching team would know.

Holocene

It's always the same posters in this thread, straight after a defeat to blame Pogba and that we should sell him.

It's looking likely that we will sell him and I have zero faith that Woodward will replace him with quality players.

Who will be the scapegoat next season?

westmeath

I genuinely don’t know how you can watch that game tonight and come to the conclusion that he didn’t ‘try’. Sorry, it’s absolute bollocks and it goes for the past few weeks too. At that level, with the amount of sport science and stat tracking if a player wasn’t ‘trying’ then the coaching team would know.
So you were happy with his effort tonight, strolling around the pitch while City players ran past him on the counter attack? Seriously?

Ban

Joint most unsuccesful touches in the team, dispossesed more than any other player apart from Perreira. I wouldn't blame him for this if he actually did something with the ball. That ball for Lingard was pretty much the only chance he created.

Did absolutely nothing defensively, 1 tackle, 0 interceptions, 0 blocked shots, 0 clearances, 0 headers won(he lost one even against Sterling :lol: ) . Zero fecks given when we lost the ball for the first goal.

And yet somehow half of people here think he did well and are blaming the others.

In before his fans attack me because I just posted stats from the game.
He's surrounded by dross.

Status
Not open for further replies.