Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

Feckin hell. Nobody is even saying it's all his fault. And pretty much every player you just mentioned gets shedloads of stick on here. And even if they didn't, you're using the fact that he bossed a game against BOLIVIA of all teams to prove your point. Can you even name 1 player from Bolivia? I mean I rate Pogba but the state of this place..
There's no points that needs to be proven. He's done the job vs Belgium and Croatia in WC finals- if it's good oppositions you want .

kirk buttercup

Pogba is a class player but he needs the right people around him it really is that simple. At the moment we have too many bang average players . He will thrive if we put talent around him. if we don't? he will go somewhere where they will .

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
My man ive been labeled a joke for thinking McTominay is nothing special, and I wasn't even criticizing his output or attitude
That wasn't quite why people called you out though, was it?

Mcking

My man ive been labeled a joke for thinking McTominay is nothing special, and I wasn't even criticizing his output or attitude
Well no suprises there, some already have McTominay in there fantasy lineups for next season. I'd say he is the most average player we have in our current squad. Nothing special at all.

shahzy

Feckin hell. Nobody is even saying it's all his fault. And pretty much every player you just mentioned gets shedloads of stick on here. And even if they didn't, you're using the fact that he bossed a game against BOLIVIA of all teams to prove your point. Can you even name 1 player from Bolivia? I mean I rate Pogba but the state of this place..
It quite funny you felt that i was directing this at you. Shedloads of stick? ive been reading this forum since 2010 and only joined in 2014 and i can tell you players in the past and present who "work hard" but are otherwise limited in their ability get a pass on here. Players who try to do something and make things happen which is riskier and harder to pull off, get stick. Nothing has changed since ive been reading this forum mate.

Furthermore to that, Bolivia really wouldnt be far off the quality in the lower mid tier prem teams, you know the ones we were losing against nearly every game for the last few weeks?
Did Pogba forget how to play footy or are his team mates just that shite that its all up to him to assist,score, defend and when he fails to do the job of what should be the job of 3 separate players he gets chastised. Nothing more evident than that plank screaming at him after the last game of season. Where were all the other players explaining why they were so shite but Pogba who is seen as an arrogant show pony was the one staying behind and taking the brunt?

The smear campaign of our best player in the media really does cloud the judgment of some of the fans who are just parrots.

Its just anyone whos come from the academy and "tries hard" has a much lower threshold for being deemed "good enough"
Its the only explanation for players like Lingard surviving in the team for so long. Utter mediocrity mentality that has seeped into some of the fans. This is what happened to Arsenal as year after year of failure eventually made getting into the top 4 a trophy for them. Same is happening here if the rot keeps on happening a few more years

Loublaze

ATLien
It quite funny you felt that i was directing this at you. Shedloads of stick? ive been reading this forum since 2010 and only joined in 2014 and i can tell you players in the past and present who "work hard" but are otherwise limited in their ability get a pass on here. Players who try to do something and make things happen which is riskier and harder to pull off, get stick. Nothing has changed since ive been reading this forum mate.

Furthermore to that, Bolivia really wouldnt be far off the quality in the lower mid tier prem teams, you know the ones we were losing against nearly every game for the last few weeks?
Did Pogba forget how to play footy or are his team mates just that shite that its all up to him to assist,score, defend and when he fails to do the job of what should be the job of 3 separate players he gets chastised. Nothing more evident than that plank screaming at him after the last game of season. Where were all the other players explaining why they were so shite but Pogba who is seen as an arrogant show pony was the one staying behind and taking the brunt?

The smear campaign of our best player in the media really does cloud the judgment of some of the fans who are just parrots.

Its just anyone whos come from the academy and "tries hard" has a much lower threshold for being deemed "good enough"
Its the only explanation for players like Lingard surviving in the team for so long. Utter mediocrity mentality that has seeped into some of the fans. This is what happened to Arsenal as year after year of failure eventually made getting into the top 4 a trophy for them. Same is happening here if the rot keeps on happening a few more years
I agree with you. This is what its come down to at united and its depressing

Loublaze

ATLien
Well no suprises there, some already have McTominay in there fantasy lineups for next season. I'd say he is the most average player we have in our current squad. Nothing special at all.
Pretty much this. I don't even dislike the guy but he shouldn't be a regular starter at United

Xaviboy

He needs forward movement ahead of him. Not enough of it at utd. Hope something we improve on and bring players in that can make runs forward cuz pogba will find the pass.

I'm fully expecting him to make quotes this week about his future while on international duty. Seems to do it while away with France so could be more talking points this week.

All we have is runners though. We are nothing but pace
I do believe its one of the unfortunate features in our play ie lack of movement or ,more importantly, intelligent movement and overall team cohesion.

Noticed this alot over the years since SAF retired.Just because a player is moving off-the-ball doesn't necessarily mean that player is looking for the pass.
He could be freeing up a team-mate by dragging the opposition out of position.Its unbelievably basic stuff ,and I'm preaching to the quire here, but United seem to be oblivious to the most basic elements of offensive team play.
Basically,our team are not on the same wavelength for the majority of our attacks. Which brings forward the overused question,though one which seems justified, is : What do they do on the training field ?

ArjenIsM3

Why would you think that I somehow got it into my head that your post was directed at me? I simply replied to something I read which happened to be your post. That's usually what happens on a message board such as this. And yes, a lot of the players you mentioned get shedloads of stick. You mentioned Lukaku for crying out loud! If you've been reading this forum for as long as you say (btw no idea why you felt the need to bring that up) then you would know that pretty much everyone on here ridicules him for having a shite first touch, being overweight and that most would be glad to see the back of him.

Back to Pogba. He's had more than a few terrible performances the past season and he's been called out on those performances. When you're the most expensive player in the squad expectations tend to be higher than when you're a kid like McTominay who was practically free and earns nothing compared to Pogba. How is that strange? No idea why so many in this thread feel the need to bash McTominay and big up Pogba after the latter has played a good game. It's all a bit ridiculous IMHO.

In Rainbows

Back to Pogba. He's had more than a few terrible performances the past season and he's been called out on those performances. When you're the most expensive player in the squad expectations tend to be higher than when you're a kid like McTominay who was practically free and earns nothing compared to Pogba. How is that strange? No idea why so many in this thread feel the need to bash McTominay and big up Pogba after the latter has played a good game. It's all a bit ridiculous IMHO.
There's a difference between having that high standard for Pogba and then wanting players out of the club based on that lopsided standard. That's what most of us believe is ridiculous. There is more ire towards Pogba and that translates to people wanting him out of the club. It makes no sense. People take for granted what Pogba brings to the side. If Pogba is gone, it just puts more pressure on players like McTominay to do Pogba's job and that is never going to happen. None of them have Pogba's passing range, vision, or creative ability.

ArjenIsM3

There's a difference between having that high standard for Pogba and then wanting players out of the club based on that lopsided standard. That's what most of us believe is ridiculous. There is more ire towards Pogba and that translates to people wanting him out of the club. It makes no sense. People take for granted what Pogba brings to the side. If Pogba is gone, it just puts more pressure on players like McTominay to do Pogba's job and that is never going to happen.
Except that's not really what's happening here is it? Yeah Pogba has received stick for shite performances (most players have) but people don't think he's not good enough to play for us. And you're very right that Pogba's job is a harder than McT's but that doesn't mean Pogba shouldn't get stick if he doesn't perform. And his performances are just one thing he gets stick for. There are others. Incidents involving social media and him pushing for a move just to name a few. Anyway, here in The Netherlands we have a proverb which reads "Tall trees catch a lot of wind" and that very much rings true.

Loublaze

ATLien
Except that's not really what's happening here is it? Yeah Pogba has received stick for shite performances (most players have) but people don't think he's not good enough to play for us. And you're very right that Pogba's job is a harder than McT's but that doesn't mean Pogba shouldn't get stick if he doesn't perform. And his performances are just one thing he gets stick for. There are others. Incidents involving social media and him pushing for a move just to name a few. Anyway, here in The Netherlands we have a proverb which reads "Tall trees catch a lot of wind" and that very much rings true.
Why is social media activity such a big thing for fans? The hatred some of our players is getting for this is insane, considering the club has legends who have done some truly terrible and inexcusable things off the pitch. Herrera rejected a contract offer and pushed for a move to PSG which he eventually got and wasn't even available when united were trying to get into the top four, but he's a fecking untouchable hero to most on here

ArjenIsM3

Why is social media activity such a big thing for fans? The hatred some of our players is getting for this is insane, considering the club has legends who have done some truly terrible and inexcusable things off the pitch. Herrera rejected a contract offer and pushed for a move to PSG which he eventually got and wasn't even available when united were trying to get into the top four, but he's a fecking untouchable hero to most on here
Well, I'm sure some posts deserve criticism and some don't. Different discussion though. Might be worth a new thread if there isn't one already. I'm just saying it's something he gets stick for.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How can I make up shit that literally happened? Im not even going to argue about it with you, so have fun with it
You made that up because it didnt happen, you weren't labeled a joke for not rating McT. Few argued when you said McTominay wasn't better than CBJ, McNair, Blackett and only reason he got chances was because of some Jose's agenda and also he binned others just because he was promoted by Van Gaal.

Now you changed everything into "I was called a joke for not rating McTominay"

reddevil80

I, for one, hope he stays. Once sanchez has gone and we can stabilise Lingard on the right flank, Martial on the left and Rashford throught the middle, his strength to shield the ball and play the hollywood passes will bare fruit. With someone like Maddison around him and big McT, there should be enough movement ahead and behind him to play his natural game.

I just hope Ole is focussing on things like this as that's all Pogba ( and the fans ) need for the excitement to return. Honestly, who else do we have at the moment who holds the ball like him, see's the passes like him and can actually pull them off too? I don't see anyone in our current squad with half his ability myself.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I, for one, hope he stays. Once sanchez has gone and we can stabilise Lingard on the right flank, Martial on the left and Rashford throught the middle, his strength to shield the ball and play the hollywood passes will bare fruit. With someone like Maddison around him and big McT, there should be enough movement ahead and behind him to play his natural game.

I just hope Ole is focussing on things like this as that's all Pogba ( and the fans ) need for the excitement to return. Honestly, who else do we have at the moment who holds the ball like him, see's the passes like him and can actually pull them off too? I don't see anyone in our current squad with half his ability myself.
You are suggesting Lingard is the solution to the right hand side? Really?

reddevil80

I think he had a shite season last season so he has no option but to improve. Previous seasons, playing alongside Rashford he has been impressive and scored more than a couple of important goals. His understanding with Rashford can only help the side, as long as he gets out of his ridiculous social media b/s. Long term, right winger?, probably not but I honestly feel he has had only one shite season. If he doesn't, then I stand corrected and I do feel the likes of Chong should be motivated enough to know he is staking a righteous claim to start in front of JL.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Im not sure real or juve can afford him? He is worth more than 100 million.
Juventus could definitely afford him, they might be stingy but the money's there for them to splash out if they want to. If we charged £150m then they might not be so keen. I'm fairly confident Madrid could afford him but by the sounds of it he's not a priority for them, think a big chunk of their budget will go on Hazard.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Genuinely can't tell if you're serious or not with this one :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Respected in his own country. Does anyone seriously think that moron shouting abuse at him was right ?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
1st for assists in open play. Pretty impressive considering we finished 6th.

Canagel

Imagine how many assist he could've taken if we had proper ballers upfront- even when Zlatan was here he could've taken at least 10 extra assists from him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

It's funny that this is taken from an article about Pogba potentially leaving United, When Sky usually post negatively about him. They even make up stats like minutes walking. As if that's ever been a thing.

I think a lot of non united supporters would secretly be pleased if we sold him.

Status
Not open for further replies.