g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Modric is 33 ( 7 years difference ), is intelligent and always does the right thing for the team.If I remember the WC final, I don't think he even gave away the ball once while creating a lot of attacking plays and chances.

The thing with Pogba is not laziness, his off the ball movement is pretty average. He makes a pass and then does not move enough to make his contribution on the attack. When you combine this with his hogging on the ball, it looks pretty bad.
Also if he plays in a 2 man midfield he will have to put effort when we loose the ball which has not been the case, its not what he wants but what the team needs.
I think for some reason he thinks of himself as a great player, but I honestly think he is at best a good player, nothing more.
It's hard to discern what point you're making or how it relates to mine? I agree Pogba has a pretty poor sense of where to be on the pitch, regardless of who's in possession. The fact he's often not in the ideal position has a lot more to do with that than his ability or willingness to get around the pitch, but that's something rarely commented on. Instead what is commented on is his perceived laziness and selfishness when he gets caught high up the pitch, entirely disregarding the fact he's the only one that made the 60 yard run to release pressure for the team while the others take their own breather. Here's an example from the previous page, if you think I've misinterpreted what people's issue with Pogba is.
Loses the ball after a half-arsed attempt at dribbling near the end in their box and reacts as if he's just hit the crossbar from half-way line, not even being bothered to jog back, let alone chase them. Not the only time during this one game alone. Needs to cut it and dig deep when we're defending one-goal lead near the end. Fecking Lukaku busted a gut tracking back the whole length of the pitch in the last minutes and he's a striker.

rotherham_red

Some ridiculously demanding posters on here, and Pogba captures it more than many. He’s amazing, and was so yesterday. We need more at his level, and we can be absolutely certain that if he’s sold, his replacement will not be as good.

I don’t get why he get’s more criticism than praise in this country, when he’s easily in the best very few midfielders here.
I do...

JohnnyKills

Played more like a 10 yesterday, with Matic and Fellaini sitting in front of the back four.

Thought he was fine. Some of the passing he displayed was fantastic, especially in the first half. Felt his decison making in the second half on the counter could have been a bit better, though.

I do think we need more width, though. We need one of our wingers to hug the touchline, then make darting runs from out to in. There were a few occasions Sanchez did it, but Pogba didn't spot the run.

I think if we're going to play with a double pivot, which is more or less what we did yesterday, with Fellaini and Matic, then maybe we should sacrifice one of those players and put Pogba further back, with a more traditional number 10 and a winger to keep the width.

As solid as we were, in the second half when we were under pressure and set up to play on the counter, we didn't have anyone with the vision to start the counters. Pogba would do that, and we often saw this in the World Cup when he would release Kylian Mbappe.
Yeah i thought he was good too, don't get all the criticism to be honest.

rotherham_red

Yet he’s better than any English midfielder by a very significant margin.
You misread, there are a few reasons why he gets the crticism from fans and the media, and none of them are to do with performances.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It's hard to discern what point you're making or how it relates to mine? I agree Pogba has a pretty poor sense of where to be on the pitch, regardless of who's in possession. The fact he's often not in the ideal position has a lot more to do with that than his ability or willingness to get around the pitch, but that's something rarely commented on. Instead what is commented on is his perceived laziness and selfishness when he gets caught high up the pitch, entirely disregarding the fact he's the only one that made the 60 yard run to release pressure for the team while the others take their own breather. Here's an example from the previous page, if you think I've misinterpreted what people's issue with Pogba is.
I care to argue that heroic, solo 60 yards' runs weren't the only circumstances in which he didn't track back. People raise that issue everytime he loses possession in the opposite half and cares to jog back at most. I'm not talking about his solo, freeing runs as vs Arsenal away last year where he was carrying us forward time and time again but simple give aways quite often from a standing position after barely busting a gut beforehand.

ZlatMan

Super performance but knowing Pogba, he'll probably flatter to deceive again in the next game.

Minimalist

MOTM obviously. Loved that first goal - sweetly struck. Two goals and an assist isn't bad for a captain away from home.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good performance. 2 goals and assist. Apart from that his passing was good, picked out Shaw with ease all game. At time he should have released ball quickly but apart from that very good game.

el3mel

He can jog as much as he wants if he's bringing this kind of output, goals and assists. Brilliant today. Keep it up please.

Cloud7

Big performance from a big player. Middle finger to all the people who seem to genuinely dislike him on here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Best midfielder around. Absolutely love him, he’s a level above the rest of our squad.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That first goal was just lovely, not any human goalkeeper could have had a chance of saving that.

Baxter

We’re better off without him though?

He’s different class. Best player in the team by a mile.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Pogba has been solid in every game he has played this season. And i believe it has to do with him playing as a no.10/no.8 hybrid. He is often pressing high up the pitch with Lukaku and regularly receives the ball through the middle on the counter attack. It suits him quite well.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He wasn't having a good game until the first goal. Then he was better. Overall a solid performance, at the end of the day. I wouldn't go overboard.

Canagel

He's our best player with De Gea. Simple as that. If he doesn't play well most of the time we don't win.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good performance. Love the way he switches play. Doesnt just do it for the sake of it.

We often play too narrow, with the only bit of width coming from our full backs. Felt Pogba found the out ball at the right time, often resulting in getting the full backs in a 1v1 situation.

Along with that, his first goal was superb. The way he manipulated the ball onto his left foot was class. Top finish!

Devil may care

Two goals and an assist, very good performance, I know these are a poor side we beat but you need Pogba to take these games on and make sure we don't slip up, and he did just that. The right to left switch for the first goal was lovely stuff.

Terminator

Brilliant today once he got accustomed to the pitch. Very good season from him so far, long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.