Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

We win irrespective of how he contributed to it and 75% of what's posted on here wouldn't be. Pogba is not the sole problem with this team and he contributed enough for us to have won that game yesterday but you can't legislate for the poor defensive performances.

Litch

He cares about the club and the fans? Does he fek. Wouldn't mind to see the back of him. Highlight reel player basically who thinks he's done it all and is bigger than the club.
How do you know he doesn't care? Why is it always about him when we lose? Did you see Matic, Jones, Smalling Lindelof play yesterday...? Highlight reel player with a World Cup medal? Fans better be careful what they wish for......

Ban

How do you know he doesn't care? Why is it always about him when we lose? Did you see Matic, Jones, Smalling Lindelof play yesterday...? Highlight reel player with a World Cup medal? Fans better be careful what they wish for......
Yup. What does a wc medal has to do with it. I'm not saying anything about who was bad or not. He was bad and his demenour is like he doesn't give a shit.

99withaflake

I was hoping for more of a reaction, not only to his poor performance last week, but also to the criticism/coverage in the press. Thought he would come out really fired up and on top of his game. Sadly it didn't happen (again) even though he was in a position he enjoys that doesn't restrict his game.

SammyUnited_83

Surely will be dropped at the weekend.

Doesn't want to be here, another collosal waste of money, hopefully get 60mil back on him.

Djemba-Djemba

Doesn't want to be here, another collosal waste of money, hopefully get 60mil back on him.
We'd make a profit on him if we sold him even though he's been mostly shit here.

For whatever reason, he's a very marketable player and he's just won the World Cup. I think we'd get our money back and then some.

SammyUnited_83

We'd make a profit on him if we sold him even though he's been mostly shit here.

For whatever reason, he's a very marketable player and he's just won the World Cup. I think we'd get our money back and then some.
I personally think winning the world cup is irrelevant, he was part of a very, very good team. I also think any proper football CEO would see through the marketable player shit, which is why we outbid everyone else, no other club would pay 90mil for him then.

Why on earth would they pay more for him after 2 very average seasons?

I hope you are right, and I want him gone before the window closes. But no way is anyone paying 100m for him, unless of course Woody becomes the CEO of Barcelona.

Djemba-Djemba

I personally think winning the world cup is irrelevant, he was part of a very, very good team. I also think any proper football CEO would see through the marketable player shit, which is why we outbid everyone else, no other club would pay 90mil for him then.

I hope you are right, and I want him gone before the window closes. But no way is anyone paying 100m for him, unless of course Woody becomes the CEO of Barcelona.
I'm telling you, we'd get £100m plus for him. I'm not saying I'd pay that for him, he's a fecking waste of space, but others would.

Look at John Stones for example, Chelsea had a £40m bid rejected for him in 2015 he then had a fecking awful season with Everton and the following summer he went for £50m.

Transfers are just bonkers now. It doesn't make sense, the fact Pogba is an inconsistent arrogant lazy dope won't matter.

mufcneville

This "world class"-player doesn't give a shit, does he? He's only arsed when it suits him - and to think some called him a new leader..
Fraud. Get rid.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Didn't think he was worth 89 then. Definately not worth close to that now. People still wank over the 4 good games he had in the world Cup bit he's a pile of piss and a big part of the problem on the pitch.

sugar_kane

Last night despite the result our players worked their bollocks off and showed they care about the club and the fans.

Pogba was the exception, the most talented but the worst attitude on the pitch.

He should be the one winning games for us not dragging us down.

Get rid and let our other midfielders (who all work their arses off) get more game time. He’s poison right now.

PvsNP

I wouldn't mind selling him to Barca and replace him with SMS if he's gonna play like this all year. Thought the World Cup would've been the turning point him, apparently not.

stepic

lol, Gylfi fecking Sigurdsson cost 60m. Pogba isn't in great form but feck me there's some shite being talked here lately.

TheReligion

Abusive

Sorry but he's 4 years on his contract.

1) the club won't sell
2) the club won't sell and the only way they consider it is if the player wants to go, we get a replacement and the offer is a new world record.

Option two can't/won't happen so it's obvious the player stays. Be crazy to suggest otherwise.

Alabaster Codify7

Lad's a fraud.
A world class player has off days. Pogba has off months, not days. He's a in 1 in 4 games player, that is NOT a world class player.

Darlington Padgett

He makes a big effort to shield the ball for as long as he can and then he tries to look like Messi to lose the ball.

el3mel

We should sell to Barca before current peformance change their mind. They will still be ready to pay 150m for him but can change their mind later wih this rubbish, unless of course all that was preplanned by his fat agent.

KennyBurner

I think we've all known for a while that Pogba is the Ultimate Luxury footballer. Even more luxury than the likes of Mesut Ozil. That is a horrible realization and one we will have to deal with. I'm actually terrified at the fact that this guy offers absolutely NOTHING! He doesn't work hard enough, gives away more passes than he provides. He also doesn't know what to do most times with the ball which leads to bad decisions. I remember that one instance when he held onto the ball in the first half expecting hererra to be a mind reader.

I agree jose is terrible for United but one thing you absolutely cannot blame mourinho for is how Overrated Pogba really is. Unlike the likes of martial, mata and whoever is always dropped after a single bad game, Pogba has been given chance after chance after chance and he still never gets the basics right. He has this view of himself as a creative genius and would rather strut around like messi waiting to receive the ball. I blame that on his time at Juventus.

When he receives criticism which has been 100% justified he cries to his agent and begs to leave. At this point I really don't give a shite about Pogba but we also can't sell him at this point in time while still in "transition" unless offered at least 140 million then I say we take it. I just can't see him being here for long due to his lack of character and godlike complex. Of course things could always change. A good start would be to fire that stupid agent of his but I doubt that will happen.

The ultimate luxury footballer we have on our hands. The team does well he does well, when things aren't going his way he throws a fit. If i was him watching some of my on field antics I would be embarrassed.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I'm telling you, we'd get £100m plus for him. I'm not saying I'd pay that for him, he's a fecking waste of space, but others would.

Look at John Stones for example, Chelsea had a £40m bid rejected for him in 2015 he then had a fecking awful season with Everton and the following summer he went for £50m.

Transfers are just bonkers now. It doesn't make sense, the fact Pogba is an inconsistent arrogant lazy dope won't matter.
Yep.

Reckon he'll go for a bit more than Coutinho did.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Scholes said he doesn't use his brain enough. As much as people ridiculed that, while he may have performed for Juve and France but for us this is often actually true. He's a few seconds slower than everyone on the pitch in the tighter games which is strange given the vision he shows at times. Very odd player. Sublime when he has time and space, shambles when he doesn't. Maybe it's the set up, I don't know. But it's certainly strange.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
This was probably the first performance where I've thought "okay this guy doesn't really care". I always thought the lazy criticism is a bit harsh and IMO even against Brighton (where he was poor), he was still getting on the ball//driving forward/trying to make things happen. However yesterday he was jogging, being there in the stadium made it very obvious to see and there were a fair few in Stretty T2 who were turning on him and calling him out for being lazy.

First time I've been genuinely concerned about Pogba. I think a lot of the criticism in the first 2 years were unjustified and he is comfortably our best outfield player but last night was worrying.

The thing is, I think an in form Pogba = a good United performance, and hen he's not at the races we struggle. Not sure what the answer is as benching him didn't work last season but that performance was worthy of him being benched.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Maybe he was never that good to begin with. A fantastic player to complement a well-drilled team and add flair to it, but not the type who regularly puts in 8/10 performances week in week out.

dove

Hopefully Barca don't watch his games for us and make an offer based on hype/France/Juve. Why every single time he receives the ball he feels he needs to dribble past 1-2 people or just generally slow the build up? He always takes 5s to release the ball... I was one of the few who wasn't impressed us splashing £90million on him. Just hope we can get decent money for him.

NoLogo

Scholes said he doesn't use his brain enough. As much as people ridiculed that, while he may have performed for Juve and France but for us this is often actually true. He's a few seconds slower than everyone on the pitch in the tighter games which is strange given the vision he shows at times. Very odd player. Sublime when he has time and space, shambles when he doesn't. Maybe it's the set up, I don't know. But it's certainly strange.
I think it's actually more an indication of our lack of attacking cohesion. In the other teams he played in he knew exactly who would make runs in which way with us it seems like he always has to look around for like 5 seconds before he actually can pick a pass. It looks weird but I feel a lot if is down to the fact that we either have not enough runners, don't practice our transition game or the players simply have no feeling for each other. Whatever it is, our attacking play, apart from the game against Tottenham actually always looks way too slow. Btw he wasn't the only one having this problem, Matic also was caught a couple of looking around for someone to make a quick pass to but couldn't find anyone.

I hate to always compare us to Liverpool but look at their transitions, ball is won and even a limited player like Milner already knows where his team mates will make runs and where to pass the ball immediately after winning it. Of course the danger here is that oppositions can learn these pattern as well but it's still a lot harder to stop than our often too slow and sloppy transition play.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This place can be so toxic at times.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Maybe he was never that good to begin with. A fantastic player to complement a well-drilled team and add flair to it, but not the type who regularly puts in 8/10 performances week in week out.
Yeah agreed. He needs to drop into a ready made team. Doesn't seem to have the minerals to improve one.

Frank Grimes

He actually played really well versus Leicester tbf. Last 2 performances have not been good enough though. I don't trust him, by that I mean I can't be sure he is given his full commitment.

el3mel

He actually played really well versus Leicester tbf. Last 2 performances have not been good enough though. I don't trust him, by that I can't be sure he is given his full commitment.
That's the problem. He used his good performance against Leicester as a chance to bitch to the media about his relation with the manager as if he's talking from higher ground, then followed it by 2 disastrous performance. That make him pretty unlikable for me, impossible to defend or support from that matter.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Really running out of patience with the lad. I criticised him last season, but i also defended him a lot. But you can't be doing what this guy is doing on the regular. Just completely and utterly half arsing it. Yeah, it's "brave" and "courageous" of him to come out after matches and say it isn't good enough and criticise his own performance, but when that is then followed up by another stinking performance it means feck all.

This default mode that he goes in where he just holds onto the ball forever while holding off one or two players is infuriating. He done it yesterday numerous times and the thing is, there's passes on for him. But he just LOVES encouraging the tackle. My initial reaction here is that i wouldn't give a feck if we binned him or got shot of him. That's probably me being very irrational but it's how i feel at the moment. He's taking the fecking piss

SammyUnited_83

Sorry but he's 4 years on his contract.

1) the club won't sell
2) the club won't sell and the only way they consider it is if the player wants to go, we get a replacement and the offer is a new world record.

Option two can't/won't happen so it's obvious the player stays. Be crazy to suggest otherwise.
I'm not suggesting he does go. I'm saying I want him to go, but no one will be dumb enough (ok maybe PSG) to pay over 200mil for him - because he isn't worth it.

So we are stuck with another player that is overrated and doesn't want to be here.

Hawks2008

There's an elite player in there somewhere but the guy just doesn't give a shit about us. Let Barca take him if they come again and get someone who actually wants to wear the shirt.

The last two games have probably been the worst he has played for us. He plays like he doesn't care. He's so sluggish with the ball and if he can't get into a position to shoot he has no interest in showing for the ball.

He is our most talented player and we should be building a team around him but with his attitude maybe it will be best for us to get rid of him. It's either him or his agent at this point.

Canagel

He is a top player still but not the right fit for this United team unfortunately. We needed a massive rebuild in 2016 but instead we've bought an icing on the cake player. Pogba can elevate an already good team into great one but can't change a poor team into a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.