Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiristao

Why ? He played a fantastic pass into space that invited Herrera to shoot ?
That pass was not really meant to create a goal scoring opportunity. Herrera just took a shot and got lucky with the deflection. I know technically it's an assist but I don't think even Pogba thought that pass would result in a goal.

saivet

Not at his best yet so important for us again. Hopefully he can get even better.

Bwuk

Anyone who says he isn’t good enough needs to stop pretending they have any understanding of football.

Coxy

Fantastic game, most talented player in our squad by far. If he can keep this up he will be world class like he was in his last season at Juventus.
He was always world class. He just wasn’t allowed to play

Prongsy

Grew into the game, and possibly into his season. he looked a bit out of it early on, but good to see him play with swagger. That no looking pass was wow. he had some devilish touches at least on 6-8 instances. its our priority that we use his flair where it should matter significantly. and not waste him like we did early in the first half. Obviously we can't also always pass the ball to him and expect him to dribble 4 players every time or play the best pass. It helped him immensely that Matic had a lot of ball, but Ander also had to orchestrate a lot of accurate passes that kept the tempo, so whenever Pogba was allowed to get into the game, they were in places where once he was not nervous and had confidence, he became too difficult to contain. this is the Pogba we need. we have to make sure he is dangerous and we have to be dangerous to let him play that way. Going to be some ask for us to do all this against PSG in 2 months, but I have hope that we'll build a good side in 2 years with him in it.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m going to reset my brain to factory settings with this guy. Today he looked like a world class midfielder and a proper leader. Well done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Interviewer asking Ole if it was an easy decision to put Pogba back in the team and Ole says "Yeah" in the most most "obviously it's an easy decision to start Paul fecking Pogba". Shouldn't even be a question. Brilliant today.

Paul_Scholes18

Very good performance. I think he will lift under an attacking manager! Hopefully Ole can be the one!

kiristao

but it did so fairplay to him for making that pass.
I repeat I am not denying it was a good pass or that it resulted in a goal. I was talking about how he didn't have such a good first half and that he was lucky to have an assist for the goal as it was not a pass meant to set up a goal and the goal itslef was a lucky deflection.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was brilliant, my favourite player.

When you give a guy with his class passing options, then that spells danger for the oppsition.

ash_86

Brilliant today but this is not his best. The season has just begun for him and i see him hitting great heights and setting a benchmark.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
The angry clown should take a note: Pogba is, and always was, a creative offensive midfielder! Not some bullshit holding/defensive mid. Finally we have a clued-up guy in charge.

ErranMorad

Interviewer asking Ole if it was an easy decision to put Pogba back in the team and Ole says "Yeah" in the most most "obviously it's an easy decision to start Paul fecking Pogba". Shouldn't even be a question. Brilliant today.
From the little I have seen it looks like Ole is very adept at handling the media. They have tried to frame the questions in ways to make it about Pogba, but each time he has skirted it masterfully and made it about the team.

As for Pogba, I thought it was a decent performance from him. I wouldn't go to the extent of calling it brilliant; it was a professional performance. The great part is that he still managed to get a couple of assists. I feel there is a lot more to come from him from now till the end of the season. I would like to see him made the captain again at some point. He anyway by default looks like the captain of the younger lot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Oh yea. All his biggest apologists on my social media streams are silent today. I wonder if they're more Mourinho than United supporters
Saw some guy on twitter say he didnt even react to Rashfords goal because he couldnt give a feck. Embarassing

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
From the little I have seen it looks like Ole is very adept at handling the media. They have tried to frame the questions in ways to make it about Pogba, but each time he has skirted it masterfully and made it about the team.

As for Pogba, I thought it was a decent performance from him. I wouldn't go to the extent of calling it brilliant; it was a professional performance. The great part is that he still managed to get a couple of assists. I feel there is a lot more to come from him from now till the end of the season. I would like to see him made the captain again at some point. He anyway by default looks like the captain of the younger lot.
They are fecking shit stirrers aren't they ?

Loublaze

ATLien
Saw some guy on twitter say he didnt even react to Rashfords goal because he couldnt give a feck. Embarassing
Wow. Some guy I know who is always active and vocal on FB didn't even bother to comment on the game. He just tagged me in a post yesterday with a link to an article about how the players let Mourinho and themselves down. I feel some of these people actually wanted us to lose

Red Stone

A bit sloppy at times, but he proved today that he's our most talented player by a ridiculous margin. People wanting him out are mental. Might be a bit of a twat, but lets not pretend like we haven't had talismanic players who were a bit twattish previously.

AR87

Pogba's top level is the highest of any of our outfield players. He can control and dictate the terms of a match. Will he do it consistently while also doing the necessary dirty work required of a CM? I hope so and the rest of the season I feel will give us the answer under Ole rather than Jose for whom he was never going to do the business every match.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Hopefully the days when we see him playing deep down in midfield are over. I'd prefer to see him sold over experiencing another two and a half years of some illogical mindboggling experiment that only hurts the club along with the player.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's the weight on his passes. When he's in form, it's perfection. So, so so good.

It's as we've always been saying, if you let him play with freedom he will create chances. He does need to sort out the occasional lack of tracking back, but can work on it.

Moonred

He might not be the kind who can put his head down and give his best regardless of what’s happening around him. Hence, needs that comfort and feel good support around him. He will still annoy you with some ordinary decisions and look disinterested but when he is at it, he is superior to most. Baller.

Walters_19_MuFc

Superb game. Hoping he can build from this performance and show more consistency, because he's key to us playing the way we did today.

Johan07

The angry clown should take a note: Pogba is, and always was, a creative offensive midfielder! Not some bullshit holding/defensive mid. Finally we have a clued-up guy in charge.
We played exactly the same system as we have been doing under Mourinho. Positionally within the team.
Pogba had the exact same position. Lingard was as an inverted RW as ever.
Difference being that we pushed up the back four 20 yards on the pitch and maybe even 40 when it comes to the FBs. Young looked like Dani Alves and Shaw like Jordi Alba.
And we pressed the ball.
That made all the difference.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's the weight on his passes. When he's in form, it's perfection. So, so so good.

It's as we've always been saying, if you let him play with freedom he will create chances. He does need to sort out the occasional lack of tracking back, but can work on it.
That one to Shaw was superb. I'm surprised it wasn't mention much.

Then that dipping shot which was tipped off. It was a world class save that even DDG would be proud of.

Mainoldo

“Get him out of our club” they kept saying. He’s going to need us to get behind him and get back to a decent level. So let’s back him.

Status
Not open for further replies.