Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Because Mata has been SO impressive as a RW for us over the last few seasons?

I dont think Pogba and Bruno can play EVERY game together, simply because neither are quite what we need from a Defence perspective.

Both can attack and create and have the engine to be up and down, but neither will be positionally great as a defensive midfielder.

I've been mega critical of Pogba in the past, i have my views and not a lot will change them but to be fair to him, he impacted the game against Spurs and done well to win the penalty.

He lifted us when we were a bit flat but has a lot to do to win us fans around in my opinion
Why not?

Zlatattack

Because Mata has been SO impressive as a RW for us over the last few seasons?

I dont think Pogba and Bruno can play EVERY game together, simply because neither are quite what we need from a Defence perspective.

Both can attack and create and have the engine to be up and down, but neither will be positionally great as a defensive midfielder.

I've been mega critical of Pogba in the past, i have my views and not a lot will change them but to be fair to him, he impacted the game against Spurs and done well to win the penalty.

He lifted us when we were a bit flat but has a lot to do to win us fans around in my opinion
Actually since Bruno showed up he's linked up with him really well. It's no surprise, his previous CAM option was Lingard who was an expert in looking busy and not actually doing anything with the ball. It's no long term option, but i'd much rather see him or Greenwood, rather than James. Running around a lot is not a replacement for being good at Football. He's out of form and needs taking out of the spotlight.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Since James isn't having his best time right now, wonder if it'll be worth giving Pogba shot at a free role from the RW?

I like the Fred/Mctominay base in midfield and it gives Pogba more license to attack.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I can't see it ever happening. Last season, he was our top goalscorer, had the most chances created and assists, along with topping every other stat, and, along with Martial, was the only one performing at the end of José's reign despite being the so called "virus", and was still the one that took all of the abuse after Cardiff.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yet another fellow player defending Paul Pogba’s character.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
They keep trying to find any dirt to justify their treatment of him. Imagine someone being vilified for years just because he likes to dance and sing in his spare time. It's so wrong. Paul Pogba is an extremely strong person to constantly put up with this nonsense.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Who cares what those fanboy players and teammates say. The Sun, Daily Mail and Mourinho say he's the anti-christ so that's what I'll stick with...

not srs

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Since James isn't having his best time right now, wonder if it'll be worth giving Pogba shot at a free role from the RW?

I like the Fred/Mctominay base in midfield and it gives Pogba more license to attack.
Would love to see this. If this work, it would solve so many problems.

jackal&hyde

Who cares what those fanboy players and teammates say. The Sun, Daily Mail and Mourinho say he's the anti-christ so that's what I'll stick with...

not srs
Has there ever been anyone that actually knows him saying bad things about him? Apart from the Toxic One of course.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Has there ever been anyone that actually knows him saying bad things about him? Apart from the Toxic One of course.
No never. Buffon when Pogba left for here said: “The important thing (asked about will he settle in PL) is that his attitude is excellent on the pitch and in training. The thing we will miss most now he has gone is his closeness with everyone in the team.”

Deschamps has said that "The media image doesn't correspond to who he is", specifically saying: "He’s been in the national team since 2013 and he’s always thought about the collective. There’s this idea that he’s a bit individualistic and only thinks about himself but that’s not the case at all."

Marchisio called him a "Great professional" and would have him back at Juve tomorrow. It's endless. Literally everyone apart from Mourinho have only ever had nice words to say about him and have praised his attitude & jovialness especially.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Of all the things Mourinho did here, slandering this guy was the worst.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The internet consensus, presumably based upon ‘body language’ or hairstyles is that he is selfish (‘typical selfish Pogba’ to use a Gary Neville expression) and has a questionable attitude.

Not wanted to say it, but you can’t help but think that with the growing awareness/conversation about racial prejudice within the media - Pogba will have a little more room now to work his way back into form, with pundits thinking twice before steaming in with their traditional cliches. I can see a little more consideration before the lazy, attitude problem stuff gets trotted out now, and tbh just before he is singled out in general. Hopefully that will help him discover his best form in peace.

Adam-Utd

No never. Buffon when Pogba left for here said: “The important thing (asked about will he settle in PL) is that his attitude is excellent on the pitch and in training. The thing we will miss most now he has gone is his closeness with everyone in the team.”

Deschamps has said that the media image doesn't correspond to who he is, specifically saying: "He’s been in the national team since 2013 and he’s always thought about the collective. There’s this idea that he’s a bit individualistic and only thinks about himself but that’s not the case at all."

Marchisio called him a "great professional" and would have him back at Juve tomorrow. It's endless. Literally everyone apart from Mourinho have only ever had nice words to say about him and have praised his attitude & jovialness especially.
Mourinho is a master of minipulation and he knew that he was failing and needed to use a scapegoat. When Pogba dared challenge him over his boring and defensive tactics he slung him under the bus.

Going public calling him a virus and then making out he didn't want to be here anymore played perfectly into Mourinho's hands.

I for one am glad Woodward made the correct decision in getting rid of the REAL virus in Mourinho.

hmchan

Deschamps has said that "The media image doesn't correspond to who he is", specifically saying: "He’s been in the national team since 2013 and he’s always thought about the collective. There’s this idea that he’s a bit individualistic and only thinks about himself but that’s not the case at all."

Marchisio called him a "Great professional" and would have him back at Juve tomorrow. It's endless. Literally everyone apart from Mourinho have only ever had nice words to say about him and have praised his attitude & jovialness especially.
The major culprit responsible for the circus around Pogba is the media. They had labelled him as a flop at the moment he returned, even before he played his debut. They were too desperate to make a big fuss over his pricetag and they certainly couldn't afford to change their viewpoints and admit mistakes. They have an agenda to bring Pogba down whenever possible. That's why they pick his flaws when he's having a bad day, or attack his hairstyle when he's playing well.

This also applies to the so-called war between Mourinho and Pogba. We were not Mourinho nor Pogba and we wouldn't know what was actually going on. People basically judged only on what the media had presented to us (which was clearly biased), and that's why they had a gripe. From what I saw, Mourinho chose to stick with Pogba at that time, despite his reputation for dropping and getting rid of disobedient players. He didn't actively put him on the transfer list either. Therefore, I highly doubted whether their relationship was as bad as the media described. In my opinion, the media exaggerated the incident and were largely responsible for the circus.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The difference in valuation of both players involved is only 10-20m but I don't think Juve can afford him this season.
Well it is really a swap deal with Pjanic. If we were willing to trade Pogba for Pjanic, and agreed to value a 30 year old CM at €80m, then Juve would have probably made a deal with us.

As it is though, both clubs are blatantly fraudulently itemising the deal, inflating the value of both players, and then recording them as separate transactions so that they can show massive income on their books.

At €80m, Juve wouldn’t be buying Arthur either. It is just blatant fiddling of the books.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Mourinho is a master of minipulation and he knew that he was failing and needed to use a scapegoat. When Pogba dared challenge him over his boring and defensive tactics he slung him under the bus.

Going public calling him a virus and then making out he didn't want to be here anymore played perfectly into Mourinho's hands.

I for one am glad Woodward made the correct decision in getting rid of the REAL virus in Mourinho.
Pogba is a legend for saying what he did. After the poor draw at home to Wolves last season he said: “Obviously we should show more options of playing but I cannot say that because I’m a player, that’s my way of thinking: we should move better, we should move more. “Not a lot of movement in front.'' “When we are at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We are here to attack.'' Talk about calling Mourinho's dinosaur tactics out. :D

2 days later with no explanation offered, he's stripped of the vice captaincy, and told he would never captain us again. That was what started it all you're right.

Adam-Utd

Pogba is a legend for saying what he did. After the poor draw at home to Wolves last season he said: “Obviously we should show more options of playing but I cannot say that because I’m a player, that’s my way of thinking: we should move better, we should move more. “Not a lot of movement in front.'' “When we are at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We are here to attack.'' Talk about calling Mourinho's dinosaur tactics out. :D

2 days later with no explanation offered, he's stripped of the vice captaincy, and told he would never captain us again. That was what started it all you're right.
Yep. Then we had the public stunt of Mourinho confronting him on purpose in front of the TV cameras that he KNEW would be filming a live training session.

You have to then laugh when we played Newcastle at home and the rumours were rampant about Jose getting sacked if we didn't get a result - we end up going 2-0 down and who is it that rescues him? Pogba.

laughtersassassin

The funniest thing about Jose reign was that the two players who saved his job time and time again where Pogba and Martial.

Never any of his favourites. Matic and Lukaku and for the most part even Rashford where never there to save him.

Funny how the man never appreciated that.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The internet consensus, presumably based upon ‘body language’ or hairstyles is that he is selfish (‘typical selfish Pogba’ to use a Gary Neville expression) and has a questionable attitude.

Not wanted to say it, but you can’t help but think that with the growing awareness/conversation about racial prejudice within the media - Pogba will have a little more room now to work his way back into form, with pundits thinking twice before steaming in with their traditional cliches. I can see a little more consideration before the lazy, attitude problem stuff gets trotted out now, and tbh just before he is singled out in general. Hopefully that will help him discover his best form in peace.
I've been thinking the exact same thing. People might think twice before throwing the lazy stereotypes and accusations at him, now that current events are hopefully changing society and the media in general. The treatment he has got goes beyond analysing his performances. His character has constantly been falsely questioned throughout. At what point does that become slander? The PL are now working with Prince Williams' mental health charity called 'Heads Together' too. ''The campaign hopes to emphasise that the mental health of players is as important as their physical health.'' Hopefully that's another avenue that helps to protect the players too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I've been thinking the exact same thing. People might think twice before throwing the lazy stereotypes and accusations at him, now that current events are hopefully changing society and the media in general. The treatment he has got goes beyond analysing his performances. His character has constantly been falsely questioned throughout. At what point does that become slander? The PL are now working with Prince Williams' mental health charity called 'Heads Together' too. ''The campaign hopes to emphasise that the mental health of players is as important as their physical health.'' Hopefully that's another avenue that helps to protect the players too.
I think there’s been a visible change so far since the return (although David Luiz may disagree!). Let’s see if it continues.

DoomSlayer

The funniest thing about Jose reign was that the two players who saved his job time and time again where Pogba and Martial.

Never any of his favourites. Matic and Lukaku and for the most part even Rashford where never there to save him.

Funny how the man never appreciated that.
Rashford was never Mourinho's favourite. Otherwise, I agree with the rest.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yep. Then we had the public stunt of Mourinho confronting him on purpose in front of the TV cameras that he KNEW would be filming a live training session.

You have to then laugh when we played Newcastle at home and the rumours were rampant about Jose getting sacked if we didn't get a result - we end up going 2-0 down and who is it that rescues him? Pogba.
Yeah it was a joke really.

Yeah and Martial too. If they wanted him sacked, they could have just downed tools and let us lose, but credit to them, they played for the fans and never sunk to his level.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Rashford was never Mourinho's favourite. Otherwise, I agree with the rest.
I don't want to go there but Mourinho loved Rashford. He was never frozen out or harshly criticised like other players were. He played a ton of mins under him.

jackal&hyde

That's what most of us were thinking at the time but somehow Pogba became the villain.

Rolaholic

That's what most of us were thinking at the time but somehow Pogba became the villain.
Yea it was pretty jarring seeing him get attacked for voicing an opinion that a majority of the caf had been voicing for weeks prior at the time only for it to end up being used as a stick to beat him with :lol::houllier:. The football had become as dire as the December from hell under LVG.

If he didn't actually care about the direction and state of the club, as so many seemed to believe, he wouldn't have said anything

DoomSlayer

Not sure about most, there are still a scary amount of Mourinho fanboys on the Caf. The crazy part is seeing how many people on Twitter became Spurs supporters due to Mourinho, even though they claim to be United fans as well. :houllier:

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

Not sure about most, there are still a scary amount of Mourinho fanboys on the Caf. The crazy part is seeing how many people on Twitter became Spurs supporters due to Mourinho, even though they claim to be United fans and well. :houllier:
I know people that want Ole to fail just so that another manager doesn't do better then Mou. He has his fanboys no doubt.

Dr. McBeasty

Should also be notable that this week, Tottenham's record signing is now refusing to ever play for Mourinho again. Jose has been attacking Ndombele constantly since arriving, and it looks like the situation may no longer be salvageable. Wonder what Spurs fans make of this, and how similar this seems to his row with Pogba.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know people that want Ole to fail just so that another manager doesn't do better then Mou. He has his fanboys no doubt.
I don't get people like that, it's a lot healthier to be a turncoat. :D

jackal&hyde

Yea it was pretty jarring seeing him get attacked for voicing an opinion that a majority of the caf had been voicing for weeks prior at the time only for it to end up being used as a stick to beat him with :lol::houllier:. The football had become as dire as the December from hell under LVG.

If he didn't actually care about the direction and state of the club, as so many seemed to believe, he wouldn't have said anything
This is the narrative that actually annoys me. Every single person that knows Paul, from players to managers say how dedicated and how professional he is, except for Mourinho of course. He has to be Keane in defense and leadership, Scholes in play making and Lampard in scoring and assist; if he doesn't deliver in one of this aspects, you never hear the end of it; and it's usually something about his character, or hair cut :houllier:

This is a good example of a hater rather then a critic imo. Starts at 14:15

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don't want to go there but Mourinho loved Rashford. He was never frozen out or harshly criticised like other players were. He played a ton of mins under him.
Dont you remember hi, throwing Rashford and Martial under the bus after the Brighton game to justify why he always picked Lukaku ? Or his reaction in a Europa game when Rashford missed a chance. Rashford mocked that on Twitter after he scored both and we beat Spurs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.