6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

:drool: Ah, that's more like it, it's why football is fun. Thanks Paul.

He brought the sexiness of football when he play, with his delicious passing range, vision and techniques. Then there's the way he attacks, damn so good! :devil: I want more! Ole could've sub him in earlier though.

Comments about his defending:
Good effort again, better wariness defending our box and loves to tackle with his long legs, but seriously he doesn't know how to defend properly isn't he, too risky when we're at the back.. :nervous: I'm not an expert but he only needs to do one thing ---> "Contain" players, don't rush in with the tackles, easy to give cheap fouls and set-pieces.. even yellow cards. Maybe the coaches could teach him that. Just contain players to gain some times and team mates will eventually help.

Web of Bissaka

We need some one as good/as close as possible in the defensive midfield role. Cannot have an 79% pass completion player there, even though he only makes simple passes, Mctominay.

Fernandes and Pogba are class. Almost embarrassing having Mctominay in there. It will be great having three midfielders who can actually pass.
McT cannot pass ?

Bruno had slightly worse pass success rate around 75% so we should drop him

Untd55

McT cannot pass ?

Bruno had slightly worse pass success rate around 75% so we should drop him
Mctominay only does simple passes and fails. Fernandes tries difficult balls constantly. There is a huge difference. If Fernandes only did Mctominay style passes, he would be at 90% easily.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If last night was a good game don’t enjoy it too much, as according to the ratio I’ve been told repeatedly for 9 months he has one great game then is terrible for the next 4. So 4 rubbish games coming up I guess.

RUCK4444

In This improved side and alongside Bruno this will be the norm with a player of Pogba’s ability.

I’ve been saying so for so long.

He’s not a Robson that will carry a sub standard team on his own. He’s a Cantona type that is the icing on the cake to a functional side.

In my opinion it’s probably the most important thing we can do to tie him down to a new contract. He’s a game changer and has no weakness to his game other than his level drops when playing amongst poor players, under poor managers (shock horror that describes 98% of all players.) And even then has our best numbers for goals and assists.

Imagine having two world class playmakers tied down to long contracts, you build the team around that sh*t. You don’t sell one because you have another.

Stevondo8

Took the p out of dier in winning the penalty, and that half volley pass to Rashford was something to behold, not many players in the world could execute that.

I've not been his biggest fan over his time at the club, but I’m looking forward to him and Bruno joining forces from kick-off against sheff utd midweek.

reddevilchennai

Yesterday's game reminded us why Pogba is massively important for our squad. He can be inconsistent over 90 mins period but when he can create chances like that in a game against a team sitting very deep, the inconsistency seems acceptable.
He was very lively yesterday. Mr.Ed make sure you make an offer he can't refuse!

Pogba signing contract extension and signing Sancho will make us Top 3 contenders. If we sign a DM like Thomas Partey along with Sancho, we are going to challenge for title.

Reactions: Penna

jackal&hyde

Yesterday's game reminded us why Pogba is massively important for our squad. He can be inconsistent over 90 mins period but when he can create chances like that in a game against a team sitting very deep, the inconsistency seems acceptable.
He was very lively yesterday. Mr.Ed make sure you make an offer he can't refuse!

Pogba signing contract extension and signing Sancho will make us Top 3 contenders. If we sign a DM like Thomas Partey along with Sancho, we are going to challenge for title.
Yes. We need to extend his contract as the number one priority. A very, very special player with inconsistency and all. He's just unstoppable when in form and can create chances with his eyes closed. There is a reason he was voted in team of the year last season by his fellow professionals.

Le Red

You don't need to precise you're not a hater :lol: He can only offer as much as the player he's surrounded with, it's important that his critics and haters alike understand that.
Haha that wasn't my meaning. I wanted to underline that the criticism was fair, but the hate was not justified.
He's a world class player that can take any team in the world to another level. His mind has to be on it though, and right now it looks like it is. Long it may continue.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Man was clearly feeling it. Can't come back after 6 months and not burn up your stamina very quickly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Custis come on to Sunday Supplement to give him a kicking. Darren Lewis (unsurprisingly) defending him with just about everything I say. This conversation will continue to divide. Martyn Ziegler I feel has been balanced in the middle.

RedDevilUnited369

Custis is a fool. Idiot used Wayne Rooney and clearly forgot Rooney wanted to leave and openly flirted with City.

He can’t hide his hate for Pogba.

M16Red

Custis come on to Sunday Supplement to give him a kicking. Darren Lewis (unsurprisingly) defending him with just about everything I say. This conversation will continue to divide. Martyn Ziegler I feel has been balanced in the middle.
There was a undertone to that trade I feel.

Hope Pogba can really get a run of game, we still have a couple of cups up for grabs

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There was a undertone to that trade I feel.

Hope Pogba can really get a run of game, we still have a couple of cups up for grabs
All the cliches were present in the rant. There was actually no positivity for his performance on Friday.

TheReligion

Abusive
I thought Pogba was excellent today in his 30 Minute cameo. Looked sharp, motivated and in tune with the rest of the team. Hope OGS finds a way to start him and Bruno in all our remaining fixtures, as we have so many attacking options with those two plus any front 3.

Aside from Leicester all remaining teams will sit back and demand that we open them up, so we’ll need as much creativity as possible. Get a 2-0 lead and then rest either if needed.

The hope has to be that he inspires us into CL, we sign Sancho and that convinces him to stay to make a real challenge for CL nest year. That’s what I’d like. Highly unlikely anyone can afford to buy him so hopefully that concentrates his mind.
Very much agree with you.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Reminded me of his debut against Saints. When he's fit and in the mood he's without a shadow of a doubt the best player in the league, IMO. United did the right thing here siding with him over Mourinho. In a few months he's probably the best player in the world, there's nothing he can't do on the pitch. Souness, shut your mouth.

United are so lucky to have him. I absolutely love watching him play, he's the biggest star for United since C.Ronaldo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s just good that he’s at least back on the pitch. So much has been said. He’s been away for so long and it’s been open season in that time. For me personally, it’s been a little exhausting trying to defend him. At least now he’s back, he can defend himself.

Canagel

Why is His agility and quick feet for a such tall player not spoken about enough. Guy beats players for fun and makes them look like fools out on that RW. Better dribbling than your favorite wingers by a CM :lol:

A special player

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Why is His agility and quick feet for a such tall player not spoken about enough. Guy beats players for fun and makes them look like fools out on that RW. Better dribbling than your favorite wingers by a CM :lol:

A special player
His positives, in general, are not spoken about enough. There are plenty of good things in his game if you want to talk about them.

He'sRaldo

It’s just good that he’s at least back on the pitch. So much has been said. He’s been away for so long and it’s been open season in that time. For me personally, it’s been a little exhausting trying to defend him. At least now he’s back, he can defend himself.
True. At the end of the day, no matter what anyone says, the proof is undeniable on the pitch.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

A special player
Makes even wingers look less skillful, his close control is just awesome.

RUCK4444

A special player
He does things like with almost every single time he has license to get forward, one of the reasons I don’t really like him having to play in a two at the base of midfield.

People that want him out of the team are just mind boggling to me. Proper head f*ck when I see people happy when he’s not starting etc.

Yagami

Good post resistant
:lol: Seriously what even is this? You lot are absolute weirdo's sometimes.
To be fair, your post was one of the weirdest in this thread! The fact that you found it hard to give any outright praise without some backhands after that showing was quite telling.

Dr. McBeasty

The big question coming into the restart seemed to be if Pogba and Bruno were going to be able to play together. All it took was about 15 minutes before the question changed to how can we possibly play without Pogba and Bruno together. He's a great player who excels when he plays next to other great players (just look at the Juve and France lineups he's been part of). His defensive positioning & awareness is not always quite there, but he knows how to tackle and his strength/speed combination makes him very tough for an attacker to take on. The end of this season is going to be a lot of fun to watch, and I just hope he enjoys it here and is willing to commit his future to the club.

Craig Ward

The big question coming into the restart seemed to be if Pogba and Bruno were going to be able to play together. All it took was about 15 minutes before the question changed to how can we possibly play without Pogba and Bruno together. He's a great player who excels when he plays next to other great players (just look at the Juve and France lineups he's been part of). His defensive positioning & awareness is not always quite there, but he knows how to tackle and his strength/speed combination makes him very tough for an attacker to take on. The end of this season is going to be a lot of fun to watch, and I just hope he enjoys it here and is willing to commit his future to the club.
I dont think anyone is doubting Pogba and Fernandes are both good players and could click. Good players do click, the issue is for me anyway, Pogba being played deep doesnt suit him or us.

Pogba needs an auro of freedom, and frankly over his time here he has been given that and not always been consistent. He's too defensively naive to be replied upon from a deep position for me. He may make a couple of good long balls throughout a game, but for me that doesnt make up for giving up silly fouls or being run past by his opposition number all game, putting more pressure on his midfield partner and defence.

I think Pogba and Bruno can work but only as a 4-1-2-3. Better teams will ruin pogba if he plays from deep, it didnt really matter against spurs cos they werent really playing through us or attacking at all. Was a good cameo against a poor spurs.

I've said in the past, if we can use him he can be a good player. His good moments are appreciated, just a shame his work ethic doesnt seem to match.

Talented, but he doesnt make the most of it for me which is frustrating.

With his talent and physical attributes he shouldnt need to rely on other players so much - he could dictate and impact games much more than he has. His contract is a worry - he doesnt deserve a bumper new contract and from his and his agents comments he isnt committed long term. We have a dilemma with him

romufc

There has been alot said about Pogba and his consistency.

Under Jose, park the bus football - This is not Pogba's style of play, he is an attacking player and if you curb that, ofcourse you will get inconsistency.

Under Ole, Pogba has been fantastic and we even started the season well with him in it.

I think we will see what Pogba is in the next few weeks.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m always on here criticising Pogba so just in case I’m accused of bias, I want to post a positive review of his performance on Friday. Top notch in just about everything he did, changed the game and won us a point. Please can we have the same Paul Pogba every match.

POF

Fantastic performance at Spurs. The run for the penalty was pure class but that pass to Rashford was just incredible. He is an incredible talent.

I hope he can hit a run of consistent form now.

Some really good signs too in the link up with Bruno. If at least 2 of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood hit form, this is a really good attacking unit.

Zlatattack

We absolutely have to play him and Bruno together, regardless of who the opposition is. I'd also like to see Mata on the RW instead of James too. 3 Creative players, they'd gel so well i reckon.

Craig Ward

We absolutely have to play him and Bruno together, regardless of who the opposition is. I'd also like to see Mata on the RW instead of James too. 3 Creative players, they'd gel so well i reckon.
Because Mata has been SO impressive as a RW for us over the last few seasons?

I dont think Pogba and Bruno can play EVERY game together, simply because neither are quite what we need from a Defence perspective.

Both can attack and create and have the engine to be up and down, but neither will be positionally great as a defensive midfielder.

I've been mega critical of Pogba in the past, i have my views and not a lot will change them but to be fair to him, he impacted the game against Spurs and done well to win the penalty.

He lifted us when we were a bit flat but has a lot to do to win us fans around in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.