6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

I dont think any player in the league is capable of the moves like that(Or can win penalty like that), I have no idea how he beat Dier with almost no space at all. For a player of his size, his feet is insanely quick.
Something about him, he can read someone's defending ability. He can absolutely humiliate defenders if he wants to. It's just that he can't do that regularly in midfield.

When in that position, it's an absolute nightmare for defenders.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Him and Bruno with Matic holding should be the only option vs Sheffield United now. If we start quick, Pogba and Bruno could have an absolute field day against their defence too

Canagel

Woodward better throw whatever bags are necessary to keep him at both him and Raiola

Paul motherfecking Labile Pogba :drool:
needs assurances of better players. Paul will be tired soon playing with some of these wasters

Paul_Scholes18

He should start the next game, obviously.

I'd stick Matic and Fred in with him and Ferdnandes - go with a midfield diamond/4-3-1-2. I'm not generally a fan of that system but we now have a decent selection of midfielders available and no wide players of any quality, so lets go narrow.

De Gea

Wan Bissaka Bailly Maguire Shaw

Fred Matic Pogba

Bruno

Martial Rashford​
I think we should go more attacking with Greenwood too. No need for so many midfielders against Sheffield I think.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
A lot of people truly just want 1 man to carry the side. It's pretty ridiculous. Barca fans get pissed that Messi has to do that and he's literally Messi. It just shows how fans' standards have lowered. We should have as talented an 11 as we can possibly get. Get Sancho to add to Bruno and Pogba. Everything changes with that amount of talent.
Exactly. Quality over quantity or we'll never cement ourselves in Champions League again, simple as that.

He'sRaldo

The very reluctant praise the commentator gave after that brilliant ball to Rashford says it all.

If it was KDB he'd be waxing lyrical.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Think it was a good decision to bring him from the bench today - Kane and Rashford were both non-existent and the last time Pogba was started after a period of injury, he ended up getting injured again and out for longer. Pogba came on and made the difference. Would have liked to have seen him play much longer but he should start the next game with Bruno.

dal

It was one game guys, let’s not get carried away. He had a great attitude today I hope he keeps that up and it wasn’t just for Mourinho.

Oles instructions To pogba.

Man Utd Third > No nonsense
Middles Third > Quick Release
Final Third > let the magic happen

criticalanalysis

I dont think any player in the league is capable of the moves like that(Or can win penalty like that), I have no idea how he beat Dier with almost no space at all. For a player of his size, his feet is insanely quick.
His hesitations, body feints coupled with light feet and technique is second to none. Everyone's been saying about forming a base behind him because if we can get those turns and moments in midfield, he would be facing the opposition's pitch and making dangerous transitions, which open up the game.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He should start the next game, obviously.

I'd stick Matic and Fred in with him and Ferdnandes - go with a midfield diamond/4-3-1-2. I'm not generally a fan of that system but we now have a decent selection of midfielders available and no wide players of any quality, so lets go narrow.

De Gea

Wan Bissaka Bailly Maguire Shaw

Fred Matic Pogba

Bruno

Martial Rashford​
Id go with this too.

Rolaholic

Exactly. Quality over quantity or we'll never cement ourselves in Champions League again, simple as that.
Every big club around Europe knows this and tries to stockpile talent as a result yet so many of our fans seem to prefer having just 1 or 2 quality players and letting them try to carry a side. It's never worked that way, even in England the successful sides like Liverpool and Citeh all have a wealth of quality necessary to compete on all fronts

The most successful sides in the clubs history under Fergie were stocked with quality in each position, not just 1 or 2 standouts

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I think it was right to start him on the bench.... Not because of any of this needs to earn his place stuff, but Tottenham are still a good side and this was the first game in a good few months, so you've gotta take some precautions.

That being said, his 30mins was exceptional and it gives us a positive idea of what him and Bruno could do against lesser sides.
If we can press high up the pitch and mark players, with both Pogba and Bruno pressing and taking up good defensive positions, we can press high and effectively and this would mean having two players like this on the pitch less risky.

I don't think people question Pogba's quality, it's his desire sometimes, but if we can get him signed up, motivated and with players around him, this team is going in the right direction.

Sancho on the right would be a great piece of the jigsaw.
Jury still out on Martial. I just don't know how effectively he can lead the line. He does go missing at times

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It was one game guys, let’s not get carried away. He had a great attitude today I hope he keeps that up and it wasn’t just for Mourinho.

Oles instructions To pogba.

Man Utd Third > No nonsense
Middles Third > Quick Release
Final Third > let the magic happen

More like it's from last 3-4 years. Yes he had his ups and downs but Pogba is always one of our best player.

OleBoiii

He's obviously world class. The issue has always been whether or not he is committed to stay.

Hope he starts next game.

Wicked_Badger

Listening to OGS post match, it certainly doesn’t sound like he’s around to stay. Either that or he’s trying to play down his praises to keep him on his toes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pogba was really good today and whats more, his chemistry is already showing with Bruno

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Every big club around Europe knows this and tries to stockpile talent as a result yet so many of our fans seem to prefer having just 1 or 2 quality players and letting them try to carry a side. It's never worked that way, even in England the successful sides like Liverpool and Citeh all have a wealth of quality necessary to compete on all fronts

The most successful sides in the clubs history under Fergie were stocked with quality in each position
Absolutely. Klopp sold above 25 players in his 4 years at Liverpool and made space for quality, while we still discussing futures of players like Jones and Lingard in 2020.

For some reason we're also very slow in making our bench consisting of players with impact and that also hurt us a lot in last years.

dirkey

Great cameo! Keep it up. I've moaned repeatedly about him, but he turned the game tonight.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Listening to OGS post match, it certainly doesn’t sound like he’s around to stay. Either that or he’s trying to play down his praises to keep him on his toes.
:lol: talk about jump to conclusions

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

The most successful sides in the clubs history under Fergie were stocked with quality in each position, not just 1 or 2 standouts
The bar seems to on the floor with our fan base. “Bruno & Pogba can’t play together” No idea what happened to our standards.

Mr Smith

He's not bad is he?

Yeah... needs to start every match now. Our best player by a far way. If he and Bruno turn it on in the games to come the way they did in the second half, we could legitimately pick up maximum points for the remaining 8 games.

Infra-red

I think we should go more attacking with Greenwood too. No need for so many midfielders against Sheffield I think.
Not sure who we play behind Pogba & Bruno though (which has the potential to be fairly porous). Matic is the only proper #6 at the club, but I'm not sure he has the legs to cover for two #8/#10 hybrids on his own.

Paul_Scholes18

Not sure who we play behind Pogba & Bruno though (which has the potential to be fairly porous). Matic is the only proper #6 at the club, but I'm not sure he has the legs to cover for two #8/#10 hybrids on his own.
I would probably give it to Matic. Was not happy with Fred and Mctominay today.

SuperiorXI

I don't get the logic behind not starting him?

Fair enough the team did well without him etc but Scunthorpe United does "well" without Lionel Messi.

Rolaholic

Sounds about right, good players will always want to play with other good players.

So excited to see more of those 2, they seemed to be on the same wavelength from the start. Can only what they might be capable of playing together week in and week out

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pogba is underrated defensively and Bruno sprints around 90 minutes every game like a mad man. Its a very good 2 in front of whoever, and its not something we have to be overly concerned about IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.