6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Played a bit deeper than i have expected but great game altogether.

It's quite simple, he's our best player and if we aim to be successful once again football wise, then we should do our best to keep our best players. If by some odd shot we manage to keep and extend his contact whilst acquiring Sancho, we would be a force to be reckon with.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Need to keep Pogba happy having Pogba + Fernandes and a CDM honestly that midfield can dominate in any game.

Keep Pogba and honestly I think players will want to sign for United.

When you see playing with Bruno, Pogba, and if Sancho comes... United really won't struggle to sign players.

Plus it will be a wonderful young team with lots of room to grow, that can start to challenge again.

It's essential Pogba stays.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon but seemed like he has a burden lift off his shoulder with the presence of Bruno. All around tidy, great control, movements with and without the ball without trying too hard.
Exactly what he and we needed. A 2nd creative wingman to take the pressure off him and give the opposition something else to worry about.

No longer is it "stop pogba stop united".

Pogba just strutted around slinging passes left right and centre today, and that run in the 2nd half :drool: close your legs lad!

0le

Exactly what he and we needed. A 2nd creative wingman to take the pressure off him and give the opposition something else to worry about.

Pogba just strutted around slinging passes left right and centre today, and that run in the 2nd half :drool: close your legs lad!
Yeah that run was awesome. Pogba is class. Its incredible having two world class midfielders again.

Mainoldo

If Pogba can be the best player on the pitch for the remaining of our games we will get Top 4. It’s that simple.

flappyjay

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon but seemed like he has a burden lift off his shoulder with the presence of Bruno. All around tidy, great control, movements with and without the ball without trying too hard.
It was my observation too, usually we just give the ball to him to do something. It must feel good for him to share that burden with Bruno.

Alemar

This is the Pogba we know from France national team. Very useful as a player, dictates play and creates chances. Much more difficult for opposition now when they need to keep an eye on Pogba and Bruno simultaneously.

MadMike

It's of no surprise to anyone that the team is much better with Pog in it than without him. That's been obvious for years now.
So glad to have him back. And to think people wanted him off the team and to not wear the jersey again, for allegedly being a disruptive influence or whatnot.

Steven7290

That was filthy, nutmeg followed by 2 elasticos. If Martial didnt snap that shot I fancy him slot that ball into the net. But oh well can't be too greedy.

He'sRaldo

I think he'll soon emerge as the best midfielder in the league once we are fully functional.

The world? Don't want to talk about that yet.

KennyBurner

I know its early but I really think we should start looking at offering him a new contract. He is bound to start producing consistent worldcass performances and I dont want PSG or Madrid getting any ideas.

UtdAgain08

I think Ole could be doing the right thing with Pogba playing a bit deeper and still controlling the game. Also allows Bruno to do his thing without them getting the way of each other.

Rolaholic

His passing range was on full display today with him playing a bit deeper and my word, there isn't a single type of pass he cannot make with pinpoint accuracy.

You can't teach that kind of vision and anticipation of passing lanes

Hephaestus

Well yeah, but apart from the aerial duels won, the duels won, final ⅓ entries, the penalty area entries, the recoveries, the take-ons completed and the chances created, what has Pogba done to justify his place?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Two talented attackers centrally is the way to go. The best form of defense is attack and that's the mentality that needs to be adopted again.

Best player on the pitch for me, even though hattrick hero Martial will take the plaudits and i'm not gonna begrudge him for that because he was superb too.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just an unbelievable player and as expected hes formed an instant relationship with Fernandes.

edcunited1878

He can go deeper towards the backline now that there's Bruno ahead of him who can play the passes for chances created or retain possession higher up the pitch in order for the team, and Pogba, to push up higher into better attacking positions.

Glad he doesn't have to carry all the burden anymore and cannot be completely marked out because of Bruno. The emergence of Rashford and the threat of Greenwood also contributes to the balance of the team and allows Pogba to play his game without the concern of if he's kept quiet, the entire team is quiet.

He'sRaldo

He can go deeper towards the backline now that there's Bruno ahead of him who can play the passes for chances created or retain possession higher up the pitch in order for the team, and Pogba, to push up higher into better attacking positions.

Glad he doesn't have to carry all the burden anymore and cannot be completely marked out because of Bruno. The emergence of Rashford and the threat of Greenwood also contributes to the balance of the team and allows Pogba to play his game without the concern of if he's kept quiet, the entire team is quiet.
So you're saying he can only be world class with good players? Sell.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’m going to make a controversial statement.....that was a typical Paul Pogba performance for United. Tidy with moments of brilliance. The difference now is he doesn’t have to force things as much, with Bruno there to help with the burden.

I’d say if you watch 10 united games over the past four seasons, 5 would be this, 3 would be out of this world and 2 would be poor.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’m going to make a controversial statement.....that was a typical Paul Pogba performance for United. Tidy with moments of brilliance. The difference now is he doesn’t have to force things as much, with Bruno there to help with the burden.

I’d say if you watch 10 united games over the past four seasons, 5 would be this, 3 would be out of this world and 2 would be poor.
I agree, and most people would criticise him for it.

Very good again, key pass for the third too.

Mainoldo

This is the Pogba we know from France national team. Very useful as a player, dictates play and creates chances. Much more difficult for opposition now when they need to keep an eye on Pogba and Bruno simultaneously.
I don’t think anything has changed for Pogba. He’s just got Bruno he’s playing exactly the same.

edcunited1878

Agreed. When he's poor, he's sloppy in possession and is slow to release the ball. But hopefully he can continue playing within himself and allow others to come into the game and link with Bruno.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's what happened with France when Griezmann appeared, their relationship on the field is the most important because they both alternate between creation and management, the opposition can't focus on just one and when they are out of sort the other is generally able to keep things ticking.

Deery

Dreary
Looked comfortable tonight playing his role in the team. It looked as if a burden was lifted off him, wasn’t spectacular but it’s reassuring knowing what he’s got in his locker too if needed..

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination

Agree wholeheartedly. There isn't that burden to force things as much with Bruno on the pitch. Felt like in some games we were asking him to distribute the ball from deep and also create in the final third. He no longer has that burden. I like it when he keeps it simple, and picks the right moment to showcase the more flamboyant side of his game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m just happy he can defend himself now. It was all too easy for many to stick the boot in every day while he was not able to speak on the pitch. The things I read on here. A couple months into the season it seemed half the posters thought McTominay was better than him or something. Only Kevin de Bruyne is better. And if we become as good as City, even that will come into question.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

The controversial part is that Pogba doesnt have 2 poor games out of 10. It's difficult enough to find 15 actually poor games let alone 30 out of the 150 that he played since 2016.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Awesome game, ideal match for him with lots of space. Won’t get carried away because we’ve been here before and one ray of sunshine doesn’t make a summer, but fantastic game and hopefully he carries on in that way.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The controversial part is that Pogba doesnt have 2 poor games out of 10. It's difficult enough to find 15 actually poor games let alone 30 out of the 150 that he played since 2016.
Of course I would agree but I’m trying to be balanced for those who seem to think he’s had a handful of good games in four years. This game tonight....that’s been Pogba here and for me, it’s been good.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Liked him deeper today. It's funny what a bloke can do when he's not being asked to be in at least two places at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.