6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoLogo

This is more like the Pogba I would hoped to see from the very start for us. Doesn't force it. Keeps it simply with some great passing some great dribbles in between but doesn't look like he is constantly trying for make things happen on his own. More of that please.

DCP

Absolutely perfect midfield performance. He’s an absolute beast.

He'sRaldo

I’m going to make a controversial statement.....that was a typical Paul Pogba performance for United. Tidy with moments of brilliance. The difference now is he doesn’t have to force things as much, with Bruno there to help with the burden.

I’d say if you watch 10 united games over the past four seasons, 5 would be this, 3 would be out of this world and 2 would be poor.
For sure, the team needs to win more for him to get unreserved plaudits.

Hopefully that's what happens next season.

RedDevilRoshi

His best performance since Ole became the permanent manager.

Just hope we can convince him to stay long term.

Adamsk7

I loved this performance because he was playing like he had nothing to prove . Kept it simple, played percentages and when it was time to show his skills or passing range, he did. This is Paul Pogba.

Dan_F

It’s almost as if it’s very hard to be a 8/10 player every week in a shit team, with no confidence. Hopefully people will start to accept that there will be times he’ll lose the ball in our half, or be out of place because he’s attacked the box. It’s definitely worth it though isn’t it.

RUCK4444

I’m sure there was a poster here who advocated that Pogba would play to his potential when surrounded by better players and a functional / balanced side... just like he did at Juve and with France...

Oh yeah that was me. :wenger: (And some others in fairness)

Love him, absolute joy to watch a player with his ability and athleticism.

Still the most important thing the club needs to do is to tie him down to a new contract.

RedCurry

There will be much tougher tests for him but this performance was absolute imperious from him.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Great game from the big man. Seems to look physically great, I see no signs of injury and he looks happy which is only a good thing. Hopefully his agent can keep his mouth shut for as long as Pogba stays in this type of form. Having both him and Bruno in there was way too much for Sheffield, they weren't ready. Hopefully it'll work against different teams too, because having them both there gives Martial and Rashford a lot more action.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This is about standard performance for Pogba, without him needing to have the ball every time to create any sort of danger, it allows him to pick and choose better without having to force anything. I'm expecting nothing less from him, should have had an assist with that gorgeous chipped pass for Rashford.

Steve 007

I am going to be the doom and gloom merchant. Pogba has been brilliant the last two games but I’m worried he’s raised his game as he hasn’t liked Bruno getting all those plaudits. He wants to be the main man. IF he stays and IF his agent stops the Constant BS, we’d be great team but the problem I have is that If he does down tools again next season he’ll drag the rest down with him.

AKDevil

This is more like the Pogba I would hoped to see from the very start for us. Doesn't force it. Keeps it simply with some great passing some great dribbles in between but doesn't look like he is constantly trying for make things happen on his own. More of that please.
agree. Just give me 7 out of 10 performances and the occasional 8s and 9s will come. Simplifying some of his game is definitely key.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Absolutely bossed it. What a player. To be fair, it is the kind of match that suits him, but we should have a lot of those for the last few weeks of this season.

Distribution and tempo wise he was the metronome, which really frees up Bruno. Will only get better too.

Steve 007

I’d be shocked but then where are his options? I don’t think Madrid want him enough to pay the money.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Do we think he'll stay and extend his contract?
Unfortunately I think he'll leave on a free, I mean he ain't going anywhere this summer so that means it's next summer or he goes for nothing the year after

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Because Aguero consistently delivers. If Pogba played every game like he does today I doubt his hair would ever get mentioned. Disclaimer: Personally I don't think Pogba's hair has the slightest bit of effect on his performance, don't worry. I'm just saying if he was consistent they wouldn't mention his hair.
Bullshit. Aguero has quiet games like every player ever and these pundits don't use those games as opportunities to pick apart his hairstyle or character. One of the biggest myth ever to be paraded around these boards are these talks about these opposing team players always all the time delivering when that isn't anywhere near the truth.

Just off the top of my head I can already think of like 3 or 4 games off Aguero had this season including his no show against us at Old Trafford but we'll keep hearing how he consistently deliver. Utter nonsense.

Brightonian

Neville still making 'you see more from him in an advanced position' comments today is why Pogba will never get the recognition he deserves.

All United fans need to decide if they want Pogba to be the shining star player in an average team or a key player in a title-winning team. Today he was less visible because he played with such discipline, positional and stylistic. It was exactly what he did for France at the world cup. He was not all over the pitch and he did not look to make all the key attacking contributions. But he was absolutely the reason we so easily dominated territory and possession. He is the ultimate out-ball: a player who cannot be pressed, cannot be tackled, cannot be rushed; who will walk past you if you press him but who will loft a perfect ball over your defence if you don't.

There will be games where we need him more as the creative hub at AM, and he will stand out more in those games. In that position he is talented and dangerous, but he can be defended against. In this position, with talented players like Bruno, Rashford and Martial ahead of him, he makes the team unplayable.

Brightonian

Because Aguero consistently delivers. If Pogba played every game like he does today I doubt his hair would ever get mentioned. Disclaimer: Personally I don't think Pogba's hair has the slightest bit of effect on his performance, don't worry. I'm just saying if he was consistent they wouldn't mention his hair.
This sums up this forum in a nutshell. Aguero has been so hit and miss this season. Scored lots of goals but gone totally missing in a number of key games. He's part of the reason they're so far behind Liverpool.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Neville still making 'you see more from him in an advanced position' comments today is why Pogba will never get the recognition he deserves.

All United fans need to decide if they want Pogba to be the shining star player in an average team or a key player in a title-winning team. Today he was less visible because he played with such discipline, positional and stylistic. It was exactly what he did for France at the world cup. He was not all over the pitch and he did not look to make all the key attacking contributions. But he was absolutely the reason we so easily dominated territory and possession. He is the ultimate out-ball: a player who cannot be pressed, cannot be tackled, cannot be rushed; who will walk past you if you press him but who will loft a perfect ball over your defence if you don't.

There will be games where we need him more as the creative hub at AM, and he will stand out more in those games. In that position he is talented and dangerous, but he can be defended against. In this position, with talented players like Bruno, Rashford and Martial ahead of him, he makes the team unplayable.
That made me laugh too.

He says that, then he will say he's not being disciplined and losing the midfield battle and not taking his job seriously. He doesn't care about defending and just wants to be a flashy player :lol: Neville is the worst for this.

At least Souness sticks to his guns and says he wants him to be a "midfielder" well with today he can't complain at all.

It's great to see he's come back from his injury and looks like the same old Pogba.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Spot on, he could not possibly play anything like his France WC role for us as we needed him in two areas of the pitch at once. Now he isn't our only out it's better for the team and for Pogba himself, if only he sticks around.

KennyBurner

I think you have downplayed what Matic did today. he was the reason we were very comfortable from the back. Other than that yes Pogba was main creative force.

Brightonian

I think you have downplayed what Matic did today. he was the reason we were very comfortable from the back. Other than that yes Pogba was main creative force.
Oh I agree Matic was a big part of it too, and many of the qualities I pointed out there in Pogba, Matic has too. But the difference between Pogba doing it and Matic doing it is that Pogba still brings pace and acceleration and the constant threat of a decisive attacking pass from nowhere. That basically pins opposition midfielders back after one or two early skirmishes. They know its too dangerous to press him.

Swap Matic out for Fred today and I expect we still would have dominated midfield in much the same way. Swap Pogba out for Fred and enough ingredients might be missing that it could have been a very different story.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The narrative remains unfortunately. Neville has put a negative slant, listening to talksport the only united caller phoned to say he was disappointed with Pogba, the pundits response...Pogba hasn’t got going yet since lockdown :(

It’s really not fair because the narrative around Bruno is the exact opposite and it doesn’t matter what each do in a game. One will always be looked at positively and the other negatively. All Pogba can do is hope Rashford starts to finish the chances Pogba brilliantly provides, it’s the only way he can’t be ignored....but that’s out of his control.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This sums up this forum in a nutshell. Aguero has been so hit and miss this season. Scored lots of goals but gone totally missing in a number of key games. He's part of the reason they're so far behind Liverpool.
Yep. Loads of people on these boards DO NOT actually follow these players from other teams and just regurgitate what they hear about them or simply assess their performances ny name recognition rather than what they've actually done. The likes of Aguero, Kane, Aubameyang etc have been misfiring and having plenty of quiet games this season yet every single time they are talked about by people on the Caf, it's about how consistent they are. Absolute bollocks.

People watch our players have quiet games here and there then rush into their respective threads to proclaim how X or Y opposing teams players are consistent and would never have off games. Aguero has been stuck on 16 goals in the league since January or February yet the only thing you'll hear about him is how consistent and several levels he is compared to any of our players.

It's quite amazing how ignorant people on these boards are about these players they love overrating from other teams.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Lovely tackle from Martial, to be fair :lol:
I actually liked seeing that from Martial, he was really looking to score (which sometimes it feels like he's not going for it as much as a Rashford) and I'm not sure Pogba was going anywhere beyond that brilliant bit of skill.

Prodigal7

He’s our best player. But I can understand the clubs situation with him as he really doesn’t seem to have the right attitude for the club. You need someone willing to put in the graft for the team week and week out and I’m not sure Pogba is up for that when he’s not the centre of attention.

Dr. McBeasty

Today was a perfect performance. With Bruno in the team, Pogba doesn't need to try and do it all himself every time we have possession, it's so much easier for him to hold his position in the double pivot, distribute from deep, and pick his spots for when he charges forward. I thought our balance in midfield was perfect.

Also, has to be mentioned just how out of this world some the skills he pulls off are. Looked like an adult playing in a youth league at times out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.