6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

I am going to be the doom and gloom merchant. Pogba has been brilliant the last two games but I’m worried he’s raised his game as he hasn’t liked Bruno getting all those plaudits. He wants to be the main man. IF he stays and IF his agent stops the Constant BS, we’d be great team but the problem I have is that If he does down tools again next season he’ll drag the rest down with him.
Deary me.

He never downed tools, it's just the fans are too dumb to think logically about his situations.

One wrong word, feck him.
One stupid performance, downed tools.
One dancing video, not focused on United.

The real problem for Pogba is the stupid fans that asked him to leave.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He’s our best player. But I can understand the clubs situation with him as he really doesn’t seem to have the right attitude for the club. You need someone willing to put in the graft for the team week and week out and I’m not sure Pogba is up for that when he’s not the centre of attention.
These are the sort of unfair posts and criticisms we're looking to get rid of. Completely unfair and false.

Please let just stop this nonsense. It's simply not fair to make up negative lies about someone's attitude in order to use that as a stick to attack his character. It is simply unfair.

Prodigal7

These are the sort of unfair posts and criticisms we're looking to get rid of. Completely unfair and false.

Please let just stop this nonsense. It's simply not fair to make up negative lies about someone's attitude in order to use that as a stick to attack his character. It is simply unfair.
It’s pretty clear to me from all the comments about his situation from Ole and other United affiliated people in the press. It’s just my opinion so make of it what you will.

DoomSlayer

I'm extremely satisfied to see Pogba being happy at United. I know people downplay social media a lot, but he's been embracing the club on these platforms and showing his love a lot more than last season.

I hope he signs a new contract soon, whatever people say, Pogba is a unique player, I don't see any other midfielder in the world with his set of skills and abilities.

Web of Bissaka

Miss Paul scoring consistently.
I get it's a trade off playing the CDM regista role (sort of) for the team. It also helps improve Pogba's all-around midfield abilities and performances, so that's also good.

Interestingly, Ole's persistence with Pogba as one of the dual CDM is criticized less compare to the previous manager being lambasted for puting Pogba there in deeper position.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I’m sure there was a poster here who advocated that Pogba would play to his potential when surrounded by better players and a functional / balanced side... just like he did at Juve and with France...

Oh yeah that was me. :wenger:
(And some others in fairness)

Love him, absolute joy to watch a player with his ability and athleticism.

Still the most important thing the club needs to do is to tie him down to a new contract.
That's right :angel:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Miss Paul scoring consistently.
I get it's a trade off playing the CDM regista role (sort of) for the team. It also helps improve Pogba's all-around midfield abilities and performances, so that's also good.

Interestingly, Ole's persistence with Pogba as one of the dual CDM is criticized less compare to the previous manager being lambasted for puting Pogba there in deeper position.
Its about balance, before we had nobody good as the 10 so it made more sense to do a 3 with Matic and Herrera around him. Now we need Bruno and Pogba together, with 1 holding mid behind.

TsuWave

He’s our best player. But I can understand the clubs situation with him as he really doesn’t seem to have the right attitude for the club. You need someone willing to put in the graft for the team week and week out and I’m not sure Pogba is up for that when he’s not the centre of attention.
This nonsense again

UDontMessWith24

If anything I'd say he plays much more relaxed and consequently better when he's not the center of attention.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I think what we've all learned about Pogba is that he is not a player who can carry a whole team on his shoullders every game when the team is in a run of poor form. Put a couple of decent players around him though and take that pressure of his shoulders and he becomes easily the best player on the pitch.

I understand people are cross about comments his agent has made, but can you blame him for thinking about leaving, why should he stay at a team where the players around him were not up to standard, when he could share the responsibilty with a far better group of players at another club and win the trophies his talent deserves.

But that is changing now, the form of the players around him has improved dramatically and now he has Bruno to shoulder alot of responsibilty for the team as well and surprise he is flourishing. His play since the restart has been outstanding, he is your best player.

I think he's been brilliant to stay with you through thick and thin so far. Jose treated him horrendously, a large group of fans are constantly on his back saying he's lazy and doesn't care, even to the point that he was faking his injuries because he didn't want to play. Whereas in reality all the reports from people that actually know and work with him say he is well liked and is positive presence in the dressing room, works hard and more than anything just loves playing football.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I am going to be the doom and gloom merchant. Pogba has been brilliant the last two games but I’m worried he’s raised his game as he hasn’t liked Bruno getting all those plaudits. He wants to be the main man. IF he stays and IF his agent stops the Constant BS, we’d be great team but the problem I have is that If he does down tools again next season he’ll drag the rest down with him.
:lol: No

TsuWave

I think what we've all learned about Pogba is that he is not a player who can carry a whole team on his shoullders every game when the team is in a run of poor form.
There’s not a single player in the world that does that

Tarrou

and we're back to inventing stuff to criticise Pogba

he must be playing well...

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If he plays like this for the rest of season (another 7 + Europa games), we might lose him. Any big clubs would have a place for him in their midfield.

Rolaholic

Barcelona fans lose their heads over and curse their own club for thinking freaking Messi should do this yet a certain amount of fans seem to expect it out of other players :lol:

amolbhatia50k

All these people who concoct weird stories in their head and believe them 100%, are strange.
It's funny. I mean, do people realise that these players are usually chaps who are absolutely mad about football? Like, it's literally what they've dreamt of doing since they were children. And they've reached the top through a certain level of commitment and professionalism. There are always exceptions but the ease with which we pretend they're "rotten" is rather odd.

amolbhatia50k

I think what we've all learned about Pogba is that he is not a player who can carry a whole team on his shoullders every game when the team is in a run of poor form..
Nobody can do that because it's a myth used to create fake football Gods. Messi is the closest I've seen to player capable of actually carrying a team but even he is just one bloke (see how a dysfunctional Argentina can hurt even him).

Anybody who needed to learn that about Pogba, had unrealistic expectations and set themselves up for disappointment.

amolbhatia50k

If he plays like this for the rest of season (another 7 + Europa games), we might lose him. Any big clubs would have a place for him in their midfield.
And if he plays badly we get to keep him?

Could also be the case that he and the team do really well, we make top 4 and everyone feels were building something great, and hence pull together. Or not, of course, false dawn's and all that.

But I think everybody knows Pogba's. You don't need to see these 7 games to buy him. You need to see the last 7 years for ample proof of a quality midfielder. Where the problem lies is buying from a big club like us and the cost involved.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think if the team continues to perform well, he will have no interest in leaving. I don't think he cares about Madrid as much as United, the club of his heart. In the past, this team looked hopeless, no matter who came in, they would immediately go down several levels. It's only this season that we're seeing recruits that are not only playing at the level expected, but are also bringing the team to a higher level, with Fernandes in particular, which is a huge relief in midfield for Pogba. Fred is now getting his extension and has come leaps and bounds compared to his atrocious first year at the club. Greenwood is a stud in the making, Rashford and Martial are both going to get 20+ goals this season, there is finally hope at the club and I think that's what a player of Pogba's calibre is looking for. I can't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere in the past, but I think he's got enough now to want to stay and help lead this team to some serious trophies.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Nobody can do that because it's a myth used to create fake football Gods.
You're both absolutely right, the problem is a huge section of your fanbase disagrees and expects this and when he fails to deliver, he gets a much harder time than most other players for it.

The Red Thinker

Paul Pogba... I've been a right idiot about him. I expected him to be the leader, the saviour and the hero of Manchester United. The singular force of will and genius that will catapult us forward. But that's not what he is. I was a fool to expect him to be that way.

Paul Pogba is genuine world class talent. Passes, shots, power, dribbling... my goodness he has it all. But, I always accused him of not having it mentally. Which is still true. He doesn't have it in him to be the soul of a team. But, he does have it in him to be a partner to one.

Bruno Fernandes has transformed the club. He is not as gloriously talented as Pogba but he has the heart and mental strength to be the forward-most tip in the trident.

It must have been frustrating for Paul to not have someone of his creative level in the team. He was doing it alone. It must have been absurd almost to be the only one criticised when he's the only one of real quality creating from midfield.

Now... he has Bruno. Now I can clearly see how Pogba defers to Bruno. His decision making was MILES better because he's not trying to overdo it. He doesn't need to. He can rely on Bruno. He can rely on an evolving Rashford as well.

I wanted him out of the club I am ashamed to admit. But, I was a fool to not see that he didn't have the support. I was fool to think he was someone he's not. He's not some firebrand leader of men, he's a genius who likes to play with players of his level. It was not what we wanted then. But now, it is exactly what we need.

Well to be honest, the reason why I wanted him gone is still legitimate - His agent is a wa*(*r. He's publicly aired his intention to quit as well. But I am not a fool. Neither is Ole. He must see things about his attitude in training and around the club that we don't.

We need Pogba to get back to the big time.

Pogba + Bruno = real success.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He displays exactly what we were missing earlier in the season, his physique and technique means he can easily carry the ball forward, but more importantly his range of passing makes us so much more unpredictable and hard to defend against. I remember i saw an analysis on TV earlier in the season where they showcased how one dimensional our build up play tended to be, passing was mostly along the ground and in 9/10 cases it went out wide at some point because we had no one who could thread it down the middle.

This meant as long as their flanks was secure, opposing teams could push up quite high since the chances of someone playing a precise high ball through the middle was really slim, do that vs players like Pogba though and you risk getting countered to death since he can spot and pick out a pass from pretty much anywhere

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And if he plays badly we get to keep him?

Could also be the case that he and the team do really well, we make top 4 and everyone feels were building something great, and hence pull together. Or not, of course, false dawn's and all that.

But I think everybody knows Pogba's. You don't need to see these 7 games to buy him. You need to see the last 7 years for ample proof of a quality midfielder. Where the problem lies is buying from a big club like us and the cost involved.
Hopefully he stays here for years to come, and be part of something big in near future.

I do think that a consistent 7+ games at high level would spark, at least, another transfer rumor. At the very least, we have to offer him more wage to keep him.

It's like the opposite of Eriksen. One of the best midfielder in the League for 4-5 years; and one bad year, most people in here didn't want him anymore.

meamth

Players downed tools are the most stupidest comment I've read in here.

How the feck do you know that?

Squeaky Bumtime

Hopefully he stays. Him and Bruno together can work wonders next season. We'd have 2 technically gifted players who can do anything with the ball and unlock defenses at will.

dal

I’ve never seen him consistently make the right decisions in midfield like he has in the last two games.

This must have been worked on in training when he plays in the pivot.

He did try a few pieces of skill in the first half in our own half however it was correct to do so as he had 6 Utd players behind him. He also took more risks in the final third but in opportunities where the counter attack risk threat was low.

This must have been worked on.

However as always need to show it right through until the end of the season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His pass to Bruno, followed by Bruno's flicks then Martial one two with Rashford should be illegal in football. Too much flex in one move that it made the opponents look like Sheffield United.

Kostov

Absolute class player, he is a joy to watch when he plays like this. Him and Bruno can develop nicely, all we need is to properly replace Matic behind them.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I’ve never seen him consistently make the right decisions in midfield like he has in the last two games.

This must have been worked on in training when he plays in the pivot.

He did try a few pieces of skill in the first half in our own half however it was correct to do so as he had 6 Utd players behind him. He also took more risks in the final third but in opportunities where the counter attack risk threat was low.

This must have been worked on.

However as always need to show it right through until the end of the season.
He consistently made the right decisions in midfield for France, when they won the World Cup with him as a key player in exactly the same role.

Before Fernandes came he needed to provide almost all of the creativity while controlling the game, so he was constantly switching gears between risk taker and calming presence. Those decisions are much more complicated. Even the best players will make more mistakes when taking on those two core responsibilities single handedly, like Messi for Argentina.

It was clear from that World Cup that Pogba didn't need to be the main man to play well. From what I've seen it looks like he actively dislikes being the centre of attention. So it shouldn't be any surprise that when we've got another player who can take on a lot more of those creative responsibilities, like Griezmann in 2018, Pogba will be far more effective at controlling the midfield.

This isn't a turnaround in attitude or the result of some new training regime. It's a natural consequence of having someone like Fernandes alongside him.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Joy to watch, we've missed him this season. I liked his performance yesterday, kept it simple and used his skill in the right places.

Seems to have slotted right back in, and showing good chemistry with everyone around him.

Tony247

Pogba was dictating our game yesterday all the time. Great performance.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I hope he gives us one full season with Bruno before he goes. Genuinely think we could be on for something if we keep him and make a signing or two.

meamth

He consistently made the right decisions in midfield for France, when they won the World Cup with him as a key player in exactly the same role.

Before Fernandes came he needed to provide almost all of the creativity while controlling the game, so he was constantly switching gears between risk taker and calming presence. Those decisions are much more complicated. Even the best players will make more mistakes when taking on those two core responsibilities single handedly, like Messi for Argentina.

It was clear from that World Cup that Pogba didn't need to be the main man to play well. From what I've seen it looks like he actively dislikes being the centre of attention. So it shouldn't be any surprise that when we've got another player who can take on a lot more of those creative responsibilities, like Griezmann in 2018, Pogba will be far more effective at controlling the midfield.

This isn't a turnaround in attitude or the result of some new training regime. It's a natural consequence of having someone like Fernandes alongside him.
This is spot on.

Since when a central midfielder has to win a football game on consistent basis. Game winners are the goal scorers, Pogba had done his work over the years while our strikers failed to capitalize on those chances.

Now we have a functioning team, we can see him fly high.

romufc

For all the negative comments Pogba got, Ole deserves alot of credit. Majority of the fans wrote Pogba off me included.

He has come in and shown us, we need Paul Pogba to have any chance of competing next season.

Ole kept supporting him, giving him praise all along. Ole has known from day 1, Pogba is his best player.

Build a team to suit Pogba and he will flourish.

Status
Not open for further replies.