Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Think there have been more than enough of these examples of late but I’ll keep posting, because the crap I was reading on here while our player was injured was disgraceful. ‘Ole has exiled him because he’s bad for team spirit’, ‘bigger than the club’, ‘need him out of the dressing room’ and so on and so forth. He’d been injured not quite 3 or 4 weeks when the question of whether he’s faking his injury was first posed and has he played his last game for the club.

After all that, all it took was 20 minutes back on the football pitch.
I still remember those posts questioning his post surgery pictures and claiming they were staged. This place really does have some nutjobs :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Think there have been more than enough of these examples of late but I’ll keep posting, because the crap I was reading on here while our player was injured was disgraceful. ‘Ole has exiled him because he’s bad for team spirit’, ‘bigger than the club’, ‘need him out of the dressing room’ and so on and so forth. He’d been injured not quite 3 or 4 weeks when the question of whether he’s faking his injury was first posed and has he played his last game for the club.

Nope, never enough examples.

After all the BS spouted in this thread by certain individuals he deserves all the positive praise.

The funny thing is he probably does stuff like this all the time behind the scenes but they don't talk about it. Bruno seems quite open and happy to talk about behind the scene stuff which is great for the fans. Anybody who thinks Pogba is a bad egg by now is clearly deluded or has an irrational hatred of him swayed by the media.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Also yeah, Bruno isn't better than Pogba. Sure he's made a massive impact since coming but Pogba is clearly our best player, that shouldn't be a question. Pogba being out for a while somehow had people completely forget his quality but 2 games back on the pitch and it's already clear he's our best player.

SATA

Having Bruno and Paul in the same team is like cheating

He’s ours and we better enjoy him while he’s here. He’s the world class superstar we have who can come the closest to Cristiano

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have been critical of Paul in the past, I can only say positive things about his performances since the season resumed though.

We are not seeing a Pogba who looks uncommitted, we are not seeing a Pogba who looks tactically shaky. He is operating in a double pivot in midfield perfectly, something that many said he couldn't do. He's putting tackles in, he's playing quick passes forward, he's linking the play to Bruno. We really can't ask for more at present.

cbmufc

Massive run coming up, he needs to be on it till the end of the season. Played well since the break (90 minutes) but let's see if he can be bothered to sustain it.

romufc

I have been critical of Paul in the past, I can only say positive things about his performances since the season resumed though.

We are not seeing a Pogba who looks uncommitted, we are not seeing a Pogba who looks tactically shaky. He is operating in a double pivot in midfield perfectly, something that many said he couldn't do. He's putting tackles in, he's playing quick passes forward, he's linking the play to Bruno. We really can't ask for more at present.
Who knew what difference it makes when he has quality players next to him. Oh wait.

It makes a big difference when you zip a pass into someone and knowing it will stick or a first time pass would be played compared to zipping the ball into someone and the first touch being awful.

He now can trust the players around him, so he doesnt have to hold onto the ball longer than necessary.

Rolaholic

Meh, not my kind of leadership...

not srs

Rolaholic

Remember that poster who was convinced Pogba was feigning injury and had played his last game for the club?
Quite a few people were deadset on him faking a surgery and apparently never coming back (more like they didn't want him back in reality) and pointing to dubious tabloids as their evidence because obviously the sun has better insight on our players than Ole...

People want to buy into a certain narrative so much that they're willing to invent scenarios and run with them regardless of actual facts because feelings > facts apparently

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

No wonder he is loved by all his teammates and most of the coaches he has worked with. He must have made Bruno's work very easy which means he can concentrate on football, nothing much to worry about house hunting.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Guy is an absolute diamond.

DoomSlayer

It's fantastic to see. I really hope your prediction that Pogba will sign a new contract comes true. We desperately need him to challenge the cnuts.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's fantastic to see. I really hope your prediction that Pogba will sign a new contract comes true. We desperately need him to challenge the cnuts.
I am optimistic, and personally think it would have happened already has he not been injured.

I can’t imagine it was the best time to discuss contract while the player is out for 6 months.

He'sRaldo

Pogba just has that kind of character.

Watching the Sheffield game again, it's interesting to see him follow Greenwood around the pitch giving him an option. Even when Greenwood switched sides he switched as well, it's like he made a point of trying to help Greenwood throughout the game. Great to watch one academy graduate help another like that.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

100% this. He’s been surrounded by mediocrity during his time here (apart from playing with zlatan and you could tell he loved that) and that’s going to get you down eventually. I’m certain the club sold pogba the José Disneyland project, we would be champions again before the end of his deal and all that stuff. What transpired was pretty far from that. He looks happy to play with Bruno. They’ve already got a nice chemistry going. It’s class to see! I’m sure he’ll be excited to play with sancho and whoever else we bring in. It’s clear to everyone we are on the up again. Hopefully he’ll sign a new deal ASAP and we can fully concentrate on upgrading other areas of the team that need it more.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I still remember those posts questioning his post surgery pictures and claiming they were staged. This place really does have some nutjobs :lol:
And those getting angry because, IIRC, he was wearing a Matuidi Juve top while he was training (I think it was in support of Matuidi because he contracted Covid? - i might be wrong). Apparently Pogba knew exactly what he was doing! Some strange behavior by some. And I am not referring to PP.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Man, what i would give to see headline; Pogba signs new contract. Tbh, i don't care is it 500k, 700k or one mil per week. We need him. He is the best cm in league

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Nothing justifies the kinda extreme criticism Pogba received. Not even his inconsistent fooball.
Oh trust me, I've had to defend Pogba's character to the point of utter frustration at how he's represented by some of his club's own fans, but I realize, in the media at least, there are some players who might not get criticized for the same silly reasons beyond just the fact they're not Pogba and due to the fact they have done far too much that it would just look silly to even say something negative about them. The hope is that Pogba gets to that point where he's finally recognized as the great player and person that he is, and we stop seeing the same tired, recycled talking points that are completely made up about him.

OldTrevil

Excellently ran the game from deep, speed up or calmed the tempo of our attack, not to mention his massive presence and contribution defensively. Even with good players around him, he's the one that makes the team dominant and able to beat anyone. Nothing against Matic as he has been playing well and adapted fantastically to old age, but a mobile partner for Pogba is what will make our midfield indomitable and get the team back to challenging at the top.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

It got so bad that I thought it was disturbing at one time, such was the hatred towards him from certain members.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Literally no one in the game today has a bad word to say about him, even rival players wax lyrical about him

Maybe that was Mourinho's problem, he was jealous at just how popular he is

Concerning there's not an ounce of news about him signing a new contract though

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Nothing justifies the kinda extreme criticism Pogba received. Not even his inconsistent fooball.
A lot of players receive unfair criticism it's not just him, especially at big clubs. The better a player is the higher the expectations get and due to his price-tag and skills, his issues of not performing consistently for us will give you a lot of bollocks. It's obviously annoying, but one thing that kinda justifies some big criticisms is the actions of his agent etc. Those things just paints a picture for everyone that this player doesn't want to be a Man Utd player, and if you don't play or perform to disprove it, then obviously you'll receive some harsh criticism. Obviously if you're a good guy and look for things in Pogba you wont find much wrong with anything he does, but I think it's good to differentiate between those just making judgement for the feck of it, and those who generally just wants whats best for the club. Sometimes if you have a good player, it can be to the detriment of a team. Only a few players are good enough to go beyond that, like Messi and Ronaldo. They are just untouchable, if they don't function you don't change them you change the team.. and Pogba just haven't proved himself to be one of those guys.

All players needs to work on gaining the fans trust after letting their agent attack the manager of the club. It's almost unheard of. I think it's easy for Pogba, he only needs to gain fitness, settle down and sign a new contract, then shut up and play. It's really easy if that's what he wants. If he doesn't, then a lot of the critique has sort of been warranted hasn't it.

AFC NimbleThumb

:)
Vive la Pogba FC!

To believe there were people on here arguing we are better with McTom &/or Fred - both decent players but better than Pogba :lol:

Sign him up Ed!

Massive run coming up, he needs to be on it till the end of the season. Played well since the break (90 minutes) but let's see if he can be bothered to sustain it.
A drop in performance won’t mean he can’t be bothered; he’s allowed bad games as all players have - we honestly should be supporting our own through bad patches not lambasting them.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Man, what i would give to see headline; Pogba signs new contract. Tbh, i don't care is it 500k, 700k or one mil per week. We need him. He is the best cm in league
It would settle a lot of nerves. It would win him a lot of fans.

With him and Bruno, we have (on paper) as good a midfield duo as I can see anywhere.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Some people need to admit to themselves that they owe this boy an apology.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A lot of players receive unfair criticism it's not just him, especially at big clubs. The better a player is the higher the expectations get and due to his price-tag and skills, his issues of not performing consistently for us will give you a lot of bollocks. It's obviously annoying, but one thing that kinda justifies some big criticisms is the actions of his agent etc. Those things just paints a picture for everyone that this player doesn't want to be a Man Utd player, and if you don't play or perform to disprove it, then obviously you'll receive some harsh criticism. Obviously if you're a good guy and look for things in Pogba you wont find much wrong with anything he does, but I think it's good to differentiate between those just making judgement for the feck of it, and those who generally just wants whats best for the club. Sometimes if you have a good player, it can be to the detriment of a team. Only a few players are good enough to go beyond that, like Messi and Ronaldo. They are just untouchable, if they don't function you don't change them you change the team.. and Pogba just haven't proved himself to be one of those guys.

All players needs to work on gaining the fans trust after letting their agent attack the manager of the club. It's almost unheard of. I think it's easy for Pogba, he only needs to gain fitness, settle down and sign a new contract, then shut up and play. It's really easy if that's what he wants. If he doesn't, then a lot of the critique has sort of been warranted hasn't it.
I think it's pretty obvious who and what I was exactly about. No one is exempt from criticism, as long as it's done fairly. It's as simple as that. A section of our fans believed nonsense stories about him for whatever possible reasons. Pure madness at times very well described by @Rozay

Web of Bissaka

He has ambition to won trophies. We need that kind of player here.

Football career as player is on average quite short, around 8-10 years at good top level maybe.. unless you're one of the "football freaks" in longevity. Make the most of it. If the club you're currently playing has no ambition and is wasting your time, then leaving is a reasonable-rational option.. -> after you tried to make changes eg. giving "pressure" to the board by playing all the tricks on the book, etc.

Web of Bissaka

:)
Wish this kind of thing being spread more in social media and news outlets instead of the usual negativities.

Anyway, Pogba is a social friendly person, that much is obvious, plenty of players and coaches have talked about it. I imagine he must be brimming with having a new playmaker joining and from their short early interactions, possibly Pogba can notice how Bruno is and his top mindset, giving him confidence and trust the club is finally moving in the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.