Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well I can think of a few off the top of my head, planet football have as higher points per game without him as well.
From what I can remember when he has been injured (and not when he was rested for easy games) we tended to struggle. This was under Jose though, maybe its different under Ole

fergiesarmy1

From what I can remember when he has been injured (and not when he was rested for easy games) we tended to struggle. This was under Jose though, maybe its different under Ole
His longest absence was 11 games from sep 14th 2017 to Nov 16th 2017 we won 9 of 11, drawing one and losing one.

fergiesarmy1

He is serious, not a troll. He hates Pogba and when there is a small chance to say something negative related to Pogba he will take that chance.
Hate is a touch strong, I just think he is the most overhyped player in that price bracket I have ever seen in 35 years watching the game (accounting for inflation before some nut jobs lose their minds) it’s the love in some people have with him that angers me especially when he does not even want to be a united player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Hate is a touch strong, I just think he is the most overhyped player in that price bracket I have ever seen in 35 years watching the game (accounting for inflation before some nut jobs lose their minds) it’s the love in some people have with him that angers me especially when he does not even want to be a united player.
It’s 50:50 to call him overhyped.

Pogba is a world class player because he can produce something out of nothing, for example when he plays very poor he can still be a match winner by scoring a winner or produce wonderful pass for others to scored.

When we lost 4-0 to Everton last season Pogba was shocking in that game but somehow in last 15 mins he produced moment of brilliant of some key passes that we should have scored.

Another example; When we beat Chelsea this season 4-0, Pogba wasn’t playing well but somehow produced 2 assists. Even against Southampton he was terrible but somehow made 2 or 3 key passes that if only rashford could finish them would be match winner passes.

I believe that we haven’t playing him or using him in proper way to get the best out of him. He’s inconsistent for full 90 min but like I said that he can make something out of nothing when playing poor to produce winners. Pogba needs to play further forward and his main task should be the final third to score or assist. Because he can be inconsistent, we shouldn’t be relying on him alone like how we relied on RVP.

I think by playing him in that no 10 role with Fred & McTomminay behind him this season, we can see a more productive Pogba who can change the game for us. In France, he played deep but people need to realise that it’s a cup competition when the level expectation is different to playing in the league week in week out for 38 league games.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
His longest absence was 11 games from sep 14th 2017 to Nov 16th 2017 we won 9 of 11, drawing one and losing one.
IIRC, wasn’t Pogba injured when Man United beat Liverpool 2-1 at Old Trafford, with that Rashford brace?

In Rainbows

Glad he wasn’t on the pitch
In other words, it's irrational hatred towards Pogba.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That part is just crazy to me, let people be, feel and think what they want. The fact that it angers you says a lot about you :lol: Disliking, hating him is perfectly fine for yourself but when you want people to share that same view, it's time to take a step back and reconsider things.

Classical Mechanic

Saw most of the second half of City v Norwich yesterday, not seem any headlines about KDB being totally anonymous and bang average. Seems he only gets good press ?
Well......he was sat on the bench for two thirds of the game, has the most assists in the league this season, the most xA and the most big chances created. Fair to say he'll get a pass?

fergiesarmy1

It’s 50:50 to call him overhyped.

Pogba is a world class player because he can produce something out of nothing, for example when he plays very poor he can still be a match winner by scoring a winner or produce wonderful pass for others to scored.

When we lost 4-0 to Everton last season Pogba was shocking in that game but somehow in last 15 mins he produced moment of brilliant of some key passes that we should have scored.

Another example; When we beat Chelsea this season 4-0, Pogba wasn’t playing well but somehow produced 2 assists. Even against Southampton he was terrible but somehow made 2 or 3 key passes that if only rashford could finish them would be match winner passes.

I believe that we haven’t playing him or using him in proper way to get the best out of him. He’s inconsistent for full 90 min but like I said that he can make something out of nothing when playing poor to produce winners. Pogba needs to play further forward and his main task should be the final third to score or assist. Because he can be inconsistent, we shouldn’t be relying on him alone like how we relied on RVP.

I think by playing him in that no 10 role with Fred & McTomminay behind him this season, we can see a more productive Pogba who can change the game for us. In France, he played deep but people need to realise that it’s a cup competition when the level expectation is different to playing in the league week in week out for 38 league games.

Even his passes get overhyped as time goes by, the Southampton game only one of these 2 or 3 key passes made it onto match of the day and I could have made that pass, probably better because it pushed Rashford to wide for it to be a great chance.

I remember his first half though and he wouldn’t have been playing a second half if I was the manager.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Even his passes get overhyped as time goes by, the Southampton game only one of these 2 or 3 key passes made it onto match of the day and I could have made that pass, probably better because it pushed Rashford to wide for it to be a great chance.

I remember his first half though and he wouldn’t have been playing a second half if I was the manager.
So why does it matter if only one pass made it onto match of the day?

You could? I’ll tell you something here, I could also score 1 or 2 goals from Pogba’s key passes. Basically the fact that Rashford unable to use his left foot is not part of your attention at all. Your attention is just blaming Pogba.

fergiesarmy1

You could? I’ll tell you something here, I could also score 1 or 2 goals from Pogba’s key passes. How is Rashford unable to use his left foot is not in your attention at all.
Well I couldn’t remember these key passes that kept getting mentioned so assumed MOTD would show them if they were great, they showed one and we may disagree on this but it wasn’t that great a pass in my opinion.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

You could? I’ll tell you something here, I could also score 1 or 2 goals from Pogba’s key passes. Basically the fact that Rashford unable to use his left foot is not part of your attention at all. Your attention is just blaming Pogba.
:lol:

Sounds like you both should lace up your boots

Classical Mechanic

[QUOTE="UNITED ACADEMY, post: 24697864, member: 114141"You could? I’ll tell you something here, I could also score 1 or 2 goals from Pogba’s key passes. Basically the fact that Rashford unable to use his left foot is not part of your attention at all. Your attention is just blaming Pogba.[/QUOTE]

Pogba's xA is only 1.06 this season and Rashford has scored one goal from his key passes so judged by the standards of professional players in the PL he's performing to expectations.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well I couldn’t remember these key passes that kept getting mentioned so assumed MOTD would show them if they were great, they showed one and we may disagree on this but it wasn’t that great a pass in my opinion.
Don’t know what’s the deal with you & MOTD but the fact is he produced 4 key passes. Whether you miss them or can’t remember them, from I can see here it’s your agenda towards Pogba that you can’t accept the fact he produced 4 key passes that could be taken as match winning goal.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not hatred and not irrational, he doesn’t want to be here so I’m ok with him not being here especially as results seem to be better without him.
Which season are you talking about? If you are talking about this season then it's correct as no one can argue against 1/1 win.

fergiesarmy1

Don’t know what’s the deal with you & MOTD but the fact is he produced 4 key passes. Whether you miss them or can’t remember them, from I can see here it’s your agenda towards Pogba that you can’t accept the fact he produced 4 key passes that could be taken as match winning goal.
It’s going up, it was 2 or 3 earlier. I do remember about that many terrible passes though.

It wasn’t on catch up on sky due to it being a BT game I guess which I refuse to pay for so MOTD was the next best option I thought. They only showed one pass so either they are biased against him or they weren’t that good.

fergiesarmy1

Which season are you talking about? If you are talking about this season then it's correct as no one can argue against 1/1 win.
Well as above the 2017 season he missed 11 games due to injury at one point in which we won 9, drew 1 and lost 1. That has to be up there with one of our best runs since Fergie retired.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s going up, it was 2 or 3 earlier. I do remember about that many terrible passes though.

It wasn’t on catch up on sky due to it being a BT game I guess which I refuse to pay for so MOTD was the next best option I thought. They only showed one pass so either they are biased against him or they weren’t that good.
So you remember the first half of his performance and even dare to make a comment for his second half without even watching the full match due to it being on BT not sky. :confused:

It’s not going up but I looked it up in whoscored just now and it’s 4. It’s fact so why are you still persistent of not accepting that he made 4 key passes that could be a match winner in that game? Whether it’s great or no, simple can still be a match winner.

MOTD only show highlights and they can only show certain amount of minutes. Funny enough that MOTD only showed one of his key pass in highlights but they showed some of them later in the pundit’s discussion but somehow you missed them due to your agenda towards Pogba.

Last edited:

fergiesarmy1

So you remember the first half of his performance and even dare to make a comment for his second half without even watching the full match due to it being on BT not sky. :confused:

It’s not going up but I looked it up in whoscored just now and it’s 4. It’s fact so why are you still persistent of not accepting that he made 4 key passes that could be a match winner in that game? Whether it’s great or no, simple can still be a match winner.

MOTD only show highlights and they can only show certain amount of minutes. Funny enough that MOTD only showed one of his key pass in highlights but they showed some of them later in the pundit’s discussion but somehow you missed them due to your agenda towards Pogba.
I watched the game live but didn’t recall these key passes in the second half so following some debate on here after asking for someone to post these fantastic passes no one did so thought MOTD might have them, they did not apart from the one which wasn’t that great.

Stats can be misleading by the way ;)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I watched the game live but didn’t recall these key passes in the second half so following some debate on here after asking for someone to post these fantastic passes no one did so thought MOTD might have them, they did not apart from the one which wasn’t that great.

Stats can be misleading by the way ;)
Let’s don’t make a post if you are just going to circle. I don’t think I need to repeat myself to respond your last post.

Classical Mechanic

Pogba did make 4 key passes in that game but only with an xA of 0.28 so it isn't reasonable to have expected any goals to have been scored from them. McT had an xA of 0.36 and James 0.40. The pass to Rashford wasn't anything special, it pushed him out wide into an unfavourable angle and he was pretty tightly marked.

He'sRaldo

Leceister's game where we essentially created no open-play chances shows that Pogba definitely is very useful to us.

Every game, no matter how badly he plays, he usually creates one or two chances for the forwards out of nothing, with world-class plays. Very valuable to a team such as ours which has trouble creating chances.

In Rainbows

Pogba did make 4 key passes in that game but only with an xA of 0.28 so it isn't reasonable to have expected any goals to have been scored from them. McT had an xA of 0.36 and James 0.40. The pass to Rashford wasn't anything special, it pushed him out wide into an unfavourable angle and he was pretty tightly marked.
What did the McTominay one come from?

finneh

Leceister's game where we essentially created no open-play chances shows that Pogba definitely is very useful to us.

Every game, no matter how badly he plays, he usually creates one or two chances for the forwards out of nothing, with world-class plays. Very valuable to a team such as ours which has trouble creating chances.
I don't think anyone doubts that Pogba is as likely as anyone to create a chance. The problem is he's also likely to lose the ball in a dangerous position.

I'd hate to be a defender with Pogba ahead of me.

AgentP

We should push him up to play as a No.10. Our current options in that position are terrible. Fred can play in a pivot with McTominay. If I remember correctly, Pogba had that amazing run of goals and assists after Ole took over when he was played as a No.10. So we might as well go back to that and hope he regains that form.

He'sRaldo

I don't think anyone doubts that Pogba is as likely as anyone to create a chance. The problem is he's also likely to lose the ball in a dangerous position.

I'd hate to be a defender with Pogba ahead of me.
That's why IMO he shouldn't be played so deep.

Also, after 3 years at the club, surely someone should have taught him more efficient ways to evade pressure than what he currently does. That's where good coaching (which we have been lacking for quite some time) comes into play.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We should push him up to play as a No.10. Our current options in that position are terrible. Fred can play in a pivot with McTominay. If I remember correctly, Pogba had that amazing run of goals and assists after Ole took over when he was played as a No.10. So we might as well go back to that and hope he regains that form.
Pretty much - and no surprise it came with Herrera in the team doing the dirty work.

I see no reason why Mctominay/Fred cannot recreate what Matic/Herrera managed.

finneh

That's why IMO he shouldn't be played so deep.

Also, after 3 years at the club, surely someone should have taught him more efficient ways to evade pressure than what he currently does. That's where good coaching (which we have been lacking for quite some time) comes into play.
I could be wrong but Pogba doesn't seem like the kind of player who would be in his view curtailed by coaching.

I think under someone like Guardiola he'd more likely to go the way of Ibrahimovich than KdB.

Also the problem with him further forward is he won't press, which is what the manager wants from his front four (and if one doesn't press you may as well not bother as there's always an out ball).

Status
Not open for further replies.