Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I just find it very strange for the race card being played when others in the squad (Lingard, Pereira) are receiving a lot more abuse than Pogba. It's like saying we can't use the race card against them because one's English and the other is white but with Pogba we can? It doesn't make sense.

Of course it's Raiola MO in shit stirring with the press but if you believe Pogba had nothing to do with his comments then I think you're the blind one. Pogba played a very good game in keeping his options open instead of putting in a transfer request which would of been a lot more acceptable than the shit show that followed.

Its true Pogba hasn't came out and say he wants to play for City just that he wanted to go elsewhere and to be fair to him very cleverly keeping his options open with us for a bumper pay rise when it actually started looking like no one else wanted him. Yeah, Pogba is a true legend.
So you're saying there's nothing wrong in this thread because this player:
is receiving equal or leser amounts of abuse than this one:

So Pogba doesn't hand in transfer request or publicly ask to leave -> He's clever and keeping his options open for a bumper pay rise in case no one wants him.
Funny you should say that, since De Gea did all of those things. Would have been gone if not for a fax machine. Kept mum throughout, waited out multiple transfer windows to see if anyone would be interested, and then stalled the club for a bumper pay rise deep into the season even though it was affecting his performances and hurting the club. He reportedly earns more than Pogba, now. You must strongly dislike him by your reasoning and judgement?

I don't think he's anywhere near the Sanchez level of decline. Who knows what was going on behind the scenes but I'm sure his contract talks were taking a serious toll on his concentration levels. Personally I'm very glad he's signed his contract so hopefully he can get back to the kind of form that made him a fans favourite.
Oh, wait. Apparently not.

Sorry mate, but he does not get the brunt of everything wrong with United at the minute. The whole squad has taken massive criticism about how bad we have been recently. Almost every single player has been singled out for not performing. He takes his share of the stick, just like 'JLingz', Rashford, Mata, Matic, Young etc, and the rest who have been poor... If anything, ashley young has got the worst out of them all.. But with Pogba's price tag, and people like yourself referring to him as 'world class' just opens him up for a little more

I wish he was world class, i really do, but hes simply not. I genuinely thought he was at the start when we got him back, but have been shown almost every week why he isnt. He is very good when he wants to be, but far far off being world class. Gets out played by other midfielders way too much vs teams supposedly miles below us. That doesn't happen to the worlds best players. And just always blaming the other players around him doesn't cut it for me either. Bryan Robson played in a team similar (prob worse) and came out most games looking like a world beater. and when he didnt im sure there wasnt fingers being pointed at those around him.

Like i said before, either way if Paul isnt gone in Jan, he will be gone in the summer. Thats clear. Utd may use the time to figure out who we are bringing in to fill the additional gap in MF. If Woodward wants to redeem himself even just a little this should be his priority between now and then
Find that hard to believe considering how this thread keeps getting bumped week in week out even when he's not playing. Other players have rightly or wrongly been criticised, but with Pogba it's something else. Look back on the week where Pogba missed the penalty (after creating it with a brilliant run himself). The amount of hate he received, not just here but also in studios (Gary Neville) was simply embarrassing. And again, he didn't choose his price tag. He's also (allegedly) paid far less than Sanchez and not too much more than Rashford.

Look back on his numbers last season. Look at our win percentage with and without. Look at chances with and without. He is inconsistent and tries too hard or too little on some days and that's on him, but he's definitely world-class material. Flamboyant flair players like him like football for the fun of it. The more they enjoy themselves, the better they perform. If I want a leader, I go for Roy Keane, not Ronaldinho. But if I want magic and flair and creativity, I go for the latter. Pogba is more Ronaldinho than Keane. You have to treat him that way.

I'm not saying Paul is perfect, he needs a better attitude, and he needs to step up more often because it is obvious he can. However, he gets far more blame and hatred from fans, media and pundits than his performances warrant because of a lot of reasons, some of which I strongly believe are racist.

DoomSlayer

Is there any chance Pogba puts an official transfer request in January? I don't want to believe he is faking this injury or that he is sidelined for not being committed, but I am starting to worry about this situation.

el3mel

Is there any chance Pogba puts an official transfer request in January? I don't want to believe he is faking this injury or that he is sidelined for not being committed, but I am starting to worry about this situation.
The injury isn't fake. He was on crutches in several photos. I don't know from where did this come from.

It's unfortunate, regardless from the point he obviously wants out and may end up leaving in Jan which is what I believe.

EireRed_GS

Find that hard to believe considering how this thread keeps getting bumped week in week out even when he's not playing. Other players have rightly or wrongly been criticised, but with Pogba it's something else. Look back on the week where Pogba missed the penalty (after creating it with a brilliant run himself). The amount of hate he received, not just here but also in studios (Gary Neville) was simply embarrassing. And again, he didn't choose his price tag. He's also (allegedly) paid far less than Sanchez and not too much more than Rashford.

Look back on his numbers last season. Look at our win percentage with and without. Look at chances with and without. He is inconsistent and tries too hard or too little on some days and that's on him, but he's definitely world-class material. Flamboyant flair players like him like football for the fun of it. The more they enjoy themselves, the better they perform. If I want a leader, I go for Roy Keane, not Ronaldinho. But if I want magic and flair and creativity, I go for the latter. Pogba is more Ronaldinho than Keane. You have to treat him that way.

I'm not saying Paul is perfect, he needs a better attitude, and he needs to step up more often because it is obvious he can. However, he gets far more blame and hatred from fans, media and pundits than his performances warrant because of a lot of reasons, some of which I strongly believe are racist.

Nah sorry, im not convinced one bit due to a few stats. Theres no doubt we are better with him in the squad. Like i said hes a very good player when he wants to be. But that doesnt make him world class. I cant remember one time i walked out of Old trafford and thought, 'Wow, what a performance. that lad is something else'. And before you bring up City away, that was one performance (2nd half only, and cancelled out how terrible the first half was)

Mad comparison there mate. yes, Pogba is nothing like Keane. and Pogba is nothing like Ronalidinho. Ronaldinho was a sheer entertainer, absolutely performed time and time again, absolutely world class, destroyed some of the best best teams almost single handedly. Roy keane didnt do that, but refused to let his performances drop below a certain level, and we know how that worled out for him. Pogba is a very different player to both of them, and even if he was a similar styled player he still wouldnt be anywhere near their levels.

I dont dislike the guy, or go out of my way to 'hate on him', in fact I dont feel any hate for him at all. I really want him to do well, but ive simply come to terms after watching him playing the last few years, thats hes just not this world beater that alot of people hold him up as. And i genuinely feel sorry for him, because hes not at that level and wont be that player, therefore will be ruled as a disapointment. . Almost a bit of luxury player where you need a near complete team already around him for him to really shine (see france).

And no the racist card thing is nonsense. Ive had heard plenty of people from ALL RACES chime in on this debate and give their opinion, and to suggest mainly white people are mainly out to get him is bullsh*t.

Last edited:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
So you're saying there's nothing wrong in this thread because this player:

is receiving equal or leser amounts of abuse than this one:

So Pogba doesn't hand in transfer request or publicly ask to leave -> He's clever and keeping his options open for a bumper pay rise in case no one wants him.
Funny you should say that, since De Gea did all of those things. Would have been gone if not for a fax machine. Kept mum throughout, waited out multiple transfer windows to see if anyone would be interested, and then stalled the club for a bumper pay rise deep into the season even though it was affecting his performances and hurting the club. He reportedly earns more than Pogba, now. You must strongly dislike him by your reasoning and judgement?

Oh, wait. Apparently not.
The thing with Pogba is we all know he has the talent but very rarely uses it That pisses me off even more than Lingard or Peirera or Young because they're no where near the required level to play for United. Is it so hard to understand that if Pogba put in those performances we all know he's capable of and actually looked interested in playing for United on a regular basis he wouldn't be getting criticised as much as he is? It's got absolutely nothing to do with race or religion.

About DeGea. If I had of been on the forum a few weeks earlier I would of been criticising him just as much as Pogba. Playing out his contract talks as long as he did really was winding me up. If you want I can PM you the link of another forum I'm on stating exactly what I just said and the reason I was happy he signed was because at least over the years DeGea has proved his worth for United which is more than I can say for Pogba.

lex talionis

Pogba has been frustrated for understandable reasons. Mourinho brought him as the centerpiece of a grand project, only to find that Mourinho fekked the project up with his whinging and putrid tactics, the crown jewel of which was to play Pogba out of position.

Pogba returned to something like world class form in the early Ole days, but now that this is a clear rebuild project and one that isn't going to deliver a major trophy this season nor probably next, it's not hard to see Pogba wanting to leave for a club that is withing touching distance already of a major trophy.

Gasolin

Too many negative people here, I think Pogba is really injured and he just needs to be back as a 10. We are in a process of improving our play, Pogba has been pushed into the 6 or 8 role just to escape immediate pressure from the opposition, but if like yesterday, we keep it tight with Rashford/Martial/James and James start running/provoking and also passing/crossing, then I think Pogba can go back into a 10 role and McTominay can support a bit more. Fred would be a 6 that cuts the opposition play.

The key would be to just make a new contract to Pogba so that we can secure his mind and heart at this point. And until then, we need to try to win games with Pereira as a 10. He seems to make good runs, it will be important that he takes better decisions in front of the goals.

I wouldn't also discount the impact of Evra getting back in the United circle. He has a huge influence on Pogba as the big brother. And Evra is 100% United. He will challenge Pogba's discontent (What do you really lack here? There is a team, a manager who values him, a manager who knows him and has played him before, yes results are tough but this is a process where we are changing the way we're playing, you are well paid, you can get a better contract, etc...).

A-man

As others have said injured players in professional sports are isolated during recovery.

Many ex players have described it as a incredibly lonely and often depressing experience. Anything to improve their mood and keep them motivated is a good thing.

I don't about Rojo and Jones but Matic and Shaw are also over there at the moment so it's not just some prima donna demand.
By the way, even a certain Daniel James went to Dubai before the pre-season to improve his fitness (to "kaizen 3 performance"). It's quite often that players recover outside of the club (not only at United), simply because club personnel is more equipped to deal with day-to-day performance issues and muscle problems. When a player needs a serious recovery or an operation, they just outsource it.
I know they are sent to remote places for recovery. I am just questioning it, or at least trying to make some kind of point, that I believe very much in having injured players together with the team. Especially a team like United where they are trying to build something new, with 3 new players in the starting xi and many youngsters knocking on the door. Wouldn’t it be great to have a player like Pogba around? (Like people say it would be great to have Zlatan around, for the youngsters to learn professionalism)

Again: this is just me thinking loud. I have no experience from this what so ever.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Do you intend to share these articles then?

Also regarding his hair, it amazes me that fan care about stupid shit like that. You'd think he's skipping training to get a haircut.

And from a footballing perspective have you watched any games since he's been injured? Or are you basing this all from the Norwich game.

His bad influence:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Marcus-Rashford-Jesse-Lingard-Premier-League

His “hair” (ego) taking too much space:
https://www.givemesport.com/1289779...-blue-hair-before-manchester-derby-is-perfect

And yes I’ve watched all the matches this season. They feel lore like a team when Pogba is not there. Hard work trumps talent.

Withnail

I know they are sent to remote places for recovery. I am just questioning it, or at least trying to make some kind of point, that I believe very much in having injured players together with the team. Especially a team like United where they are trying to build something new, with 3 new players in the starting xi and many youngsters knocking on the door. Wouldn’t it be great to have a player like Pogba around? (Like people say it would be great to have Zlatan around, for the youngsters to learn professionalism)

Again: this is just me thinking loud. I have no experience from this what so ever.
I don't think you've understood me.

When players are recovering from injury they aren't around the other players at all even when they're in the country. They have their own schedule and work to do with physios and the medical team etc.

There's little to no interaction with their team mates and they don't rejoin the group until their fit enough to train.

fergiesarmy1

When players are recovering from injury they aren't around the other players at all even when they're in the country. They have their own schedule and work to do with physios and the medical team etc.

There's little to no interaction with their team mates and they don't rejoin the group until their fit enough to train.
We seem to have enough injured players for them not to get lonely.

Withnail

His bad influence:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Marcus-Rashford-Jesse-Lingard-Premier-League

His “hair” (ego) taking too much space:
https://www.givemesport.com/1289779...-blue-hair-before-manchester-derby-is-perfect

And yes I’ve watched all the matches this season. They feel lore like a team when Pogba is not there. Hard work trumps talent.
I'm not sure there's a huge amount in either of those articles. Some quotes from a supposed source and a yer da Gary Neville rant. We know Gary's not exactly objective when it comes to United and Pogba especially.

As for feeling more like a team, they've seemed like more like a team in the past two games but I wouldn't put that down to Pogba's absence as he's been gone a while.

I guess we'll judge that on how well they do between now and December and how his return impacts performances.

A-man

Which I kind of question.

In Rainbows

Because it was based on a tabloid rumour. And you and lot of people took it as gospel and spread it like wildfire and at the same time accused people of making out they are saying he is faking a broken toe...I am not even bothering going point by point, its all i need to say
You not bothering with the rest is just you trying to find an easy escape from your terrible post. Your post wasn't just about whether it was a toe or ankle injury. Your post started with some conspiracy theory that involves crap evidence. It's delusional nonsense.

Suedesi

He definitely wouldn't have received so much hate if he were white or English. I'm absolutely sure of that.
You might have a point, while open racism is not prevalent in England, it probably exists and manifests itself in other forms.
The thing about Pogba though, is that despite being our best, most talented and the most proven player in our squad, there's always question marks about his attitude and agent, some of which have not gone away since he left the club the first time.
I'm a big fan of the player, and he's one of the few ones deserving of a bumper package, but I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes he's already angling for his next club.

VJ1762

The thing with Pogba is, we always have fans making excuses for his poor performances: there is no movement, he is being played in the wrong position, he needs a bus, plane or submarine behind him to perform. In fact, I would argue that Scott has been the most important midfielder for us since April/late March. He is consistent, more durable than Pogba(how many games has he missed since signing for us, always seems to miss important games) and turns up for the biggest games.

I honestly worry more about what will happen to this team if Scott gets injured/worn out. And it shouldn't be this way. I should worry more about the fact that our most talented outfield player is missing large parts of the season this early. But Pogba hasn't shown enough for me consistently, and at this point in time, I think it's best for all parties if this relationship ends. Provided we replace him properly. And that's another issue as well. Woodward has not replaced Lukaku and Herrera. Do you trust him to replace Pogba?

Last edited:

fergiesarmy1

You might have a point, while open racism is not prevalent in England, it probably exists and manifests itself in other forms.
The thing about Pogba though, is that despite being our best, most talented and the most proven player in our squad, there's always question marks about his attitude and agent, some of which have not gone away since he left the club the first time.
I'm a big fan of the player, and he's one of the few ones deserving of a bumper package, but I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes he's already angling for his next club.
£290k a week basic isn’t it? He certainly hasn’t earned that type of money for a while. Not since the end of that run we had than finished about 7/8 months ago.

In Rainbows

The thing with Pogba is, we always have fans making excuses for his poor performances: there is no movement, he is being played in the wrong position, he needs a bus, plane or submarine behind him to perform. In fact, I would argue that Scott has been the most important midfielder for us since April/late March. He is consistent, more durable than Pogba(how many games has he missed since signing for us, always seems to miss important games) and turns up for the biggest games.

I honestly worry more about what will happen to this team if Scott gets injured/worn out. And it shouldn't be this way. I should worry more about the fact that our most talented outfield player is missing large parts of the season this early. But Pogba hasn't shown enough for me consistently, and at this point in time, I think it's best for all parties if this relationship ends. Provided we replace him properly. And that's another issue as well. Woodward has not replaced Lukaku and Herrera. Do you trust him to replace Pogba?
I think the argument is not excuses, but a want for just better quality all around the squad. It doesn't make sense for Pogba to have to carry the team when it doesn't work like that in nearly every other top club in the world. The few players that do carry (Ronaldo and Messi), often involve people criticizing those clubs for not putting in better supporting casts or coaches to change that.

The bottom line comes down to this, everyone wants better quality around the squad, but when it comes to the Pogba topic, some dial back on that want and instead want him to carry the team. Think back to the best United teams in the past, and look at the quality surrounding the very best players. Deep down, everyone knows this to be true which is why some back Ole with this very same argument as in "the squad is rubbish." Now, I get some want a base level of performance regardless of this, but I like to view the situation like this: Has Pogba been one of our best players in his time here regardless of whether he's inconsistent or not? The answer to me is yes. Back in the day, if a star player had a bad performance, the team could still win and so that bad performances isn't remembered like it would be in today's era because unlike in the past, there are no other star players to pick up the win. The more match winners there are, the more likely your bad performances get glossed over by the other match winning performances.

Your worry with Scott is irrational too. He hasn't been better than Pogba the last 1.5 seasons. Now, you will probably point to expectations and wages being different, but that's a separate argument. Each have a different role in the team, and it's clear that Pogba does his role at a higher level than Scott does his role.

Last edited:

starman

You not bothering with the rest is just you trying to find an easy escape from your terrible post. Your post wasn't just about whether it was a toe or ankle injury. Your post started with some conspiracy theory that involves crap evidence. It's delusional nonsense.
Yes, i am the one with conspiracy theories, when people like you are posting tabloid lies to further your narrative, than just sweep that aside like its nothing when questioned on, seriously take your head out of your arse :lol:

Last edited:

In Rainbows

Yes, i am the one with conspiracy theories, when people like you are posting tabloid lies to further your narrative, seriously take your head out of your arse :lol:
I mean, you literally are posting conspiracy theories by suggesting he's faking an injury. Seriously, what world do you live in where you thought your response was an appropriate rebuttal when everyone can just go back 2 pages and see that you posted a conspiracy theory?

Out until December? What a suprise, a player wanting to leave and has the Euros coming up is hardly going to be doing all they can to get back to help a team sitting outside the top 4. There will be more niggles throughout the season that were supposed to keep him out for a few weeks turn into much longer
There it is.

Here is my evidence for him not faking an injury

Now where is your evidence that Pogba and Ole/the club are lying? That's what I thought conspiracy theorist.

Last edited:

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
I'm not sure there's a huge amount in either of those articles. Some quotes from a supposed source and a yer da Gary Neville rant. We know Gary's not exactly objective when it comes to United and Pogba especially.

As for feeling more like a team, they've seemed like more like a team in the past two games but I wouldn't put that down to Pogba's absence as he's been gone a while.

I guess we'll judge that on how well they do between now and December and how his return impacts performances.
You are quite clever.

starman

I mean, you literally are posting conspiracy theories by suggesting he's faking an injury.
No i didn't, another lie, well done! The poster i was responding to said he broke his toe (a story formulated by L'Equipe) and accused me of saying he was faking the broken toe :houllier:

Again, i bored with this rubbish. Make up injuries and then sweep it aside like it nothing, Pogba fanboys are the absolute worse. Bye

In Rainbows

No i didn't, another lie, well done! The poster i was responding to said he broken his toe (a story formulated by L'Equipe) and accused me of saying he was faking the broken toe :houllier:
Sure
Out until December? What a suprise, a player wanting to leave and has the Euros coming up is hardly going to be doing all they can to get back to help a team sitting outside the top 4. There will be more niggles throughout the season that were supposed to keep him out for a few weeks turn into much longer
There it is.

Now where is your evidence that Pogba and Ole/the club are lying? That's what I thought conspiracy theorist.

Don't tell me you're going to lie again and say someone hacked your account to post a conspiracy theory where Pogba is faking an injury. Amazing the lengths people go to just to not admit something.

starman

Sure

There it is.

Don't tell me you're going to lie again and say someone hacked your account to post a conspiracy theory where Pogba is faking an injury. Amazing the lengths people go to just to not admit something.
Where does it say I said hes faking? There's a difference between doing all you can to get back to "faking" a actual injury ffs.:houllier: The club are estimating when he will be back not Pogba. The guy was estimated to be back now and hes not..... You Pogba fanboys are the worse, you make up stuff. Whether its that he broke his toe or that just because his commitment is being questioned it must be people thinking hes faking it. Truly pathetic. Part of me actually can't wait till he is gone just so he take his unbearable fanboys with him.

Anyway, time to clean up my feed up again. Bye

In Rainbows

Where does it say I said hes faking? There's a difference between doing all you can to get back to "faking" a actual injury ffs.:houllier: The club are estimating when he will be back not Pogba. The guy was estimated to be back now and hes not..... You Pogba fanboys are the worse, you make up stuff. Whether its that he broke his toe or that just because his commitment is being questioned it must be people thinking hes faking it. Truly pathetic. Part of me actually can't wait till he is gone just so he take his unbearable fanboys with him.

More semantics just to not admit you were wrong. Unbelievable the lengths people go to. What difference is there between "faking" and suggesting it? You're still making something up and providing no evidence for that. You're a conspiracy theorist by definition that you think there is some conspiracy from Pogba to not get back on the pitch when both the club, Ole, and Pogba state he's injured. And you predict future niggles, which is basically you saying he's going to fake niggles in the future.

Anyone reading this will clearly see your act for what it is so no clue why you're even trying. Then you have the nerve to say I'm acting irrational just for calling you out on your made up fantasy based on no evidence. News flash, I'm the one using actual evidence, you are not.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

:houllier:

jackal&hyde

The man can't have an injury without his character as a person being put in to question. Surreal to read some of the posts in here. We're truly in the era of scapegoating, from football to politics, anything goes.

Marcelinho87

Put Pogba in the lineup against Norwich instead of Andreas and I think we could have seen 5 or 6 goals. Whatever you think of him if the going is good he is great and he always creates something.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The man can't have an injury without his character as a person being put in to question. Surreal to read some of the posts in here. We're truly in the era of scapegoating, from football to politics, anything goes.
That's the issue isn't it. Everything with Pogba is so scrutinised. He clearly came back too early and did more damage to the injury. Now he/we are paying the price. So are France and he risks losing his place in their side at the euros if someone comes in and plays well.

But yeah he'd risk all that just to not play for united, even though there's plenty of evidence of him pushing himself to play for us, training hard while he's injured, coming back from the World Cup last year early etc etc.

Ban

I don't think he's faking it. That's pure conspiracy theory. On the other hand I can't believe we're back at the racism thing. It's opposite poles here, people who love him will find every excuse under the sun for his lack of commitment and bad games and sometimes appear to love him more than the club and those who hate him will blame him for every problem in and around the club. The fact he's talked so much about isn't really good tbh.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well I guess since Martial is back now and looking good, the trolls need to start on someone else...

dev1l

Italian media is saying that Juventus is his preferred destination but Zidane is trying to convince him to go to Madrid
At this rate Juventus will soon line up 1-8-1 :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Put Pogba in the lineup against Norwich instead of Andreas and I think we could have seen 5 or 6 goals. Whatever you think of him if the going is good he is great and he always creates something.
Even when it's bad he creates something, that's the main point really.

Without him when it's bad we create nothing.

Yes the team played fantastically against Norwich, and if we did that more often we wouldn't be so reliant on him. Right now though that seems the odd one out, rather than the regular.

As you say though, if he was at the 10 instead of Pereira I think we could have scored 5 easily.

Maybe this period with him out of the side will do the rest some good. When it's going badly, the easy thing to do is pass it to your "best player" and hope they do the work, now everybody has to pull their weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.