Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Its really not that difficult, when your talisman and world record signing makes it crystal clear over an extended period that he wants out, then other than the player fanboys, which I struggle to understand being a supporter of the club full stop, most supporters are not going to be 100% sympathetic.
Nothing to do with race etc.
The speculation on whether he is a good or bad influence us just that and people will choose their narrative.
One thing for certain is that he is our best player but has been very inconsistent and hasnt lived up to expectations. He will leave a massive disappointment to me.
I personally think he will only play a handful more games for us, unless no-one is willing to stump up 100m next summer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Its really not that difficult, when your talisman and world record signing makes it crystal clear over an extended period that he wants out, then other than the player fanboys, which I struggle to understand being a supporter of the club full stop, most supporters are not going to be 100% sympathetic.
Nothing to do with race etc.
The speculation on whether he is a good or bad influence us just that and people will choose their narrative.
One thing for certain is that he is our best player but has been very inconsistent and hasnt lived up to expectations. He will leave a massive disappointment to me.
I personally think he will only play a handful more games for us, unless no-one is willing to stump up 100m next summer.
All of this is fair game as far as I'm concerned so I don't have an issue with that.
It's creating the narrative that he isn't really injured, he is faking it just because he wants to leave in January, like this is all a ploy by him and firmly believing it based on absolutely nothing but hatred. The stuff you can read at times is crazy.

saivet

Sure I can explain. As I wrote, it’s not about the injury, it’s the character. I think Pogba is bad influence. The reason I think so is countless articles, lates that he is bad influence on Martial, rumors, the way he behaves and then his massive ego. Like the way he’s always changing the color of his hair, rumors he’s occupied with that prior to big games, or his celebration “style” and so on. Then finally the fact the team seems to perform better when he’s gone.
Do you intend to share these articles then?

Also regarding his hair, it amazes me that fan care about stupid shit like that. You'd think he's skipping training to get a haircut.

And from a footballing perspective have you watched any games since he's been injured? Or are you basing this all from the Norwich game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
WTF is this about him leaving in January? He has a broken toe ffs!

The Original

Out until December? What a suprise, a player wanting to leave and has the Euros coming up is hardly going to be doing all they can to get back to help a team sitting outside the top 4. There will be more niggles throughout the season that were supposed to keep him out for a few weeks turn into much longer

If Real offer big in January, get rid of him, he barely turns up for more than 3 months of the season at the best of times. Hopefully we can get Odegaard included
Pogba has a broken toe. What is this "all he can to get back" that he should be doing, that you know for a fact he is not doing? The club's medical experts carried out an assessment and provided this update. Are you saying the medical team is in a conspiracy with Pogba?

That aside, why would a player angling for a move, and having his eye on the Euros not want to play regularly? How would that help his cause?

Reactions: Sultan

Canagel

No fracture is apparently fake now. It's all a cover up to move in Jan and that's why he had crutches and missed two international breaks.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Foot injuries are the worst, they take a long time to heal and are painful for a long time.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Knew that midfield was going to be fecked back in the summer if he misses significant time, considering Matic is a relic, Garner is way too raw and Fred blows hot and cold. Criminal to not have reinforced there. Now the club is one McTominay sprain away from full blown panic and asking Carrick if he fancies a come back.

RedDevilUnited369

Some Utd fans are as stupid and embarrassing as Arsenal fans.

Hilarious that he can’t do more to mend a BROKEN TOE.

It’s only a digit that belongs on his FOOT which can.....wait for it.... stop you playing FOOTball.

Some complete morons that surprisingly know how to use the internet.

If this post hurt your feelings I’m talking directly to YOU.

Get a grip.

A-man

I dont questi9n his injury, but what is the thing with sending injured players to Dubai? Im not saying they should sit 24-7 on a test bike in a basement working their arse off, but isnt it better they stay with the team?

youmeletsfly

I dont questi9n his injury, but what is the thing with sending injured players to Dubai? Im not saying they should sit 24-7 on a test bike in a basement working their arse off, but isnt it better they stay with the team?
Warm weather aids recovery quite a lot.

JPRouve

Scout
I would prefer to see players stay around but it depends on the physicians that the player picks. Dubai and Qatar have attracted top sport physician so some players will go there, also the facilities and environment are generally great. Athletes go to Paris or the US too.

A-man

Warm weather aids recovery quite a lot.
I can see some benefits with the weather. It gives you motivation, keeps you happier during mentally tough injury times and maybe aids recovery. But for me staying with the team should be vital. I am sending my son to handball training now with a broken arm. No he cant train with the others, but he should be with his team and he can do some lighter activities. This is my personal opinion and I fully respect if other think it is better to send away injured players.

A-man

I would prefer to see players stay around but it depends on the physicians that the player picks. Dubai and Qatar have attracted top sport physician so some players will go there, also the facilities and environment are generally great. Athletes go to Paris or the US too.
Yes I agree with that. If there is a special medical reason it makes sense. I am just a strong believer in that staying with the team should be one major factor in deciding to send away a player or not.

It always seem to be the star players who go away for weeks, never Jones or Rojo. But I guess you cant stay 6 + months per year on a tourist visa.

JPRouve

Scout
Yes I agree with that. If there is a special medical reason it makes sense. I am just a strong believer in that staying with the team should be one major factor in deciding to send away a player or not.

It always seem to be the star players who go away for weeks, never Jones or Rojo. But I guess you cant stay 6 + months per year on a tourist visa.
In theory I agree and said the same thing. But the reality is that injured players aren't with the team, they have their own schedule with the medical staff and don't spend as much time with their teammates, it's not like amateur sports. When you are injured you are isloated even when within the club facilities. But if he was around he could maybe help with the U16/U18 depending on the schedules.

mark_a

We're doing OK without him. Imagine what his fee + the money we'd likely get to spend in Jan on a player we need would get us! We need a Pogba replacement who can be more consistent. I'm not a Pogba hater by any stretch, but anyone can see he's not playing up to his abilities. I'd love to have seen him establish himself more, play more, score more & prove nay-sayers wrong, but that hasn't happened.

RedDevilUnited369

Again think logically. We’ve got 5 winnable games coming up. If we are “doing ok without him” how will potential buyers view him and how would a team that looks better without Pogba affect the price tag?

He cannot leave in January unless we have guaranteed suitable replacements. The players we’ve been linked to, their teams won’t let them go mid season.

I think Utd and Ole have learnt a lesson about not replacing key players.

He’ll go in the summer if people are still willing to pay.

Hammondo

Again think logically. We’ve got 5 winnable games coming up. If we are “doing ok without him” how will potential buyers view him and how would a team that looks better without Pogba affect the price tag?

He cannot leave in January unless we have guaranteed suitable replacements. The players we’ve been linked to, their teams won’t let them go mid season.

I think Utd and Ole have learnt a lesson about not replacing key players.

He’ll go in the summer if people are still willing to pay.
Depends on how much is considered willing to pay.

Withnail

As others have said injured players in professional sports are isolated during recovery.

Many ex players have described it as a incredibly lonely and often depressing experience. Anything to improve their mood and keep them motivated is a good thing.

I don't about Rojo and Jones but Matic and Shaw are also over there at the moment so it's not just some prima donna demand.

kopviolator

He's said he's looking for a move so he'll move on when he has the chance. I agree he can't leave in January but I'd rather Ole plans his selection without him than with him. Creative and talented yes but since he doesn't want to be here he really doesn't bring much to the table.

el3mel

I myself believe we saw the last of him. Gonna be a cash + swap deal with Madrid in Jan I reckon. The injury was unfortunate though.

But by the time Jan comes we would have played the majority of first leg of the season without him and should be able to put a plan without needing him, so Jan is a good time to cash on him, especially if Madrid are willing to put a swap in it too. Just move on from him.

EireRed_GS

Anyone else find this all a bit strange being out another month??

I was skeptical at the level of his injury before, and was more suspicious of his desire to play (and no im not expecting him to play through an ankle injury before any fan boys have a go, as ive had 2x ankle ligaments done pretty bad before.) But something just doesnt sit right this time.

For an injury a few weeks back he had no problem playing through, and apparently just needed additional rest. It seem very strange that he now be out another month or so on top of what he's been gone for already. It doesn't make much sense without him having injured it badly again, which there has been no mention of.

Im getting the feeling its maybe been decided to ship him out and just keep him away while Ole rebuilds, and just make another excuse in Dec... I wouldnt be surprised now if he left soon (and not really bothered at all to be honest), but we would be making a huge mistake letting him go without having at least 2x top MF to come in. We need a proper marquee player in the spine of our team i think

Hammondo

Pogba, the main creative force in the team and often the only player creating chances is not important to this team playing well?
He seems to make no difference to how well we play, equally bad with and without him.

A-man

In theory I agree and said the same thing. But the reality is that injured players aren't with the team, they have their own schedule with the medical staff and don't spend as much time with their teammates, it's not like amateur sports. When you are injured you are isloated even when within the club facilities. But if he was around he could maybe help with the U16/U18 depending on the schedules.
I guess so. And I guess they have better knowledge than me about what is the best for the team and player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Reminds me of Mourinho's 2nd season in charge where Pogba had a large period out then as well, then came back and got sent off against Arsenal and went and missed 3 more games :(

Pretty sure last season was the only time he's stayed fit for an entire season (for us at least)

Has it been confirmed then that we made matters worse forcing him back against Rochdale (lol) and Arsenal?

Like has been said it's probably not the worst time in the world now to be missing him but will certainly need him back by the Spurs game in December (with City the week after)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I was skeptical at the level of his injury before, and was more suspicious of his desire to play (and no im not expecting him to play through an ankle injury before any fan boys have a go, as ive had 2x ankle ligaments done pretty bad before.) But something just doesnt sit right this time.

For an injury a few weeks back he had no problem playing through, and apparently just needed additional rest. It seem very strange that he now be out another month or so on top of what he's been gone for already. It doesn't make much sense without him having injured it badly again, which there has been no mention of.

Im getting the feeling its maybe been decided to ship him out and just keep him away while Ole rebuilds, and just make another excuse in Dec... I wouldnt be surprised now if he left soon (and not really bothered at all to be honest), but we would be making a huge mistake letting him go without having at least 2x top MF to come in. We need a proper marquee player in the spine of our team i think
Not really.

He's missing international duty also, if he was fine and just being kept away from the squad then he would definitely say something publically.

Sometimes injuries just take a while to heal fully. We/he's rushed back and made his injury even worse, so they want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Ole himself said Pogba's foot had swollen right up after Rochdale.

If by December another excuse gets made until january, then it's fair to assume something's happened. Until then we just have to take what they say at face value. It doesn't suit Pogba or us to not play for months.

norm87cro

I see there are a few white and english comments out there. Personally I have questioned Pogba's commitment and attitude to this club and it really doesn't have anything to do with him being black and french. Just to make my point:
Cole=Legend
Yorke=Legend
Evra=Legend
Saha was injury prone but he was class on the pitch. Ince singed for the Dippers and that's why he is not a United legend. All of the players mentioned in this post did much much more than Pogba

sugar_kane

It's post like these that makes this place dumb.
What's dumb about what I said? He spent all summer agitating for a move and using his brother and his agent as mouth pieces.

He's come out on more than one occasion strongly insinuating he wants to leave.

He swings from looking like one of the finest players on the planet to someone who looks like he's playing Sunday League.

He's pictured speaking directly to the manager of the club who supposedly wants to sign him.

He doesn't give a shite about United, and he doesn't have the consistency in his performances to overlook that (like Ronaldo, for example)

If we're going to build a team unit like Klopp has at Liverpool we need to be ruthless.

The Original

Okay, so what has happened between the summer and the present that would explain such a drastic change of position? Is the French national team also planning to ship him out in January, which would explain why he has not also played for them?

EireRed_GS

Okay, so what has happened between the summer and the present that would explain such a drastic change of position? Is the French national team also planning to ship him out in January, which would explain why he has not also played for them?
I have no idea what could have happened. maybe nothing, maybe something. Only Ole and pogba knows

Im just saying it seems a bit strange to be out for another month with an injury that was apparently on the mend, with no mentioned set backs. Regarding France, for all we know him and his agent could be happy to sit a few games out if that means moving on, I wouldnt put that past that prick Riaola. Could also be nothing.

either way, we may just get used to him not being around because when hes not injured this season, im not expecting big performances, and then he will be gone in the summer if not Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.