6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith

Foot injury is a complex thing and needs a fair bit of time to heal. I was really hoping that pogba will be back soon as his creativity is very important to us, but I suppose it's not a bad time to be missing given that our run of fixtures is not too challenging.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He definitely wouldn't have received so much hate if he were white or English. I'm absolutely sure of that.
Pogba is also Muslim, so who knows, maybe it also contributes to some irrationnal hatred too
Playing the race card is probably the lowest anyone can go when there's absolutely no foundation to base it on. Pogba has brought everything on himself. His performances since he's been with us have been less than average which probably wouldn't matter as much in the grand scheme of things but when you're (supposedly) a world class talent and going for a world record fee at the time people obviously expect a lot more from you.

He's been looking for an out for a while now and the way he's gone about it is pretty despicable. Giving stories to the press, having his brother appear on Spanish TV to provoke more disharmony, having his snake of an agent say things which would be volatile to any United supporter. He obviously isn't committed to United and for that he's rightly paying the price and not because he's black or Muslim FFS.

When Rooney came out and said he was thinking of leaving he got hammered for it just as much as Pogba and to the best of my knowledge he's not black or Muslim. Let's try and keep the narrative exactly how it is without looking for pitiful excuses.

He'sRaldo

Playing the race card is probably the lowest anyone can go when there's absolutely no foundation to base it on. Pogba has brought everything on himself. His performances since he's been with us have been less than average which probably wouldn't matter as much in the grand scheme of things but when you're (supposedly) a world class talent and going for a world record fee at the time people obviously expect a lot more from you.

He's been looking for an out for a while now and the way he's gone about it is pretty despicable. Giving stories to the press, having his brother appear on Spanish TV to provoke more disharmony, having his snake of an agent say things which would be volatile to any United supporter. He obviously isn't committed to United and for that he's rightly paying the price and not because he's black or Muslim FFS.

When Rooney came out and said he was thinking of leaving he got hammered for it just as much as Pogba and to the best of my knowledge he's not black or Muslim. Let's try and keep the narrative exactly how it is without looking for pitiful excuses.
Eh, the virus stuff and the abuse from the stands was before he ever came out with anything, and it arguably pushed him to do it. He definitely didn't bring everything on himself.

PyroMan

What makes me suspect the "injury" is not Pogba but his cretin of an agent. Most of the noise about him wanting to leave comes from him, he's looking for another big pay-out.

I took a look at Raiola's list of clients and his most significant player currently is Pogba who is entering the prime of his career. I think Raiola might be gunning for his biggest pay-out yet with the transfer of Pogba.

If one looks at Pogba's position from a footballing perspective, then currently the club is nowhere near meeting his expectations. Nowhere close to winning the league and the CL, and we don't look like winning either in the next 2-3 years. That will mean him missing his best years winning nothing, which I doubt he will want.

Highly cynical of me, and if this was another player, I most likely wouldn't be reading too much into the injury. The more this injury extends, the more sceptical I'm getting.

starman

Pogba has a broken toe. What is this "all he can to get back" that he should be doing, that you know for a fact he is not doing? The club's medical experts carried out an assessment and provided this update. Are you saying the medical team is in a conspiracy with Pogba?

That aside, why would a player angling for a move, and having his eye on the Euros not want to play regularly? How would that help his cause?
"Broke his toe" as reported by L’Equipe. You're merging what the club are saying to what a tabloid sports newspaper is saying. The club have not said he broke his toe, you think it takes weeks/month to diagnose a break? The club have said its a ankle injury and so have the BBC reported it as. Not sure what education you had but a toe and ankle are separate things...
The previous update had Pogba scheduled to be back around now. In that time he would have had to follow a rehabilitation programme ensuring his maximum chances of return/recovery so it's either the club were wrong with their estimates or Pogba rehilbiltaion has not gone as well as hoped.

Pogba is not going get dropped from the France sqaud even if he misses the season, if he is fit for the Euros he will get picked.
I just find it amazing how much people defend a player that wanted to leave, I look forward to never seeing you guys around these parts when hes left and you are 'following' his new team.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Eh, the virus stuff and the abuse from the stands was before he ever came out with anything, and it arguably pushed him to do it. He definitely didn't bring everything on himself.
What are you talking about? The one or 2 fans that heckled him after the Cardiff game last season? If that was the reason then he's even more weak minded than I thought. The players deserved all the abuse they received that day with Pogba being included and I've no sympathy for anyone who earns millions and feels its OK to stroll round the park and then get torn a new one. I believe it was Mou who called Pogba a virus which was nothing to do with the club so when Mou left that comment should of left with him. A fresh start for everyone.

Pogba has always wanted to go to Madrid even before he re signed for us. All we are to him is a stepping stone until he (maybe) gets his way and that's showed in his attitude almost since day one and quite frankly the sooner he's fecks off the better.

Apokalips

Don't get why some are so desperate for him to be a problem child that they come up with half baked conspiracies.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Playing the race card is probably the lowest anyone can go when there's absolutely no foundation to base it on. Pogba has brought everything on himself.
Yes, let's blame the victim. 'We're not being racist, he's just being shit'.
And no, he hasn't brought everything on himself. I hate his agent and his antics, and I don't like Pogba's 'challenge' comments, either. But which world-class player would like to stay in an EL team with a mediocre squad and a mediocre manager where he is blamed and abused for everything that goes wrong?

His performances since he's been with us have been less than average which probably wouldn't matter as much in the grand scheme of things but when you're (supposedly) a world class talent and going for a world record fee at the time people obviously expect a lot more from you.
If he's been average with the numbers he's put up, I wonder what you make of the rest of the squad. The fee was not his responsibility, btw. He's not even paid as much as Sanchez.
And we can see what we are as a team without him right now. Happy that we're 7th instead of being 16th.

We knew what sort of person his agent is, if you didn't expect the press, you were blind. Pogba isn't 'having' his agent say all that stuff, that's Mino's MO. Separate that from actual reports from the manager and the players. They're all indicating that he's a positive influence in the dressing room. That he tries to bring leadership to the squad.

Ronaldo publicly asked for a move and left us for Madrid at the peak of our powers under SAF. I'm surprised and relieved Pogba isn't creating as much of a fuss right now, given how RM's manager is not only a triple CL-winning manager, but also a legendary French midfielder who won it all as a player himself. It would be genuinely stupid of Pogba, if he thought being in a terribly managed business entity like Manchester United (who don't even make the CL never mind win it) was a better option.

I don't recall Pogba coming out and saying he wants to leave for Manchester City. You should get on FOX News more often.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I did say "maybe". Anything is possible in this crazy world we live in.

He'sRaldo

What are you talking about? The one or 2 fans that heckled him after the Cardiff game last season? If that was the reason then he's even more weak minded than I thought. The players deserved all the abuse they received that day with Pogba being included and I've no sympathy for anyone who earns millions and feels its OK to stroll round the park and then get torn a new one. I believe it was Mou who called Pogba a virus which was nothing to do with the club so when Mou left that comment should of left with him. A fresh start for everyone.

Pogba has always wanted to go to Madrid even before he re signed for us. All we are to him is a stepping stone until he (maybe) gets his way and that's showed in his attitude almost since day one and quite frankly the sooner he's fecks off the better.
You previously said he brought on the criticism by publicly wanting out, but I argued the abuse started way before then. The rest of the stuff you just wrote has no relevance to this.

432JuanMata

Fans are so fickle. We played well yesterday and now all of a sudden we are better without Pogba :lol:. Do people just forgot all the matches beforehand were we barely get a shot off and create next too nothing, with Fred and Peirera being non existent?.

Pogba has been a let down sure but better without him, He is better than Fred and Peirera put together. Remember the stat after 8 games ? He created more chances than our whole midfield combined and only played half the amount of games

redmanc

Regardless of whats going on i am sick of the drama and just want this circle jerk to be over, if that means him leaving then so be it, as long as we reinvest wisely.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Without a doubt he is our best individual midfielder. Not only that but potentially one of the best in the world.
Liverpool fans can go on with their nonsense but judged as individual player they do not have a single midfielder on par with him.

That being said I have been impressed how well Pereira/Fred/McTominay played together although none of them is a really great player on his own.
It’s just about how disciplined they were and how they worked and stayed in their position.
That is also what Klopp achieved with superior players to our mentioned 3. Maybe a manager of his class could do the right thing with Pogba as well.

I felt in the summer we should have let him go and upgrade our other options by bringing in 2 or 3 other midfielders.

EireRed_GS

And no, he hasn't brought everything on himself. I hate his agent and his antics, and I don't like Pogba's 'challenge' comments, either. But which world-class player would like to stay in an EL team with a mediocre squad and a mediocre manager where he is blamed and abused for everything that goes wrong?
Sorry mate, but he does not get the brunt of everything wrong with United at the minute. The whole squad has taken massive criticism about how bad we have been recently. Almost every single player has been singled out for not performing. He takes his share of the stick, just like 'JLingz', Rashford, Mata, Matic, Young etc, and the rest who have been poor... If anything, ashley young has got the worst out of them all.. But with Pogba's price tag, and people like yourself referring to him as 'world class' just opens him up for a little more

I wish he was world class, i really do, but hes simply not. I genuinely thought he was at the start when we got him back, but have been shown almost every week why he isnt. He is very good when he wants to be, but far far off being world class. Gets out played by other midfielders way too much vs teams supposedly miles below us. That doesn't happen to the worlds best players. And just always blaming the other players around him doesn't cut it for me either. Bryan Robson played in a team similar (prob worse) and came out most games looking like a world beater. and when he didnt im sure there wasnt fingers being pointed at those around him.

Like i said before, either way if Paul isnt gone in Jan, he will be gone in the summer. Thats clear. Utd may use the time to figure out who we are bringing in to fill the additional gap in MF. If Woodward wants to redeem himself even just a little this should be his priority between now and then

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
You previously said he brought on the criticism by publicly wanting out, but I argued the abuse started way before then. The rest of the stuff you just wrote has no relevance to this.
I really can't remember anymore abuse except maybe a few boos against arsenal but it has never been an ongoing agenda and I didn't say he brought on criticism by publicly wanting out. I said it was his performances and attitude since he's been with us.
I did say "maybe". Anything is possible in this crazy world we live in.
Yeah, we might even finish in the top 4:)

If he's been average with the numbers he's put up, I wonder what you make of the rest of the squad. The fee was not his responsibility, btw. He's not even paid as much as Sanchez.
And we can see what we are as a team without him right now. Happy that we're 7th instead of being 16th.

We knew what sort of person his agent is, if you didn't expect the press, you were blind. Pogba isn't 'having' his agent say all that stuff, that's Mino's MO. Separate that from actual reports from the manager and the players. They're all indicating that he's a positive influence in the dressing room. That he tries to bring leadership to the squad.

Ronaldo publicly asked for a move and left us for Madrid at the peak of our powers under SAF. I'm surprised and relieved Pogba isn't creating as much of a fuss right now, given how RM's manager is not only a triple CL-winning manager, but also a legendary French midfielder who won it all as a player himself. It would be genuinely stupid of Pogba, if he thought being in a terribly managed business entity like Manchester United (who don't even make the CL never mind win it) was a better option.

I don't recall Pogba coming out and saying he wants to leave for Manchester City. You should get on FOX News more often.
I just find it very strange for the race card being played when others in the squad (Lingard, Pereira) are receiving a lot more abuse than Pogba. It's like saying we can't use the race card against them because one's English and the other is white but with Pogba we can? It doesn't make sense.

Of course it's Raiola MO in shit stirring with the press but if you believe Pogba had nothing to do with his comments then I think you're the blind one. Pogba played a very good game in keeping his options open instead of putting in a transfer request which would of been a lot more acceptable than the shit show that followed.

Its true Pogba hasn't came out and say he wants to play for City just that he wanted to go elsewhere and to be fair to him very cleverly keeping his options open with us for a bumper pay rise when it actually started looking like no one else wanted him. Yeah, Pogba is a true legend.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would it be the worst thing in the world if we replaced him with say, Kai Havertz or Maddison?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What makes me suspect the "injury" is not Pogba but his cretin of an agent. Most of the noise about him wanting to leave comes from him, he's looking for another big pay-out.
Lets stop trying to plead ignorance on Pogba and his agent being two different voices now. It's obvious he's not going behind Pogba's back to push buttons. He's 26 years old now, he knows what is right and what isn't.

el3mel

Would it be the worst thing in the world if we replaced him with say, Kai Havertz or Maddison?
Not really.

For me I'll take a consistent 7/10 players ahead of a player who varies from 9 to 4/10 from a game to the next one.

It's time for him and us to move on from each other.

The Original

"Broke his toe" as reported by L’Equipe. You're merging what the club are saying to what a tabloid sports newspaper is saying. The club have not said he broke his toe, you think it takes weeks/month to diagnose a break? The club have said its a ankle injury and so have the BBC reported it as. Not sure what education you had but a toe and ankle are separate things...
The previous update had Pogba scheduled to be back around now. In that time he would have had to follow a rehabilitation programme ensuring his maximum chances of return/recovery so it's either the club were wrong with their estimates or Pogba rehilbiltaion has not gone as well as hoped.

Pogba is not going get dropped from the France sqaud even if he misses the season, if he is fit for the Euros he will get picked.
I just find it amazing how much people defend a player that wanted to leave, I look forward to never seeing you guys around these parts when hes left and you are 'following' his new team.
You're a funny fella.

Okay, it's an ankle issue, not a toe issue. How does that change the value of the argument I was making?

Which in case you can't spot it, is simply that unless you are saying that Manchester United as a club, Paul Pogba, and The French Football Federation, are all involved in a conspiracy to somehow deceive the public, for an unknown purpose, then Pogba's injury has nothing to do with him wanting to leave the club.

Before you make any further arguments in support of the theory, consider the following:

1. Pogba has been examined by Man Utd medical personnel. Their assessment is that he is injured (this should be the end of the conversation really!). They would have no reason to lie since:

2. Man Utd have nothing to gain from keeping the club's highest paid player and best outfield performer out of action. Even if the intention was to sell him imminently, the club would gain the most by playing him until he leaves.

3. Ole has not behaved in a way that is consistent with a desire to keep Pogba off the field. By bringing him back against Rochdale, he did the opposite, in fact, and showed that he would rather have Pogba on the pitch than away from it.

4. Even if he was leaving imminently, Pogba would surely prefer to play as most players generally do.

5. Real Madrid would prefer to have a fit player on their hands

6. The French would have been indignant about missing Pogba for two games all to perpetuate a ruse.

Given that the discourse on Pogba is currently centered around whether he is faking his injury or not, your last sentence implies that you believe that since the player has indicated that he would like to leave, that it is acceptable and normal for rational people in the name of being fans, to go out there and make up what whatever stories they like about him, and that pointing out the logical reality makes one a "bad" Man Utd fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ødegaard

fergiesarmy1

If Rooney had been black and French, he would have got exactly the same amount of abuse.
How does Evra fit into that anology? Or Cantona for just being French, or Yorke and Cole amongst many examples that doesn’t fit your narrative?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Pogba technically is our best player but his attitude stinks. If he wanted to motivate himself and put in performances week in week out that we all know he's capable of then of course no one would want him to leave but after 3 seasons that's looking more and more doubtful so I wouldn't have any problems whatsoever in bringing in anyone of your choices. Personally I'd go for Maddison. Not because he's white and British but because he's proven in the PL. For that reason alone it will push the cost up but I think it would be worth it but If the club are interested I'd start negotiations right now though. That way we might have a chance of getting it over the finishing line before deadline day.

Dante

Average bang
How does Evra fit into that anology? Or Cantona for just being French, or Yorke and Cole amongst many examples that doesn’t fit your narrative?
It's your narrative that pigeonholes people and into easily defined groups for ease of stereotyping.

All those people were individuals and should be treated on their own merits.

Last edited:

fergiesarmy1

It's your narrative that pigeonholes people and into easily defined groups for ease of stereotyping.

All those people were individuals and should be treated on their won merits.
Your basically accusing anyone that’s had enough of pogba of being a racist both on skin colour and nationality?

BlueHaze

Not really.

For me I'll take a consistent 7/10 players ahead of a player who varies from 9 to 4/10 from a game to the next one.

It's time for him and us to move on from each other.
I will have to agree with this. I have always said no matter who the player is, if they want out let them go, simple as.

fergiesarmy1

“If Rooney was french and black he would have got the same abuse”?

United fans are the most welcoming of fans in England in my opinion to any nationality and skin colour, a lot of issues at other clubs but not here.

Weren’t Liverpool and Everton 2 of the last teams in the top flight of clubs to play a black player from my memory?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Your basically accusing anyone that’s had enough of pogba of being a racist both on skin colour and nationality?
It really is strange thinking. I could be a black French man but because I criticise Pogba im automatically white English? Weird.

Welcome back by the way. How was your vacation? :D

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If Rooney had been black and French, he would have got exactly the same amount of abuse.
If he'd played as consistently shite as Pogba instead of the endless goals and great performances, maybe. Not that Rooney wasn't subjected to endless abuse when he turned crap anyway.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
One of the key features of our good performances against Liverpool and Norwich was the pressing in the opposition half. Pereira, Fred and McTominay have been key to that. Pogba would spoil the chemistry if he came back into the team. We'd obviously be better in other ways, but it's no guarantee that we'd be better overall.
Pogba is actually well-proven in pressing systems and, unsurprisingly, prefers pressing to running back to his own box to defend. It won't be enough to seamlessly fit into Klopp's gegen-pressing, but Ole's system doesn't require such intensity.

fergiesarmy1

It really is strange thinking. I could be a black French man but because I criticise Pogba im automatically white English? Weird.

Welcome back by the way. How was your vacation? :D
Haha, didn’t even know why I couldn’t log in the next morning. You don’t get any notification. Had to re-read my posts which in my limited defence was made after starting drinking about 2pm that day.

Apologies to anyone I offended though I still don’t like the man.

starman

You're a funny fella.

Okay, it's an ankle issue, not a toe issue. How does that change the value of the argument I was making?

Which in case you can't spot it, is simply that unless you are saying that Manchester United as a club, Paul Pogba, and The French Football Federation, are all involved in a conspiracy to somehow deceive the public, for an unknown purpose, then Pogba's injury has nothing to do with him wanting to leave the club.

Before you make any further arguments in support of the theory, consider the following:

1. Pogba has been examined by Man Utd medical personnel. Their assessment is that he is injured (this should be the end of the conversation really!). They would have no reason to lie since:

2. Man Utd have nothing to gain from keeping the club's highest paid player and best outfield performer out of action. Even if the intention was to sell him imminently, the club would gain the most by playing him until he leaves.

3. Ole has not behaved in a way that is consistent with a desire to keep Pogba off the field. By bringing him back against Rochdale, he did the opposite, in fact, and showed that he would rather have Pogba on the pitch than away from it.

4. Even if he was leaving imminently, Pogba would surely prefer to play as most players generally do.

5. Real Madrid would prefer to have a fit player on their hands

6. The French would have been indignant about missing Pogba for two games all to perpetuate a ruse.

Given that the discourse on Pogba is currently centered around whether he is faking his injury or not, your last sentence implies that you believe that since the player has indicated that he would like to leave, that it is acceptable and normal for rational people in the name of being fans, to go out there and make up what whatever stories they like about him, and that pointing out the logical reality makes one a "bad" Man Utd fan.
Because it was based on a tabloid rumour. And you and lot of people took it as gospel and spread it like wildfire and at the same time accused people of making out they are saying he is faking a broken toe...I am not even bothering going point by point, its all i need to say

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I dont questi9n his injury, but what is the thing with sending injured players to Dubai? Im not saying they should sit 24-7 on a test bike in a basement working their arse off, but isnt it better they stay with the team?
By the way, even a certain Daniel James went to Dubai before the pre-season to improve his fitness (to "kaizen 3 performance"). It's quite often that players recover outside of the club (not only at United), simply because club personnel is more equipped to deal with day-to-day performance issues and muscle problems. When a player needs a serious recovery or an operation, they just outsource it.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Haha, didn’t even know why I couldn’t log in the next morning. You don’t get any notification. Had to re-read my posts which in my limited defence was made after starting drinking about 2pm that day.

Apologies to anyone I offended though I still don’t like the man.
Someone should invent an electronic cut off device for all social media pages and WhatsApp after having x amount of beers. The amount of times I've been on the lash only to wake up the next day and re read the messages I've sent just made me want to curl up in a ball and die. Might make for an interesting thread though.

fergiesarmy1

Someone should invent an electronic cut off device for all social media pages and WhatsApp after having x amount of beers. The amount of times I've been on the lash only to wake up the next day and re read the messages I've sent just made me want to curl up in a ball and die. Might make for an interesting thread though.
Haha one of those captchas would do after 10pm, struggle with those when I’m sober :lol:

led_scholes

He is our best (outfield) player, and arguably one of the best in the world. However, given his price tag, around 130 mil, and his wantaway attitude, we can buy 2 players to cover the midfield and our attack. I think it is more wise to sell him than beg him to stay. He is a great player but he is not Messi.

mark_a

:lol: Fecking hell if this is OK I dread to think what doing shite is
Beat Norwich, drew versus Liverpool who seem to be able to manage to win however they plan. I'm talking short term. With him it's been mixed (Arsenal - positives for us, disapointing result etc. West Ham/Newcastle awful)

Status
Not open for further replies.