6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

I think we can all agree regardless of price Pogba is supposed to be the teams superstar?

Is he performing like a superstar? No and hasn’t really apart from the odd game since he has been here.
No I can't agree with that. At least for success, that can't be what is expected of one player. To build a team, of course two or three players will cost more than the rest. But they are all supposed to stand out in one way or another.

el3mel

Pogba fanboys are hilarious, he has done nothing at united to justify his prize tag... always takes the club for granted, has disrupted the culture of the club, even James Milner has done more for Liverpool than Pogba has done for us. Team is always greater than sum of its parts. I'd gladly replace this faulty part with a reliable one or two.
Except for that culture part (We have Lingard in the club after all) I agree with the rest.

For the majority of his time here he did nothing to justify him being the most expensive player back then.

His time here was mostly blowing hot and cold, great matches accompanied by terrible performance in others. Very inconsistent. Too many excuses, too many justifications for his inconsistency, ranging from managers, to formations, to positions, to teammates etc.

Accompanied by his controversial quotes whenever he's asked about his future about the club too.

Overall for the amount of expectations that was placed for him when we paid that money, I don't think we reached half of what we predicted then and he was mostly a mixed bag.

I also don't think he'll do that great in Madrid either when he ends up leaving. He'll keep blowing hot and cold imo.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Amazing he'll be 27. If he continues like he has done up to now he'll become one of the biggest ever wastes of talent.
Other than his successful years with Juventus, and winning WC, runner up Euro with France; yeh you might be right.

In Rainbows

I think we can all agree regardless of price Pogba is supposed to be the teams superstar?

Is he performing like a superstar? No and hasn’t really apart from the odd game since he has been here.
That's relative to how the team is doing. Although you might not like it, expecting players to be some force independent of others is foolish. Pogba has been one of our better players these last 3 seasons, even if you don't think he's been as good as hyped. You have lower standards for others which you excuse with wages. However, when discussing who should leave, those standards should be one in the same. I want the best of the best playing for United. I want United to raise the floor and if at that point, Pogba is the weak link, I would want him gone. But I doubt that will be the case considering Pogba has already been on teams filled with quality.

Imagine Pogba having Gerrard's midfield partners in Xabi and Mascherano. Or how about having Modric and Casamiro. Maybe be like Frank who had Essien and Makelele? How about Iniesta who had Xavi and Busquets? No? What about David Silva who has de Bruyne and Fernandinho? I could go on and on. It's amazing how people expect one player to carry a team. Even those fans who do have a player like that, get upset at the fact that it happens because they realize great teams aren't 1 man shows.

Not surprised at Pogba wanting to leave. He clearly could win more trophies elsewhere and we're not likely to win anything. Hopefully with the money we get from his sale, is enough to buy quality. Still, even with Pogba in the team many fans rightly laugh at the idea of being able to buy someone like Sancho because you would have to be insanely paid to be convinced to come over to United. Stuck in midtable with crap ownership and crap football structure. So there is no guarantee we're able to get someone like Havertz.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Other than his successful years with Juventus, and winning WC, runner up Euro with France; yeh you might be right.
All achievements on the back of other better players and managers.

To date I can’t recall any worthy body of work in his entire career where Pogba was the boss.

Kleberson won the World Cup too. Jordan Hendonson lifted the Champions League as captain.

So your post is just a massive whataboutism claim.

Last edited:

KennyBurner

I agree pogba hasn't done enough since he's been here but we as a club have also refused to surround him with quality. We all thought this was going to be the summer were we bring in quality additions and look how that has turned out. We shipped out good players and failed to replace them. As much as pogba has underperformed we also havent done a enough to help him succeed. I for one hope he stays because we havent brought in anyone to take over before he leaves.

Crashoutcassius

Sadly, I doubt this is true. He's not signing a new contract, not with Ole at the wheel certainly. He already wasted 4 years of his prime here when he could have been winning trophies left and right with RM, Barcelona or back at Juve.

480k/w won't be enough to persuade him, he can get twice as much at PSG if he wants to. Maybe a new manager (Allegri) could convince him to give us one more season to see if there's real progress, but maybe he's already decided to leave anyway.
so psg will pay him over 1m euros a week to do what exactly?...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I don't blame him and will wish good. He signed up for project that included Jose, Zlatan,Mikhi and him.

We failed to add quality and he was left alone , asked to do everything by himself.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No way should we be breaking any wage structure to keep him here. Always been replaceable and we should look forward.

Don't have anything against him as a person, just feel we shouldn't revolve around him or plan to.

OleBoiii

Massive blow if he leaves, but we can't keep players that doesn't want to stay.

It's going to be a major set-back. He's easily our best signing post-Fergie, and with our current struggles I doubt we'll be able to attract a talent of his caliber for a while, regardless of how much money we throw around. We're gonna have to be very smart in the transfer market going forward. Solskjær has got it right so far, though.

Canagel

He'll be 27 y.o. next year. He doesn't have much time left to have a chance of individual and team trophies. He won't get that with United in another 2-3 years (at the least), by then he's approaching 30 and become an old man (in the Caf term).
Not really he has at least 5-6 years ahead of him (usually the best years from midfielders) and probably more. Pogba can easily play until he's 40 like Scholes and Giggs if he wants, running the show with his passing but it doesn't matter in any way if you don't find yourself in the right place at the right time.

Tostao_80

All achievements on the back of other better players and managers.

To date I can’t recall any worthy body of work in his entire career where Pogba was the boss.

Kleberson won the World Cup too. Jordan Hendonson lifted the Champions League as captain.

So your post is just a massive whataboutism claim.
Why does he have to the boss? There are plenty of very successful top class players who have great careers without being the "boss". Paul Pogba played his part in the success of Juventus and France. And the comparison to Kleberson, a bit desperate no?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Why does he have to the boss? There are plenty of very successful top class players who have great careers without being the "boss". Paul Pogba played his part in the success of Juventus and France. And the comparison to Kleberson, a bit desperate no?
Why is it desperate? The post I replied to implied that Pogba was a key part of the Juventus and France success story. I don't agree.
Also, yes I expect a world record fee signing to be 'a boss'. Else he can be paid what we paid Fellaini and Fred.

In Rainbows

Why is it desperate? The post I replied to implied that Pogba was a key part of the Juventus and France success story. I don't agree.
Also, yes I expect a world record fee signing to be 'a boss'. Else he can be paid what we paid Fellaini and Fred.
He literally was a key part. To suggest he wasn't is revisionism. I can't believe we're even having this discussion.

Unless you believe key players means being able to carry the side? I expect a world record fee to give us a good player and he has proven that by being one of our best players in his time here. He's earned his wages in that sense. And besides, world record fees aren't the same anymore. They keep going up, regardless if they're the best player or not. Look at how much Dembele went for despite not being as good as Pogba when he went for that fee.

ROFLUTION

I feel there's something murky about Pogba's spell at the sidelines. Allegedly (pictures taken by Daily mail) he met up with Zidane in Dubai last month, which for whoever manager must be a huge no-go. Hasn't returned to the field since.

Considering Ole likes to pick players he can count on in the long run (shipped out players like Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling), could it be that Ole has had enough of this half-in / half-out show with Pogba and arranged with Pogba, that officially he's just injured?

Alfie092

I feel there's something murky about Pogba's spell at the sidelines. Allegedly (pictures taken by Daily mail) he met up with Zidane in Dubai last month, which for whoever manager must be a huge no-go. Hasn't returned to the field since.

Considering Ole likes to pick players he can count on in the long run (shipped out players like Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling), could it be that Ole has had enough of this half-in / half-out show with Pogba and arranged with Pogba, that officially he's just injured?
Potentially. I do believe he is genuinely injured as he did play through the pain barrier vs Arsenal and Rochdale. You could see during those games he wasn't close to being fully fit and IMO I think him playing those 2 games has set him back massively in his recovery :( he seems like a player who just wants to play football.

However, you could be right and if it is arranged to just say he is injured until December. What happens once it is December/January? Do we start playing him again then? Do we sell in January? Does the club say there has been a setback in his recover and will be out for another couple of months? :confused: if we are just pretending he is injured the club have messed up big time and we should have sold him during the summer if we are not going to benefit from having Pogba on the pitch. The money we would have got in for Pogba could have been used to get his replacement and strengthen other areas of the field. We would have been in a much better position in the league had we done this and invested the money correctly...

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

would like that to be true. He’s no use to us and the younger players appear to be starting to improve in his absence.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Amazing he'll be 27. If he continues like he has done up to now he'll become one of the biggest ever wastes of talent.
Not really, the guy's won 4 league titles and a world cup, with a very big possibility of winning more international honours, he's had a barren period at United but there have been actual wastes of talent who could only dream of his CV.

Seanus

I agree pogba hasn't done enough since he's been here but we as a club have also refused to surround him with quality. We all thought this was going to be the summer were we bring in quality additions and look how that has turned out. We shipped out good players and failed to replace them. As much as pogba has underperformed we also havent done a enough to help him succeed. I for one hope he stays because we havent brought in anyone to take over before he leaves.
Only a couple could even be described as "good", Hererra and Lukaku and Ole made it clear Lukaku had no part in his plans, Hererra no better than Pereira or Fred, a lot older, wanted stupid money and sounds like he was almost agreed with PSG months ago

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Only a couple could even be described as "good", Hererra and Lukaku and Ole made it clear Lukaku had no part in his plans, Hererra no better than Pereira or Fred, a lot older, wanted stupid money and sounds like he was almost agreed with PSG months ago
:lol:

fergiesarmy1

Lot of reports today that he was very close to going to PSG in the summer, just couldn’t get it over the line apparently. Mail, mirror, express, talk sport all running with it.

romufc

We failed to add quality and he was left alone , asked to do everything by himself.
Really? This is such a simple answer.

We have signed the following
- Maguire (quality)
- AWB (Quality)
- Sanchez (Quality at the time)
- Lukaku (Scored 20 plus goals season before he joined)
- Lindelof
- James
- Fred (£50m signing brought to "free" pogba)
- Matic (everyone was impressed to sign him )

He has the likes of Rashford, Martial in the team also so there are no excuses.

Pogba himself has not shown the quality, when you have a superstar in your team you need him to perform.

What you expect from a talent like Pogba is when you are 0-0 or 1-0 down to come up with something special. This is what top players do.

Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, Salah, Son, Kane, KDB, Aguero all come up trumps when the team is not playing well and produce moment of brilliance.

Pogba just complains.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Really? This is such a simple answer.

We have signed the following
- Maguire (quality)
- AWB (Quality)
- Sanchez (Quality at the time)
- Lukaku (Scored 20 plus goals season before he joined)
- Lindelof
- James
- Fred (£50m signing brought to "free" pogba)
- Matic (everyone was impressed to sign him )

He has the likes of Rashford, Martial in the team also so there are no excuses.

Pogba himself has not shown the quality, when you have a superstar in your team you need him to perform.

What you expect from a talent like Pogba is when you are 0-0 or 1-0 down to come up with something special. This is what top players do.

Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, Salah, Son, Kane, KDB, Aguero all come up trumps when the team is not playing well and produce moment of brilliance.

Pogba just complains.
There is a difference when asked to play with McT and Fred, while he could easily play with Ronaldo or Messi or other talented midfielders.Just wait for an year and see how he performs for Real or Juve or PSG.

Pogba still has the best numbers for us. So he has been doing his best. You cant expect him to do everything and still complains that he does nothing.

Last year for us.

13 goals.(1)
9 assists.(1)
2068 passes.(1)
105 shots.(1)
5th in tackles
4th in aerial battles won

Yet, people complain he doesn't show up. You add quality players and he will produce even better numbers.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I'm sick of hearing about numbers. Good team players help the team to look like a team. He hasn't so far. Hopefully he will when he comes back.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't blame him and will wish good. He signed up for project that included Jose, Zlatan,Mikhi and him.

Agreed.

sugar_kane

Not at all excited about him coming back.

all parties need to accept it hasn’t worked out for him here and find him a new club.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Yeah, not his problem our managers/board/whoever signed him didn't recognise he would never succeed here as a main man because he was never that in any team he's played. He was the best when he was part of well drilled team, such is France and Juventus.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well drilled teams = competently ran, cohesive, visible systems. Something we’ve not had in a good six years or so.

From Pogba down to Varela, not a single transfer we’ve made in the past six years has been a clear, resounding success. That’s symptomatic of deep-seated issues at the club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not at all excited about him coming back.

all parties need to accept it hasn’t worked out for him here and find him a new club.
He's out for November isn't he? Sounds to have become a pretty bad injury.
Plus there's that little niggle in your mind that he might not be hellbent on returning as he's not superbly happy here.

Djemba-Djemba

He's out for November isn't he? Sounds to have become a pretty bad injury.
Plus there's that little niggle in your mind that he might not be hellbent on returning as he's not superbly happy here.
If he stays until the Summer I think we'll get this for the rest of the season.

I think he'll pick up plenty of "little niggles" that prevent him from playing much, Ozil style, and then he'll go in the Summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If he stays until the Summer I think we'll get this for the rest of the season.

I think he'll pick up plenty of "little niggles" that prevent him from playing much, Ozil style, and then he'll go in the Summer.
Very possible, and in the meantime I can see us finding a combination of lesser quality that works better. McTom and Fred may well prove to be that

If Pogba does finish the season like he's started it, then there won't be anywhere near as much worry at selling. The problem is will it massively reduce his fee.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Last season Pogba won us the game at Bournemouth with his skill out wide, the type of skill massively missing today

He'sRaldo

We have just too many poor players, with no guarantee to get better ones in the market. I hope we try to hold on to him, otherwise the squad quality will take a big hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.