Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
The question then becomes, who would replace him?

Leicester would bend us over the barrel again for Maddison, especially if we try in January.

Kai Havertz has been mentioned a lot but would he be the right fit.

Other options???
Would you want to see Havertz as a bad fit, Eriksen on the vane or Lingard 28 games 0 goals 0 assists in 2018?

If Pogba goes, I'd just be happy if the club didn't go with "no value/too hard to sign players, let's promote youth".

Hammondo

He’s been available for offers over 150 million since summer, he’s still here. So no it’s not going to end anytime soon, as no one rates him in the 150 million category other than his parent club. United rightfully want to make a profit on him, he wants Zidane, and Zidane wants him, Real need to cough up, cash plus players deal hopefully, we shall see, otherwise he’s got a long term contract, so he can get on with his job....
Well we might be in a position where we have a player who wants to leave. We are not getting close to 150 for him, and if pogba keep pushing to leave his value drops even more.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Well we might be in a position where we have a player who wants to leave. We are not getting close to 150 for him, and if pogba keep pushing to leave his value drops even more.
Thats why they are escalating and slating United now. They thought someone would pay up last summer and its clear now noone will in Jan either so United are being blamed for devaluing him.
Raiola probably assured Pogba he would get his move.

Castia

Something is obviously not right. I thought he was out of the Burnley game so he could start this one.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You can't build an empire on pillars of sand.

Feck him out. We're never going to see a committed player with him.
He's brilliant and talented but hes toxic prick too
I think that his "problem" is that he wants to win trophies. He is not interested in rebuilding. And as i said, i don't blame him for that. So i don't think that he is toxic.
If we show intent this winter/summer and buy few players who will raise us in title contender then i think he would like to stay( with huge new contract of course).

IF his issue is like Ronaldo's( " i want to play for Real or Barca) then feck him. I don't want again go through that phase of crying and sulking and crying...like we had with Cristiano.

lsd

The Oracle
I'm generally on the side of giving Pogba the benefit of the doubt but he really needs to distance himself from Riaola and his comments. At the moment it looks like he's speaking for him which does not do his reputation at United any favours.

I don't think so . Thats saying you don't believe Pogba has a mind of his own.

Pogba can wish to stay at Utd and keep Raiola as his agent should he wish . He has that right whether you like it or not

GenZRed

Like I said, if you want him gone you cannot care about his level of support for the team. You cannot have it both ways
That is not true. Pogba is getting paid a great deal of money to be here and should giveit his all, just like all his players. The opinion of nay fan does not change the dedication Pogba should have for this team.

Bondi77

Does anyone really pay any attention to Raiola’s comments?
The only time he would get my attention would be if he did a review on the best pizzas in the cities he has been in.

Tarrou

I bet he’s still here after January. Next summer though, he’ll probably be off

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Looks to me his head is more in making sure he's fit for France in the summer than for us right now

The Urban Goose

Looks to me his head is more in making sure he's fit for France in the summer than for us right now
So that's what Zidane was telling him when they met? It was his specialty. :lol:
It's plausible. The Madrid president clearly isn't sold on Pogba so 1) Raiola publicly blames us for his not setting the world alight with us, and 2) "make sure you have a good summer".

Full bodied red

Raiola and Pugba can mouth off as much as they like about us.

Maybe someone might remind them that nobody - not RM, not PSG, not Juve - have actually tried to sign the prissy little diva prick yet. They know that we won't sell for much less than we paid for him, and quite simply he does nothing to justify to these three clubs that he's worth anything like that.

If we hadn't paid £90+ million for him, we wouldn't put up with this bullshit.

Tell him he can leave at the end of his contract and until then he can train and play with the U23 squad until someone comes up with £ 80 million plus.

Dan_F

Gone past caring what happens with him to be honest, unsure what to believe anymore.
Same. I’ve always stuck up for him and maintain he’s a wonderful player when he’s on form. I wasn’t bothered by the wedding, it was clearly a big occasion and he wasn’t playing anyway. Seems weird that we would authorise him to go and watch a charity match though, while we’re in the most hectic schedule of season. If he’s had a reaction (ankle wise) to the half against Newcastle he should be resting as much as possible, not travelling to other countries.

It’s the first time where I’ve actually started to think there’s probably more going on behind the scenes than we know. *If* it’s true that he’s refusing to play etc, then I’d quite happily write off a Maguire type transfer to have him sit in the reserves for three years. Would obviously never happen, but it feels like clubs should just make a stand.

tjb

He and his agent have been speaking about leaving since he arrived pretty much.

No one has a problem with his hair, his ability or what he does with his free time, the one thing fans can’t stick is the lack of loyalty. Pogba and Raiola have burned too many bridges for some fans with their comments, that’s just the way it is.

if you want to talk about scapegoats have a look at Young or Jones.
People give him away too much leeway. Are we forgetting the Mourinho saga. We essentially backed Pogba, claiming that Mourinho was dulling his star. The guy has gone now and all some people can say is " do you blame him, we are 6th". He is a part of the team that is 6th and is not some saviour like Hazard was that is bailing us out. Now he and his agent have the audacity to discuss about our recent shortcomings after being part of the problem. He is still at United simply because nobody is willing to pay a suitable amount for him.

Some fans are soooooo concerned that the club won't adequately replace Pogba that they have become far too desperate to see what is happening. He has barely played this season (we are at the same spot with him or without him) . If he is being unprofessional, not having him may be more beneficial to us than having him in the squad. Even if his replacement is not on his level, he would at least have some impact on our team.

E-mal

I am his biggest fan but have to say I have been pissed with how him and his agent have treated the club. All Ole has done since he's come in is defend him.
In my opinion sell him and begin from scratch building a new team.
I am getting exhausted with all these circus.

E-mal

He is essentially one of our biggest problem, one cannot have a big player that is not committed. He might as well be sold.
I am sorry but I have to say, he has treated the fans unfairly and whatever insult he gets, he had it coming.
Poor performance we can take, but disloyalty to fans that basically ensure you get paid that shit load of cash is unfair.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Let's hope this is mind games and he's part of the squad tomorrow.
Its part of Riola's strategy to soften up Woodward -- so he is so sick of him (and his antics) by lowering to the transfer price that they think RM is more willing to pay ... and not at the price United originally wanted.

DamoK

I think that his "problem" is that he wants to win trophies. He is not interested in rebuilding. And as i said, i don't blame him for that. So i don't think that he is toxic.
If we show intent this winter/summer and buy few players who will raise us in title contender then i think he would like to stay( with huge new contract of course).

IF his issue is like Ronaldo's( " i want to play for Real or Barca) then feck him. I don't want again go through that phase of crying and sulking and crying...like we had with Cristiano.
Yeah the way Cristiano reacted left a real sour taste with me. I know he was a great player one of the best ever to wear the red jersey but I don't see him as a united legend like many.

Irwin99

Yeah the way Cristiano reacted left a real sour taste with me. I know he was a great player one of the best ever to wear the red jersey but I don't see him as a united legend like many.
I can see that argument but Ronnie left some amazing memories that will live on. Pogba in contrast has barely left any mark. He might have scored in the EL final but we had comfortably better performers in that game (Ander got the Motm, and Fellaini played very well too). The biggest things I will remember Pogba for are that one match against City in 2018 and his fight with Jose. That's really about it.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This thread is basically like watching angry children throwing tantrums.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Anyway I’m off out now so happy new year to all you pogbaistas and even to Pogba himself, have a good one one and all and UTFR.
Happy new year to you, too!

In the end, even though we have different opinions on Paul, we all want what's best for United so there's no need for both sides to be at each other's throats.

Hawks2008

Feels inevitable that he will leave at seasons end, let's hope we can have CL football next season so we are in a stronger position to buy his replacement.

AkaAkuma

Considering he's a bit of a social star, how often does he post or have interviews where he speaks of passion for the club. It all seems to be how 'he' can win, what 'he's' achieved.

Champagne Football

Hindsight, it's crazy how much effort the board have gone to keeping him all these years, when it was clear as day he was a rotten egg years ago, who only came back to Utd for the money. Real and Barca overlooked him the summer we bought him, so his plan always was to use us as a stepping stone to get his eventual La Liga move.

Another sign of what's gone wrong with the club, when the board overrule a manager and keep a player. I think Barca offered good money for him 2 summers ago. We probably should have just taken the money and run. We're now stuck with a spoiled baby. And surely not bothering to turn up again for the Arsenal game is the last straw? Will Juventus pay 100 million+ for him in January? Unlikely unless it's a loan with obligation to buy, but hopefully.

The slimey pizza man comes out yesterday saying we refused Pogba an historic opportunity to play for Zidane at Real? Last time I checked, Real offered us for Pogba, about half of what they paid for Eden Hazard? And Raiola see's this as us destroying Pogba's dreams. Get the 2 viruses out of the club ASAP. Good riddance. Hopefully UEFA do something someday to banish the filth like Raiola in the game. I won't hold my breathe.

Last edited:

Strelok

In a world where some 19 years old young Joao Felix playing in the Portugal league would cost 126 €m then Pogba is definitely min 150 £m imho. Even not taking in consideration his commercial values.

If you want him, fine. Just cough up what he's worth, the right price and he's yours. Otherwise he'll rot here. That's my stand and what the club should as well imho.

So many angry little overgrown children in this thread.
So you think we should not be angry ? You didn't read what that fat twat said about us?

I'm fine with him wanting to leave but the way him and his fat twat of agent treating the club is just unacceptable. How about him and that fat twat get a bit more grownup, more profesional and show some respect to his own club and his own fans instead?

Last edited:

POF

Pogba really is such a destablising factor in this squad. Prior to Everton at home, the team had gone on a really promising run. No Pogba, no drama. Just a team on the same page. Maybe lacking talent but the unity was there.

Now, he's back for a couple of sub appearances and the drama starts again. Maybe some of it is media nonsense but it would be really easy for Pogba to dampen all of the rumours but he clearly has no intention of doing so.

When he missed the Burnley game, Ole said that he needed "an extra day" and more recently said he expects him to travel. If he's now not available for Arsenal it will just raise more questions.

The points Raiola is raising are clearly true. The club is an absolute shambles and the recruitment policy is pathetic. It's hard to disagree with the points he is making but they are really unhelpful.

The club went on a great run and are second on the form table. Add the best player back into that squad and they should be formidable. All this media nonsense does is stall the momentum.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That is not true. Pogba is getting paid a great deal of money to be here and should giveit his all, just like all his players. The opinion of nay fan does not change the dedication Pogba should have for this team.
That's not the point I was making at all... Of course everyone should do their best, whether they wanna stay or not but as fans, if we want a certain player to be sold, we cannot care if he came to Burnley to watch the game there or not. That's just so stupid.

Member 90887

Do people really think that Raiola is taking the initiative with those comments ?

Clearly the player wants him to make the comments (and i'm not talking just about Pogba here).

Pogba is just acting as a coward here. He does not want to damage the relationship with the fans in case we don't want to sell and he has to stay. It's the smart thing to do really, and i don't blame him for doing that, he's looking for himself.

We should let him go, he is not worth it. He never gave us a full good season and in this season, he barely played, we had a ghost for half a year.

And to people saying "he wants to win trophies", com'on now, he is part of the team, if he wants to win trophies, he should play like the record signing he is. instead, we have a few months of good performances here and there and a lot of moaning.

POF

Do people really think that Raiola is taking the initiative with those comments ?

Clearly the player wants him to make the comments (and i'm not talking just about Pogba here).

Pogba is just acting as a coward here. He does not want to damage the relationship with the fans in case we don't want to sell and he has to stay. It's the smart thing to do really, and i don't blame him for doing that, he's looking for himself.

We should let him go, he is not worth it. He never gave us a full good season and in this season, he barely played, we had a ghost for half a year.

And to people saying "he wants to win trophies", com'on now, he is part of the team, if he wants to win trophies, he should play like the record signing he is. instead, we have a few months of good performances here and there and a lot of moaning.
Completely agree. It's really frustrating when players criticise everyone but themselves for the team's lack of success.

Of course the club would be improved by more quality but the team would be more successful if the star player and talisman performed more often.

In particular one that was so adamant that he had to play in an advanced role on the left of a 3 in midfield with minimal defensive responsibility. Set the team up to suit me but if the team doesn't perform it's everyone else's fault.

It was like Rooney criticising the club for a lack of top class signings and then asking for a transfer when they signed one better than him in his position!

Status
Not open for further replies.