Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

This.

A lot of Midfielders are rated in their teams ability on not there own.

Think of Henderson chap is a good midfielder but nothing exceptional, but as soon as Liverpool are having a great season he is the player of the season? And this is a season where KDB is most likely going to break the assot record. Nonsense.

Pogba had the opposite problem. He always created, he never hid from the ball but as long as he operated in a failing team he was the one blamed for every single dropped point. There was no way he could win.
Pretty much. If he played like he did tonight in a team that otherwise struggles for goals (like we previously have been) then he gets panned for being passive.
Exactly.

It gets a bit annoying when I keep hearing people and pundits alike saying that Pogbs is finally starting to show his true game. It's such a blatant lie and it's ridiculously annoying to hear. But at least the narrative is changing so I'll just let them pretend that Pogba has just started to play this well now, as long as the shift of narrative is positive than them people and so called experts can tell themselves whatever they want.
I think those people that are praising this "new" Pogba are aware that he's always played the same but he's now playing in a productive system.

This is their way of eating their humble pie because dont be mistaken, majority of them wanted him gone.

MuranoLover

If they did score from his mistake, would be another bad performance from him.

Average as an overall.

jackal&hyde

Average as an overall.
For his standards to a push, as a mid he was great. A couple of fantastic balls that Rashford should have scored from, a goal and controlled the game very well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ya what, he was caught in possession fannying around deep in our half, as is his wont, got disposed and if Trezeguet had his shooting boots on we'd have been 1-0 down long before the team woke up. Once we were 0-2 up he played well, but ....
You're the classic football watcher that just sees that moment, rather than the complete picture.

Villa had pressed us and Matic played Pogba into trouble. he took 1 touch and tried to accelerate away but they managed to tackle him.

That isn't showboating or doing "his wont" it's just trying to play out of a press.

Matic got caught in an even worse position earlier in the match but we haven't seen you moan about that.

Average as an overall.
wow congratulations what a stupid post. He had an excellent game. Do you even watch the match?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's thriving in that deeper lying role. Adding Fernandes not only gives a world class playmaker, it unlocks a world class midfielder in Pogba.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How is it understandable? If you receive a dodgy pass, or you lose control, slap it into row Z, as even Barca in their pomp would have struggled to score from there.
You need to be in position to slap it, the ball wasn't even in Pogba's range. It was a poor header from Matic.

Baneofthegame

Ya what, he was caught in possession fannying around deep in our half, as is his wont, got disposed and if Trezeguet had his shooting boots on we'd have been 1-0 down long before the team woke up. Once we were 0-2 up he played well, but ....
Yeah he got caught in possession when our whole team was playing awful, after that he was great.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Brilliant again, he needs to stick around. Can tell he really wanted the goal?

AgentP

Finally Pogba is playing the role he played for France in the World Cup and he's thriving. He needed that extra creative player in Fernandes so that his creative burden is lessened and he can focus on being the deep-lying playmaker. Hope he signs the dotted lines soon and we can go on to build a title-winning squad.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I see the ‘Pogba Possession Loss-O-Meters’ are out again :lol:

Imagine coming to the internet to talk about anytime a player loses the ball. This is a football match. And does everything need to be categorised as ‘dallying’ or ‘showboating’ ffs? Was he trying to do some sort of rabona pass or something? He tried to turn away, and was tackled. Just as Fred, Matic and McTominay have tried to turn away and been tackled this season. It’s football.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
No. We haven't all assumed that.
Me and a few others have been saying that for months now. The masses of the caf are finally seeing it with their own eyes.
Totally. It's been obvious the problem is systemic rather than Pogba himself, and you just need to see his performances at Juve and with France to understand what kind of player he is. People made assumptions based on their feelings towards him, but were wide off the mark.

The Pogba we're seeing now, performing in a well-oiled machine, is where he excels the most. He's a Rolls Royce of a footballer.

Adam-Utd

I see the ‘Pogba Possession Loss-O-Meters’ are out again :lol:

Imagine coming to the internet to talk about anytime a player loses the ball. This is a football match. And does everything need to be categorised as ‘dallying’ or ‘showboating’ ffs? Was he trying to do some sort of rabona pass or something? He tried to turn away, and was tackled. Just as Fred, Matic and McTominay have tried to turn away and been tackled this season. It’s football.
No mate this is football manager or Fifa where plays have 100% pass accuracy and never get tackled.

Clearly back in the class of '63 players never gave the ball away either :smirk:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Average? Wow. Amazing how people can watch the same match and come to vastly different conclusions.

I thought Motm was between Pogba and Greenwood.
So pogbas performance was literally based on whether someone else scored a goal or not? Madness!
Just search his posts on Pogba and you won't be surprised with that post.

MuranoLover

Someone show us from last night - how many passes did he make, how many were forward and how many lead to chances for us.

He is not effective at all.

Parma Dewol

Pogba played two low, driven, long-range passes in last night's game that were both incredible. He made it seem so effortless that the commentators didn't say anything, but I remember thinking 'feckin' hell, those passes are otherworldly!'. Would go as far as to say that few players in the top leagues could pull those passes off, let alone with such consummate ease.

I think one went to Shaw and the other to Rashford. Unfortunately neither player could make the most of the openings, but if anyone can find gifs, I'd love to see those passes again. Curious to know if they were as good as they seemed at the time!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You need to be in position to slap it, the ball wasn't even in Pogba's range. It was a poor header from Matic.
Can you imagine if every time Pogba got pressed he just slapped it out of play :lol: , as a CM in Sunday league football you don’t even do that.

Adam-Utd

Someone show us from last night - how many passes did he make, how many were forward and how many lead to chances for us.

Looks like a pretty effective CM performance to me.

What exactly would you deem to be effective?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You're the classic football watcher that just sees that moment, rather than the complete picture.

Villa had pressed us and Matic played Pogba into trouble. he took 1 touch and tried to accelerate away but they managed to tackle him.

That isn't showboating or doing "his wont" it's just trying to play out of a press.

Matic got caught in an even worse position earlier in the match but we haven't seen you moan about that.

wow congratulations what a stupid post. He had an excellent game. Do you even watch the match?
Actually he has a point, probably just not the one he was making....Pogbas performances seem to be purely judged on moments. For example the Wolves game at home or Palace this season. Individually the best player on the pitch, the only player trying to create or keep the ball. The whole performance forgotten in a moment. The City game where he scored two.....Goals aside he’s had miles better games than that.

The shame of it is that some of it is out of his control, he consistently puts chances on a plate and his teammates miss them and his overall performance is forgotten. Where if they scored it would be a fantastic performance by Pogba....weird.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He still doesn't look like he's upto speed, despite the impressive numbers there. Feels like he's still getting back into his groove, warming the engine up. In the long run, if he signs, I feel that Pogba even from his deep lying position will consistently have more goals and assists than Bruno.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

:lol: he literally can't win. You're aware that he scored a goal right?

Strelok

I think those people that are praising this "new" Pogba are aware that he's always played the same but he's now playing in a productive system.

This is their way of eating their humble pie because dont be mistaken, majority of them wanted him gone.
No he's not. I don't want to mess with the Pogba fans or anti here at all but I don't remember he was tracking back that much and did that much defensive duties. He also cut off all of his unnecessary and showing stuffs.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
He still doesn't look like he's upto speed, despite the impressive numbers there. Feels like he's still getting back into his groove, warming the engine up. In the long run, if he signs, I feel that Pogba even from his deep lying position will consistently have more goals and assists than Bruno.

Pogba is in my humble opinion, the most talented midfield player the premier league has seen. With Bruno and Matic now around him, we'll see him get even better

Fracture90

No he's not. I don't want to mess with the Pogba fans or anti here at all but I don't remember he was tracking back that much and did that much defensive duties. He also cut off all of his unnecessary and showing stuffs.
Yes he was, even before when he played with Fallaini in a double pivot under Mourinho. As i said only difference is that he was expected to do everything, with no movement from the upfield players so he was pretty much short on options which often ended in him getting dispossessed.

Adam-Utd

Actually he has a point, probably just not the one he was making....Pogbas performances seem to be purely judged on moments. For example the Wolves game at home or Palace this season. Individually the best player on the pitch, the only player trying to create or keep the ball. The whole performance forgotten in a moment. The City game where he scored two.....Goals aside he’s had miles better games than that.

The shame of it is that some of it is out of his control, he consistently puts chances on a plate and his teammates miss them and his overall performance is forgotten. Where if they scored it would be a fantastic performance by Pogba....weird.
This is why me and many others have argued that Pogba is held to a completely different standard.

Maybe it's because they don't watch any other football, perhaps all they see is MOTD where everything good is higlighted and you don't see the misplays or bad passes.

It feels like Pogba has to have a FLAWLESS match with zero mistakes in 90 minutes otherwise it's deemed a bad performance, which is frankly bonkers.

If anybody has watched him in the last few games and called him average or poor, they're either extremely bias or just have no idea how to play midfield properly.

Craig Ward

He's thriving in that deeper lying role. Adding Fernandes not only gives a world class playmaker, it unlocks a world class midfielder in Pogba.
I dont think he's really playing in a deep role - he's often advanced alongside or ahead of Fernandes.

When he played in a double pivot with Matic previously - he was a bit inconsistent defensively.

Now he's more or less around Fernandes further up, he's somewhat free of that defensive burden. He is tracking back and working hard, i just think his role has changed which is obviously working.

When he plays as a traditional "DM" like Matic's role we wont see the best of him. However you want to class this role of his, it's working.

Thats a great credit to Ole and the team. This version of Pogba i like, he's keeping it simple, he's using the ball well. Hitting the long ball when it's on.

He's doing well

Conor

This could be the worst prediction ever made on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.