6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbs

I won't be bothered if we could replace him with someone of the quality of Thiago (Non injured) or De jong.
As good as he is, he is very poor defensively and hardly covers slot of ground. Teams find it easy to play through our midfield, of course Matic adds to this problem.
Well that’s just not true is it.
We will see that soon... had it not been for Corona situation I'd have said 70,75 million

E-mal

Grealish and Van De Beek for Pogba. Would people take that? That’s if we can trick Madrid into thinking Pogba is worth £100m.
None of them are actually good enough to start in midfield for a title pursuing team.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
What’s is this worth? I mean footballing worth and not his incredible and carefully curated social media worth. Where is the evidence?

I’m also not sure any club would spend £100m on him, age 27 and with a very erratic body of work in his recent past.

I think it’s best for everyone if another club would take him this summer. COVID-19 has wrecked that plan which Pogba himself wanted. it’s the only reason he’d sign an extension for loads more money (for marketing and not football worth).

I was right about this guy since my elephant in the room thread. 3.5 years later, So many more have also see that.
Besides his unfortunate injury this season he has still been one of United's best players over the last 4 years. Unfortunately, other midfielders have not been up to the mark.

el3mel

Well that’s just not true is it.
There's definitely no club who's going to pay anything close to what we paid for him and if you think that you must be buying into the hype.

I think he'll stay for the reason De Gea ended up staying, they're both past the point top clubs were interested in them. They're not that much anymore in either of them.

Madrid and Barca aren't linked to him anymore and club that showed any interest recently in the reports was Juve and I think they moved on as well.

Riz

There's definitely no club who's going to pay anything close to what we paid for him and if you think that you must be buying into the hype.

I think he'll stay for the reason De Gea ended up staying, they're both past the point top clubs were interested in them. They're not that much anymore in either of them.

Madrid and Barca aren't linked to him anymore and club that showed any interest recently in the reports was Juve and I think they moved on as well.
If we wanted to sell him for £50m do you think we wouldn’t be able to find a buyer?

redshaw

Disappointed with him today, not for the handball but his performance after. He's the ultimate luxury player and did a good cameo when Bruno was pulling up trees but it's rare he can turn up if others are a bit off. Very talented and a super passer but he's very fleeting for us and right now has gave away many clumsy fouls instead of helping the team.

He was good a getting some long range goals, he used to hit the post a lot early on here and thought he would come good eventually with his shooting at least but now he just hits it into the stands or he tries and fails to make space to shoot. Perhaps he can find his range in another league with a bit more time to line up a shot.

Paul is probably ruing another lost year here seeing Madrid change their fortunes recently and get the league.

With or without Pogba, Madrid Juve , Barca Bayern are first or second normally or third if really bad. They build strong teams, have no sugar daddy clubs to compete still, and have a hold on the leagues and we're still trying to build one after 7 years and have no such luxury of having a hold after Fergie and made top 4 twice in six years and we're on a knife edge to make it 3 in 7. Paul is like the alcantera leather seats before the car is built. I wish it was different but he's best off going to complement a top club which have a command on their league still, we don't and not looking likely with more sugar daddies coming.

Last edited:

norm87cro

He's only determined game after the lock down was against Spurs as an impact sub and that was probably to spite Mourhino. As my first loyalty is still to Manchester United I would probably use him as an impact sub against Leicester to roam free. If he can pick up a goal or an assist and we end up drawing or winning the game then good luck in your future endeavours Paul.

youngrell

Just tired I think. Both him and Rashford seem to be suffering the worst lately and it’s no surprise they are the 2 that were out for a good while.

Wasn’t impressed by the penalty, though. Both he and TFM were ducking out, gotta be braver than that.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We need to find a better place for him to play.

He's not delivering as a 10, plus we got Bruno now, he's not comfortable as a 6....i don't know actually...

Put him on the left in a 3 man midfield? Change to a 4-3-3?
You might be right but that doesnt stop him doing what he did tonight. He’s a car crash waiting to happen in the past few games, I don’t think it’s down to his position or his team mates, it’s down to him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
the reality is pogba is somewhere in between how everyone was going mental about him a few weeks ago and the leggy sloppy craic over the last few games. he's a good player who is clearly capable of the sublime but also of messing up the basics. the main thing is we cant stop adding quality because a few of the lads had a few good weeks against teams in the bottom half. when pogba and bruno don't play well our game plan just totally falls apart and we become aimless. we still need width, much more competition and a plan B. We still need 2 or 3 potentially elite players, of a similar standard to pogba/bruno who can raise the players around them. Im also worried about the Sanchez/Rooney/DDG mega deal kiss of death. Will he actually knuckle down for a few years if he signs. We are more than likely the only club that will pay him 300k plus given what he's shown over the last few years. Are we the only ones stupid enough to make a deal like that? Should he be getting a huge raise?

Dearg hÉireann

None of them are actually good enough to start in midfield for a title pursuing team.
I'm sure most of us thought the same about Henderson and Wijnaldum? I know I did, a good system goes further than individual abilities.

el3mel

If we wanted to sell him for £50m do you think we wouldn’t be able to find a buyer?
Mate, he's saying no club will pay more than 50m for him, not that no one will buy him for 50m.

el3mel

Ok so do you think we would struggle to sell Pogba for £55m this summer?
I didn't make the claim about 50m stuff so I think @Jibbs should be replaying about this, as I only said no one will pay for him what we paid at this time, but if you're asking for me opinion, yes, I think top clubs aren't interested in him anymore and will prefer spending such money on someone else. He's not as wanted as he was previously.

Check the offer Barca done for him a year or 2 ago. 45m + 2 of their worst players (confirmed by Di Marzio ) and this was when he still had the aura around him. That's how they rated him. Imagine now ?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ited-turn-down-barcelona-offer-for-paul-pogba

Hammondo

We need to find a better place for him to play.

He's not delivering as a 10, plus we got Bruno now, he's not comfortable as a 6....i don't know actually...

Put him on the left in a 3 man midfield? Change to a 4-3-3?
Matic alone doing the defensive work? Who's actually running the midfield in that situation!

E-mal

I'm sure most of us thought the same about Henderson and Wijnaldum? I know I did, a good system goes further than individual abilities.
Unfortunately our manager does not fill me with confidence in creating a system.

Riz

I didn't make the claim about 50m stuff so I think @Jibbs should be replaying about this, as I only said no one will pay for him what we paid at this time, but if you're asking for me opinion, yes, I think top clubs aren't interested in him anymore and will prefer spending such money on someone else. He's not as wanted as he was previously.

Check the offer Barca done for him a year or 2 ago. 45m + 2 of their worst players (confirmed by Di Marzio ) and this was when he still had the aura around him. Imagine now ?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ited-turn-down-barcelona-offer-for-paul-pogba
And I didn’t make the claim about being able to sell him for near what he was bought for. I only said it’s not true that we wouldn’t be able to sell Pogba for £50m, something which prompted you to suggest I was buying into the hype?

I think if we let it be known we would accept any offers north of £50m for Pogba this summer we’d have plenty of clubs knocking on the door. I’m not saying it’s justified but I struggle to see anyone’s opinion that Madrid, PSG, Juve heck even Chelsea and City wouldn’t offer £50m for him this summer if we would agree. Bizarre opinion.

Suedesi

Time to end this experiment imo and let him go.

He's proven time and time again that he can't be star of this team. Needs to be the 4th best player to be effective. I've seen nothing substantial in the last 2 year to justify his status in the team. And the excuses for him are ridiculous "Oh he can't play in a midfield 2, he needs protection." "Oh he needs better midfield companions." "Oh he's not being played to his strengths". Maybe he's not good enough. It takes more than talent and fancy flicks to be a great player. Consistency, commitment, application, mentality, sacrifice, drive. All of which are lacking.

Also his attitude is the worst. The agent, the bullshit, the social media, how does Pogba generate so much attention it's beyond me. David Silva or KDB have have twice the output and half the media hype.

The_Midfielder

Just tired I think. Both him and Rashford seem to be suffering the worst lately and it’s no surprise they are the 2 that were out for a good while.

Wasn’t impressed by the penalty, though. Both he and TFM were ducking out, gotta be braver than that.
Rashford ? He literally scored 1, and assisted the other last game ..

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Time to end this experiment imo and let him go.

He's proven time and time again that he can't be star of this team. Needs to be the 4th best player to be effective. I've seen nothing substantial in the last 2 year to justify his status in the team. And the excuses for him are ridiculous "Oh he can't play in a midfield 2, he needs protection." "Oh he needs better midfield companions." "Oh he's not being played to his strengths". Maybe he's not good enough. It takes more than talent and fancy flicks to be a great player. Consistency, commitment, application, mentality, sacrifice, drive. All of which are lacking.

Also his attitude is the worst. The agent, the bullshit, the social media, how does Pogba generate so much attention it's beyond me. David Silva or KDB have have twice the output and half the media hype.
I agree. Let him go. Bring in two MFs and Sancho. We probably need a covering LB as well.

el3mel

And I didn’t make the claim about being able to sell him for near what he was bought for. I only said it’s not true that we wouldn’t be able to sell Pogba for £50m, something which prompted you to suggest I was buying into the hype?

I think if we let it be known we would accept any offers north of £50m for Pogba this summer we’d have plenty of clubs knocking on the door. I’m not saying it’s justified but I struggle to see anyone’s opinion that Madrid, PSG, Juve heck even Chelsea and City wouldn’t offer £50m for him this summer if we would agree. Bizarre opinion.
I said "If you believe we can sell him for what we paid for then you'll be buying into the hype", not that you're definitely buying into the hype. If you don't believe that then you're not. Easy eh ?

Imo other big clubs don't rate as much as we do and this is clearly shown by the lack of interest even though him and his agent did all they could and said all the shite about leaving and wanting a new challenge last summer and what was the end result ? How many clubs were actually interested in him and put on an offer for him after all this ? None.

He's not that highly rated anymore.

Riz

I said "If you believe we can sell him for what we paid for then you'll be buying into the hype", not that you're definitely buying into the hype. If you don't believe that then you're not. Easy eh ?

Imo other big clubs don't rate as much as we do and this is clearly shown by the lack of interest even though him and his agent did all they could and said all the shite about leaving and wanting a new challenge last summer and what was the end result ? How many clubs were actually interested in him and put on an offer for him after all this ? None.

Right well I don’t really get why you thought I was of that opinion then to be honest from what I said. :lol:

“We could sell Pogba for £50m this summer.”

“Well if you think we could sell him for anything near £90m you’re buying into the hype.”

Would be like me saying, if you think we can’t sell him for £10m you’re deluded.

I’m not saying anything about how good or bad he is or whether other clubs rate him as highly as we do. Literally all I said is that it wouldn’t be difficult to sell him for £50m this summer...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's difficult to have a balanced consistent side with him. He plays with no intensity, great when he's given time and space but any 3 man midfield against him with a bit of bite and we're up against it. Matic doesn't have the energy to make up for it.

el3mel

Right well I don’t really get why you thought I was of that opinion then to be honest from what I said. :lol:

“We could sell Pogba for £50m this summer.”

“Well if you think we could sell him for anything near £90m you’re buying into the hype.”

I’m not saying anything about how good or bad he is or whether other clubs rate him as highly as we do. Literally all I said is that it wouldn’t be difficult to sell him for £50m this summer...
Fair enough, I apologize if that offended you, but again the poster was saying the clubs weren't going to pay more than 50m, which means at 50m we might still sell him but not more than that, so you're also persisting on reading it wrong. :D

DickDastardly

Ok ok, let the 50 mil go.

What the feck do we do with him?!

Sell him? That would look underwhelming, wouldn't it?

We all love the fantasy player swap, who do we swap him with?

Add someone to do the dirty work for him? Who's that? Kante?

He's the conundrum Ole has to work out.

Riz

Fair enough, I apologize if that offended you, but again the poster was saying the clubs weren't going to pay more than 50m, which means at 50m we might still sell him but not more than that, so you're also persisting on reading it wrong. :D
I’m not offended, I just didn’t understand your reasoning or your opinion. I feel like people always want to go the extremes with our players which is what I was getting at. Even with your point above, I find it ridiculous that anyone seriously believes we would struggle to shift Paul Pogba for £55m.

For what it’s worth my view on Pogba hasn’t changed much, I think he’s capable of world class performances and playing amazing football, I also think he can be a passenger a lot of the time who can’t/won’t influence matches as much as someone with his ability should. Where my opinion has changed is I used to think he would become more consistent and start delivering week in/week out. I’m now starting to think his form will continue to fluctuate until he retires in much the same way it has throughout his career

Eddy_JukeZ

Not to defend his shocking error today, but I think people are going OTT a bit.

It was only 2-3 games ago he was getting heaps of praise in here.

I'm not opposed to selling him, but I think we'd have to settle for a lesser price and I don't fully trust Ole to adequately replace him.

Last edited:

Mr Smith

Don't blame him for the handball, I have a massive issue with those decisions and the lack of common sense applied, but that's a different topic.

But I do think today is more evidence to indicate that Pogba is a fair-weather player. His head really drops when things aren't going well. Its a criticism you can level at a lot of our players honestly, but it's particular noticable with Pogba.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Again, it's not just him that's been poor for successive games now. There are a handful of players that have been massively off the boil. I can only really point to Martial and Greenwood who are consistently looking sharp. This tells me its likely a burnout problem, or something system related that Ole needs to work on. If it was an individual performance relative to peers that was dipping then it's one thing, but collective performances being below par is another.

Ole needs to work on this massively in pre-season. How to tactically beat a press and operate better from deep positions.

M16Red

He's cost us 15 million a year in wages.

That is 937,500 per game this year so far. Almost a 1mill per EPL game. Not including Cup games.

Jibbs

This. I can only see PSG going as high as 70m if we are lucky and only if they genuinely want him, which I highly doubt. All other clubs won't go past 50m mark.

izzydiggler

I’m not sure how anyone can be surprised after 4 years. Capable of great things that make you hope he’ll fulfil his promise but just mediocre far too often to be considered a ‘top’ player.

It seems quite clear this just isn’t the place for him to shine...maybe he will elsewhere but I just think he lacks as many qualities as he possesses.

pascell

I wouldn't sell him, he's world class, all world class players have off days.

Was he stupid giving away the pen? Yes but he's not the only one to have been poor the past few games.

It comes down to not having the quality in squad depth to rest him and others. So we'll continue to get poor performances from players who have played 4 games in 10 days until we can rest them with adequate back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.