Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Back on a topic...Pogba was very good. Looks like a different player, movaited and playing for the team again.

Seems Covid had a bigger impact than we thought, he finally looks fit again. I hope he leaves us with a league win.

the_cliff

Played very well, constantly tried to create something. Played some lovely balls to Martial and Rashford if they could stay onside would've been a different result.
Can't fault him today, was by far our best attacker.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I still think classing it a sitter is been hard on Pogba, if he'd gone across the goal then I'm sure it gets blocked, and he only has a split second to think even after his perfect first touch, most players put their head down and whack in that situation, which he did, and most keepers aren't Alisson so it goes in, thems the breaks, for all Brunos chance maybe wasn't quite the same, he still didn't hit as well as he could have.
See that’s why I think it was a poor finish. Allison didn’t save it. The ball hit him. He didn’t even spread himself and block it with an arm or leg. It smashed him dead centre. Couldn’t have avoided the ball if he wanted to.

No big deal though. We’ve had much worse misses already this season. And Pogba player very well overall.

C'est Moi Cantona

See that’s why I think it was a poor finish. Allison didn’t save it. The ball hit him. He didn’t even spread himself and block it with an arm or leg. It smashed him dead centre. Couldn’t have avoided the ball if he wanted to.

No big deal though. We’ve had much worse misses already this season. And Pogba player very well overall.
I'll 100 % agree with you on that.

Moonis

Hes been a more effective player than Bruno in the last few games

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good today, showed up against big opponents. Looked dangerous and really bossed midfield in second half. I’ve been a big critic of his over the years but the last couple of months he has shown sustained excellence.

Mike Smalling

Such a shame that his shot didn't go in - it would have gone a long way to shut up the haters. He was really good nonetheless. Probably our second best player after Shaw. He has had a really good period and look a really mature player.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He could also have hoofed it over the bar, turned back and tried to be clever, booted it at Alisson's head instead, I'd say it was a chance a player more likely the scores than not for sure, but Keane would have you think it was an open goal he's missing, I think Brunos chance could at least be classed on a par with this one.
This is what I don’t get....Bruno’s chance was by far THE chance. Again Sky create a narrative using Pogba. Bruno was five yards out and could’ve done anything but what he did. The only thing Pogba could’ve done differently after great control was get more height on it.

Swiss_Red89

I really wasn't happy that Bailly didn't start today. But that was a topclass performance from Lindelöf!!! Looked calm and always in control. Happy for him. I hope the competition continues to push our CB's.

Edit: Wrong thread sry :lol: Pogba was also very good though.

Last edited:

giggsysupforit

Bit of a conundrum now with Paul, is he playing above himself for a new contract? Or is this is real level when playing in a functioning team?

Kamprad

He picked himself up in second half but his first was really really bad. Gives the ball away too easy and in dangerous areas. And of course he hates to defend. Could’ve cost you the game today.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been very good for the last 3 to 4 games.

Is this his best spell for us?
His best spell for us was probably that stretch where he and Martial kept Mourinho in the job. He was pretty good his first two years here, really.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
I thought our whole midfield was poor today.

Mcfredinay were just passed around for most of the game (no help from Bruno or Pogba) and offered nothing building from the back.

Bruno and Pogba weren't really visible in the first half but had a few fleeting moments in the second

If I'm honest, Luke Shaw bossed the midfield for us

criticalanalysis

As i said in the match day thread, those chest controls and flick ons from the long balls were Fellani-esque :drool:

New tactic and I'm not even joking here is to have Pogba more central with Fellani/Zlatan-ball. Full on pragmatic mode.

PaulScholes99

Such a fantastic footballer. It's a pity that he isn't constant enough and that there is always so much trouble about him and Raiola.

meamth

Bit of a conundrum now with Paul, is he playing above himself for a new contract? Or is this is real level when playing in a functioning team?
I think a simple answer is he finally gets steady run of games with full fitness in a better team than Mourinho's.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
As i said in the match day thread, those chest controls and flick ons from the long balls were Fellani-esque :drool:

New tactic and I'm not even joking here is to have Pogba more central with Fellani/Zlatan-ball. Full on pragmatic mode.
I think that was the set up. We used Pogba higher up the pitch to bypass the press sometimes and it worked.

He was very good, only attacking player who showed lot of composure on the ball.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wish he placed his shots a bit rather than just wacking them, but I thought he was superb yesterday. Among all our attack minded players, he was comfortably the best. Livepool had a tough time dealing with his presence I thought.

If we had one or two of the attack playing at that level we'd have scored a goal or two.

What particularly impressed me was his fight and scrapping, and of course his heading defending in the box.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't understand why Pogba is such a bad finisher though. Seems to have good shooting technique and power but I never really fancy him to score. He hits in the odd long range effort but when presented with a good chance, he doesn't really know what to do.

Still, I thought he was really good.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Back on a topic...Pogba was very good. Looks like a different player, movaited and playing for the team again.

Seems Covid had a bigger impact than we thought, he finally looks fit again. I hope he leaves us with a league win.
He clearly looks much fitter now. He used to be substituted too fast a few weeks ago. Now he can maintain a good level throughout the entire game

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't understand why Pogba is such a bad finisher though. Seems to have good shooting technique and power but I never really fancy him to score. He hits in the odd long range effort but when presented with a good chance, he doesn't really know what to do.

Still, I thought he was really good.
I think he's just not a natural at it. Some players, in some situations, you already know who's likely to score or who isn't. Had that been Bruno or even Cavani there, I'd have expected better.
Had that been Rashford, I would have had the same feeling with Pogba in that split moment.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The anti-Pogba performance. So often he plays with zero effort but pulls out some magic assist from his hat — and in this game he really showcased his workrate & desire, but the magic was missing completely. Still, it's nice to see him caring (even if it's him playing for a potential summer move) — we all know that he has the talent to add to that.

RuudtheRed

He did well in possession (one of our few players to be comfortable receiving the ball in the 1st half) and could have won us the game with the shot late on. But his defensive nous in the 1st half especially was entirely lacking.

He left AWB badly isolated - they showed clips at halftime where Pogba was oblivious to Robertson driving on behind him on at least 3 - 4 occasions on the wing. We were lucky that Firmino didn't play Robertson in when he blazed wildly past the post.

As much as he has shown improvement and control of the past few games, I don't think he played that well today. Football isn't just about what you do with the ball but also what you do without it, especially as a midfielder. Deploying him as a right sided midfielder was probably the only way for Ole to keep him in the team together with the enforcers McT and Fred.

Nicolarra90

This is what I don’t get....Bruno’s chance was by far THE chance. Again Sky create a narrative using Pogba. Bruno was five yards out and could’ve done anything but what he did. The only thing Pogba could’ve done differently after great control was get more height on it.
Not really, it was better to put it floor level by the first post, like de bruyne against chelsea a few games back

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Wonder what would it all have been should he have shown the same level of work rate and desire over past few seasons.

ash_86

Brilliant and fully committed yesterday. Good to have a player of his caliber on song when bruno is not on top of his game. Was everywhere on the pitch and could've scored a goal too.

Andrew Richmond

Brilliant and fully committed yesterday. Good to have a player of his caliber on song when bruno is not on top of his game. Was everywhere on the pitch and could've scored a goal too.
Could’ve scored or should have scored a goal. I’m sure he would like that opportunity again, low and to the keepers right it’s in the back of net. Should have done better.

Polar

Pogba is class; one of the best players in the the league; when he is fit, motivated and plays for the team.

We sometimes forget his injuries and COVID-problem. His bad periods has come after returning from injuries and probably has more to do with fitness than attitude problems. His frustration and own expectations in this regard has very often been interpreted in other more negative directions.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He needs to improve his finishing in the box, I think he could actually score more if he can improve it, had the chance as well to score in the box against Aston Villa. Although that’s never his speciality since his goals have been from long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.