Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

The sort of performance that makes you less worried about his leaving on a free. Atletico away is no place for Pogba.

Looked slow, leggy. Awful

Not sure how you go from moving like he was doing against Leeds in awful conditions to barely be able to jog
Yeah Pogba is a big guy too, I know he can’t can’t dart around the pitch but everything he does feels so slow. Maybe he needs a while to recover between games maybe? This will be an unpopular as he’s had some great performances recently.. but at his age and with his injury record, I won’t be disappointed if he leaves at the end of the season.

Vaibhav Raj

However good he is on the ball (on certain days), it is so infuriating watching him stand still the middle of the pitch and just ball watch, shifting his body towards the direction of player with the ball and only chose to run and/or attempt to close down once the attack has moved beyond him. Off the ball, he looks like he doesn't want anything to do with the game.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Pogba seemed adamant to show his strength tonight. Kondogbia threw himself to the floor on 4 occasions I can remember, and won a free kick everytime. Pogba should've had th awareness to win a few free kicks at the right times to relieve pressure.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
It really astounds me how even though all the players are getting trashed in their respective performance threads, when you bring up the Pogba criticism in his own thread, the rebuttal is "Oh but the team was shite"
If the team plays well he plays well.

He was shit, simple. Nothing to do with what was around him if you segregate his performance

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That was very poor performance, he lost ball almost all the time when he tried to shield it using his strength. Played pass of the game though, that was brilliant pass, only he can play among the players on the pitch.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Never in milion years I would play him in midfield 2 in CL knock out stages. Especially with Fred at DM.

We keep trying the same things expecting different results.

Marwood

Game was too quick for him.

We know this guys. Allowed to play at his pace he can be special.

But the best play levels above his pace.

Frank Grimes

Has he ever had a top performance in a big game for us? Guy is our most talented player but he has flattered to deceive for years.

Opposition managers constantly target him because he dawdles on the ball too much and leaves us on the back foot when he inevitably loses possession.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
As I said in another thread, Pogba and Bruno played like parodies of themselves. A showcase of everything that is shit about them as footballers. Pogba produced a highlight reel of every possible way to lose possession by taking far too long on the ball and having no clue of what’s going on around you.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Classic Pogba. Great game followed by absolute shit one.

It's a shame. This guy could have easily been the best midfielders in the world, but his bad habits on the pitch ultimately prevented him from that.

Had all the talent and potential but it's pointless when you can't even play 2 games in a row with a consistent performance.
Ffs here we go :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That was very poor performance, he lost ball almost all the time when he tried to shield it using his strength. Played pass of the game though, that was brilliant pass, only he can play among the players on the pitch.
Bruno can play that sort of a pass too, but yeah it was really good. Led to our best chance of the game, which shows how poorly everyone generally played.

NZT-One

I think he’s a bit slow on and off the ball to step into their current side. Klopp is a genius though, he would surely have found a way to incorporate him better than we have here, possibly off the left or as a pure AMC. Looking forward to seeing PP play tonight. He seems to be in a good moment form wise.
The next few weeks will really be a statement of what Pogba can do when against good teams and greater expectations. He has been very good since his return, but AM, City and Spurs is a far bigger challenge and one he will need to perform more than the 60 minute mark at a high level.
Guess you jinxed it ^^

Difficult match, early goal against and Atletico so much more up for it in the first half. Pogba was too loose, I get it, he got special treatment by Atletico but that is always going to be the case against the better teams. He wasn't helped by half of our team shitting their pants when on the ball but a few times he got caught very badly. Note for the 2nd leg of this fixture: expect a midfield battle. So either Pogba on the left or as the furthest forward midfielder.

MiracleInMadrid

Atletico swarmed him all the time. It must have been a part of their gameplan.

In these types of matches he needs to lay off his style and play more simple. But I don't think he will ever learn.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Has he ever had a top performance in a big game for us? Guy is our most talented player but he has flattered to deceive for years.

Opposition managers constantly target him because he dawdles on the ball too much and leaves us on the back foot when he inevitably loses possession.
Yeah loads. City plenty of times, Chelsea plenty of times, Arsenal plenty of times. Europa league semi finals and final. We have other players who it would be better to ask that question of.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Southampton
Brighton
Leeds

Fans started getting giddy. First decent team we play since he returned and he was awful again. Imagine my surprise.

Giving him 400k a week would be Alexis Sanchez territory. He's simply not worth it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I was saying to myself before the game he would be caught in possession and that is what happened. About 4 or 5 times in the first half alone.

Someone

Something
Simeone had him figured out tonight. If we're to get anything out of this competition we need him, along with Bruno, to not disappear like that. It won't get any easier with other teams.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Atletico swarmed him all the time. It must have been a part of their gameplan.

In these types of matches he needs to lay off his style and play more simple. But I don't think he will ever learn.
Himself and bruno. They would really go after them.

kundalini

Terrible performance. Dispossessed 3 times. Gave the ball away. Couldn't be bothered to get back in time to mark their player for the huge chance just before half-time.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Southampton
Brighton
Leeds

Fans started getting giddy. First decent team we play since he returned and he was awful again. Imagine my surprise.

Giving him 400k a week would be Alexis Sanchez territory. He's simply not worth it.
:lol:
I felt the same.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Shocking. People blame Ronaldo for holding us back, we played 10 times better when Pog went off. Too slow and also horrific passing. Sooner he fecks off the better - need committed players and not flashes of brilliance.

Bobski

Rotten first half, wasn't ready for the intense press and was harrassed off the ball repeatedly. Turned it around a little in the second half and was starting to enjoy more space but his fitness is poor at the moment.

Longshanks

Absolutely dreadful first half, better in the second half. Not good enough for a player of his calibre and seniority.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He wasn't that bad. Kept the balll too long at times like usual but that's about it.
Thats not of any use here. Some here have made up their mind. His fitness is bit lacking otherwise absolutely anyone in that attack could have been taken off before him.

Rubbish. When he's in that maverick mood he's impossible to play with, our midfield was outnumbered 3v1 until he went off.

redshaw

A good 45 against Leeds but I expected a bit more smarter play by one of our experienced players in the middle. With players snapping around him he goes to shit like he did against a poor Leicester team.

VivaRonaldo85

Scored that brace at Man City years ago but apart from that, i’d describe him as a flat track bully

Marwood

A good 45 against Leeds but I expected a bit more smarter play by one of our experienced players in the middle. With players snapping around him he goes to shit like he did against a poor Leicester team.
Why?

He plays like a talented 21 year old. Always has. Probably always will.

united for life

Pogba is a better player than Bruno. But Bruno runs more and presses better than him.
what has paul done in the last couple of years to say he is better than bruno? It’s not only about running and pressing, bruno has around 50 goals and 25+ assists in around 110 appearances for us. What are paul’s numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.