Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

He is here 6 years. He didn't justified price but still he won something here and still his every season except this one, was at least above average.
Meanwhile we have players who are stealing a living like Jones, who are absolute dross like Maguire, McT and Awb, who jog around like Rashford and best example; we have Ronaldo who cried and sulk and said that he is a bloody slave when he left us. But they never got booes . They have sympathy and love. What a double standards.

So i ask again; why is Pogba singled out with booes? He is far from being our worst player.
He doesn't want to sign new contract? His choice.
Because he was a world record transfer at the time and has allowed his agent to flirt around with other clubs, slate our club and even slate ex-legends here during the six years.

WOuld disagree every season he has been at least above average, he has been average for half of them and not had a single season that he has been world class for the season.

Hardly the first record transfer to flop, hardly our worst player...but I feel we expected more both as a player and in terms of loyalty and support to the club which hasnt appeared to be there with all the agent talk.

I think all the other players you mention have got loads of criticism, Maguire worse than Pogba, the booing in my opinion is that a player that has cost a fortune and is leaving on a free, hasnt looked like they are giving there all and leadign the side either.

Him wanting to leave personally doesnt bothr me, well within his rights, on that side I am more dissapointed we didnt seel him two seasons ago when he had value

SirScholes

Yet you’re surprised ? :lol:
Ok, I never said those words but whilst we are there
Yes because he started to make those comments whilst he was underperforming and the fans were on his side

now we are sick of his shit, he’s underperforming, making comments that he wants to leave and has done for a couple years now. So he very rightly gets the reception he got

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ok, I never said those words but whilst we are there
Yes because he started to make those comments whilst he was underperforming and the fans were on his side

now we are sick of his shit, he’s underperforming, making comments that he wants to leave and has done for a couple years now. So he very rightly gets the reception he got
Fans were on his side :lol:

Red00012

Pogba booed coming off and muted applause then for Rashford coming on. One waste of space for another

Roane

Pogba stats for today:

74 minutes played
77 touches
53 (90%) passes completed
2 long balls completed
7 dribbles completed
10 duels won
1 foul won
1 interception
3 clearances
9 recoveries

Is that really that bad??

M Bison

Supports
York City
Pogba stats for today:

74 minutes played
77 touches
2 long balls completed
7 dribbles completed
10 duels won
1 foul won
1 interception
3 clearances
9 recoveries

Genuinely have no idea, how does that compare with other players playing that position today?

Ward Prowse vs Arsenal for example, what were his equivalent stats?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
On the bright side when Pogba has moved on we won't be going round in circles with these arguments anymore.
Yeah, it's Becks all over again.

It's a shame it didn't work out for Pogba and United, a crying shame given his undoubted talent, but that's just the way it is I guess.

Roane

Genuinely have no idea, how does that compare with other players playing that position today?

Have to be honest I'm not much of a stat person. Tend to go with what I see, but stats seem to be all the rage and according to some I know these are decent stats made better (apparently) because of players out, how we set up, position played etc

Hoping someone can shed light on this. I posted hoping people who go by these things will respond

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Our entire board should be fired for letting this parasite stay at the club for as long as he has been, and our coaching staff should be reprimanded for continuing to play him while letting a hard working, skillful player leave on loan...

RonaldoVII

Pogba stats for today:

74 minutes played
77 touches
2 long balls completed
7 dribbles completed
10 duels won
1 foul won
1 interception
3 clearances
9 recoveries

What is his stat for jogging around or letting players run off him?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Pogba booed coming off and muted applause then for Rashford coming on. One waste of space for another
People can boo and let there feelings known and stuff but it’s us fans that are wasting our money watching the crap week in week out. Pogba won’t care if he gets booed, he’s still getting his weekly wage, same with rashford, same for the rest of the team. They don’t care about the fans. The fans need to stop turning up if they really want to protest.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Pogba stats for today:

74 minutes played
77 touches
2 long balls completed
7 dribbles completed
10 duels won
1 foul won
1 interception
3 clearances
9 recoveries

He was his usual poor self today. A few flashy touches here and there, the odd halfway decent pass thrown in, but nothing especially key. Similar to Bruno actually. I thought both were poor on the whole and shamefully outplayed by Lingard.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Not sure why Ralf continues to play him when he’s most likely going to leave the club once his contract runs out in the summer. Let’s just give some kids his place in these last few games. We have nothing to play for anymore anyway.
While I completely agree that we shouldn't play him anymore, we are only 3 points off 4th place right now so there is a lot to play for. I just don't think Pogba is the guy to help get us across the line...

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Or how does it compare with other players playing for United today would be a more relevant point

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pogba stats for today:

74 minutes played
77 touches
2 long balls completed
7 dribbles completed
10 duels won
1 foul won
1 interception
3 clearances
9 recoveries

Nope. Just scapegoated for the teams performance as usual. Some around him were absolutely abysmal

clarkydaz

Our entire board should be fired for letting this parasite stay at the club for as long as he has been, and our coaching staff should be reprimanded for continuing to play him while letting a hard working, skillful player leave on loan...
They still want to keep him!

Irrational.

I will never understand the fans who boo their own players. What exactly do they hope to achieve?

Yes he’s been a flop in the grand scheme of things, but he wasn’t responsible for his transfer fee in the same way that Maguire wasn’t. Today he played as a lone anchor without any supporting defensive midfielder.

He’ll be off in the summer and fans will find someone else to boo. We should at least back him until then. It’s just so counterproductive to team morale and can have a negative impact on performance. You’ll never find Liverpool fans do the same to their own.

Roane

He was his usual poor self today. A few flashy touches here and there, the odd halfway decent pass thrown in, but nothing especially key. Similar to Bruno actually. I thought both were poor on the whole and shamefully outplayed by Lingard.
What is his stat for jogging around or letting players run off him?

How are his stats in comparison to others in similar positions?

hobbers

I will never understand the fans who boo their own players. What exactly do they hope to achieve?
If a boo moves him one inch closer to deciding to leave, or the board one inch further away from deciding not to offer him a pathetic, desperate contract offer, then it's worth it.

In fact it'd be worth millions.

Irrational.

If a boo moves him one inch closer to deciding to leave, or the board one inch further away from deciding not to offer him a pathetic, desperate contract offer, then it's worth it.
I think we can all agree his second spell here has been a nightmare and find it highly improbable he’ll stay.

Red00012

Yes he’s been a flop in the grand scheme of things, but he wasn’t responsible for his transfer fee in the same way that Maguire wasn’t. Today he played as a lone anchor without any supporting defensive midfielder.

He’ll be off in the summer and fans will find someone else to boo. We should at least back him until then. It’s just so counterproductive to team morale and can have a negative impact on performance. You’ll never find Liverpool fans do the same to their own.
Closet Liverpool fan boy ?

pretty sure if I Google it I’ll find Liverpool fans booing one of their players

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I thought the booing was more related to him leaving on a free, depriving the club of millions that could go towards his replacement, rather than his performance which was pretty much stand for him these days.

I could be wrong, I haven't been to home game in years.

SirScholes

Why would you back a player who doesn’t want to be here?
He is partially responsible, he and his agent will discuss wages

and we do because how else are we to get across our opinions to a multi millionaire man child ?

Irrational.

Closet Liverpool fan boy ?

pretty sure if I Google it I’ll find Liverpool fans booing one of their players
Not since they’ve been successful you won’t. There’s a reason why it’s almost impossible to win at Anfield these days. They play with their team and scream for everything. We have such a disunity between the fans and the players, and even in the dressing room.

I thought the booing was more related to him leaving on a free, depriving the club of millions that could go towards his replacement, rather than his performance which was pretty much stand for him these days.

I could be wrong, I haven't been to home game in years.
Isn’t that on the club though? They’ve had ample opportunity to ship him and his parasitic agent off. Just like with Lingard.

Roane

No idea, you're the one providing stats trying to imply he played well, you tell us? I saw the performance in person, I don't need stats to judge it today.

I didn't imply anything.

I asked the question if this was bad. Or good

I also specified, after, that stats aren't my thing but are increasingly used these days and I hope someone who understands them more can respond.

Red00012

Not since they’ve been successful you won’t. There’s a reason why it’s almost impossible to win at Anfield these days. They play with their team and scream for everything. We have such a disunity between the fans and the players, and even in the dressing room.

Isn’t that on the club though? They’ve had ample opportunity to ship him and his parasitic agent off. Just like with Lingard.
So basically you’re saying Liverpool fans aren’t booing their own players because they’re winning games week in week out . Do you wonder why Utd fans are then booing our players ? :lol:

Roane

I don't know abot the stats, mate. I'm just going on what I saw from him today, which wasn't much if I'm honest.
Fair enough fella. To be perfectly honest I don't go by stats either. It just seems to be a thing these days. Don't get me started on XG :mad::nono:

I didn't even go looking for these tbh. It was posted by someone else on a different platform to say he played well. Not sure personally of those stats are good, bad or indifferent.

The one thing that has got me going hmmm is some of the responses (not yours by the way). Does imply a one rule for one one for another type of thing.

Owen11

Supports
French/naija
While I completely agree that we shouldn't play him anymore, we are only 3 points off 4th place right now so there is a lot to play for. I just don't think Pogba is the guy to help get us across the line...
So we shouldn't play Pogba an actual quality player but we should keep playing Maguire?:lol:

RuudTom83

Not sure why people think the boos and chants were for his 75 min performance in the game.

He has pissed the fans of for years, and now he is about to leave the fans can let him know what they think of him.

He is free to do another interview whenever he likes to say how the season is Dead and he hasn’t been happy blah blah, but he shouldn’t expect a free pass from the match going fans.

laughtersassassin

Being booed and told to feck off today of all days made zero fecking sense at all.

To be honest a lot of our fans kind of suck.

JB7

People can boo and let there feelings known and stuff but it’s us fans that are wasting our money watching the crap week in week out. Pogba won’t care if he gets booed, he’s still getting his weekly wage, same with rashford, same for the rest of the team. They don’t care about the fans. The fans need to stop turning up if they really want to protest.
To be fair he clearly did care with reacting to it at the end.

the_cliff

Pogba will leave, we'll still be shit until most of this squad is dismantled.

Those people that think that Pogba will leave and we'll suddenly become title contenders need their head wobbled.

432JuanMata

This is like the Ronaldo being the problem situation, in the way that Pogba obviously has been a letdown and going forward maybe isn’t the right option but we have so many problems that he isn’t the main issue.

Our MF without Pogba consists of Fred and Mctominay so while Pogba is a letdown and should go we really need upgrades first in CM and defence

Djemba-Djemba

Pogba will leave, we'll still be shit until most of this squad is dismantled.

Those people that think that Pogba will leave and we'll suddenly become title contenders need their head wobbled.
I bet you can't find a single person that thinks that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.